Eric & Calleigh Thread #29: slkdjfhaslsjkdfhksajhkjhsdfomg!!!!!!!11 ♥!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric & Calleigh Thread #29: slkdjfhaslsjkdfhksajhkjhsdfomg!!!!!!!1

Thanks :), but I'm sorry to say I'm not. I took it for A level (uh, British equivalent of your SATS, I think) but Law is what my University Course shall be. (I start in October). Before I discovered ff.net, I actually hadn't written anything since I was about 11. Our literature courses are all to do with deconstructing texts, unless you take a creative writing module on the side.

Well, just so you know you are REALLY talented. :thumbsup: Schools here in the US aren't that much different. They do offer creative writing classes. I am a Theatre and Film major (Performance Concentration). I am going to take some of the writing classes offered in my department. This is actually my second degree. My first is in Sociology, not very useful but it did help me get the job that pays my bills.

I hope they don't recast, CSIM doesn't have continuity at the best of times. :rolleyes:

True, continuity can be a problem, but the lack of resolution will be a bigger one. They could have a mention of him and the end of the relationship, but that won't create the same angst as an actual rival for Calleigh's affections would.

Aloha

I think an interfering stetler could be great. Very angsty.

xox

P.S For my fellow brits (If there are any here). Did you watch Doctor who?

Stetler interfering would be a great source of conflict. Calleigh and Eric would have to either work on opposite shifts OR hide their entire relationship from everyone. Neither are very appealing options, so it will be interesting to see how it is handled.

Oh, what is Doctor Who??:confused:

My first is in Sociology, not very useful but it did help me get the job that pays my bills.

*Puts her philosophical hat on* No? I think Sociology is definitely useful! In things like Law and Writing, a lot of that stuff comes in handy... and that's kinda what they are.

True, continuity can be a problem, but the lack of resolution will be a bigger one. They could have a mention of him and the end of the relationship, but that won't create the same angst as an actual rival for Calleigh's affections would.

Jodie and I had a similar conversation about this a couple of days ago. Only we thought that perhaps Eric had been through enough angst wise and that it might be interesting to see Calleigh having to deal with some issues. Like say an old flame of Eric's. I'm no so keen on Natalia, but something angsty could be done on that front.

Oh, what is Doctor Who??:confused:

Think British farce and time travelling. You can probably find it on BBC America. It's like an awful guilty secret - only not so much secret - that we all love the Doctor.

Aloha,
Kazalene, Loving your Icon. And your story... HOT! HOT! HOT!

I hope I never have to lay eyes on Jake Jerkely again. He is such a ... (Are we allowed to say douchebag on this forum?)

I think an interfering stetler could be great. Very angsty.

xox

P.S For my fellow brits (If there are any here). Did you watch Doctor who?

I don't think 'douchebag' is an expletive, but lets cut the non-EC talk and the slagging off of other characters please. We have the ship debate thread for differing ship opinions, this thread's for EC only - lets stick on topic.

Jodie and I had a similar conversation about this a couple of days ago. Only we thought that perhaps Eric had been through enough angst wise and that it might be interesting to see Calleigh having to deal with some issues. Like say an old flame of Eric's. I'm no so keen on Natalia, but something angsty could be done on that front.

Lol, why don't I remember this? Were you talking at me again? :p

But yes, I like the idea. I need angst with this ship for some reason and even when they are together, I want that to continue. We know their relationship isn't going to be perfect - Calleigh's too stubborn and Eric's too... Eric. There will be arguments (which is good as EC arguing leads to angst, then hot make-up sex ;)) and fights.... and OH I can't wait :)

adorelo said:
But yes, I like the idea. I need angst with this ship for some reason and even when they are together, I want that to continue. We know their relationship isn't going to be perfect - Calleigh's too stubborn and Eric's too... Eric. There will be arguments (which is good as EC arguing leads to angst, then hot make-up sex ;)) and fights.... and OH I can't wait :)

What do you think they will be fighting about? I can see Eric being jealous and Cal being annoyed about it (well, at start, maybe she will be a bit flattered). I think Eric would have a very, very cute face if he saw a man flirting with Calleigh in front of him, but that way it would be Eric angsty again and we don't want that. I love Calleigh but she deserves a bit of love related angst. I don't like Natalia, but that is a potential plot, because we don't really know if Calleigh has ever found out about their fling... Then again, it would be OK to have some girl flirt with Eric, then Calleigh could be jealous and try to suppress it, Eric could see it and try to reassure her and tell her that he loves her... And then one thing would lead to another... I think there is a fic like then at ff.net (It's M rated:devil:).

Lol, why don't I remember this? Were you talking at me again? :p

*Glares at you* It was your idea actually. We were discussing where you should go with your project chapter and you suggested bringing in a second female to create some angsty jealousy. And then I mentioned how that was good 'cause it would break the norm of everyone usually making Eric go through the angst.

And to think, I adhered to your request in my update. *huffs* And I don't talk at you. *Glares again*

What do you think they will be fighting about? I can see Eric being jealous and Cal being annoyed about it (well, at start, maybe she will be a bit flattered). I think Eric would have a very, very cute face if he saw a man flirting with Calleigh in front of him, but that way it would be Eric angsty again and we don't want that. I love Calleigh but she deserves a bit of love related angst. I don't like Natalia, but that is a potential plot, because we don't really know if Calleigh has ever found out about their fling... Then again, it would be OK to have some girl flirt with Eric, then Calleigh could be jealous and try to suppress it, Eric could see it and try to reassure her and tell her that he loves her... And then one thing would lead to another... I think there is a fic like then at ff.net (It's M rated:devil:).

And look at that, we've returned to smut again :p.

But yeah, I like the gist of that idea. The risk of soap-opera handling is high there though.

Let me throw another question(s) out here.

EC: is there such a thing as too much angst for this couple? As in, do you think that there comes a point where it becomes silly? Or do you reckon that as long as we have an EC 'relationship' on screen, it doesn't matter?

I think at some point the angst factor turns the relationship into the "Days of Our Lives" of Crime Drama. That said, I still would like to see Calleigh suffering a little bit out of love for Eric. That poor man has had enough emotional upheaval to last a lifetime. Isn't it time for him to be the object of Calleigh's unrequited (or not) lust?

I think an old flame from Eric's past would do the trick nicely. Not Natalia since that would create friction and hurt the team, but someone from the distant past.

I'm just saying.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

And look at that, we've returned to smut again :p.

But yeah, I like the gist of that idea. The risk of soap-opera handling is high there though.

Let me throw another question(s) out here.

EC: is there such a thing as too much angst for this couple? As in, do you think that there comes a point where it becomes silly? Or do you reckon that as long as we have an EC 'relationship' on screen, it doesn't matter?

There is a risk, I know, but if they have a really interesting case and this is just something that really fits in the whole setting of the episode (maybe a suspect or a witness could be an old girlfriend of Eric's) it could be nicely handled.

I think there could be too much angst, but we are not even close to that, yet. There would be to much if Eric was the one to suffer again. The only angst I can't stand is the one that ultimately separates them. If they are together at the end, I can stand (and most of the time honestly enjoy) angst.

I had an idea for an E/C fic the other day, but since toilet roll made out of sandpaper is as good as i am at writing fic's, i'm gonna give the idea to someone else.

I can take the angst because I know deep, deep, deep down that its gonna be ok in the end. Right, guys?

I don't really like the idea, but if there is going to be more angst, its probably better if Calleigh's the jealous one. Cos' otherwise, it makes her look bad and hurts him. And if he pulled that brokenhearted expression one more time, i'd go over there and slap some sense into her myself.

And there's really no need to keep them apart any longer. I'm sure the writers can still come up with some angsty storylines with them IN a relationship.

xox

Okay is it just me or does Vancouver weather suck! It has been pouring down rain all week and then on Friday while I am at school we get a damn poweroutage thanks to the weather and we are stuck in class doing nothing! It sucked but we got to leave early so taht was cool....Though I was lookin forward to PE but oh well. Anyways who was happy with the staney cup final? YAY WINGS:drool: Anyways....I love all these updates and new fics! I wish I could write cuz I would so write a fic as I have a great idea for a story but I dont think I am very good at writing... :scream:

delko2calleigh said:
Anyways....I love all these updates and new fics! I wish I could write cuz I would so write a fic as I have a great idea for a story but I dont think I am very good at writing... :scream:

Well, you could always pass the idea or try to write it and then send it to someone who will correct the mistakes you make...

Marionette said:
I don't really like the idea, but if there is going to be more angst, its probably better if Calleigh's the jealous one. Cos' otherwise, it makes her look bad and hurts him. And if he pulled that brokenhearted expression one more time, i'd go over there and slap some sense into her myself.

I want jealous Cal, as well. Maybe we could go and slap some sense into her together.

well, Texas weather is crazy; in the morning it's sunny and in the 90s and then by the afternoon there's a thunderstorm with the temp on the 70s. So I was starting to write my first e/c fanfic and then I go downstairs to get some water only to find my mom using the computer. so much for wanting to post the first chapter for you guys, but I promise as soon as she gets off the computer I'll post it!

All this talk of jealous Calleigh has just inspired my EC Summer Challenge Fic.

Oooeerr.

I think it might work...

*runs*

I would love to see a jelouse Calleigh, and I think that she is also due for a breakdown. I mean how long can a person hold it in after going through so much like Calleigh did. TPTB should reference something about the kidnapping next season and Eric should be there with her.

Okay here's the first chapter of my first E/C fanfic. Hope you guys like it, especially since there are no new CSI: Miami episodes and E/Cness till September.
oh, and i'm looking for a beta, anyone interested? PM me! thanks

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4312286/1/So_Close_yet_So_Far

Last edited:

Carolina, I just read it, and it is good. Please update soon.

I hope that the writers will address the kidnapping. Calleigh would have some type of reaction to what happened to her. Too bad we can't get her therapy tapes with her thoughts on Eric...

Oh well, wishful thinking!

:cool:

Kazalene said:
All this talk of jealous Calleigh has just inspired my EC Summer Challenge Fic.

Oooeerr.

I think it might work...

*runs*

You writing about jealous Cal? I can't wait to read that. Are you going to post it soon? No rush, though, I know you have exams this week (I had English dictation today and got a 4 (that's like B) but my final mark is 5 (A) so it doesn't matter; I wrote a 'wiev' instead of 'view'... stupid mistakes...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back