Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about meeting family members (Doc's niece and possibly his wife too, Hodges and Sara's mothers)... If Greg's grampa Olaf is still alive, I wish they'd have him in an episode. And even if he's not alive, they could still do a flashback. Like maybe Greg is trapped somewhere (not really in immediate danger like Nick was or anything, but like falling down a hole while investigating or something- not too steep a hole though..) and has flashbacks to advice his grandfather gave him, and that keeps him from losing his mind or something lol.

I wouldn't mind a flashback, works for me :) but I think Papa Olaf is still alive, he said in Let the Seller Beware "To this day he still tells me...", I mean I guess he could have died between now and then but it just be weird that he died without our knowledge some time ago

I agree. And I really hope we'll see him some(one)day. It'd be nice to see him in flashback (at least) or like visiting Greg and giving some advice on some things (love maybe), or in front of the team (would be embarrassing for him but cute too, I think).

First off, Greg in a tux?!!! Droooool! Second, he's carrying a gun now? That's so disappointing. I always liked that he didn't carry, it made him more like a scientist (and more like Grissom) in that it seemed it was the science of the job he cared most about. Bummer. :(

First off, Greg in a tux?!!! Droooool! Second, he's carrying a gun now? That's so disappointing. I always liked that he didn't carry, it made him more like a scientist (and more like Grissom) in that it seemed it was the science of the job he cared most about. Bummer. :(
You make a good point about the gun. It did make him more of a scientist in that aspect. But Grissom did carry his gun more often in the end too I noticed.

Alright, my two cents:

Mendelsohn's answer to both Greg's gun and his book are fine by me. I would have been far more surprised if Greg wasn't carrying at this point given all the shit that has happened to the team. And while he may not like guns, as a smart man he knows carrying one might save his life or the life of his teammates. For me, that's explanation enough.

As for the book, his not finding a publisher is actually fairly accurate. From what I gather from what has been shown, he's an amateur author who wrote a history book. I don't know the style that he wrote in, but a publisher might be unwilling to take a risk on something like that. In contrast, Langston wrote a book that looked like a crime/medical drama. That's an easy sell as an airport novel. A publisher probably felt that Greg's book would have a harder time reaching an audience.

Finally, about Greg's family. I find the idea that there has been no family visits from him or relatives to be hard to swallow. These characters probably do a lot more in the days, weeks, and months when we don't see them in episodes. They get days off, sick leave, vacation time, etc. I'm positive family visits have occurred at some point throughout the seasons. Just because they haven't happened for us to see doesn't mean they don't exist.

And that's all I have to say about that. :)

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, had a busy week!

Alright, my two cents:

Mendelsohn's answer to both Greg's gun and his book are fine by me. I would have been far more surprised if Greg wasn't carrying at this point given all the shit that has happened to the team. And while he may not like guns, as a smart man he knows carrying one might save his life or the life of his teammates. For me, that's explanation enough.

As for the book, his not finding a publisher is actually fairly accurate. From what I gather from what has been shown, he's an amateur author who wrote a history book. I don't know the style that he wrote in, but a publisher might be unwilling to take a risk on something like that. In contrast, Langston wrote a book that looked like a crime/medical drama. That's an easy sell as an airport novel. A publisher probably felt that Greg's book would have a harder time reaching an audience.

Finally, about Greg's family. I find the idea that there has been no family visits from him or relatives to be hard to swallow. These characters probably do a lot more in the days, weeks, and months when we don't see them in episodes. They get days off, sick leave, vacation time, etc. I'm positive family visits have occurred at some point throughout the seasons. Just because they haven't happened for us to see doesn't mean they don't exist.

And that's all I have to say about that. :)

Ditto to all the above. I have no problem with him carrying a gun now for those reasons, it would have been nice for the reasoning to have been addressed in passing on the show, though.

As for the book, they've moved on from it, it would have been good to see it published back when he first wrote it but it doesn't bother me to not have it mentioned anymore.

Agreed. It's actually good for Greg and his family that we haven't seen them - it means they haven't been in danger. :)

Yeah but Greg was in danger/hospital twice and we never saw anyone. Now we got to see Nick's parents. I understand that we can assume he has had family visit but that is all off screen. I would just like to see something onscreen is all I am saying since we will get to see others' family this year by the sounds of it.

Alright, my two cents:

Totally agree. I would actually love to see Papa Olaf in one of the shows, but at the same time it would kind of ruin his mysteriousness. I think it's great that such an influential yet enigmatic character has been regularly included in the show without ever being seen, and that he's attached to Greg. It keeps them both interesting! :)

Last edited:
Yeah but Greg was in danger/hospital twice and we never saw anyone. Now we got to see Nick's parents. I understand that we can assume he has had family visit but that is all off screen. I would just like to see something onscreen is all I am saying since we will get to see others' family this year by the sounds of it.

Oh I agree that I would love to see them and there have been opportunities to do so, but I don't think the fact that we haven't seen them means they haven't visited.

Yeah but Greg was in danger/hospital twice and we never saw anyone.

Sorry, but I have to interject here :), when Greg was beaten up in 'Fannysmackin', he was the one that didn't want his parents to know about it.

However, Grissom was there and showed Greg compassion, that should make you happy because Grissom never did that for Nick.

Grissom shown compassion to Greg after that attack several times, with Nick it was 'so it's over'.

So Grissom was very much a 'father' to Greg where he wasn't with Nick, so you see you do get see Greg's 'family'. ;)

Sorry, but I have to interject here :), when Greg was beaten up in 'Fannysmackin', he was the one that didn't want his parents to know about it.

I'm sure his parents and maybe some of his other relatives came to the hospital evenually

However, Grissom was there and showed Greg compassion, that should make you happy because Grissom never did that for Nick.

Grissom shown compassion to Greg after that attack several times, with Nick it was 'so it's over'.

So Grissom was very much a 'father' to Greg where he wasn't with Nick, so you see you do get see Greg's 'family'. ;)
We're talking about blood relatives ;) not work family

Grissom came around to Nick a little more at the end, he called Nick his "best student" Grissom and Nick were father/son just father and his least favorite son but at least they had some sort of relationship, Ray and Greg didn't have any type of relationship

I don't know if he mentioned his dad except that one time when they were looking for Cassie, he mentioned his dad used to take him out on a boat or something. I kind of get the feeling that maybe he and his dad had a falling out, either that or his dad has passed on.

I would love to meet Papa Olaf, but at this point, I'd settle for just seeing Greg on the phone with a relative or emailing/IMing them on the computer LOL. I'm not picky lol.

I'm sure his parents and maybe some of his other relatives came to the hospital evenually

We're talking about blood relatives ;) not work family

Oh, I know, just trying to help make you all feel better. :D

I don't know if he mentioned his dad except that one time when they were looking for Cassie, he mentioned his dad used to take him out on a boat or something. I kind of get the feeling that maybe he and his dad had a falling out, either that or his dad has passed on.

I would love to meet Papa Olaf, but at this point, I'd settle for just seeing Greg on the phone with a relative or emailing/IMing them on the computer LOL. I'm not picky lol.
Yeah I always have got the feeling that they had a falling out too, Greg and his dad.

Hopefully we get a Papa Olaf mention this season too. We had one last year and the year before.

And when it comes to Grissom and Nick, I still feel he treated him well, it was more of a tough love type relationship. I always got the feeling Grissom still cared a lot about him though. But enough about Nick, this is the Greg thread. :p

Yes and Ray and Greg never had a close relationship, one reason I am glad he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back