Eric & Calleigh Thread #21 - Off With Their Shirts, We Say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric & Calleigh Thread #21 - Off With Their Shirts, We S

Eric is gonna have to work on her to make her flexible. She can't say no to that. ;)

Hmmm. Backstreet Boys? I like the song As Long as You Love Me. That is really sweet. The one you picked, Carolina, is good, too. :D

I got spoilers for Ep 523.....

Episode 523 is called Kill Switch. apparently Ryan is no longer working for the lab. whether he got fired or not I don't know. He is working as a free lance forensic reporter for a local tv station.

In the ep the team is investigating the death of a man name Jason Kiley who smuggled cocaine from Cuba on his cigar boat. The man he worked for, Tony Rosetti, finds out that he has been stealing cocaine from him and tells Paul, Jason's brother to 'handle' it. Paul botches it up though and Rosetti has to handle it himself in the end.

ok so the only reall E/C scene that I could see was one that takes a little interpretting. In the scened Eric sees Cal talking on the phone and enjoys seeing her smiling but when she sees him she straightens up and acts professional. Eric jokes that it is great to see a certain smile on her face. Calleigh tries to play it off. He asks if the person she was on the phone with was Jake. Suddenly Cal can't make eye contact and uses humor to deflect the comment. She says if people would stop dying then they could have could have their proper lunch. Cal then notices a folder Eric has and is happy to change the subject. There is no confirmation in any of the spoilers I have read on *who* she was actually talking to on the phone. Jake doesn't appear to be in the episode from what I have read.

as for my interpretation of the scene....it is possible she was talking to Jake and the reason she straightens up etc is b/c she has feelings for Eric but doesn't want to show them which is also the reason she won't make eye contact with him when he asks about Jake. Or she was talking about Eric to someone else and he catches her with her guard down and she uses Jake as her excuse for being happy....it seems to me that writers are taking it that they may both feel the same way but apparently need a good kick in the ass to actually do anything about it. :lol: Personally, I think we are going to have to wait til next season.

Hey thank you for the spoilers!
From what I hear it sounds like Cal is trying to cover up her feelings. We may get a jealous Eric soon. :devil: It sounds great that they will continue on with Eric and Calleigh from the episode before whic means it wouldn't make any sense for them to cut scenes out from episode 22, right? It sounds like a triangle might happen and we won't see anything happen until next season.

How many eps in a season? 24, I think because that is how many in the second season.

As far as I know it is 24. Last season was an aberation with 25 but every other season has been 24. So that means there is one more ep chock full of spoilers for me to report on :lol:

That's what I thought. I just don't know how they will end this season.
Do you think we could get Eric to make a move in the last episode?

I think if it gets to the point where he thinks she is interested and he can't take her ignoring it anymore than he might try and make a move. I would love to see a tender moment where he confronts her about it and maybe she doesn't deny it. But I really think this is going to carry over to next season before anything substantial happens but then again...who knows? :lol: When those spoilers come out and if there is anything like that in them I WILL totally report them. :D

okay, so we are getting some E/C, and I also think we are going to have to wait till next season, b/c apparently Calleigh is still dating Jake. I think a love triangle will add something nice to CSI: Miami. Can't wait, the writers better not mess this up, and I think they want to hold off on E/C so they can keep them together till the end of the series. So, my take is that next season they will start to get together and hopefully build on from there. How would they take Jake out of the picture??? mm. . .

Well I'm sure you will report them! How could you not? I don't think we'd get a move until next season, too. I mean they are doing this so late and I kinda don't want to see this rushed.

I see Jake as being very ambitious and if the opportunity were to arise where he could move on to bigger and better things I think he would take it. Of course Eric would be there to comfort Cal and that could lead to things. The love triangle thing is definately different, not something really done in CSI...so if they go that route I will be very interested to see how it plays out.

Futon Critic has Miami going to episode 25 so we may get 25 eps...who knows :D

yes, you're right about Jake, Eric will be there for Cal and then that will get things going next season. I used to like Jake, but after that episode where he twisted the evidence to satisfy his own way, I didn't liked him anymore. He's not right for Cal, there was a reason why they broke up in the past, I don't see why they would be dating again. Thanks for the spoilers, I hope we get something in the season finale.

Jake is kind of annoying to me. He is pretty cute but Calleigh has seemed to outgrow him. He just still has that bad boy reputation and as she got older Calleigh probably doesn't want to be in a relationship like that. It sounds like we are going to get some conflict betwween Eric and Jake. Again, it depends on how he asks Calleigh if she was talking to Jake. It could have been out of curiosity, it could have been out of jealousy.

I really don't know what to make of this. Is Calleigh straightening up because Eric sees her or if it's just anyone seeing her? I hate having to interpret vague spoilers. Also, I don't like Jake.

I'm guessing Eric is putting Calleigh's happiness before his wants and needs and won't make a move until the Jake/Calleigh thing is over.

AMRITA you're back!! Not later than this weekend I was grumbling about you not being here anymore :D You're forgiven but you better not disappear again :lol:

I'm still flying high. The fact that she can't meet his eyes is very telling. You do that when you really want to hide something and the other can read you like an open book. I mean the guy she really wants and loves is there next to her and she is convinced she can't have him because of so many reasons :rolleyes: She wants to change subject because like Eric didn't want to discuss Natalia with her, she certainly doesn't want to discuss Jake with him. I'm not sure you can discuss 'blah' feelings when the real thing is next to you :lol: Somehow I can't help thinking something is going to happen between Eric and Jake that will force her to take sides for one of them.

I honestly don't like Jake, the character and also the actor is a poor match to Cal/Emily and unless something happens in the episodes between the last one and 523, her being super-happy is not very believable. My take is that she is just rushing into this to keep her mind from Eric and what she feels for him. Somehow being with Jake is a safeguard and maybe an alibi, she doesn't need to address the issue and having a boyfriend will stop any rumor that she has deep feelings for Eric. And of course Eric won't get in between especially if he is convinced she is happy with Jake... I still would like him to become all protective if Jake shows his real colors. I don't think this guy can be trusted. I read him as selfish, he'll never put her interest before his. he is the solar opposite of Eric and I hope she will realize it soon :D

Elicia said:
My take is that she is just rushing into this to keep her mind from Eric and what she feels for him. Somehow being with Jake is a safeguard and maybe an alibi, she doesn't need to address the issue and having a boyfriend will stop any rumor that she has deep feelings for Eric.

Ooh, I never thought of that before! But for Calleigh, that is so true. If Calleigh starts to feel something real, something deep for Eric, the first thing she's going to do is push him away, or run away herself. She doesn't do true emotion, at least not yet. I'm not going to say she doesn't feel something for Jake ('cause I still like him. :D Don't hurt me, lol.), but for her to go for it with him, you have to wonder if there's really anything emotional there at all. Remember Hagen? Peter? They were safe...well, obviously not, but as far as Calleigh really and truly falling for either one of them, it wasn't going to happen, and I think she knew that. That's why she chose them. Now with Eric...she has no control. She can't stop herself from falling, and it scares her. And she's gonna try not to face it. And if she can put Jake in between of herself and Eric to keep a hint of that control, I think she's gonna do that in a heartbeat.

Maybe Eric will find something bad about Jake and he'll have to tell Calleigh about it. Remember when Horatio was telling Jake to be careful not to get involved in drugs? Horatio's an oracle. He's always right. So I get the feeling Jake's going to get caught doing something bad and Eric will be the one who'll have to tell Calleigh. Just a hunch.

The fact that she can't look Eric in the eyes is very telling. Also, she says she and Jake can't go out because of work. Um, what? Surely she doesn't work 23 hours a day. I love Calleigh and her silly excuses. Looks like she's feeling something for Eric and is afraid but is also looking for excuses not to go out with Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back