Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

2. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

The link is not working for me either but thanks anyway for the info.

I will come later after watching this week's Gregisdoes. Btw, i should say that i know season 5 was great for Greg but i admit i never liked his season 5 hair. Yeah exactly!:angel:

3. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Hi Gremine, I suspect you may need to log into Facebook first before being able to see the page. Hope that helps.

4. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

:D Good point and i don't have a facebook account. Actually i had one but forget that i had. Seriously.Don't even remember my password. Anyway i will find a way to fix it, thanks.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah the link worked for me, but I have an account so that is probably why.

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Same here. Is a cute page and a cute idea.

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I've finished watching the episodes for this week. So here goes...

"Viva Las Vegas" has always been one of my top ten favorite episodes. It's also my favorite season openers (though "Family Affair" came close to surpassing it). I just love how each CSI gets their own moment to shine in it. But since this is the Greg Event, I'll focus on the main man. One of the aspects of this episode that I loved is seeing Greg's interaction with Chandra Moore. When he stops to talk to Sara, you can see Chandra get all impatient and annoyed. I laughed at that. And when he puts his arm around her shoulder - you can see her get uncomfortable with the physical interaction. Greggo, making new 'friends' wherever he goes. :lol: But what really stood out was the declaration when Chandra quit of how she can't live up to the standard he set. Greg must have been really good in the Lab. Makes you wonder how the others stood up to the Sanders' legend.

On to Greg's mistake. I know many have debated whether or not this incident was an example of "dumbing" him down. Honestly, I don't know. With the scene being a night club and the action taking place in the main hall, could it be reasonable that Greg might have assumed that the bathrooms were clear? I'm not saying one thing or another. It obviously was a mistake on his part - but was it an honest mistake that anyone could have made? After all, Langston screwed up on his first night by destroying a fingerprint with too much powder. Is it possible that Nick, Warrick or Sara could have done something similar on their first times out?

Now to the autopsy scene in "Down The Drain". Great stuff. I was happy that they didn't have Greg get sick. The fact that he could distance himself from it and see the body the way Doc does - as mechanical parts - was outstanding. Not sure if I could have done that. Of course, the scene after with Sara was hilarious. Those two were always the best together.

And "Swap Meet". So many awesome scenes. Greg's smirk when he see the dishwasher filled with... toys. His interaction with Mia over the condoms. And of course, 'funtain' water. Did Hodges by the "that's how my people spell it" line? I sure didn't. :lol: Another awesome episode.

This week had some great picks.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Okay, well I've watched the episodes. "Viva Las Vegas", I kind of watched this in a new light this time around. I was thinking that maybe Grissom was giving Greg his final proficiency too soon. I mean in the next episode he has his first Autopsy. Why did he not have one of those before Grissom gave his final? Also in a few other episodes before WSS, Greg was still being taught things that I would have thought Grissom would have made sure he was aware of before testing him. 'Mea Culpa' and 'No Humans Involved', he learned new things like how to get the serial numbers off the gun and how he had to actually cut out the plastic piece that contained the fingerprint from the box the boy died in, that just having a copy of the print was not enough. After taking some of this into consideration, I think Grissom tested Greg too early and that is perhaps why he gave him another chance. I think he realized there was a lot still he had not really been trained on and he should not make Greg lose his dream at being a CSI because of neglecting some of the training things.

Now just for the episodes themselves, VLV was a good show of Greg and what he had learned but also still had to learn. One of my favorite and yet most maddening scenes is the one where Grissom scolds him on using the bathroom before clearing it. What makes it a fave is how Hodges sort of deflects away from Greg's mistake by telling Greg how he thinks about Chandra. :lol: I loved Greg's eye roll. Only Hodges. :lol:
    I thought Eric was great with his whole reaction in Grissom's office at the end. You could tell Greg knew he had messed up and was waiting for that ball to drop. I liked how he did not try to defend himself or anything. He knew he did wrong and just simply took it when Grissom told him he failed. I think that is another reason why Griss gave him a second chance. He knew Greg really wanted this and yet he was acting so mature about taking the bad news. I do not think he could take seeing Greg all depressed if he knew he would not have another chance. And then Greg's reaction was surprised but not overly stated. His simple double thank you to Griss, but I think everything about his posture on the way out of the office told how thankful he really was. As he was walking down the hallway, you could almost see the wheels in his head thinking "I have another chance, I cannot screw this up." But then Chandra puts a bit of a damper on things when she basically quits. He knew he would have to find another replacement before he could even try again to be out in the field. It did not help to find out that Warrick and Nick were betting on her not staying. :lol:

As for DTD, I loved all the Greg scenes in that episode. First the autopsy and his reactions were great. I was glad to see he did not get sick and he could push that aside to focus on things. You could see Grissom was enjoying watching him squirm a little but then was also proud when he realized Greg was able to deal with it pretty well. Then the scene with Sara when she told him "Way to go, tough guy." Cute scene between them. Season 5 was when I started to like Sara because she was finally treating Greg as more of an equal and really helped him out in techniques.
    And then the classic scene of Grissom making Greg give urine and stool samples. Just funny stuff. :lol:

Swap Meet was another overall fun storyline for Greg in a chance to work out in the field on a case with Grissom and Sara. The little smirks he kept giving during the embarassing type scenes were so cute. And the Hodges scene, I love those scenes between those two when they are sort of trying to impress each other or Hodges more so trying to make Greg look bad. I personally would love to see an episode where somehow Greg gets stuck working with Hodges. I think it would be hysterical between those two.

Okay, I have babbled enough now. :lol:

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I enjoyed VLA but what I didn't like about it (I have said this before) that they made Greg out to look like a bubbling idiot. I mean using the toilet at a crime scene (no way that ever would have happened, IMO he would have known better) and later he nearly tripped coming into a room.

But there was so much about the episode I liked as well. I loved how Grissom told him he failed only to give him another chance, that told me that Grissom had great respect for Greg and saw that he had potential. I think Grissom saw the future CSI in Greg and wanted him to succeed.

10. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Really sorry to interrupt, but I've just seen an article that seems to imply Eric's in Ireland for the opening of the CSI Experience there. Hopefully that means his contract's okay for season 11? Can't see that he'd get sent to promote something CSI-related if he wasn't going to be in it anymore... *crosses fingers*

11. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

I've never thought it from that point of view. I've alway felt bad for Greg in that episode because TPTB made him look like an idiot. But if was just because Greg hadn't supposedly been trained properly, it would make much more sense.

That's good news. I admit I was little bit nervous that they would decide to cut Greg off. And finally a new interview.:thumbsup: Nice to have something to look forward to.

12. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

CSI The Experience was here in Dublin last winter (Walter Langham was here to promote it) and now the show is in Galway (opened on the 14th). I'll pick up the magazine and see what it says and of course I'll scan the article for everyone :D Hope there's pictures!!!

ETA: I've seen advertisements on tv and on buses and stuff but nothing with Eric in them.

Will be watching the Gregisode eps later tonight or tomorrow :D

13. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Heyt great news! Eric is in action FINALLY! Viva Eric!

Also viva Viva Las Vegas! I love this episode. The king of the lab, the lab rat everyone wanted like Chandra said in the end , was ready to leave the lab totally? Obviously not, at least for the TPTB. I agree Dizzney , it was too soon for his final proficiency .Greg made a really stupid but funny :D mistake. He should have known better like Wojo said. On the other hand i think the story needed it. I mean everyone knows how he works great in the lab. Now he took a step to another world so it shouldn't have been too easy. Greg was so sad when he learned he had failed.Then Grissom gave him a second chance, he was happy again.And then Chandra left the lab, Greg was sad again. I love that Greg's sad-happy sad-happy mood.

About the other episodes... Yes, i was also glad for Greg didn't get sick in his first autopsy. The scene with Sara was so nice. He lost his virginity and didn't puke. Tough guy! And his prostate was fine! :guffaw: Grissom likes to torture him sometimes . What about Hodges? I can't say i like Hodges alot but i love the interaction between him and Greg. They were so funny here. We don't see them teasing alot lately.

Season 5 is a treasure for Greg fans. :drool:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  14. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Ooh thanks, egeria!

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That's great news, I agree he would not be promoting CSI if he was no longer a part of it. And thanks egeria - I can't wait to see the article and hopefully see some new photos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.