Eric/Greg Leggo Our Greggo Thread #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm trying to not think something like that. That would be the most awful thing ever.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I know but sometimes it just seems they do not care too much about developing Greg's character much more than we know.

Side note: Deirdre, I met the Lani, the guy in your icon a couple of years ago. He was funny. :)

Don't blink too much or you might miss Greg's scenes this week. :( But we did get a Greggo out of it. :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

The worst is that we don't know why they don't want to develop Greg's character. Probably it's only a rhetorical question:(

Awww, I'm jealous! Lani is a great actor and sadly we can't see him anymore working for TV. Crais was his the best character. Always my favorite actors are nice and funny but they're playing the bad guys. I hope he's doing all the time something for stage:)

4. Dizzney

Well I hate that Greg is a Level 3 CSI and he is still doing menial work like looking at videos, which technically should be Archie's job. It's like they just find something for him to do when they have no real plans to use him. It sort of surprised me because Dustin Lee Abraham wrote this ep and he wrote the whole season 7 arch for Greg and yet he used him so little in this ep.

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

It's very disappointing what you said, Dizz. We really could want from Abraham something more than a few scenes with vid work for Greg. It's a shame. Btw, Greg is not an expert in this stuff. Archie should do it. Ehhh, I remember that from seventh season (or maybe even sixth) we saw that he was doing quite much with this stuff, sometimes with Archie. I don't want to be grumpy...

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Catherine called him Greggo! The nickname is back. Not much Greg in this ep but we have been so blessed this season I won't complain just yet, as long as seeing little of him does not become the norm.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  7. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Wow, seriously? I can't believe... It's so funny that we were talking about some subjects and then in ep they're going to be back. I hope it's not the last time when Greg is Greggo;) Just can't wait to see this ep.

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yes seriously! :lol: I was shocked. It is funny that whenever we bring something up that sometimes it ends up happening. So lets keep discussing more screen time!!

I posted a few caps on the pic thread...

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

More screentime for Greg, more screentime for Greg, more screentime for Greg! Our new mantra:lol:;)

But seriously :)lol:), it's a very good sign. It means that finally they've started to think about us, Greg's fans.

10. Dizzney

Okay more screentime for Greg!! Also one nice ep that really focuses on him dealing with a case, emotionally not involving him getting beat up for it. :lol:

Deirdre, you are killing me with the Farscape stuff. You are going to make me have to watch the few eps I have on dvd. :lol:

11. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I am in total agreement on the lack of Greg in the episode. I especially think that there were a few scenes that really should have gone to him. The one that struck me was where Riley was trying to figure out that coding thing. I don't mean any offense to Riley (I do actually really like her character so far), but I definitely think of Greg as more of the puzzle-solver type. With Grissom gone, he (and probably Ray) is the resident C.S.I. nerd (and I mean nerd in the best possible way, as a fellow nerd). He is clearly very, very bright (probably genius-level smart) and has a knack for science and, one would assume, math, puzzles and problem solving.

It was a cute sweater though. I found it very disappointing that the sweater was all we could see though ;(

12. Dizzney

I completely agree with you. In the past they always gave him the nicknames of Einstein and Genius and stuff like that because he is smart. Lately it seems they have forgot about how intelligent he really is supposed to be. I've always thought of him as a younger version of Grissom in his own right too.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Another scene that irritated me was when Brass, Riley, and Hodges raided the office. IMO it should have been Greg not Hodges, Hodges belongs in the lab and I am so sick of seeing him where he doesn't belong. (I'm sick of him period)

14. Dizzney

I agree with you on that one too. I was thinking the same thing. But then the very next scene was with Nick and Greg in the AV lab, so I was thinking while the raid was going on, those two were in the lab working. But Hodges has been doing WAY too much CSI work lately. I do not mind Hodges but when he gets more scenes and is places that Greg should be, I get ticked off.

15. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Dizzney, you summed it up perfectly. It's especially annoying because Hodges has, in large part, taken over Greg's role as the humorous lab rat (though, IMO, Greg made a better one), yet when Greg was a lab rat, he never got that much screentime, let alone to do the actual CSI work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.