Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregisode: Precious Metal (Season 3) - Greg in the field, admits he wants to be a CSI
Greg scene: Abra Cadavar (Season 3) - Greg becomes 'Swami' who sees all and knows all!
Greg scene: Open for suggestion!! (Any Season 1 or 2 scenes you want?!)
For that Greg scene, how about Slaves of Las Vegas?

August 12th
Gregisode: A La Cart (Season 8) - Greg works the 'A' case with Nick and Grissom.
Greg scene: The Case of the Cross Dressing Carp (Season 8) - More on Old Vegas as Greg meets Lily Flynn and tells her about his book
Greg scene: Cockroaches (Season 8) - Greg again mentions his book on Old Vegas while also revealing vital information on Lou Gedda
As much as I love A la cart, I think that The Case of the cross dressing carp should be the main episode, because (acording to my memory) it's the first time after Fannysmackin' when we get to see the "old Greg", and see thats he's starting to put the beating behind him.

September 2nd:
Gregisode: Take My Life, Please! (Season 10) - Greg works another case with ties to Old Vegas
Greg scene: Lovers Lane (Season 10) - Bowling!!
Greg scene: Family Affair (Season 10) - Greg lets off some steam and tells Catherine how he really feels.
I agree with Dizzney, we should watch Appendicitement too.

July 1st
Gregisode: Spark of Life (Season 5) - Greg's most emotional case?
Greg scene: 4x4 (Season 5) - The shower scene :drool:
Greg scene: Iced (Season 5) - Exploding toilets!!

I suggest Iced as the main episode because overall Greg is in that episode a whole lot more. Overall these three episodes have a whole lot to discuss. Maybe this one should be broken down to two weeks.

Ok, I can try and do that. I put Spark of Life as the main episode because of the emotional impact it has on Greg. I'll see if I can re-jig it to cover two weeks.

How about Burn Out too, still can see a lot of how the beating and stuff affected him.
Perfect! I'll add that in and it rounds out the storyline.

I think we will probably have at least another week to cover and we have to do Appendicitement and perhaps Sin City Blue.
Ok, I can do that. I wasn't sure how long we'd have but another week or two seems likely right? I'm glad because I'd want to have Appendicitement on the list! Maybe Internal Combustion too for the joyride story?

Greg scene: Open for suggestion!! (Any Season 1 or 2 scenes you want?!)
For that Greg scene, how about Slaves of Las Vegas?

That's a good suggestion! Everyone ok with that?! I looove the sharpie scene! :lol:

August 12th
Gregisode: A La Cart (Season 8) - Greg works the 'A' case with Nick and Grissom.
Greg scene: The Case of the Cross Dressing Carp (Season 8) - More on Old Vegas as Greg meets Lily Flynn and tells her about his book
As much as I love A la cart, I think that The Case of the cross dressing carp should be the main episode, because (acording to my memory) it's the first time after Fannysmackin' when we get to see the "old Greg", and see thats he's starting to put the beating behind him.

I put A La Cart as the main episode as he's working the main case in that one, whereas in Case of the Carp he's working the B case. Either way we'll be watching them in the same week so we can comment on both.

I agree with Dizzney, we should watch Appendicitement too.

You got it!! I'll post an updated version of 'The Greg List' later today :D

And may I just say how awesome this is and I'm very much looking forward to a summer of watching some great Greg moments and talking about them with some great Greg fans!!

FYI - CBS is re-airing S10's Family Affair tonight. Since it is on the list I'd thought I'd pass this info along.

FYI - CBS is re-airing S10's Family Affair tonight. Since it is on the list I'd thought I'd pass this info along.

Crap! Awesome early Gregisode or awesome season opener with awesome bits of Greg. I can only handle so much awesomeness...:lol:

Well I am watching Family Affair and the Pilot ep and Table Stakes. Chasing the Bus will have to come later. I still think Greg was in Table Stakes a bit, more than just the dancing scene.

May 27th
Gregisode: Chasing the Bus (Season 2) - Greg's first field exposure
Greg scene: Table Stakes (Season 1) - The headdress scene!
Greg scene: Cats in the Cradle (Season 1) - Rockin' out in the lab :D

We have all week to watch and comment on these episodes, no pressure because we seriously want this to be seriously fun right? It's just to give us all something to talk about during the summer. And hey, if a good Greg ep was on telly over here I'd be watching that one too!! :lol:

I may not be in work again today and if so, I'll probably watch all three episodes! Sometimes it sucks being sick, but other times...:D

ETA: I've made some changes to our line up as suggested and turned our 'schedule' into a web page :D

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Bam! I had some spare time and i have seen it. Not sure how to start...
Ok i am starting... Ready steady go!

Man i love nostalgia ! The hair, the lab coat, the enthusiasm... It was fun but also sad to see how Greg was so energetic in the begining. He is dancing, smiling,joking... The scene in Cats in the Cradle is one of the most hilarious scenes in CSI i think. WP can't keep his face straight. First to see him dancing with the headdress and then to see him listening Marilyn Manson like that... interesting,sweet and myterious. That's why i like him in the begining!

And then bam! Chasing The Bus. Greg angst... I love how Nick, Sara and Grissom tried to support our guy while Greg was thinking he screwed up in his first time out in the field. Poor guy was really shivering out there. Eric was great i think, he was so natural. That's why i like Eric's acting. No matter he plays a happy Greg or sad Greg... He plays it so natural .

Man also i should add that i realized how much i miss Grissom and Warrick.Anyway i guess it's all for now. Bam!

Aww it's been so long since I watched an early episode like Chasing the Bus. I love Greg at the scene of the crash! He's so excited and eager (so eager he didn't think to bring a warmer coat!) but then takes a good long look around and you can see his eyes go wide and reality sets in.

I also admire Greg's honesty with Grissom when he was asked if he enjoyed his time in the field. Knowing what we know now, and seeing how Greg makes Level 3 in the future, it's really inspiring!

Considering the way the labrats talked about him, and how the CSI's were encouraging and supportive it's no wonder Greg wanted to make the jump from DNA to CSI!

I love Greg in this episode, thoughtful and eager and young and energetic! I think we got some of that back in Season 10, with Greg speaking out for himself and going bowling and sharing stories about Papa O. Gremine, you've a great point about Eric being so natural and he did say in an interview he brought a lot of himself to the role right? I do love that about him and his character!

So in addition to the webpage for our Marathon, I've made a signature banner that links to our 'schedule'. I'm home sick from work since yesterday so I've had plenty of time on my hands :lol:.

(As a side note, the lab tech who was dissing Greg is the actor who played Micky in one of my favourite comic book films, The Punisher. :D)

And here I thought we were watching the Pilot so I watched that too and did not watch Cats in the Cradle. Of course I have seen all of these episodes so many times I truly do not need to watch them again to talk about them. I know Greg scenes by heart. :lol:

So no one mentioned Table Stakes scenes yet. I think one thing I loved in that episode was he was so energetic and yet natural, like a young excited person being able to give good news. I'm referring to the scene when he runs in to where Nick and Sara are talking and he gives them about finding the link to a cold case in Texas about a dead cheerleader. That scene always cracks me up just as much as his dancing in the headdress. I think that was our first true classic Greg scene. I remember reading that Eric was embarrassed to do that scene and then even more so when they reminded him it would be seen by millions of people. Poor guy...he'll never live it down. :lol: But I think it is one of the many reasons we love him.

And in Cats in the Cradle he is just as wacky with the mask and glasses and jamming out to MM with test tubes as drum sticks. :lol: Another classic funny Greg scene. And I do remember seeing an outtake from that scene where when Eric was trying to take off the glove from his head it did not come off right and Billy did start cracking up. I bet they had to do a few retakes on that scene. :lol:

But then we get a glimpse into another side of Greg in Chasing the Bus. We get to see the energetic lab tech wanting to get his feet wet at a crime scene but then the reality of the situation sets in and suddenly he realizes it is not a place to have fun and games when there is death and blood all around you. I loved his innocence in this episode. But the curiosity was still there too. I always loved the scene with him coming to Grissom in the hallway with the results and how embarrassed and almost ashamed he seemed to be about messing up in the field. Then once he knew Grissom did not know or really seem to care that he did, he went back to admitting he did like being out there. And it was nice to see the CSI's standing up for him when his own fellow lab techs made fun of him. It gave him that courage to keep going out into the field as a possibility.

Nice banner and webpage, egeria. You're going all out for this!

And here I thought we were watching the Pilot so I watched that too and did not watch Cats in the Cradle. Of course I have seen all of these episodes so many times I truly do not need to watch them again to talk about them. I know Greg scenes by heart. :lol:

Same here! The Pilot isn't on the 'list' but that doesn't mean people can't watch it! :lol: I'm not hugely fond of Season One, but more on an aesthetic level as I find the cinematography and lighting to be..well..kinda harsh. But that's just me, and the cases and stories are certainly intriguing!

So no one mentioned Table Stakes scenes yet.

I'm watching that tomorrow. It'll be my reward for getting some housework done. My cat is being filmed on Sunday so I need the place spic and span!

And I do remember seeing an outtake from that scene where when Eric was trying to take off the glove from his head it did not come off right and Billy did start cracking up. I bet they had to do a few retakes on that scene. :lol:

I love the look on Catherine's face when he does that! Where did you find the outtakes? I'd love to see it!!

I agree with your thoughts on Chasing the Bus. Greg's innocence was touching, and helped me to see a crime scene in a whole new light. Like Greg said, it's one thing to see the stuff in the lab, quite another to see at the scene. I'm so proud of Greg for being inspired though! He could have easily hid from the reality by staying in the lab but no, he's out there now amidst the blood and body fluids and smells and grossness, following his heart. Like I said...inspiring stuff!!

Nice banner and webpage, egeria. You're going all out for this!

Thank you!! :D Well, being off work sick for two days has helped. Having all this time on my hands :lol: And hey, working with an image of Greg? My idea of a good time! Oooh I wonder if I can do a wallpaper?! :lol:

This is fun! I love the banner egeria!!

I love the old episodes from the past, Greg is so excited to be doing his job and I think that has returned in season 10 as well.

Its so cool to watch his first time in the field in Chasing the bus and how excited he was about being there until a does of reality set it. It was good.

I watched Family Affair too so I'll comment on that. It was nice seeing Greg get frustrated and stand up to Catherine. Not to mention Nick butting in and Greg saying "Who asked you". But he calmed down and did his job, knowing one dead body is as important as any other.

He's come a long way...baby

I'll go ahead and cover the episodes I watched: "Chasing the Bus" and "Family Affair".

"Chasing the Bus" has always been one of my favorite episodes. I really enjoyed watching Greg's first outing into the field. He's eagerness to be there and the actual reality of the scene is a joy to witness as it plays out in his actions and expressions. And despite a few minor hiccups, he managed to pull through thanks to the support of Nick and Sara. Those two are the best when paired with Greg. Seeing him here at the beginning is refreshing from the somewhat dour Greg of late (though I like that Greg too, maybe even more). It's nice to see how far he's come, considering the second episode I watched.

I agree that it's no wonder that Greg desired to leave the lab after seeing the way other techs talk about him. The only one who seemed to have his back in those days was Jacqui. And she herself was more of a peer to the CSIs than the other techs. It makes me wonder if Greg really did misunderstand the call for all hands on deck at the bus scene or if he purposely disregarded the logic that only trained investigators would be required. I'm going with the latter.

"Family Affair" was another great episode. I remember when it first aired the debates that waged in the episode discussion forum on if Greg was justified or not. I still maintain that all parties involved were right and wrong (except Ray, who acted respectfully toward Greg). Greg was frustrated and needed to vent. Should he have done so at a crime scene? Probably not. But what's done is done and I agree with his actions. The fact that he pulled himself together and revealed how much he understands his job was outstanding in regards to character development.

I wish they hadn't left this dangling plot thread hanging. This episode set up the potential for a great arc for both Greg and Catherine that could have seen a major catharsis for both. It's quite a shame that it was dropped, but hey... that's what fanfics are for! :)

Yeah I still think the writers really dropped the ball on that potential they had with Family Affair. I would have loved to have seen a scene between Greg and Catherine having a sit down to talk about his blow up on the scene and what's really behind it. It would have been nice to see Catherine tell Greg that he is an important part of the team and his input is very valuable.

Its a shame that Greg's story lines are always getting swept under the rug, like that book he wrote which disappeared. The only arc they kept (besides him becoming a CSI) was that ridicules civil suit in S7, they could have done so much more with the aftermath of his attack in FannySmackin -IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back