Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I agree. For Eric to be with her there in the morgue, while it could've been sweet, it could've also been construed as pushy, and to be honest, I don't really know that Calleigh would've wanted him there with her during that scene. That was a bit of closure she needed to get on her own, something she's not ready to do with Eric watching over her shoulder, you know? Being alone in that scene allowed Calleigh to let down those walls, thus allowing us to see that she really is nearing that breaking point. I think that was a good call.

Still, I definitely would've loved an EC scene after that - with a still-concerned Eric and a Calleigh who still isn't okay, but who will be okay in time. There was huge potential there, but then again, there was a lot of other stuff going on in the episode too. I'm okay with being patient for a few more episodes or so.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I totally agree. While I was upset we didn't get an E/C scene at the end of the ep....there is no way she would have wanted him there. She is not at that point yet where she would need someone else to be there for her in a time of emotional need. I think with the stories and Corey's hints we are going there though and when she does finally need him, that will be the point/time when they get together.

Last night only cracked the armor, it didn't break it all the way down. I'm sure further down the line we will see more of an emotional response from her and more situations that will put more cracks in the armor.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I'm an E/C fanatic....my heart can't take much more of this. I need another sweet moment before I go completely insane.

4. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I had a good time with this epi and the "ahh! almost" moments between E and C. It was like every time he wanted to get close, someone would come up. Eric played it very professionally and kept back when someone else came into the picture. I'd have loved to have a big E/C moment, but still was not disappointed last night. Can't wait for next week!

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Corey's hints aren't helping me out. I'm becoming such an E/C pessimist, I'm losing a little hope. I know I shouldn't be though, because they will get together, lastnights episode just completely confused me though.

While it was amazing that Calleigh didn't hide her feelings with the usual 'I'm fine' and actually told Eric that she wasn't okay..Eric confused me with his reaction(s) to her..or lack of reactions. You could tell that he wanted to comfort her but didn't want to get to close. Which I didn't understand whatsoever. In SYG he held her when that situation happened and in All In he wouldn't take no for an answer when it came to letting her go home alone. Then lastnight she told him she wasn't okay when he asked and she was more emotional then usual and wasn't hiding it, but yet Eric didn't do much, almost though.

6. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

I really enjoyed the episode. Yeah, I definitely would have loved more EC, but I feel like this episode was the most balanced, most even-keeled we've seen in a while (course I also have this abnormal fear that Calleigh reacted so strongly to the man's death because the writers are going to write her off...true story, ask Jessica...though I'm probably being paranoid. Regardless, I think the ep did well)

I loved the *almost* hand on the shoulder! He was like a teenager knowing he was drifting dangerously close to off-limits territory in so many ways, and you could tell how badly he wanted to touch her and comfort her. Awww! :D

7. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I'm still mad that he didn't cuff-n-stuff that bitch when she slapped Calleigh! I mean he should have at least told her that even though they understood she was upset, it still give her no right to slap an office of the law!! I worked law enforcemet for seven years and my brother still works law enforcement and has for over twenty years, do you really think if I had gotten slapped like that with him standing there that she would have been put in the jail so fast that your head would spin!

I just couldn't figure out the lack of Eric love for all the stuff that happened to Calleigh. Its all good that she told him that she wasn't alright, but good god can they not let him reach out to her? Whats up with that? I hope we get something in Eppisode 10 because we are getting to the halfway point, and I don't know if we can stand this for another season. Quit Beating the Dead Horse ok!

As for her not wanting him with her in the morge, well they didn't actually have to put him in the morge with her, they could have had him walk into the obsservtion gallery and peer in and watch her without her knowing, or him enterupting her moment with the DB. Just thought that would have shown that he was concerned about her state of mind and he had come looking for her, but desided to let her grieve in her own way while he silently watched with a hurt consern for her. That would have worked a whole lot better.

What was up with her thoughts at that point? I guess she was trying to make herself feel better about what happened by imagining that she had saved the guy. I kept thinking that when they where showing that scene that somehow that guy she was pulling up at the end would turn in to Eric for some reason! Maybe that could have been a good alternative seen for her to realize that she almost lost him again?

I don't know I wached this Eppi. agin today & I was still dissapointed at the potental great moments that where waisted! Oh well I guess the FanFiction writers will have alot of great storyline to write.

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Huh? If Emily left the show, so would I. No doubt about that.

The episode was okay, but I was still really disappointed in it because it didn't really further their relationship. Yes, Calleigh admitted to Eric that she wasn't okay... but to me that really isn't significant enough to move their relationship forward. It will just frustrate me to hell if we get these little tidbits every 3 episodes, as has happened so far. Like I said earlier, there was so much E/C last season, and so far this season... so much less. There's that pessimistic side of me...

9. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

Hi everybody!
    Longtime reader, first time poster.
    But yeah- the epi had SOO much potential.
    JUST A HUG would have sufficed.
    I mean Calleigh had just nearly lost it, she was so close to just breaking down after being slapped, that I thought this would be freaking hiphuggers gold!:eek:
    But then she reserved herself,
    I think that if you look closely, it looks like cal is hiding something, something big. She seems to withdraw from the conversation, looking down, tears in her eyes, just depressed. Obviously Eric could not just hug her in front of the wife and son, so he didnt. Maybe, this will lead to something in a future epi. I think she was abused, and that Eric will find out. I think he will ask about her and whatnot, and she will tell him because we KNOW that they are starting to let down walls. So maybe this epi does have extreme significance towards their relationship because it was the first time Eric knew something was deep deep deep down wrong. I hoped this spoiler tag worked...

Just my thoughts

10. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Welcome, tamemyheart4692!

I haven't watched this episode yet, so I still don't have opinion. I hope there's gonna be something nice in the next epi, but that's what's spoiling my mood, we keep on hopping and waiting. When are we going to get something???

11. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

I watched epi 7х06 another time. When Eric wished to put a hand to her shoulder, it didn't look it was indecisive. On the contrary, gesture was assured enough. As if he did it having right. But it were unsuitable moment and place.

Why we wait that we'll see all process of arising relations between Eric and Calleigh?
    Are writers and producers going to show us development of full process?
    Or we'll be put before some facts and get sight of pair fragments from the middle of process (as were with BV)?

Are you ready to not seeing all? If I'll know, that they'll together, I ready to not see their first kiss, but to see just result and to read about this in your stories.

12. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Hey tamemyheart4692! Welcome to our party. *hands out cookies*:hugegrin:

I'll admit that I'm not the most patient person in the world, I mean I think that instant gratification takes too long for God's sake. :brickwall: BUT (please don't throw tomatoes at me) we are at the mercy of the writers and the editors here. I think that they have a definite plan for this pair. Cory wouldn't say it in an interview if there wasn't something in the works. So we just have to be patient and wait to see what's going to happen. I do think that when we get it, it's going to be something big and noticeable. :luvlove:

I'm looking forward to the episode where she finds out he's been living in the hotel. Maybe she'll invite him over to crash. ("No midnight tiptoes" *wink; wink*):p

13. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

15. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

Wow, it does look like he's holding her hand or at least that her hand is near his. I didn't notice that while watching the episode.

Welcome, tamemyheart4692! I agree, I definitely think the episode had so much E/C potential that wasn't used but who knows, mayber their saving it for something else.

Remember, the longer it takes to see something on screen, the less time the writers have to cause drama or make it end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.