Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I'm very happy for her. =)

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

WOW I'm so happy fo Eva & also for her daughter Kaya;). I wish to her whole family all the best:beer:

Thanks Hormiga for the news & thanks mjszud for the pic. They do look cute together :D

3. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

Behind The Scenes Browns Jewelers Photoshoot (May 16)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

:wtf: Eva's getting married!? Nooooooooooooooo! I've missed my chance now :(
    I guess i'm happy for her :p Nah I am really :lol:

5. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

:D:DSo did I!!! Still, I do hope this one is the charm!!:D:D

:angel::angel: CONGRATS EVA!!!!:angel::angel:

6. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

This one is special since Kaya is gonna be there! I really think she found the right one, this one is not a actor so they have really good chance of making it!

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hey Guys!!!:p
    For those who wish to hear more about Eva's trip to Africa with Joe & how he proposed; Eva has made a post on her message board to give us all the details.....all I can say is Joe sounds like a big ol' romantic....very sweet.
    Im so giddy for her, check out the post if ya want , it's under 'Hi All' in the General Board.

:D

8. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

So this might be a little late, but... OMG EVA'S GETTING MARRIED?! That's awesome! I'm so happy for her. :)

Anyone see that John O'Hurley is going to be the new host of Family Feud? I went, "Oh. That's Eva's first husband, isn't it?" :wtf:

9. doublehelix

Greetings Folks! I don't know if anyone has come across this previously but Eva did a photoshoot/interview with L.A. Direct Magazine in March. I haven't seen anyone post about it so I have taken the honor of posting a link so everyone can see/read it.

There are no big revelations in the interview but It does give some good insight to what Eva is like.

Here's the link! Enjoy!

http://www.ladirectmag.com/webContent/archives/08_03/features/feature01_main.html

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^^great article!! "Miami's resident BABE" ...:lol: yes she is!!! ...& how cool is it to be called that at age 41?!?!?!
    She's such a lovely person, inside & out.

11. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Thanks for the link to the article, doublehelix! I always love reading interviews and whatnot... she's so down-to-earth and real, you know what I mean?

I have a lot of respect for her decision to live in an area of LA that isn't full of paparazzi. I used to think that it was impossible for celebrities to control the amount of media attention they get, but Eva's totally debunked that theory. She makes very smart choices when it comes to what kind of publicity she gets... we've seen articles about her in respectful magazines, pictures of her in classy clothes at carpet events, etc. No paparazzi pictures or TMZ articles of her piss-drunk, high as a kite, being rude, etc.

Part of her decisions is probably Kaya. I'm not saying that she'd be wreckless if she didn't have a daughter, but I'm sure that Eva definitely takes into account her daughter, which I love. It looks like she tries to give Kaya a "normal" life as much as she possibly can. She drives her to school, picks her up, takes her to dance lessons, etc. Eva will occasionally take her to an event, only after making sure that it will be okay for her, etc. What an awesome mom.

Has anyone ever had an opportunity to watch Eva on All My Children? I was probably a little too young to care about soaps when the episodes she was in aired, but I've been watching videos on YouTube. Can I just say how fabulous she was? Her acting is top-notch. The Miami writers are wasting SO MUCH of her talent right now... ugh.

12. doublehelix

I think the paparazzi probably finds Eva quite boring. Any such photographs I have ever seen have been of her at charity functions, events she has hosted, , sometimes at movie premiers(sometimes with Kaya, sometimes not), spa or boutique openings. All in all not really "meaty" or obscene kind of stuff that that paparazzi can sink their teeth into or use to embarrass someone. I also do think Eva is well aware that you don't make enemies of the press. They can destroy your career.

I actually was able to locate two photos of Eva and her fiancee together at an event she was hosting some time ago. I tend to get the feeling that we're not going to see many photos of Joe. Judging from the photos I think Joe is camera shy and probably is going to avoid media attention. Sorry, but in my efforts to locate the photos again have turned up zero.

I did see a video once of Eva shopping in some LA boutique. Eva seems to prefer small boutiques and stores. A small gathering of photographers had gathered outside and were snapping pictures. Eva smiled and gave them a wave but other than that all she was doing was looking at clothing, talking to the salesperson, trying on a piece of jewelry here and there. WHAT WERE THESE PHOTOGRAPHERS EXPECTING? That she was going to have some sort of wardrobe malfunction? SPARE ME, PLEASE!! Sorry, folks I could give you a link but some recent searches leads me to conclude that this particular video isn't up anymore.

I have no doubt that Kaya is the biggest reason why Eva lives under the radar. Heavy media attention can be toxic for a child.

To the paparazzi, what's so exciting about an actress that live a low-key life, dates a man, lives close to her family (sisters/mother/brother...) , is seen shopping here and there, occasionally shows up at events, drives her child to and from school, and does not engage in depraved or out-of-control behavior? Nothing, that's what! So what's the point in pursuing her.

It does look as if Eva knows how to keep it real.

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Agreed!! She is very down to earth, she's as "normal" as anyone could be..not so exciting for the paparrazi. They'll stick to trying to catch young starlets drunk at clubs or wearing no underwear:rolleyes:...that's not our Eva, she's a classy lady:)

14. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Did anyone ever watch "All My Children" when Eva was on it? I've been watching some clips on YouTube, and can I just say how amazingly talented she is? I'm in awe. It's disgusting how much the producers and writers of "CSI: Miami" are WASTING her.

Seriously. I don't know what else to say. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, I get that feeling, too. I've only seen two pictures of him so far - one that was posted in this thread, and another that was in the CBS Magazine. (Did anyone see that? Not just the picture [which is a super-cute one of the two of them on a plane drinking champagne], but the article? It's about Eva's trip to Paris.)

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I never watched the soap, I became an Eva fan through her role as Natalia, but I did go back & watch clips on youtube & movies that she's been in, & I fully agree, she has a load of talent that is being so terribly wasted. It's something I've been ranting over for a while now.
    It's a good thing she has other things in motion like her movie with Samuel L. Jackson, & her personal life sounds like it's doing great as well, so TPTb need to start learning how to write the word NATALIA down in thier damn scripts!!!!!!
    This past season has been ridiculously overplayed with just a few characters, It's been such a disappointment. She had ...what...2 scenes in the finale...one was a complete cleavage shot & the other she had like 3 lines.:rolleyes:
    Natalia/Eva is way better than that, although the one scene w/ Eric I really enjoyed (teeheehee).
    Still, it isn't right, & I can't imagine how it must make Eva feel everytime she gets a script, it's a story about Horatio or Calleigh & she only has a few lines. I'd be pissed, it's an ensemble cast, not the :censored: Horatio & Calleigh hour!
    It's time to dust off Natalia Boa Vista!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.