Eurovision Song Contest 2006

Well, I have to say that Croatia is shocked by the representative this year...and there's a big scandal here involving that song.
It's fast, and it has stupid lyrics...I mean it's called "My heel". I hope that she (Severina) will sing in croatian, cause less people will understand her.
I like her, but this song is just...weird.

^:lol:
I don't know will we get a song that is in Finnish. I hope not...
I don't like when they sing in Finnish. Like I've said before, when I was a kid, then you HAD to sing with your own language and I thought it was reason we never won. Because we have ugly language.
Tho, singing in Finnish is better option than someone singing in English with crappy pronouncing.

OMG! Our final starts in 30mins! :D

if you say your songs are very bad YOU HAVE TO listen OUR song (TURKEY)..In my opinion it's awful.. It's gonna be TURKISH so nobody will understand it :D

Seriously if our rep has the same dancers he had the heats I'd be scared, he's rapping (badly) about his schools days while dancers in a barely there school uniforms dance around him!

All this said I will be watching, it's one of the comedy highlights of the year! And Terry Wogan (our voice over person) takes the mick out of all the acts! Hilarious!

All this said I will be watching, it's one of the comedy highlights of the year!

Yeah, that's what I thought about our finals.
It's like a car accident. It's awful, but you can't look away. :D

One part of the song goes:
Africa! Paprika!

Unfortunatelly, those words are the same in english and croatian...

So Maria Menounos will be co-hostess along side Greek superstar Sakis Rouvas. Greece will be sending in Anna Vissi to repersent us. I don't know how she is compared to Elena Paparizou but I pray that she's good. It is taking place in Greece after all...

I think some countries may deliberatley be spending in rubbishy entries so that they don't have to host it next time. Actually that's no excuse for us, it seems to be a habit that we send in strange entries.

Oh wow! I want them to win! :p

I was reading in Heat magazine that they've sold the concept of eurovision to the US so they can have like an inter-state thing.

^Yeah NBC bought it :D

Hahha, at least now we have something different in ESC :lol: :lol:

I'm still upset that back in old days NIghtwish didn't get to ESC because we had stupid judges system. I think they got some 85% vote phone votes then. Well, I guess judges realised their mistake later on :lol:

DaWacko said:
Ahhahahah! Lordi won! Got 42% of votes here :lol:

They look like this

:lol: :lol: they play monster metal :devil:

Their official website

http://www.lordi.org

:D

Heheheheheheheheheh...interesting lookig band. Now my mom is going to be convinced that all bands from Finland are satanists. ...Regardless of what music they play. :p But yeah, I heard the song of theirs and it seemed quite good! Catchy. :D

yeah, at least they can pronounce ENglish :lol:

Their albums have sold quite well and are published in over 20 countries :p

kazzy,it's not our fault we produce more metal bands than any other country :p :lol: (along with Norway)

Took my a while before I noticed that one who plays keyboards is a woman.

Hehe, that's true. You so can tell by going to Finland country on metal-archives.com SO FREAKING HUGE. ;) But though, I think it's Germany who beats you two at the most metal bands. :p ..

I don't think I'll be cheering for the UK this year... :lol:

I meant per capita.

Remember that there is only 5.2million Finns but 83.3million Germans.

There's a difference :p

Back