Eric & Calleigh Thread #22 - Oooooooooooh! Hellooooooo!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I hope Donahue doesn't force us to keep our promises. Didn't I promise to build churches in her honour? Those were made during severe scene deprivation! That should make them null and void!

I'm not worried, I don't remember signing anything. :cool:

I vividly remember somebody promising her their first born though...

So, how quickly are we expecting Jake to get the heave-ho? As far as I'm concerned, I think it will be pretty soon. He's just the obligatory obstacle. Why else did they bring him back out of nowhere?

I really think it's going to be pretty quickly. I wouldn't surprise me if it happened in the season opener. Calleigh doesn't seem to think much is going to come of them. Truthfully, Jake isn't the real obstacle. It's Calleigh's issues. Either way, I don't want them to get rid of Jake and then it becomes all rosy in the garden for Eric and Calleigh.

I feel Calleigh might not even pursue a relationship with Jake at all. This may not even become a true love triangle. It feels like two separate matters to me. The only reason the subject of Jake was made an issue between them was because of Eric's jealousy at the park. It seemed like Calleigh was just using it as an example to justify her reasoning that she and Eric's relationship could progress no further. From her words, not only does she not seem all that bothered with Jake, but her feelings for him pale in comparision to those she harbors for Eric. It's not like she feels the same way about them and has a big choice to make.

In the grand scheme of things, I still feel Jake is a non-issue. He's just a distraction; a red herring if you will.

God, I ramble when I drink.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I agree Ali. The only thing truly standing in the way of Eric and Calleigh is Calleigh. She said as much last night when she told Eric that dating Jake would be different b/c he is in homocide and she and Eric day in and day out together.

I don't know how long Jake will last....I see it maybe being two or three eps in next season but not very long after that. But E/C might still not happen right after b/c Cal still has to get over her issues but I sooo believe we are going canon next season...it is just a matter of time!!

3. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Forget the kiss and the looks at the end for a second. I think it all goes back to the conversation earlier in the episode.

After all, Calleigh still doesn't know how she feels about Jake. For Calleigh, I think that's a pretty strong indicator about what she does feel or not feel for Jake. However, she trusts Eric with her life. It's obvious that she does know what she feels toward Eric. I think the entire triangle can be summed up in that one scene. Eric is obviously jealous of Jake, and Eric obviously wants to be with Calleigh. Calleigh is torn; she knows how she feels about Eric, but there are things keeping them apart, such as the fact that they work together and the fact that she doesn't know what she feels for Jake. She's uncertain, and that's certainly going to keep her from jumping headfirst into anything. And then Jake...wasn't there in the scene, which I'm reading into it meaning that while he's a big part of the triangle, he's not a part of the situation at hand. He's there, but he's not there. He may have Calleigh, but he doesn't have Calleigh.

Calleigh doesn't share her feelings directly; she chooses her words very carefully. I don't think that we're too far off in thinking that conversation was a definite "I love you, not him" kind of thing.

And by Eric's smile, I think he got that. :D

4. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

i hate myself and CBS right now!
    i couldnt watch the episode last night because i was at a party and then today when i try to see it on cbs.com i dont see it!!
    and all i could picture is how you guys are saying it

5. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

That's the last thing that should happen, because like I said, it's not really about Jake. I think my point (if there even was one ;)) is that people keep calling it a love triangle, but in the true sense of the term, it's not. Calleigh isn't refusing the pursue her feelings for Eric because of her feelings for Jake, and if she ends up with one of them, it's not going to be because she's decided not to be with the other. For the most part, they seem independant of one another. It does add a complication to the mix; Calleigh's having a hard time processing her feelings for Eric, whilst there's still this unfinished piece of business following her around, and for Eric, it's his issues with Calleigh having any potential romantic involvement with anybody but him, hence the jealously.

The situation's aren't even the same. Everything's not all levelled up and all she has to do is choose between them. If she turns down Eric, she's doesn't automatically go to Jake, and if she turns down Jake, she's not going to jump on Eric (just yet :devil:). Jake is almost extraneous to the E/C situation and their feelings.

I think the kiss is confusing people. I think that was the point. Like I said before, if it's causing this much havoc on us, imagine how the characters are feeling!

It's not a triangle, I refuse to call it that. I'll think of something else. A love fork, perhaps?

6. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

It's a love 69.

Me neither. And Leela added an interview with Emily to her site where Emily said Calleigh's attracted to Jake and they have chemistry, but on the other hand she's known Eric for so long and he and Calleigh, "love each other so much." So I agree Jake is not the problem here.

And it's really cool how Jake is mostly not an issue for Eric. Yeah, he's jealous because he wants to be with Calleigh and it's natural, but I don't think he sees Jake as a threat. Which explains why he was so nonchalant about it last week. And I think it's very in character for Eric to get this and give her some space. If it were any other guy they'd go on a rampage, but Eric's been around the block enough times to understand that just because she's with Jake doesn't mean she loves him or ever will. He understands her need to go out there and explore things before she settles down with him.

Of course, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt him. Seeing her kissing Jake was definitely a blow to the head. But people in other boards are saying Eric will be pissed at Calleigh and will do things to get back at her and I just don't see that at all. Both Calleigh and Eric understand their situation. I love that. I don't think I've ever seen a relationship like this on television.

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Oh yeah you definately saw the wind taken out of his sails when he saw that. I love how he didn't hesitate to show Cal his displeasure when they made eye contact at the end.

I knew it would all come down to Cal not wanting a relationship b/c they work together....typical Caleigh! Eric doesn't see Jake as a threat...I think he is more upset that Cal is even considering being with him b/c Eric knows Jake is such an ass. Eric also realizes, especially after that scene, Cal's emotional problems. She has always kept to herself her emotions....he knows her better than anyone.

After seeing this ep the summer won't be quite as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it is going to be long not just as traumatizing as I first believed.

So, we now know that next season with these two will be Cal getting over her phobia's and moving towards a relationship with Eric. The writers are definately making this storyline dynamic and it really surprises the hell out of me.

8. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

I think that if Calleigh starts getting serious with Jake again that he will break her heart or do something stupid to her. I think that she is starting to like him for the same reason she did a long time ago and history might be repeating itself. So I don't think Jake has a long claim on her. :rolleyes:

9. patluver144

patluver144 Police Officer

Well I don't know y'all but here. I um....taped the finale and here is some scenes from the episode that involve Eric and Calleigh and Jake triangle her ya go :D:

Calleigh walks in font of the building. Jake spots her and walks up to her.
    Jake: Hey
    Calleigh:Hey
    Jake: With (the killer dunno his name sorri) in custidy, looks like we can finally have that dinner.
    He smiles at her.
    Calleigh:Well those are famous last words. You know everytime we try something happens. Should we just say it's a sign.
    She smiles cautionly trying to convice him but it doesn't work. :p
    Jake: Uh....I'm just gonna have to work harder and finish earlier! :devil:

The Depressing scene :(

Eric and Calleigh are walking in the woods while Eric uses the metal detector.
    Calleigh: I spoke to the ER. Jake's gonna be alright.
    She says it innocently. :)
    Eric: Oh I'm sure he woul dlove for you to go visit him in the hospital. :rolleyes: :(
    She gives him a look and begins to get defensive.
    Calleigh: Hey you know what, I came to see you in the hospital too. :mad:
    He gives her a look.
    Eric: Yeah....it was different. :mad: :(
    She begins to get blunt.
    Calleigh: It is different because you and I work together.
    Eric: You work with Jake too. :rolleyes:
    Calleigh: He's in Homocide, you and I are in the lab day and night.
    Eric:........ :eek:
    She tells him straight up.
    Calleigh: You know that I trust you with my life. I don't even know what I feel about Jake yet. :eek:
    Eric: Alright, maybe we should get back to work. :)

Calleigh and Eric are at the house of the killer's sister. They are processing the scene.
    Calleigh: Will you tell me what you’re looking for? :confused:
    Eric: Lindsey couldn't tell us where her brother went so something has to.
    Calleigh:I have a hard time feeling sorry for her since she killed Jenifer Royce, and I think she probably is covering for him. :rolleyes:
    He gives her a look.
    Eric: He has our little girl Calleigh. :mad: :(
    She still is rambling on.
    Calleigh: Yeah but still, she's a murderer. :rolleyes:
    He gives her a stern look now.
    Eric: Family psychology run deep. They make you do things you never thought you were capable of. :eek: :(
    She realizes that she is at a sensitive spot with him and stops.
    Calleigh: Yeah you’re right. Do you mind finishing up here? I'm gonna go check on something.
    He is like wtf and just goes on with it.
    Eric: Yeah, I'll collect the little girl's things. :rolleyes:

And the kiss.......

Jake comes out of the elevator. Calleigh walks up to him. They begin talking. Eric sees them and starts to get interested. Calleigh puts her hands on her hips. Eric stops working as he watches them talk. Jake sees Eric looking at them. Eric's face begins to look pissed. Jake points to his face with his finger. Calleigh looks concerned and says "What's that?". Jakes leans in and kisses her. Calleigh doesn't stop she just keeps on kissing him. (During the the kissing, Jake has his hand on her shoulder/neck.) Eric looks pissed off and just goes back to work. Calleigh leans back against the elevator looking at Eric. Eric sighs and looks at her hurt. Calleigh looks at him one last time then turns her head into the elevator and the doors close.

The whole episode just pissed me off! It was so depressing and stuff! :(

10. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

We're back to the old 'there's so many possibilities' mindset again. It's gonna be a long speculation-filled summer!

I don't think Eric's going to do anything stupid. One of the cornerstones of their relationship, to me, is that they understand each other extremely well. Eric knows better than to do something stupid when it pertains to Calleigh. He's always been more careful with his actions around her, and he's matured a lot recently too.

He's definately going to be upset, but for some reason, I see it as being a much more subdued kind of upset than you would usually expect to see with Eric. I can't see him acting out, not even to Jake. There's going to be some underlying hostility, but if anything confrontational is initiated, I see it coming from Jake. He's serious about Calleigh and his feelings for her, he's not going to tarnish that by doing something childish.

I think he's going to be pretty patient with her. But how long he keeps that up is questionable.

11. moonlighraven

moonlighraven Victim

Last Nights episode of CSI Miami was great, I love the scene with EC at the park admitting to him her feelings that was a great moment and Eric being jealous and all.

The kiss scene wasn't all that, but the reaction on Eric's face was hearbreaking, you could see the hurt in his eyes, and the look he gave her and the look she gave him it was sad a look in both their eyes. But at least they both now how each other feels.

And the scene with Eric and the little girl that was adorable itw as just sooooo cute, and that little girl herself is just so cute that scene was definately priceless. Love that scene.

Overall this episode was great, and now I can look forward to Season 6.

12. midnight_tiptoes

Man, I just hope they start releasing spoilers soon. Like, tomorrow or something.

I wanna see Jake's reaction when he realizes there's something going on between Eric and Calleigh. I really wish we'd seen that in this episode. He's so arrogant. How would he react?

13. moonlighraven

moonlighraven Victim

Just wanted to point out that both Eric and Calleigh look pretty hot last night, Calleigh in her black outfit and Eric in a white suit dang! the man look super gorgeous. :)

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I agree with you Carol. I don't see it that way either. I think we'll get jealous, hurt Eric, but I really don't think he's the spiteful type. It would be out of character if he tries to get back at her. I don't see it, unless the writers (eek!) do one of their infamous, bizarre u-turns.

15. midnight_tiptoes

I don't even see him dating other women for the company. I think it may have gotten to the point where he knows he wants Calleigh and he'll accept no substitutes.

Another thing I love about this is, this may be the first time Eric hasn't gotten the girl easily. Usually it's like he snaps his fingers and the panties come off. Now, not so much. I also think the fact that he hasn't given up means the feelings are deep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.