Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yen35

yen35 Witness

This is very well said silentdisco. You have my full agreement.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I also agree, I watched the ep. where they were all on the floor, and Eric was more concerned about Calleigh then the rest, so riveting. The strong love they have is so apparent. I hope they will for sure continue this story line and they get married, is that asking for too much?:thumbsup:

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

You know, this is odd.....In main forum Miami is the least viewed site: 1. LV 2. NY 3 Miami in views. BUT in shipper forum Hiphuggers still rule. Above Willows and Vartann and Sara/Griss or Danny and Lid.

I do realise that is just one forum amoughst many. But - just to prove a point - (please you who visit other forums, correct me if I am wrong) IF this is the general picture of the show and forums. What would that tell you as a producer????

The E/C storyline is above other "love - interst" storyline but the - as of now - the show is not:confused:. ( I am aware that I am building my case on a very very limited fact - base) But I still want other fans and producers to realize that this storyline do impact the show in a good way. Not the people who think the storyline is crap to join us. That is not my mission but if the numbers in here is any indication of fan - base we (hiphuggers) do matter more then given credit for.

All this talk of hiphuggers being fantasising(sp) - teenages who doesn´t understand the point of the genre should - if I am right - not matter at all.
    Because the numbers matter. And as of now hiphuggers still outnumber the other treads but the show does not do well in general. AND I wonder if anyone could blame us for that as we are NOT to post our "special" addiction in there and therefor cann´t have "driven" anyone away in there or help boost the treads in there.

So being pro or con this storyline .....why is hiphuggers still alive and doing very well when show in general forum is not???

IMO this just proves that IF writers could balance the storyline better and hold on the hiphuggers (with just a look once in a while) the fan-base would make more of an impact. But still this is just IMO. Let time tell if I was wrong.

Sorry for the ranting ----I am just overly frustrated with the fact that hiphuggers are a (great?) part of the fan - base (NOT age - depending IMO) and we get soooo much critic for - not understanding the genre or loving the other characters which in my case is soo far from the truth. But I could be wrong and the numbers might be misinterpreted but only time will tell....

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I think that is the main problem - most antihiphuggers wouldn't have problem with the storyline if it was handled properly...but TPTB always must go with too much of everything - whether it's Horatio's irritating one-liners, Eric's near death situations and more recently chasing scenes...
    I still hope for some positive solution for EC, but hopefully it will be done subtly.
    well, that's no spoiler really. However I remember that behind the scenes where Eric and Cal were smiling at each other. At least SOME interaction, right? I just hope they will not be only friendly like nothing ever happened between them, but most likely that's what will happen:scream:

5. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I agree 100% even at adam rodriguez yahoo group fans are still lost even the antihiphuggers still dont agree with what they did to e/c storyline..

6. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

YAY! Calleigh and Eric scene came tonight. Oh I loved those two, even though it hadn't anything to do with EC. I'm happy, and now love Arquette :)

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm happy they seemed relaxed with each other. No weird tension. Being together just comes so natural to them; it's like a dance to them. Even after all that has happened we can see in just this simple scene the great chemistry they share. There was nothing romantic about it but it just flows. The scene is natural when these two are together in it. I really hope we get more in the episodes to come :).

8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Ok, I'm not happy with that scene. That's what I was worried about...going from deep something to friendly nothing. As I said before, we've long passed the flirting stage, I want them back for good and then smiling to each other like this.
    I will probably watch the whole episode though :)

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I guess I was ok with it because I don't want any more tension/drama between them. Even though they've been through A LOT and are obviously not supposed to be just friends right now I can still see them being able to be comfortable enough with each other; at least when it comes to a work conversation. I think that down the road the writers could also use that in making them realize that they are good together because they have a solid friendship to fall back on and that they miss each other and that no matter what happens they love each other too much. I'm really trying to work with what they are giving me, I know :lol:.

I did enjoy that the chemistry between Emily and Adam is still so there. Those two just make me want to keep watching just because of them and even though I'm pissed at the mess the writers have created.

10. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

Maybe it's just me seeing things, but when Eric and Calleigh were reading the chat between Ashley and Justin, of all the things Eric read it was " I can't sleep, you're all I think about." Maybe I'm reading to much into it but that's what the writers have done to me. I'm looking for any sign of a turn around with these two.

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

OMG I noticed that too, but my tooth ache made me forget to include it, and watch desparate housewives for some apparant reason. Hate myself right now:scream:

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't think the writers will shelf this romance, it's too strong and they have mega fans that see their chemistry. Maybe after her baby is born [Emily's] things will get back to where they're supposed to be. My gawd their both good looking people. Can you imagine if down the line they had their own baby, what a looker:p

13. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

Originally Posted by snowbunny [​IMG]
    Maybe it's just me seeing things, but when Eric and Calleigh were reading the chat between Ashley and Justin, of all the things Eric read it was " I can't sleep, you're all I think about." Maybe I'm reading to much into it but that's what the writers have done to me. I'm looking for any sign of a turn around with these two.

C.H.E.A.R, I haven't seen the episode but we were talking about this over on the CBS thread so you are not the only one who caught that. As I stated on the CBS Thread, that conversation could have been written in a million different ways but it wasn't. If that scene had been like 4 years ago then maybe it would not have been poignent but it didn't. So, I definately see it as a dangling carrot tease on behalf of the writers; no doubt about it and hopefully that's a good thing!

DESERTWIND, I too agree; the EC storyline is not going to be shelved. I know at times it seems that way from all the confusing statements made by O'Brien and Dube but I chalk that up to bad writing and having this need to tease fans with dangling carrots. But its been too many years, too much angst and too much time invested in the EC storyline for it to be done away with in the blink of an eye. More importantly there is NO plausible reason to shelve the EC storyline; and NO the anti's are not a plausible reason nor a big enough agitation; especially when WE are the majority AND especially since the writers have appeased them to some extent in "toning" down the intensity; which I am all in favor for. I've never wanted the EC storyline to have all this drama because it is a crime show first so in that regard I could definately see the point of anti's. However, there should be a compromise; YES we may be the majority but we are not the only viewers and ALL fans should be heard. Hopefully, the writers have found a way to balance the EC storyline so that while we HUGGERS get what we want its not at the cost of agitating anti's or non shippers. Besides, the first part of this season has ECless so anti's have no room to complain at this point even though some anti's just don't like EC period; not even a compromise would appease them. I say all of this to make a point: The EC storyline has been a long time in the making whether intentional or not, and for better or worse has become an integral part of the show that cannot be ignored and/or shelved for that matter. The vibe between EC is apparent and its felt in each episode. While the crime aspect of the season thus far has been good you can tell that something is off and it's EC; and not just in a hiphugger way. EC working together on cases has always brought that extra spark but this "journey" where EC is acting like they need to be reintroduced to one another is aparent and has affected the OVERALL vibe of the show; it doesn't work. I think the writers know this and will make it right. Hopefully, Emily will be off maternity leave soon and we can get EC back on course! (sidenote: I do believe its always been the intention to have EC find their way back together even though it hasn't seemed like it; epecially when you have Dube saying absurd shiiiizzzzzz like "they have more of a brother/sister relationship right now"......oh but wait "they love each other very much").......yea oh kkkkkkkkkk......KEEP THE FAITH HUGGERS:) at least the end of season 9.

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hallo - :vulcan: - HALLOOO...hmmm where are they?:p

Hi forum of joy and delight - greetings from an ex Miami fan spending so much time doing fun and exciting things in real life as show is still not on right track.

So let us play best Miami writers or not:

How are they (E/C) getting back together? How would you write that one?

One episode - one kiss - the end (so other parts of fan - base will not get annoyed)

Or the season long build up based on "one - line" hintting and then one kiss? ( and then the end:( of using the couple actively as a storyline and so fanbase will not react?)

AND would you even bring the couple back unless you need some ratings fixing in the finaly(sp?)? If you take off your E/C glasses when would it benefit the show to bring back this particular couple? Would you wait to "see" fans reaction to Horatio and someone storyline before "using" this couple again?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

^^

I guess I would have them having a very needed conversation where they lay down the cards and say that they've gone through a lot and that it's been tough but that the time they've taken (thus explaining what they are doing now) has helped them see that they love each other and just want to be together. Maybe they need to lay some ground rules on how they keep work and personal separated so it doesn't affect them as much and work from there. After that conversation I would have them share a kiss (and not a cute, simple one like in Sink or Swim) but a real KISS. And that's it.

I think that something as simple as a conversation would work without all the complications of a third party coming along or another near death experience for one or both of them to realize how much they mean to each other. I don't get why the writers can't see that.

Something cute leading up to this conversation could be that one of them sees or hears something that reminds him/her of the other and something they shared during their relationship. Like for example someone comes up to Calleigh and tells her that Eric left his watch and asks her to give it to him. The watch would remind her of when he left it on her in the hospital so that she would know he was there. Something simple that would then lead up to her taking the watch to him and things could go on from there.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.