Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree with PC (Hope you do not mind me shortening your name). They have simply matured, especially Greg since the early seasons. There were many instances this season where they worked together and got along perfectly fine. Plus they are more on equal ground now than way back when. Greg was a lab rat and Nick got to tease him due to that. Now they are both CSI level 3's and in the Season 10 opener, Greg just simply expressed at being frustrated for not really being treated like he was a level 3 but he got over it. (Too soon I still say. I would have loved to have seen him pissed off a bit longer. :lol:) But as for him and Nick they worked a lot together this season and had no problems between them.

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

:lol: No worries. People do it all the time. The most common two are PC and Praetor. I actually prefer PC. That way I can say "Hi, I'm a PC".

3. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

You're right. Maybe I've been reading too much fanfiction ;P

P.S. is it weird that I'm getting a crush on Dizzney because of his/her avatar? Haha...

4. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I agree with PC and Dizzney. I think Greg works well with everyone on the team. Even though he enjoys moments on his own too, as he said to Ray. Despite the 'blow up' in Family Affair (and I agree with Dizzney, I wish they had used that more!) I think this season has been a good overall 'team' show.

A.F.L...too much fanfiction?! Never!! :lol: PS...It's not weird! (not quite normal, but not weird either :lol:)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  5. Dizzney

Okay so as a reminder for myself and others, these are the eps for this week, I guess. (Taken from egeria's wonderful website)
    June 3rd Gregisode: Precious Metal (Season 3) - Greg in the field, admits he wants to be a CSI
    Greg scene: Abra Cadavar (Season 3) - Greg becomes 'Swami' who sees all and knows all!
    Greg scene: Slaves of Las Vegas (Season 2) – The sharpies!!

6. egeria

Awww tomorrow I'm working late so probably won't watch an episode until Friday. Ah well, something to look forward to!! :lol:

7. ILoveCSIMuchly

ILoveCSIMuchly Victim

Hey im new to talk CSI, well i joined last September and kinda forgot i did >_> you've probaly already discussed this, but i think Greg needs more airtime its not fair that we only see him for like 10 minutes an episode when he has been on CSI from the first season. I dont think its fair that Langston joined this series and kind of gets in most scenes. They kinda shoved him in our faces and took away our other CSI's Greg mainly D: i think there needs to be more Greg and Nick moments because there great friends and both really cute :) i loved back in like series 3 when they would mess around and chat. I also miss Hodges and Gregs little war of words there needs to be more :)

8. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Welcome to the club, ILoveCSIMuchly. :lol:
    We here have been dying for that for many seasons. Enjoy your stay and participate in our Gregathon, it's fun.

9. Dizzney

Welcome ILoveCSIMuchly! That's a long name. :lol:

Okay now to start the discussion on the eps for this week.
    First: Slaves of Las Vegas (Season 2)- We have some classic Greg moments in this one. First it is the scene with him telling Nick about the Liquid Latex and it's uses and leaving you guessing if he ever used it or not. I still think he has. ;) Then of course the scene with Grissom and Catherine. Him getting a bit excited about the whole S&M thing and Grissom's knowledge of it. Then the classic sharpies in the nose bit. Ahh only our Greg would ever have done that. :lol:

Then another classic scene in Abra Cadavar (Season 3). The Swami scene aka as a homage to Carnac the Magnificent. I still love the look on his face when he realizes Grissom is behind him. And I love that Grissom does not really say anything to him. Again it is a moment where I just think Greg has simply amused and entertained Grissom. :lol: Then his busted look on his face as Sara starts smirking at him. So adorable and sexy at the same time. :drool:

The main episode for the week is Precious Metal (Season 3). Greg gets to go sort of work undercover in a way, you could say. He got to act like he was interested in selling his coin only to find out if this guy was possibly the killer. His first scene with Grissom and telling him about his coin collecting was a nice little insight into his character, although we've never heard that mentioned again since that episode. I think it is funny how they combined Greg's likes with some of Eric's actual likes when Grissom is listing off what he was into. Really goes to show the character was really sort of modeled after Eric in some aspects.
    Of course we saw Greg's excitement about being part of group to bust the killer. But then back in the lab he was reduced to his results on the DNA test proving who the killer was. Granted he prefers the excitement of being out there able to bust the bad guys, but he tended to forget that without half of the DNA results he had given, most of those bad guys would have never been put away. Granted sitting in a lab all day and running tests on machines is not exciting but it was still very important work.

Of course, overall I do prefer Greg out in the field simply because we get to see a more serious side of him. But I would not mind seeing him doing some DNA work still as that was his core job at one time. Not A/V work... :lol:

One thing that I always notice about the first two seasons of CSI, even some of season 3, Greg did more than just DNA. He also did Toxicology and sometimes Trace. He really was a lab tech of all trades. I think the writer's forget sometimes he did all that and really he has that knowledge. Sometimes I feel like they have dummed him down for the benefit of the other lab rats now, but back in the beginning he did half their jobs. He should know about a lot of that stuff without them having to tell him what the results meant. I know overall they do it for us, the viewers, knowledge, but I wish they would say it again. I remember Nick always calling him Einstein. We don't hear that anymore. :( I sort of miss it.

10. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

I saw the episodes and here i am. Btw, welcome to ILoveCSIMuchly, i like your name :hugegrin:

About the scenes in Abra Cadavar and Slaves of Las Vegas ...
    The Liquid Latex scene with Nick reminded me of the blue pills scene in the last season:guffaw:I can't remember the episode title.

I love to see Griss and Greg together.Greg is acting like a hyperactive child and Grissom acts like everything is normal and talks seriously. :lol:

Then we see Grissom's knowledge about Greg in Precious Metal: ''Surf,scuba diving,fashion models, Mariyln Manson,coin collection...'' It seems Grissom finds him very interesting and he sees a high potential in Greg. I love the end scene when Grissom asked ''where is your enthusiasim, Greg?''
    In the end Grissom takes off his glasses and looks at Greg like he saw a different face of him. It's precious (but not metal! Yes i agree it is a bad joke.:guffaw:whatever)

So after Chasing the Bus, we see again how Greg wants to be out in the field.

:shifty: I feel the same. It seems now Hodges took that Einstein role as a lab rat.

11. Dizzney

Yeah I think when Greg said that it was not about the money, it intrigued Grissom to know that this kid really wanted to try something different and that he had the potential to succeed since he was not money driven, he was career driven.

Yeah Hodges in the lab and Ray (grumbles) in the field as the Einsteins. :(

12. egeria

Welcome to leggo Muchly!

Just watched Precious Metal, and wow do I ever love Greg in this episode! I love how he took initiative, and approached Grissom with the sulpher and got into a conversation about coins. I love how he acted in the coin shop, and talking to the coin dealer was hilarous! And it impressed me how he knew as much about the guy's speaker system as he did about the coins! :lol: I love how he got that dreamy, far-away look at the end. :adore:

Dizzney, I think you're right. Greg seems to have lost sight of just how important his work is to the team, but it's no wonder he dreamed of making the move to being a CSI. And I agree, I'd like to see him doing more active things in the lab, not sitting staring at a screen! I don't think I'd ever want to make a choice...which Greg I like more...Lab Rat Greg or CSI Greg. I love 'em both!!

Gremine, that got my attention as well, how Grissom knows Greg so well. In fact, to me it seems like Grissom actually admires Greg for his wide range of hobbies, and knowledge. And the fact that Grissom could read Greg well enough to know he was disappointed sitting there in the lab, I wonder if Grissom sees a little something of himself in Greg? The curiosity to know more, to learn more, to keep the mind sharp and active. Not that the other CSI's don't have that, but Greg as a lab rat, shows more traits of a CSI.

I absolutely adore this episode for Greg's admission that it isn't about the money. I find Greg's journey from lab rat, to CSI in training, to CSI and on to Level 3...well, it's inspiring. I'm stuck here in a job I'm very good at but which I don't enjoy, and dreaming of a job that would take me places. When it seems utterly impossible and I start to question what I'm doing, I just look at Greg and I don't feel so down. And it doesn't matter one whit that he's a fictional character!! He's inspired me and that's what matters. It wasn't overnight, and it wasn't easy, but Greg made it and this episode is a big big part of the story.

I'll watch the other two episodes this weekend. :D

13. Dizzney

I know I could never pick between Lab Rat Greg and CSI Greg either. I mean he is the same guy, he has just matured in so many ways since then but I still think he would be great in the lab just as much as out in the field.

I've always thought that of all the CSI's, Greg was the most like Grissom and I think that is why Grissom always admired him in a way. I really do think he saw a bit of himself in Greg, although Greg is not subdued like Grissom and that is a huge difference. I've always thought that Greg would actually be a better leader than Grissom when it came down to it. I think Greg can deal with people better than Grissom can. Coming to Mia's and Wendy's defense a few times with their DNA results and him being able to face Mrs. James like he did, it shows he is not afraid of confrontation overall, which Grissom somewhat was.

Well I will say Greg's had better luck than I have in trying to move up the career ladder. But then he probably would kick ass in an interview, which is where I tend to flounder. :rolleyes: But yeah, his character is a good role model all the way around I think. I know Eric has said he likes knowing that because of what he is on CSI, he has inspired kids to get into the science field and do a similar job. I know from being able to help train new employees in my department, it is good to feel like you are making a difference in someone else's life.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

first off welcome to the Greggo thread ILoveCSIMuchly.

I like the episodes we've been picking, for the story arc of Greg wanting to be in the field. From Chasing the bus to undercover work in Precious metal. This seems like the only story line that CSI did for Greg that actually went somewhere logical. Gerg has become a seasoned CSI and all because of his past enthusiasm for the job and wanting to evolve and learn new things.

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Hey, ILoveCSIMuchly! Welcome! We have cookies!

I agree with Wojo about the episode selection. I don't know if this was planned or not, but the 'from lab rat to field mouse' story arc being presented is great!

"Precious Metal" has always been one of my favorite Season 3 episodes. As mentioned by others previously, the part where Grissom talks with Greg about field work is one of the best moments. Ever. When he 'sees' Greg for the first time, it's almost like we're seeing him for the first time. What he presented in this episode was that he could be more than the hyper, goofy, fun-loving lab rat that we knew. Great stuff.

As for the other hyper, goofy, fun-loving lab rat episode bits - they're great! :lol: His knowledge of fetishes indeed makes you wonder whether or not he's dabbled in that scene. And the swami bit is just hilarious. Sara's 'just go with it' attitude is great. Greg was the only one who could really get her to smile. And Grissom's nonchalance about the whole thing was awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.