Eric/Calleigh #28: Soon To Become A Major Religion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by somethingsdont, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I don't think I can conjure up a coherent thought right now, but the interview is so optimistic! And aw, it's so true that Calleigh's more vulnerable with Eric. One of the facets I love most about their relationship is the implicit trust, that they'd do anything for each other. Personally, I don't think that holds any meaning when it comes to Jake.

Regarding the part where Emily says, "I don't think she is fully aware yet of her feelings for him," I think that when it hits her, it's going to hit her hard.

This interview was so awesome. I feel like I just fell in love with E/C all over again.

[​IMG]

Flirty Calleigh agrees.

I love this ship.

2. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

In many ways, I think Jake is a less scary choice for her. (...) I think she's less vulnerable with Jake.

For me, that says it all. Sums up everything we've been saying since Jake arrived, that he's the easy option for Calleigh - less risk for her to get hurt. Interesting now Emily's confirmed that.

Also, I have a random gift of randomness for you all. I was playing around, trying to work out how the hell to use photoshop and (of course) that involved a lot of EC images being made :lol:. Here's one, it's not a banner, not a wallpaper, not an icon... it's just... :)

A thing...

3. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Gosh...I love my dad, I don't thiink it would last long if I married someone like him :)

Without getting into the whole psychology of this entire thing, I do think Calleigh's relationship with her dad has a HUGE impact on who she dates...though it's not just Calleigh and her dad. It's what she saw from both of her parents. That's going to influence her outlook. She's really going to have to work against it if she wants any of her relationships to work. Huh...hope that made sense!

Jodie! The 'thing' is wonderful! I haven't talked to you in so long!
    Oh! I totally agree! Jake is the 'less scary' option. Well at least the canon Jake. The unknown is always scarrier than the known, and while Calleigh might be scared with Jake, she's been down that road and probably thinks she knows what to expect. I dunno...it would be kind of cool to explore the J/C past and why she got back together with him. Okay, now I'm really done.

4. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Jodie it's not a 'thing', it's a piece of art :) and it's great.

I totally love the Adam and Emily seesm to be all for the HipHugger loving hehe, and Jake being Jake, I would have thought that Calleigh knew she was geting herself into trouble dating him again, but I supoose it's less scary than the unknown with Eric? Hmm, it's making my brain actually think for once.

5. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Aww, Jodie, that's pretty! :D And how sexy does Eric look when he gets all determined and angry and has a gun? Yummy. :D

I agree with you 100%, Lucy. I don't see this being something she realizes slowly but surely. When it hits her, it's going to hit her with a force great enough to take her breath away and nearly knock her off her feet. Because right now, she's not trying to see it. She's trying as hard as she can to ignore how she feels about him, and for the moment, it's working, well, sort of. But eventually those feelings are going to get sick of being ignored and pushed down like that, and they're going to slap her in the face and force her to acknowledge them fully. She's denied it for so long that there is no easy way to back into it now. It's definitely going to hit her hard.

I feel inspired to write angsty, spoiler-inspired fic. :D Too bad it has to wait til next week. :(

6. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Goodness, where has everyone been? I was forced to physically hang out with people this weekend ;)

Oooh, inspiration is sooooo good! Can't wait.

Lucy, so I realize this is REALLY, REALLY delayed, but do you know what ep that flirty Calleigh picture is and what the context is? I've been trying to place it, but I just can't seem to do it.

7. Leela

Leela Pathologist

The cap that Lucy posted is from 6x13 - Raising Caine.
    It's the scene in which Calleigh goes from spiteful to flirty to pouty in about 2 seconds...

Here's pouty:
    [​IMG]

8. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Jodie, I love that 'thing - of which is a piece of art' that you made!

LeAnne, love your sig banner! I was a harm/mac shipper back in the good old days and I was so mad that I didn't even get to see half of the last season! I think in some ways I replaced H/M with Eric and Calleigh because they have the same type of relationship...from best friends to soul mates!

28 days before new episode.

9. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

WOW!!! So i haven't been here in forever!! I missed you guys!!

first of all i am so excited for a new episode!!! throw in the scene in the club, which i can't wait to see. i just know that Emily and Adam will make it awsome. along with the possiblilty of jealous Calleigh which might actually push her into acknowledging her feelings for Eric. finally!! i think it will be good for Eric too, he needs to try and move forward. i don't want him to become a love sick puppy.

i loved the interview with Emily!!! It made a very depressing day happy again. She is such a hip hugger!! it's good to see her support on paper.

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think it hit her to some extent when Eric was shot. She realized just how much she cares for him...at the time as a friend. So that was hit number one. The big hit (her romantic feelings for him) will be like getting hit by an emotional tidal wave or bus. Once those flood gates are open...she won't be able to close them.

I wonder what situation will make it hit her hard? Something is either going to happen to her (which at this point I would like to see more than them hurting Eric again) or Eric (which would be cliched) that is going to make her wake up. Like I said, I think we saw a little hint of that when he was shot.

11. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Oooh, something happening to Calleigh would be a good idea! I know we've talked about this before, but I sort of wish it didn't have to be a big life-changing experience to get Calleigh to realize, but alas...maybe jealous Calleigh is all it will take (here's hoping!)

Brooke, long time no see! Welcome back :D

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I did, today while I was at work...wrote 2 little one shot stories as a matter of fact. For whatever reason, lately I seem to be getting creative while I'm at work.

Here
    and
    And here

I think Calleigh's feelings for Eric will hit her hard when she sees him with another woman. Maybe not at first, but perhaps as he starts to date this woman. She'll be acting strange toward him, and he'll confront her...she'll blurt out that she doesn't want him dating her, he'll press her for why...and she'll be forced to admit that she's in love with him...of course, with a lot of hemming and hawing about why she doesn't want him to date this particular woman, or any other woman. At least...that's how I see it going ;).

13. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

That article made me feel soooooo much better. Been a bad couple of days. I really got to visit this thread more often.

Question for all of you: If you could re-write a scene between Eric & Calleigh other than the 'almost kiss' what would it be and what would you change? It has to be a pre-existing moment. For instance, the hospital scene in 'Man Down'. Dont have it be a scene like when Jake kissed Calleigh and Eric saw and switch the guys around. Even though it sooooooo would have been better that way! ;) And to make it harder dont have them end up in bed! Well try at least. :devil: ;):D

14. Nora_73

Nora_73 Hit and Run

Mornin' everybody!

Jennifer, thank you so much for your two fluffy fics. They were fun to read (I reviewed them separately).

About the rewriting of a scene; actually, I loved all of the EC scenes so far except those which had Jake in them. So I'd have probably kill that character off before he had to chance to harm EC.
    In Kill Switch, I would change the scene that has Calleigh on the cellphone with Jake. Maybe she wore that smile, because she just told him to f*** somebody else, because she already got her share from Eric. :D :devil:

xxNora

15. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

If I had to rewrite a scene, it would have been that one at the end of last night's episode where Calleigh & Jake held hands, smiling at each other. In MY rewrite, it would have been Eric and Calleigh! Yeah...I know, the rewrite question is about rewriting a scene with Eric & Calleigh, not Jake and Calleigh, but it's the first thing that popped into my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.