Eric/Greg Leggo Our Greggo Thread #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah and he was the one who actually wanted to become a CSI and he was not put out in the field as much as Hodges is now, who does NOT want to become a CSI. It is just really annoying.

And I agree, Greg was a lot funnier because his humor was not the sarcastic kind, which I like a bit but Hodges sometimes is a bit too much.

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

And again Hodges. It's awful that they have more ideas for him than for Greg. Next reason to shame. I don't mind Hodges like you Dizz but it's impossible to shake off the feeling that he's taking screentime from Greg. Btw, Greg is CSI and seeing Hodges doing CSI work is not a nice view for me. Cool that they want to develope Hodges but Greg is more important and many people want him to be on focus.

3. SheShotSherlock

SheShotSherlock Witness

i really started to miss those nicknames. maybe they stopped calling him greggo because of this whole 'greg grew up' thing in the last seasons.

and Dizzney I also think that greg was alot funnier than hodges, though his sarcasm is great, but he kind of replaced greg as to be the funny guy of the show, that annoys me.

4. Dizzney

Well I will wait out the rest of this season and see if the trend continues of Hodges getting almost more screentime in episodes than Greg does and stuff. If it does at the end of the season I will definitely write the writers and let them know my disappointment in them not using Greg properly and to his full potential. But like I said, we still have half a season left so things can still improve. **crossing fingers**

5. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

Why do I find the idea of him being Dr Sanders really hot?

"Oooh Doctor, I have a terrible pain at the top of my thigh..." ;)

Yes, I am back, I've only just caught up with the eps!!

*SO* angry that LF has got top billing. I don't give a toss how much acting he's done, he's the new boy, he's a level 1, he deserves to be at the back of the pecking order.

Carol M's gonna get a paving slab through her window...

Eric's looking damn hot these days though... loved the dinosaur moment and the moment on the roof. Hot, hilarious, professional, gorgeous smile, he makes me so happy.

As for Stokesy - HE ATE A FLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? How many diseases did that thing have?!

This may sound strange, but I actually feel personally hurt by that. We try to support him and he won't say a couple of words so his fans can hear what he has to say? I'm hurt, stupid though that may sound. We were all angry on his behalf cos we thought he'd been snubbed, turns out he was the one doing the snubbing.

Sorry if I've offended anyone but it's the way I feel.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Szmile, you have to remember that LF replaced Wp so he is now the lead actor on the show so he's going to get as much time on screen as WP did. His position as CSI 1 is irrelevant, he's still lead.

AS long as it doesn't mean seeing less of Eric I am fine with it because if WP was still there we'd be seeing him instead of LF (no difference IMO).

7. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

I'm surprised that I like his character, although there's no way he should have gone out in the field without basic CSI training - Greg had to go through it, had to pass proficiencies, so should Ray. Greg was a trained DNA tech, Ray's a trained doctor, neither of them were trained to go out into the field so they BOTH should have gone through the learning process. TPTB skipped that bit for Ray which was stupid.

Marg should be the lead. She's been there the longest, she's the supervisor. Riley replaced Warrick (in a sense) so she should have had Gary's billing, if I follow your logic correctly.

Eric is slowly (or so I thought) getting more lines, more times to be intelligent and to be funny, to show off what he can do, so maybe the last ep was just a blip? I think it's stupid that it's taken this long for the writers to use him a bit more but I think we're heading in the right direction.

Oh, and WHERE did Greg get that dinosaur from!? Has he had that in his locker all along?! I've never seen him as a dinosaur guy!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Actually, Riley was meant to replace Sara. They were going to replace Warrick with some guy from the XFiles, but decided not to.

That sweater on Greg... kind of preppy looking and Greg is anything but preppy. :lol:

As for the TV Guide thing, I don't believe them. If it was the first time he'd been snubbed by that zine, I'd say okay maybe he was busy and wasn't able to get back to them or didn't get the message... but this is the THIRD time at least that he's been snubbed by that zine... not always interviews but even mere mentions. When they reviewed For Warrick, they mentioned every other actor/character on the show but him. Sorry but, I will not believe tv guide until or unless I hear that that's the truth from Eric himself. Until that happens, I refuse to just take their word for it.

9. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

This week, I was watching the episode-new season, 2nd episode and I saw Greggo cry.

Seeing him cry, is just as bad as seeing him get beaten up.

I just wanted to hug him...

Glad very much that he is getting more airtime and his nickname has come back!

10. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

While I can totally see both of you guys' points, I have to say that I'd give both Eric Szmanda and TV Guide the benefit of the doubt on this one (though I wouldn't extend that to TV Guide for leaving Greg out of their 'For Warrick' review). Speaking from personal experience in journalism, getting in contact with a source is really, really hard. It's difficult enough to get basic expert sources (professors, gov't officials, etc.) to call back, let alone high-profile celebs, who are often quite busy and who don't exactly sit by their desks and answer their own calls 8 consistent hours a day. Then factor in that he easily could have been travelling and that the reporter would have to go through his agent. I don't find it surprising at all that they weren't able to get into contact with all of the CSI actors, though, as a Greg fan, I definitely wish ES wasn't the actor that was missed.

11. Dizzney

Well if you actually listened to Catherine when she was first talking to Ray in "The Grave Shift" episode, she mentioned that his training coordinator thought he was very thorough, so he was trained, we just never saw it. He probably went through straight training whereas Greg was doing double duty, training to be a CSI and still doing DNA.

I still think that Eric might have been out of town and that is why he was not able to be reached for comment for the TV Guide story. I do not think he would just flat turn them down. He does not seem that way.

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I think like you, Dizz. He could be really busy or something. Probably we'll never know what happened.

13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yeah that is true- we're just the viewers so we will not know the full story. Just dont take what you hear as validity fact.

There could be a number of reasons why he didnt comment. Maybe Eric cant. Contractual reasons etc. Who's to know.

Regarding training of new recruits, its tv land. CSI has always been more bouncy with the facts shall I say lol.

14. Dizzney

Well I definitely do not think it was contractual reasons for him responding. I still just think he was truly out of town or was never reached.

I still hope we get more Greg in the next episodes. This last one just disappointed me. I guess if this week was not a repeat I would not have cared so much, but now I have to wait to see more Eric, since it seems we will not get anymore videos from erockster. :(

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh!! So far, has there been good Greg moments then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.