Eurovision Song Contest 2006

if you say your songs are very bad YOU HAVE TO listen OUR song (TURKEY)..In my opinion it's awful.. It's gonna be TURKISH so nobody will understand it

But you can allways count on 10 or 12 points from Germany

Gregs_Girlfriend said:
kazzy said:
I don't think I'll be cheering for the UK this year... :lol:

I don't blame you mate! :lol:

These are two of our runners up and this is our entry! God help us!

Yeah, Costa would've been a good choice. I would've voted for him cos I used to like Blue. :p But dude, the winner so should not have WON! Just shows you the majority of the UK are chavs or just like terrible music! :p

And Duckers, I'd thought that, population density is much less in Finland than Germany so therefore yours is....bigger ish but then again, I thought it was too complex so I didnt bother to write it down. :p

^:lol: :lol:

Isn't it amazing howmany things we find that we can argue about? :lol:

Eurovision Song only make big problems in my country. we have 2 years vot for BG song to go there...and this 2 ages have a lot scandal, bribe, blunt offer songs...agrrrr..bettered don`t have in advance eurovision contest in my country :D and ours singer is tooo bad for all EU or word standard...sorry for my at all

Here's a video of our representatives,"Las Ketchup",they chose that name because they're the daughters of a flamenco guitar player whose nickname is "Tomate"(tomatoe).The song is "Bloody Mary".
They had some success years ago with a song called "Asereje".
So you can see by yourselves how awful they are.... :devil:

OMG! There was rumours that they won't let Lordi perform because of their show/costumes :eek:

But I think they can after all :D

I am so excited about to see 'em there!

Beware for the Dutch, we gonna win ... the competition for being last! Last week our show was on, glad I watched something else instead, but during the commercial breaks I watched some pieces of the show. That was ... so bad.

You can listen to the winning song here. It's by a girl group called Treble. I think this was the best choice, the other two were no good at all. This song got 72% of the votes.

Today I heard that they let Lordi to ESC :D The problem was the lyrics, but they saw no problem with it :)

Here those are:

Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah

The saints are crippled
On this sinners' night
Lost are the lambs
with no guiding light

The walls come down like thunder
The rocks about to roll
It's The Arockalypse
Now bare your soul

All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn hard rock hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
In God's creation supernatural high

The true believers
Thou shall be saved
Brothers and sisters
keep strong in the faith

On the day of Rockoning
It's who dares, wins
You will see the jokers
soon'll be the new kings

All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

Wings on my back, I got horns on my head
My fangs are sharp and my eyes are red
Not quite an angel or the one that fell
Now choose to join us or go straight to Hell

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

Daisy said:
Beware for the Dutch, we gonna win ... the competition for being last! Last week our show was on, glad I watched something else instead, but during the commercial breaks I watched some pieces of the show. That was ... so bad.

You can listen to the winning song here. It's by a girl group called Treble. I think this was the best choice, the other two were no good at all. This song got 72% of the votes.

Yeah, I was actually moronic enough to watch the show :lol: We picked the best of the worst, didn't we? That singer from the second group was terrible! Not to mention the last 'singer.' I always thought she stunk, even when she was on Idols, and boy did she prove it. Why oh why did I waste a evening watching that crap? Stupid, stupid me :)

Bumpty bump :D

ESC will be in a week... Oh, how much fuss our entry has created, even in USA :lol: :lol:

I hope they make to the final. I think other Nordic Countries (esp Norway) and Germany are well behind us :D

Or I hope so :lol: I know Norwegians are but the others... hmmmm

I swear I scream if...if... well, like last year that Romanian woman got into final. I swear all men just voted for her because her boobs were about to jump off her shirt! Or a few years ago that hot Greek man who couldn't sing but MAN he was hot as hell :eek:

^Are you talking about Sakis Rouvas, the guy who's co-hosting this year with Maria Monounos? I have most of his songs on my ipod and yeah, he's sexy hehe. I wonder what Greece's chances are this year with Anna Vissi representing us. Compared to Elena Paparizou she's decent and ooh, I'm really happy it's been hosted in Athens this year :D.

Oh yes, that guy :lol: I remember saying to mom "well, Greece won't make it to the final because that guy couldn't sing" and then you hear "GREECE!" I was shocked :lol:

*sings: Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it mi amor*

ahem

I guess I'm glad also that ESC wins have gone to other countries too.. not just Germany, Ireland, France and UK :lol: it's bit frustrating.
Oh, we've been there 40 times and we have wins.... ZERO! I guess it's kind of achievement itself :lol:

Lordi has been promoting a lot and I guess it's bit better known among the metal fans because it has gone all over the Europe as warmup band for Nightwish.

If you have a chance to see their video, it's worth it. Tho it's pretty... strange :lol:

I was wondering if in another countries you really like Eurovision because here most of the people (including myself) think it sucks and it's old fashioned,people only watch it to laugh about how freaky it is.
It's not my intention to offend Eurovision fans,I'm just curious about what do you think about it.

I always watch it so I can laugh at entries :lol: Usually when Finland has been there I've been biting my blanket and haven't know should I cry or laugh.
And I know many do that...
But then there can be also awesome songs (like Norway) last year and perhaps you catch something you really, really like.

Back