Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous (typical Miami style): Maybe they all fall down, only to wake up next season to realise Season 8 was nothing but a dream! :lol:

Nat in the finale other than running DNA...?

*wakes up from dreaming*

Anyway, it is funny how they describe the characters in the casting calls....I remember Nat's hearing doctor "can be good looking" and this "hip professor in good physical shape". :lol:

If they wake up and the past 3 seasons were all a dream I would party, party, party! :beer:
And if they are going to keep casting for "good looking" and "hip ... in good physical shape" guys for Natalia, for the love of Lenoa write a script that lets Natalia benefit from the cool casting.

Thanks for the spoiler MJ.

Hmm, it says 'potential' and not 'personal', so I think it is case related. I have 2 thoughts of ideas, good and bad:

Bad :rolleyes:: Since the attention on the finale is about all of them 'falling down', this guy could the the source of the deadly virus (since he dies too), so he spreads to Nat and then she spreads to the rest of the MDPD. Then Nat might end up being the one whose life is going to hang in balance, since she is the one who has this connection with him, assuming she is the one spending more time talking to him, thus her exposure is longer.

Hmm. I hadn't thought of it that way. Interesting idea.
I'm worried about her & this professor "forming a connection" JUST BEFORE he dies in his bathroom -- it suggests that she's the one protecting him & they're in his home when he's burned alive (I'll assume by the description of his death). I'm cool with Natalia being traumatized by witnessing this & not being able to help, but my fear is that TPTB will make her hearing loss somewhat responsible.....like maybe she doesn't hear the killer sneak in. I really hope this is something where his bathroom was rigged (or some kind of wierd self-combustion) & she's not at any fault -- this is one time I do not want her hearing issues to surface. :(

ETA:
Ok, that's worst case scenario ^^, but actually the more I think about the whole episode, it probably isn't going to be that personal -- in the epi description they say the serial killer leaves the CSI's cryptic clues & dead bodies; and there's a scene on youtube that shows Eric & Ryan trying to save a drowning man (looks like they fail too), so I think this might be something where all the CSI's have this type of encounter where they each come in close contact with the victims. Which leads me to wonder if that's where the initial threat is (similar to Michya's theory) -- maybe something lethal that's released from the bodies when they're dying & that's how it later effects the CSI's?

The "potential connection" is still questionable. :shifty:

Last edited:
For easier reference: ~~~[PROFESSOR STEPHEN] Mid to late 30s, a good-looking, hip professor in good physical shape. Another faculty member at the university, this professor reveals that Melissa was kicked out of the program for falsifying her research results. He gratefully accepts the CSIs' offer of police protection and forms a potential connection with Natalia Boa Vista just before dying a gruesome, fiery death in his bathroom...GUEST STAR ~~~

Ok, that's worst case scenario ^^, but actually the more I think about the whole episode, it probably isn't going to be that personal -- in the epi description they say the serial killer leaves the CSI's cryptic clues & dead bodies; and there's a scene on youtube that shows Eric & Ryan trying to save a drowning man (looks like they fail too), so I think this might be something where all the CSI's have this type of encounter where they each come in close contact with the victims. Which leads me to wonder if that's where the initial threat is (similar to Michya's theory) -- maybe something lethal that's released from the bodies when they're dying & that's how it later effects the CSI's?

The "potential connection" is still questionable. :shifty:

I think you're onto something there too MJ. Are there any other casting calls to suggest something similar about others? If so, then it would be a general encounter for everyone and I won't put anything into the 'potential connection' at all.

Or could it be that this guy forms a 'potential connection' about the killer to Natalia? Or simply both of them were discussing and when they put their theories together, they hit a break to whom might be the killer.

Anyhoo I don't think the "whole team" would be involved, I don't believe it was exactly mentioned either. The official descriptions always describe "the CSIs" solve this case or that and still Natalia always gets left out. :rolleyes: Always she will be back to and stuck doing DNA when there are some big cases going on or she is off to some mysterious island that doesn't allow her to be involved.

After reading all of your spoilers I'm wondering if the contagion is
going to be something like the virus from last season's Criminal Minds finale? given that this show recycles, plots, character scenes and actors (though to be fair other shows do this too) would it be a surprise?

After reading all of your spoilers I'm wondering if the contagion is
going to be something like the virus from last season's Criminal Minds finale? given that this show recycles, plots, character scenes and actors (though to be fair other shows do this too) would it be a surprise?

It wouldn't surprise me, no. But my memory is apparently fuzzy....I don't recall the virus situation on CM....didn't it involve Foyett?
Would you mind refreshing my memory on that one?

I don't watch Criminal Minds but what I saw and read of it
Some yutz was going around spraying an anthrax'esque contagion. He got a playground and one of the good guys walked in his hideout and contaminated himself

Last edited:
I don't watch Criminal Minds but what I saw and read of it
Some yutz was going around spraying an anthrax'esque contagion. He got a playground and one of the good guys walked in his hideout and contaminated himself

My memory is awful, I still don't remember that :lol: But yes, I could see it being something like that, only the spoilers are so vague it's hard to say what causes the 'collapsing', & I haven't seen/heard of anything that might involve anything like a virus or the like.

I think there will be some mind games/manipulation involved, though I'm not too sure this is anywhere near the cause of the CSI's collapsing or if it has anything to do with Natalia & Professor Stephens "potential connection".
There's this character description (note: other characters in the description are involved in this "study") ......
[MELISSA] 25 to 30. A graduate student at Dade University, she's spent the last six years on a complex research project called the "moral compass theory." For the study, she tested her subject's moral limits, forcing them to shock other subjects. <snipped the rest>

And this article I found (real life study on moral compass, keep in mind it's irrelevant to the show; just intersting similarity is all):
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/30/tech/main6347079.shtml

My memory is awful, I still don't remember that :lol: But yes, I could see it being something like that, only the spoilers are so vague it's hard to say what causes the 'collapsing', & I haven't seen/heard of anything that might involve anything like a virus or the like.

I think there will be some mind games/manipulation involved, though I'm not too sure this is anywhere near the cause of the CSI's collapsing or if it has anything to do with Natalia & Professor Stephens "potential connection".
There's this character description (note: other characters in the description are involved in this "study") ......
[MELISSA] 25 to 30. A graduate student at Dade University, she's spent the last six years on a complex research project called the "moral compass theory." For the study, she tested her subject's moral limits, forcing them to shock other subjects. <snipped the rest>
And this article I found (real life study on moral compass, keep in mind it's irrelevant to the show; just intersting similarity is all):
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/30/tech/main6347079.shtml

That article you've posted is scary, I def do not want to be subjected to those magnetic waves treatment to alter my brain cells or damage them. Any brain waves treatment/tinkering scares me. :wtf:

I think I remember the CM episode, was it the one where Reid gets trapped?

Anyway, other than it being a virus, maybe it could be a contamination, bacteria strain (like the corn episode), or they all got drugged, or maybe they get bitten by a poisonous spider because of a scent or whatever else. But I still prefer, they all woke up to a big bad dream....well maybe that should've been me. :lol:

I def love mind games, hopefully the CSIs don't win so easily this time and that the killer doesn't simply admits guilty, which is mostly what they do on this show. :rolleyes:

Esai Morales is listed in the press release to play 'Stephen' (our professor I believe) It's funny. As soon as I saw he was going to guest star I thought he & Natalia would make a nice looking couple. But of course, he dies. WTH!

Anyway, on the whole "the 2 form a potential connection' -- I'm going with the theory that they like each other, he's the source of this 'thing' that makes them all collapse, he gives it to Natalia, she spreads it to members of the team.
Kiss of death, Michya :lol:

Haven't been on in a while (grad school taking over my life) - just came on to see if any news about Natalia, or where eva has been or any explanation for her absences... The spoiler boxes don't like me and don't let me click most of them.

Hope that natalia comes back to a normal character next season.
This second half of this season has been torture having to wait weeks between new episodes and even longer to even get a look at Natalia... too many CSI's right now, too little character development or consistency in character/story...

^Great to see you back.

Haha, Natalia does indeed needs to come back to a 'normal' character. Far too many characters and all being spread way too thin, with some like esp Natalia and Frank go *poof*. Now it seems to me they put characters together just to accomodate them and not because for real team interaction and thus each getting fewer lines to say. Probably takes them 5 minutes to memorise their whole script.

I didn't know who this actor was, so I checked him out, as you say, there is some potential there but....but....before we can see anything, he leaves in a gruesome manner....eh. Oh why! I hope if your theory is correct, Natalia doesn't get too upset/traumatised with his death.

And apparently, the whole MDPD collapses.:confused:

^Great to see you back.

Haha, Natalia does indeed needs to come back to a 'normal' character. Far too many characters and all being spread way too thin, with some like esp Natalia and Frank go *poof*. Now it seems to me they put characters together just to accomodate them and not because for real team interaction and thus each getting fewer lines to say. Probably takes them 5 minutes to memorise their whole script.

I didn't know who this actor was, so I checked him out, as you say, there is some potential there but....but....before we can see anything, he leaves in a gruesome manner....eh. Oh why! I hope if your theory is correct, Natalia doesn't get too upset/traumatised with his death.

Cute isn't he? I have 'shame on me' images already! :devil:
Damn TPTB. I don't want her to be overly-traumatized either though -- maybe it's a sign of things to come for her in season 9...maybe a new guy.... one who won't die on her or stand her up. Hope so.

Well this doesn't need to be in a spoiler box:

Natalia does needs a romance and some lovin'! I am not saying, we need to SEE it but it will be nice to know she is in love with someone and she is happy...you know and put Nick to sleep forever. I can't never see how someone like her don't or can't get a date. Hello?!!! Maybe they are too afraid to show what true/real romance is...eh?

^^^ I know!!
It's past due, that's for sure. If she were someone who didn't have such a crappy history with marriage then I wouldn't care so much -- but considering Nick, she more than anyone deserves some happiness....even if for just awhile, cause I know cupcakes & roses don't last forever in MiamiLand.
Still. It would be nice to see after all her struggles (Mole, Nick, learning to shoot, hearing loss, finale maybe?) that she get's something a little more on the positive side.....a little slap-n-tickle & watching Natalia all flirty & cute would be welcoming.

^Great to see you back.

Cute isn't he? I have 'shame on me' images already! :devil:
Damn TPTB. I don't want her to be overly-traumatized either though -- maybe it's a sign of things to come for her in season 9...maybe a new guy.... one who won't die on her or stand her up. Hope so.

can someone link me to the original discussion of who this is and the role they'll be playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back