Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I think the lack of E/C was disappointing, especially considering the potential this episode had for good moments.

But overall, I enjoyed the episode, and I thought Emily was great.

Although I just wanted to give her a cookie and a stiff drink at the end. Poor girl with her guilt.

2. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Thanks all for opinions about this episode. I'm very upset, b/c agree that this episode really had a huge potential for entering clearness to Eric & Calleigh relationships.
    What another story is necessary for start E and C?

3. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I think that we did get something. How many times has Calleigh admitted to anyone that she's not okay after something happened? She did tell Eric that she's wasn't fine with what happened. That was a major show of vulnerability for Calleigh, and who was she comfortable doing that with? Why, none other than Eric...

Just saying.;)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  4. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

May be so but why not have him join her in the last scene for some support or something? I was so hoping he would come through that door! Bad Cory Bad!

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This was the only good thing I saw regarding EC. Not only was she vulnerable and admitted how she was feeling but then when Ryan asked her she just said that she didn't want to talk about it. So we have two different responses to the same question. To Eric she confided her feelings and was really open to him, to Ryan she was not. I think that says a lot. I'm also willing to bet that the response she gave to Ryan would be the same one she would've given to anyone else. The one she gave Eric was the real one and I don't think she would've given it to anybody else.

As for the rest of the episode I too was dissapointed regarding EC. I expected a lot and maybe that was my problem right there. The hand thing with Eric broke my heart. It's as if she's so close to him yet so far away. He can't catch a break I'm telling you. Overall I liked the episode, but I thought there was a whole lot of EC potential wasted.

6. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

You're right. There was a LOT of potential wasted, but having said that I think that the emotional step that Calleigh took showed a whole lot about how she feels about Eric. She knows how he feels about her,and it would have been really easy for her to do what she has always done and hide her vulnerability. She didn't do that; she expressed her feelings to Eric. That was a HUGE step forward for her. :rolleyes:

One huge emotional step for Calleigh = one more "baby step" towards that kiss we keep talking about.:angel:

7. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I am in a great mood today for no apparent reason, so I'm just gonna be positive and say this: all the potential wasted in the epi is more potential for a great fic... So, I hope a lot of great writers we have here are going to get super productive and write a lot of great fics.:D

Could someone post a promo for next weeks episode, please? Does it look like a maybe-EC-episode?

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Thanks Audrey, I now feel a little bit better about last nights episode. I agree she did show some feelings to Eric when she admitted she wasn't okay, but then told Ryan she didn't want to talk about getting slapped. But on the other hand, all she did was tell Eric she wasn't okay... I do wish there had been a little more between them at the end, like Eric there for her after she spent time with the victim's body (giving her some time alone). I'm all for baby steps, but not if those baby steps come every 3 episodes and it takes us 2 seasons from now to see them finally admit to each other how they feel. I want some definite progress this season!

9. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I know how you feel. It seems as if we take a step forward and then the writers forget about E/C for 2-3 episodes. I get the impression from Cory's interview that we'll be vindicated sooner rather than later. It's hard, but we've got to be positive and enjoy these victories (no matter how small).

;)

10. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Le sigh, so we still don't have a 'pivotal scene'. This slow moving ECness is really starting to bug me.

Audrey, I see what you mean about Calleigh taking a step forwards with regards to showing her vulnerability... but I don't know. It just doesn't seem to ring true in this context. I mean, of course she wasn't okay; not even Calleigh could try and pretend that she was. Especially not in front of Eric. By the time Ryan came along and asked her, it wasn't the right time, emotionally, for a discussion about it, and we all know how professional Calleigh likes to be.

If we do take what the writers say about this being a turning point for EC, then it's got to mean that Calleigh maybe starts to feel suffocated by her guilt in later episodes. And, naturally, Eric shall be there for her. Anyone else seeing a pattern with this? It's always push and pull between these two... I want to see explosions; enough with the UST already!

11. Marija_Magdalena

There's sure a lot of us on-line at the same time. ;)

I think we should stay positive... At lease our ship is getting some attention from the writers and has a (big) chance of happening. I, too, was disappointed that there weren't any EC moments in the episode, though. They better make it up to us in the next one.

12. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I'm getting impatient myself. I swear I think that the writers are sadists and enjoy torturing us with these little moments...:rolleyes:

There are a lot of us online this morning. I guess after last night we need the reinforcement. This is our "12-Step Eric/Calleigh Support Group"

*Clears Throat*

Hello, my name is Audrey, and I'm an E/C Addict :lol:

Sorry I couldn't resist that... .

:)

13. Marija_Magdalena

I believe it's not morning for Kaz and me, though...

*stands up* Hi, my name is Marija and I'm an EC addict. *sits down*

14. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Haha, I'm just trying to avoid doing work. And, no, it's not morning. Tis just coming up for 2pm over here.

Marija, I hope the writers do make it up to us next episode, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

How hot did Eric look when he saw Calleigh get slapped by the wife?! *daydreams*

15. Marija_Magdalena

It's one hour more in Serbia... and I'm trying to avoid working as well... I'm thinking about EC to much for my well being. Tomorrow, when my philosophy professor asks me something about Tales, I'm gonna say: "I'm really sorry professor, but there's a really hot couple on CSI Miami and I really think a lot about them and I can't study. It's not my fault, it's addiction."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.