Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yen35

yen35 Witness

I was cautious not to get too overjoyed when I read this news. Of course it would be awesome but I don't think some of these producers have a large enough brain to sometimes understand what exactly they are saying or not saying! Besides, one of the courses I am teaching next term is validating information in various articles and my brain seems to be a bit hard wired to this activity! I am sure Adam's yahoo group is a reliable source and has given reliable information before. I hope I don't sound like a pessimist when I say I don't actually trust these producers and will wait to actually SEE this happen to get excited about it!
    ----
    As for the question 'will Cal's absence be explained' in the event that she actually does miss an eppy, I don't know if it will be. Natalia was not there at all in one of the season 9 eppys (can't recall which one now) and her absence was not explained. But I thought I read that she is actually not missing any eppys whereas earlier she was supposed to be missing 2.
    ---
    Merry Christmas everyone!

2. yen35

yen35 Witness

----
    I 100% agree with you that plenty of people will blame EC if the show was canceled. Well, they are not together now and the show is still about to be canceled. I am sure that won't stop some people blaming EC and saying that the start of the EC storyline lead up to the show's cancellation which would be stupid because the premier of season 9 did so well and there was some EC there. These people would be stupid to cancel this show because I don't believe Hawaii 5 0 will last more than 2 or 3 years.

3. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Okay...so I realize I'm really good at this whole lurking thing, but I honestly pretty much come out now in times of crisis (which is pretty much all the time these days). Regarding the possibility of a rekindled romance, I would suggest being cautiously optimistic. The link posted is the only place we've heard any news about the romance coming back, and until we have it confirmed elsewhere, the news should be taken with a grain of salt.

Regarding the talk of canceling the show and the crap spot that is Sunday, I think this is something that we need to be more vocal about (and more than just on the feedback page of the CBS website...I wonder if anyone actually checks those messages) the changes and how we feel about everything. The writing really, really needs improvement this season, but more than that, I think having our spot back on Monday nights would really help with ratings (mind you, this is all from a faux know-it-all...for all I know, it'll bomb anyway. Regardless, it's worth a try to bombard them).

In the interim, I vote we all write some EC fic because ff.net is seriously lacking, and I can't find my library card. ;)

4. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

Hello HUGGERS! Regarding the possibilty of calleigh not being in Adams episode please read below. Additionally, I dont think CSI will be cancelled. Yea the numbers arent where they use to be BUT it still has enough juice to be renewed for a 10th season; HUGGERS who have not been watching (like me) will most likely begin to watch since the article in question surfaced. So going forward, we may see the ratings go up. Granted it has not been confirmed by CBS but I believe it more than I don't believe it. Don't count out CSI Miami just yet.

Calleigh's name is not mentioned in the spoilers of Episode 14 either but she was mentioned in the spoilers for Episode 15.(Please check Mayra's blog for these spoilers: http://latestfromcsimiami.blog
    spot.com/p/spoilers.html
    )According to Mayra, the filming of Episode 15 will resume on Jan. 6. If Emily is gonna be in this episode then I don't see any reason why she won't be in Episode 16.

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi fourm

Firstly Congrets to Em if news of her baby is true.:thumbsup:
    Just to be clear.....isn´t it Ryan and the new lab -tech when the article "speaks" of Miami romance? At least that is what is implied in spoiler - tread and Ryan tread??

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

You know what, AJ...you made me think about that now. I mean the article given is only one source of that information...I hope that source of yours, ec_ology, is sure that it was about EC not Ryan...I mean as much as I'm all for Ryan to have love interest, I also want EC to be back. That article given indicates that EC is sort of new couple which is very much not true and I'm thinking maybe the info got mixed up somewhere and it's about Ryan?

7. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

Hey KALA! I asked PAULLY to email the guy (Adam Yahoo Group) to try and obtain more info regarding his source without divulging his source but I don't know if the guy emailed PAULLY back. I will check with PAULLY and let you all know. I need to read it again because I could of sworn that Eric and Calleigh were mentioned in the article. However, the word "feature" has always bothered me. I was like why are they using the term "feature" regarding Eric and Calleigh like its something new.

8. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

Ok, the article ONLY speaks of Eric and and Calleigh; it also references previous statements made by Dube so I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm gonna email him myself and see if I get a response.

9. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

Guys someone pointed something out on the CBS forum: there are 2 articles about Ryan and this new chic; one says she will make a good 1st impression on ryan and then one says she forms an attachment; neither article is the one posted by Adams Yahoo Group. However, its still a wait and see game seeing as though the article on Adams Yahoo Group still has yet to be confirmed by CBS. I am told that spoilers/articles in the past posted by Adams Yahoo Group have been accurate but considering all EC fans have gone through with getting our hopes up only to be disappointed, tread with caution; i guess.

10. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

V, please please tell me you put this in a feedback or a letter.....too good to waste on this thread; you are my hero! BTW: why have you not been on the CBS forum lately?

"LISTEN HERE CSI MIAMI WRITER YOU GUYS BETTER STOP PISSING OFF ME AND ALL E/C FAN'S OR YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEN
    **still thinking that to do thou ***
    but sure something bad"

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Precisly my thoughts too.

1. a new romance on Miami has been "confirmed" by Marc Dube as a Ryan - thing. In spoiler tread even Horatio is in play for a romance this year. So even I don´t know which romance is spoken off.
    And Marc is "named" in the "other" article but in this - " is a producer???"
    2. IMO ratings is the one mecanisme that could change somenthing. Or do tv- shows - as movies does - have people pre - viewing stuff or target group reviews?

I stated time and time again that this storyline is my reason for watching Miami. But in this case I will play devils advocate and say:" why start this storyline now?"

1. female lead is on leave. Which would leave ....hmmm....6 episodes ...to get a solid storyline build- up?
    2. If both Ryan, new lab - tech and Horatio featured in a love storyline Why add one more?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  12. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

Ok guys we talked about this over on the CBS forum; again the article I posted is not the article that speaks about Ryan and this new ME. Additionally, the article(s) that speak of Ryan and the new ME are vague and don't say yea or nay as to whether something romantic is going to pop off between the two (which is smart cuz ryan/natalia shippers are pissed im sure). I did email and posted a question regarding the credibility of the information but have not received a response to date. But quite frankly, everything will be revealed soon enough with up coming episodes so we will see. I do want to point out something that I posted on the CBS thread (see below).....in a nutshell, if dude got EC confused with Ryan then he is seriously on something seeing as though he referenced an earlier statement by Dube regarding EC taking a break.....................

"Hey ECFAN! I too feel positive about EC turning the corner.........besides that below statement from the article" Earlier, co-executive producer Marc Dube said that the is show will keep the two characters apart. However, it seems that a few beneficial changes have been made in the storyline, judging from the viewers’ interest in the show"is spot on about EC; not ryan and some chic.........also it seems like dude does have a credible source becuase of how the last sentence is worded ......i get the sense he knows something but is not divulging.....how does he know there are "beneficial changes" regarding EC..........................at the same time with no confirmation from cbs or producers, i do have that twinge of doubt only becuase of all the letdowns thus far..............however i feel way way way more confidant it is true than it being not true.........alright HUGGERS gotta get ready for work: good night!".......................................................I'm keeping toes, fingers, eyes and everything else crossed that the highly anticipated (we Huggers having been holding on to the logic that despite all the craziness and bizarre/misleading statements by Dube that the plan has always been to have EC back together because to truly end the EC storyline after all the waiting, angst and drama would be ABSURDITY ON A WHOLE OTHER LEVEL) EC turn around is eminent and that all this craziness has been part of thier so called "journey."

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks ec_ology for sharing it with us. Bring us more good news! I so want to believe that we will get our happy ending after all. I want it done right, subtle, light, with no near death situations. Maybe that's too much to ask, but well, girl can have her dreams ;)

14. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I'm with you there! I'm absolutely sick of the near-death situations. Calleigh and Eric are more than capable of recognizing their love for each other WITHOUT a catastrophe occurring. Can't they just be boringly, sublimely happy? It's like the writers don't know what to do with them if they're not in a crisis. Here's an idea: have them flirt, kiss, eye each other up once in a while in the locker room. Then shift the near-death situations to people like Ryan or Walter (especially Walter- he hasn't almost died yet- it's his turn to take a bullet/stab wound from a strange object/what have you!) so that E/C can be thankful they are both healthy and have each other.

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:lol::p Now see that is an idea....Have Walter down and let E/C work the case. They could even "just" have them in two scenes together IF I get a loving look and a smile. BUT I want confirmation they are back together or......at least two kisses before I´ll watch again.

I have come to accept that writers or produces "see" this storyline differently then I. Either TPTB overwork the storyline for a couple off episodes or they forget they even had a storyline like that.( Proof: the rollarcoaster of "I can´t live without you" to nothing to the kiss).

I will even go as far as accepting that different writers alternate the focus on the storyline pending the writer liking or disliking the storyline.

But ...overhyping the kiss - having the two in action on screen .....and the return to a brother - sisterkind of love is downright disrespectfull to viewers like me and MOST importantly the characters.

As Call doesn´t commit easily and Eric has change from player toward settling down with XXXX.

Having Call going in and out of love and Eric going : - want you - want you not. is soooo disrespectfull of the characters. IMO

I just noticed that for the first time the effect on the characters is mentioned by me but - wow- you may now call me a E/C lovestoryline addict...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.