Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

Anya's sharing her appart with Sasha who is trying to become a actress like Anya. Christine cant be younger than Anya cause she has children.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think i'll second that, Veggie. & 'member Sasha was saying that guy sounded soooo old & she goes "he was like 35". I thought that was hilarious! I think Anya would be about 22?! I always imagined it like Anya was the 'oops baby' & that Nat & Christine would be closer to each others age. du-really-no!

3. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

Well, I just have no idea to be truthful. And yeah the, "He was like 35" was probably one of the best lines of that episode

4. patluver144

patluver144 Police Officer

Yeah that line totally cheered Nat up for like a second!

5. Flail_Master

Flail_Master Victim

6. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Flail_Master, thanks for the pictures, she looks great :)

About her sisters, I don't know either, but I am almost sure that Anya is the youngest. As for the other sister, I don't know. I don't remember her being mentioned :confused:

But "Darkroom" is such a good episode. I loved it! Her face when she saw the photos :rolleyes: Well, and about the whole storyline, I have a question, maybe you can help me. I saw a video with Eva, she was telling the same story that happened in this episode, but I felt that it was for real, it seemed news, not a summary of the episode. I think it was about Eva personally. Like if her sister was in the same kind of thing Anya was, and that Eva recognized her or something in the pictures they showed. Does anyone know for sure? Sorry if this sounds stupid.

7. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

thanx for the pics Flail_Master! she's gorgeous.

i saw that too and i thought it was an actual interview and that really happened to her and thats where they got the storyline from. idk, its been a while since i watched it. i thought that was really interesting and must have made that episode really personal for her.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

i never saw the interviews but i do know for sure that the epi was inspired by Eva & her sister Nika's real life experience w/ the serial killer, it was in the 80's when it happened but i can't remember the guys name. No one was hurt or kidnapped, i think it was just that Nika's pictures got in his hands & this was a man who was killing women (like in the epi). They had a big thing (on him)on 48 Hours & Eva was interviewed. I'm sure you could search it & find the true story. BTW, lovely pics!! Love the dress. Love the casualness (sunnies on her head)! She must have the best bra ever! love her!

9. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

Flail_Master thank you for the pics!ยช :D
    She looks awesome!

10. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

11. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I wonder if she called her sister more often after that. It would be tempting to call your sister more often just to make sure she was ok. Anybody can be killed at any time. We don't know how long anyone has to live. We should appreciate our families now.

12. Boa_Vista_Fan

Boa_Vista_Fan Rookie

Welcome to the thread, CSI_Dani! It's always great to see another Eva/Natalia fan. :D

Again, it all comes down to the writing. (Well... usually.) You could give the best actress in the world a really crappy script and no matter how talented she may be, it just doesn't make up for the writing.

I just typed up this huge paragraph where I tried explaining all of this, but it didn't make any sense to me. I'm hoping this might help: There's a really great Eva/Maria moment titled "Maria's Meltdown" on a site-that-must-not-be-named. ;) If you ever happen to come across it, you'll see just how brilliant Eva is and why she was nominated for a Daytime Emmy. Look at how much the writers gave her to work with and how well she did it all. And now think about how much the writers have given her (or any of the other actors) on CSI: Miami. Nothing in these last two seasons can compare to that Eva/Maria moment.

So I don't think that she's not good for Primetime. It's some of the poor choices made by the writers that aren't good for Primetime.

I agree. It'd make sense that she took a few self defense classes after Nick. Do you remember when Michael Lipton jumped up and grabbed her arm in interrogation that one time? I noticed she took a really defensive stance--taking a step back, grabbing onto his wrist, maintaining eye contact... Maybe the group that she's part of teaches self defense to the women?

I agree. She's such a fresh breath of air. She ruffled some feathers last year, but the team finally accepted her and she's settled in nicely. I like what she has to bring to the job and her approach on some things is refreshing.

They brought up the abuse again? Wow... When? And where the heck was I?

I think you're right. I'm willing to bet that Anya is the youngest. Nothing was ever mentioned about the other sister, except that her name was Christine. I'm going to assume that Christine is older than Anya because she has at least two kids...

Unless Natalia has a brother. :eek:

...But let's not get into that.

13. xxjennlovescsixx

xxjennlovescsixx Civilian

woah. i dont get this!!!!!! jenn really likes this- sugarplum fairey

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

umm.. ok (looks up at post). Anyhoo. to answer BOA FISTA FAN, I probably should of been more specific about the 'abuse' thing. I just meant that in the epi when Michael Lipton grabbed her. It seemed 'thrown in' & then Eric asking if she was ok, in my eyes it was the writers way of bringing up the abuse again, just very lightly. i guess it depends on how you view the show; I always keep in mind the epi titles 'cuz alot of times it'll bounce off all stories in the show & little things that are said or done that seem 'unfinished' gets thrown into a story later. to me it just seemed 'off' that they threw in this situation w/ Michael Lipton that really had nothing to do w/ the actual epi. i dunno, it's just how i view things. heres an example: in S4 we found out she was abused in "collision", then it was totally dropped w/out even a mention for the rest of that season. Then comes S5, the 1st epi, Nick was brought up (during argument w/ Ryan); epi 2, her & eric interrogating Angela (Nat talks about being scared, ect.) & Nick is mentioned again about the gangs. & then boom he resurfaces in like epi 4. anyway, thats all i was getting at. I suppose i could be reading to much into it but ..well.. i kinda like my version so i'll go w' it til next season ( smiles big & cheezy) :D. WELCOME NEWBIES!! Don't forget your complimentary Midori cocktail on the way out!! :p

15. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

heres my thoughts on the "random info popping up" bit. which i totally agree with btw. sometimes things don't make a lot of sense until you read into them. anyway, i think the writers have tried to put so much on each character that when they have an episode that deals with that one person and what they are going through they try to keep continuity (not always successful) in the show by throwing in references to the others. did i just make any sense? anyway, thats just my opinion. i could be wrong, its happened before. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.