Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Was it something I said? :lol:

Will be watching Inside the Box tomorrow, must cap the episode so it's a good excuse :D Play with Fire...there's a hard one to watch! I feel so badly for Greg, in the hospital when he says he's pretty tired. I just want to yank Warrick and Catherine out of there to let him sleep!

Anyway, I'll have a busy couple of weeks ahead but will always make time for the Gregisodes!!

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I still personally think they did not have enough of Greg in Play With Fire after the explosion. And his recovery in the next episode was far too quick, but then again so was it in season 7 after Fannysmackin'. I mean both of these events took place with episodes will left in the season (not like Nick in GD and this last season). I mean in one episode he is bedridden and in the next he just has a few bandaids and/or bruises on his face and that is about it. Both were pretty major in what happened to him. Heck Sara had an injured arm for a few episodes at least after her whole ordeal. I think that at least with Fannysmackin' the next couple of episodes should have carried through with his bruises. And wasn't his one hand all bandaged, broken looking in the hospital but yet all was well with that in Double Cross.

Okay I probably should have said all that when it came to those eps, but I just felt with the season 3 eps it was almost the same.

3. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

I can sort of understand why there was so little of Gregs recovery after Play with fire. Even though Eric had become regular in season 3, I think the writers might have still considered him more of a reccuring character than a main one. They propably thought that people would be more interested about the Catherine drama and that whole thing with Grissoms hearing than about how Greg was doing.

On a compleatly another subject, I was in a Green Day's concert tuesday evening and I actually saw a guy there that looked just like Eric. He was a lot shorter than Eric, but other than that, they could well have been brothers. I had to restrain myself for not staring that guy all the time:lol:. The concert was so awesome I pretty soon forgot him, but *sigh* it was fun to imagine for a while I could actually run into Eric someday. Yeah, half the americans haven't propably even hear about Finland, let alone know where it is, but there's still a chance Eric might come here, right? Right? :lol:

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

On the recovery bit, we should probably realize that the passage of time isn't exactly clear with CSI. Some episodes (mainly two-parters, but there have been others) which air over the course of two weeks our time only take place on one night their time. And the episodes themselves appear to only happen in one night, or one day and night, but they could take place over the course of several days or a week. So basically, even though "Inside the Box" and "Double Cross" immediately follow "Play with Fire" and "Fannysmackin'", the actual time between the cases may be longer.

I guess it all depends on how well you can suspend your disbelief.

5. egeria

You have a point Dizzney, about Fannysmackin'. If he was still bruised in the next episode you think his hand would still be banged up, whatever it was that was wrong with it.

And I also think Greg should have been in Play with Fire more than he was! And I'm also wondering...did he do his own stunt in that one?

6. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

I agree egeria. At least we could have seen another scene with his parents in the hospital in Play with Fire. Maybe Greg didn't want his overprotective mum to learn about it? What about his dad? I know Cath is the only CSI member who has a detaily family background but as a Greg fan it would be nice to see a little scene with his mysterious family. At least he told about them in Fannysmackin. :p

So Greg always wanted to work in the field and here is an exploding excuse for him to escape from the lab. Hmm Escape From The Lab! It could be good movie title if somebody decides to make a Greg movie :lol: Whatever.
    Yep his lab exploded.But it seems his hair had exploded before the lab.:guffaw: Man i love his hair like that! Anyway the exit scene with the heart-beat gup gup...gup gup.. was so cool. Grissom is with him and the lab rats,even Hodges seem worried. When i first saw Play with Fire , i remember i had tried to watch damn what happened to him?where is he? questions flying in my mind till watching the scene with Cath and Warrick in the hospital. So he was alive. It was Cath's fault.I am glad she wanted to explain everything to him herself. Cath's look was full of love.

The hand shaking scene with Griss in Inside the Box was also touching. It was a short but effective moment. I am glad they didn't make the scene teary more than necessary. Actually it is a great option for Greg angst.I guess i read a few great fanfiction about it. If Cath knew it she would feel worse for example.
    We also see Cath trusts him alot in After the Show.: ''You know what ‘off the record’ means?'' Cool. Then she ignores Sara and Nick and wants Greg's help in the case. I was glad when Greg questioned if Cath wants him for just he covered up her about Sam Braun. Our Greg is so direct. Another reason to like the character . And as i like to see him working with Griss, i also like to see him working with Cath. The chemisrty is nice. Griss and Cath took his parent's role here. Sort of...

7. Dizzney

I am pretty sure I remember reading something that he did not do the stunt on that. I think I remember reading that he and Jorja stood off to the side to watch the guy do the through the window thing.

So far I've only rewatched the season 3 eps. Have not got to After the show yet, this week. So on Play With Fire the first time we see Greg is when he tells Grissom "I'm going to rock your world". I always thought that was sort of funny that he said that to Grissom, of course it was about the evidence he found linking to Jason Kent. But it goes to show he very often was responsible for linking the key piece of evidence to find their suspects. Then next we see Grissom coming to him asking about the nail clippers and reeducating Greg on the order of evidence. But very shortly after that we see our poor Greggo sensing something wrong before he gets blown through the lab window. :( I always did like how they showed him on the stretcher sort of peeking his eyes open and seeing the lab damage. I bet he could only imagine what damage happened to him. Grissom looking all concerned and yes, even Hodges looked concerned for him. But that was sort of before they really had their rivalry started. :lol: The scenes in the hospital were done well, I just wish we could have at some point seen everyone (well at least Grissom, Nick and Sara) visit him.

I did hate how they focused so much on Sara and how the explosion affected her more so than Greg who got it much worse but then again he still was not really a main character at that time.

Now for Inside the box he was not in very much and that sort of disappointed me. At first we see him as Catherine approaches him asking if he knows what "Off the record means". He says yes and then that scene is over. The next and only other scene he is in is when Grissom comes in and he clearly has his hands shaking. He's trying to act all calm like nothing is wrong but then when Grissom brings it up and gives him that knowing look (almost like a father would) he confesses that it has been going on since the explosion. I felt so badly for him at that moment. I just wanted to give the poor boy a hug. :) And of course he tries to crack a joke as a defense of how he is really dealing with it, typical Greg, trying to act all brave. But at least Grissom tells him he will be there for him if he needs anything. Then once he is gone, you can clearly see the frustration Greg has that his hands keep shaking when he makes fists and that look on his face. Yes, this was one of the first times we really got to see angst from Greg and I think it did inspire many angst fanfics after that because we could all see now how he would be.

I think it was very cool for the writers to finally show us another side of Greg in having this happen to him. Yes, it was tough to see, but it deepens the character for you to see him have to go through something like that. Just as with Fannysmakin' gave us even more insight into Greg.

8. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Hey guys *waves* it's been ages since I've been on Talk, ,like over a year. I've lurked, but not logged in or posted anything. Greggo/Eric has brought me out of hiding. I'm not sure how many of you have a facebook page, but I do and I have Anthony Zuiker as a friend. The other day he posted that he was back to work at CSI. A lot of peeps posted to him that they were upset about Wendy leaving. I took it upon myself to represent for our Greggo and I posted we needed more Greg. Happily, some other peeps followed. You guys have talked about writing to TPTB to let them know we want more Greg this season. Well, I think this is another way to let at least Anthony know our feelings. I'm not sure if I can post his FB page here, so I won't. But I have my FB link in my personal info and you can find his FB on my friends list. Or you could PM me on here and I'd happily give you his link.

Also, l I can't believe there hasn't been any new pics of Eric anywhere...wth. Is the man living under a rock? Not even Coachella pics!!!! I've searched and found nodda. I'll be really happy when the new season starts just to get a recent look at him.

I also agree with you guys about being upset how they seem to dumb Greg up. I hated the fact that he failed his test the first time and that Hodges was there to see it. Greg is suppose to be extremely smart, but they have him looking dumb compared to others. I know a lot of book smart people have no common sense, maybe that's what they are trying to show here, but I don't like it.

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Anthony Zuiker back to work at CSI?I think he left to create some other shows for CBS.

Hopefully we'll have more Gref next season!

10. Dizzney

Well last summer we got really lucky since he went to that TV festival and we got a ton of photos of him. Usually though we hardly hear/see him in the summer unless it is closer to when they start filming again. I think the most recent pic we had of him was from the CSI wrap party that we saw him with the glasses on.

11. Dizzney

Hmm, not many participated in the episode discussion this time around. Anyway, I watched "After the Show" again the other night. One of the reasons I like Catherine is at least she also gave him a chance to do some field work and on a big case like they had.
    This episode was also one of the reasons I tend to dislike Sara. Nick was mad but at least he was still overall supportive that Greg was getting some experience in the field. Sara was all witchy about it and acting like Greg was totally incompetent to do the stuff to assist Catherine. I'm glad he showed his stuff by tracking down what the item was that the guy purchased which was a shovel. It helped them pin point down details on the case. I also liked that once again Nick was sort of teaching him what to do when they were out in the dessert with the girl's body. Sara never really assisted Greg until 5th season when she was teamed and more so almost forced to help him out.

Interestingly enough, there has been a lot of Greg talk on the spoiler board. People all saying things we've been saying for ages, we need more character development in Greg. He tends to be more boring (well not to me) to some people due to the fact that we really know overall little about him personally. We actually know more about Hodges (I feel) than even Greg. I really hope there are writer's who read the board here and see what went on in that thread and get a freaking clue. :lol:

12. egeria

Hey guys, I've been quite busy lately and will be as well for the next two weeks.

After 10 longs years living in Ireland, I finally have family coming to see me!!! My brother and his wife are coming next week so I'm busy getting ready for that, and then next week I won't be online while they are here.

As for the Gregisodes, I agree with Dizzney, I think it was great that Catherine gave Greg a chance to work on the case with her. That she had confidence in his abilities, and it's obvious she trusts him. That's also why I wish they had shown more about the 'fight' in Family Affair. How did they work out their issues?

Anyway, I don't read the spoiler thread but wow...I'm glad that other people feel the same about Greg as we do!

On that note, I've written to Anthony Zuiker about getting a Gregisode. No reply but I'm not really expecting one. Still need to send out a few more letters, which I had better do soon as they are already writing Season 11!!

13. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Hey all, yep... like alot of people, there's been work and life doing its rounds of too-much-things-to-do-too-little-time. But to step out of topic a little, has anyone seen the Greg Sanders Facebook?

It's not bad, very well kept and updated. If it's by CBS then I applaud them for taking the initiative, but if it's by a fan then CBS should be thanking said fan for all the activity.

14. Dizzney

Yeah I really hope that they give him at least one episode where he is the focus next season. One will make me happy bcz it is better than none. :lol:

Okay and this week's eps to watch are:
    June 17th Gregisode: Viva Las Vegas (Season 5) - Greg's proficiency test
    Greg scene: Down the Drain (Season 5) - Greg's first autopsy
    Greg scene: Swap Meet (Season 5) - funtain' water..."It's how my people spell it"

I am a bit bummed we only picked one ep from season 4. There were a few I liked him in but I guess since Season 5 had so many it was hard.

15. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

When I tried to check it, I end up to a page saying that the link isn't working or the addres is wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.