Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

~~
    yes that true ,many non shipper saying that, its not logic at all..how come from saving her life to being friend (bs) ...
    HOW THE HELL THIS TURN THIS WAY
    COME ON CBS MAKE SOME SENSE HERE :evil::evil::evil:

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  3. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

^^ Thanks for the link Kala79 :)!
    I just ranted my heart out :lol:! I even told them about my intention on going on hiatus until there's some decent respectful writing that does not insult the viewers' intelligence!

4. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Well atleast Adam is paying attention to what ppl are tweeting him. I'm sure his just as confused as the viewers about that crazy scene. I did find it odd that Cal, who's in love with Eric, would say such a off comment. May be she's not comfortable saying I love you yet or "I love you like family" is coded for I love you like a husband which would be family; okay my imagination is running away with me again. lol

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I swear I thought she was going to say "Wanna' join me" and she just walked away leaving him a bit puzzled to say the least:confused:

6. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Contrary to what they say, I don't think they actually pay much attention to the comments people send through the official CBS website. I don't know...maybe I'm just pessimistic about it but I get the feeling anything sent through there automatically gets filed into the one labeled "Trash." I mean, I suppose it couldn't hurt to send in comments/complaints/suggestions as long as they are well thought out comments and arguments rather than just attacks on the writers (don't get me wrong, I think they're idiots, but it's kind of the whole "more flies with honey" thing).

I don't know if this makes much sense (and you'll have to forgive my fairly abrupt transition...I just don't feel like being smooth right now), but has anyone noticed that this is the most lively this board has been in a long time? Maybe the writers are onto something. In giving us crappy, enigmatic scenes, they're keeping up some sort of interest in the form of discussion, and when it comes right down to it, it's basically like an abusive relationship in the sense that they know they can keep dealing blows and we'll keep coming back...even if we say we won't. Well...I could be speaking only for myself on this, but I think the only way I'd actually be done with the show is if they end EC for sure. By keeping them in this stupid purgatory, they're keeping both EC and non EC fans.

The biggest thing on our part will be to find ways to make ourselves heard and keep at it.

7. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I hoped she would've said something like that but that be to easy for the writers. I hate when the writers mess with us, they've done it too much and they should be stop soon. :devil: Took writers a couple years to finally give Sara and Gil a go, may be it's the same from Cal and Eric. :rolleyes:

8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Couple of years? It's been like...four! :rolleyes:
    I can't wait for tomorrow's episode, hopefully something will be explained even though I have a feeling that it will be totally ignored...:(

9. yen35

yen35 Witness

Thanks very much kala. I already sent my feedback and I also typed a letter to Ann Donahue using the address Jean gave (I can't recall where she posted it now but if anyone likes I can post it here) and will be posting it tomo. I was also very interested to read from the non-hiphuggers that that scene didn't make sense - which indeed was true.
    About that scene being totally ignored tomo (your post above) I agree 100%. The episode right after Sink or Swim made no reference to the last scene of sink or swim. The episode after smoke gets into your CSIs made no reference to the hospital scene so why would tomo be any different? Its obvious the writers need help for amnesia.
    Thanks Vignes!

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

The only thing that's stopping me from losing complete hope about the future of our hiphuggers are some of the actors' comments during recent interviews;
    Emily:"...Awe, my fake boyfriend really love me..." :adore:
    Adam: "...He makes a beeline to the one he loves...". :luvlove: talking about Eric, in the scene from Fallen, rushing to save Calleigh.
    And these interviews were more recent than the filming of that last episode, "Sudden Death"

The writers are just toying with us, and really testing our patience. Personally, it also insults my intelligence.
    I will wait for your positive comments before starting to watch the show again.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You're absolutely right. All of that was said after they had already filmed "Sudden Death". I also still have hope because one of the writers or producers (can't remember which one) said that EC would go through quite a ride this season and I don't think the ride would've lasted two episodes. Also, both Eric and Calleigh looked far from over each other in both "Fallen" and "Sudden Death".

What will certainly annoy me the most and would make me stop watching is, like I said earlier, if they hook them up with other people just for the sake of more drama. And yes Dr. Mercier I'm looking at you :shifty:.

Yep I feel the same way.

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I rarely come to this forum anymore for several reasons, none of which are important right now. But, after tonights episode I decided to come see what people were saying, and I must say this post really saddened me.

Like all of you, I don't like what is going on between Eric & Calleigh, and the end of the last episode confused the hell out of me. But one thing you should remember is that Adam and Emily are only doing their jobs. The writers write a script and they do their job by acting out that script. They cannot help what the writers write, what their characters do or don't do. It is not up to them! The last thing they want to hear after they've done their job is that you hated the episode, you hated what Calleigh said to Eric, or vice versa. Adam even tweeted his thanks for sticking with them... and you want to tell him that you're taking a "hiatus"? Some fan. You'll be his fan and support his work only if Eric and Calleigh are together?! Same goes for Emily... you'll support her and her acting in the episode only if Calleigh and Eric are together?!

Why don't you try tweeting him to tell him what a great job he did in that episode? Tell him you'd love to see Eric & Calleigh together eventually, but no matter what happens you'll stick with him and whatever he and Emily are doing in the show. Imagine how crappy you'd feel if you got home from a long day at work only to see tweets from supposed fans complaining that they're not going to be a fan anymore if things don't go as THEY want. I imagine he feels pretty darned crappy when he sees tweets complaining about the state of Eric & Calleigh's relationship and oh yeah, that particular "fan" isn't going to watch anymore if Eric and Cal don't get back together. As if he could control that! No darned wonder Adam doesn't tweet nearly as much as he used to.

Write CBS, tell them how you feel, but do so nicely. Don't attack them. As someone else mentioned in part, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. If letters or emails are read, you can be sure they'll pay more attention to the letters/emails that are nice, versus those that are mean and spiteful. Write Adam, write Emily... but be nice. Remember, they are only doing their job.

As for the state of the Eric & Calleigh relationship & the end of 9.02, I have this little fantasy in my head that it was all just a ruse... that they really are seeing each other still, but because of IAB are acting like they are apart. Whatever is going on, I do have hope that they'll end up together at the end of the season. I don't think they'd have Eric calling Calleigh "Baby" if they planned to kill the relationship for good. They've spent a lot of time in the past few years on the Eric & Calleigh realtionship, so I can't help but think they would do this only to tear it apart in the end. The producer did say they'd go on a journey, and perhaps this is the start of it. I'd like to think that when Emily comes back from maternity leave, that journey will be coming to a head... in a good way. Not much they can do on that journey while she's hiding behind desks and computer monitors.

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Welcome back Jennifer! It's always nice to see fellow hiphuggers coming back after a long time to this thread...I know a lot of people have lost their heart to this forum because it seems that there is a lot of negativity towards EC and to me it generally feels like it's pro-Ryan and pro-H. forum only.
    Having said that I think that writing to CBS(which I did) will bring no effect whether you will do it nicely or not. I don't think these letter are read at all. And I think that's what D&D addict had in mind, not attacking Adam personally, we know he is not writing those scripts(he was supposed to though) but maybe he can mention something to An D. or sb else in CBS that fans feel disappointed that they are being played with for so long.
    Changing subject: were there any EC scenes last night? Or any mention of what happened?I'm really curious and this forum is today strangely quiet!

14. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Thanks kala. I appreciate you understanding and explaining the purpose of my comments. Just to avoid any misinterpretaion, I may have been a bit frustrated in that post, but my frustrations were aimed towards the writers of the show; by no means do I hold the actors reponsible for how the stories are developing. I love Emily and will support her in anything she does; and when Adam was partly gone last year, I did what I could to help getting him back. However, EC is my main attraction to the show. I think that is my prerogative :thumbsup:!
    This thread is in general a very positive one, and probably one of the few left in its kind. However, when both pro and con EC groups express the same frustration, you know that there's something wrong with the storyline.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

No EC scenes last night, even less of an explanation of what's going on between them. Not that I expected there to be anyway :rolleyes:. These writers really like to take the easy way out; they don't want to deal with an explanation in this episode so they simply give them no scenes together and voila. As a whole the episode felt kind of bland to me except for the scenes with the blind guy, he was pretty good.

So now we start with the whole Meemo theme again so I foresee very little EC interaction cause I assume Eric will be running around with Horatio chasing after Meemo. I'm really starting to believe that they will leave the storyline hanging till after Emily returns from maternity leave like some of you have mentioned.

I was thinking we really are an unlucky group of shippers :lol::
    Season 6: EC were working towards getting together and we had the writers' strike.
    Season 7: This was actually a pretty good season.
    Season 8: We had Adam gone most of the time.
    Season 9: We'll have Emily gone for a while because of maternity leave and now with reduced screentime.

Geez :lol::p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.