Eric and Calleigh #39-Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by ladyhunter, Oct 10, 2011.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Come back to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The heart doesn't lie

5.9%
  3. Without you, I am not me

5.9%
  4. Broken Promises

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every rose has its thorn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mr. & Mrs. Delko

5.9%
  7. I found you a new boyfriend

11.8%
  8. Let's get back together

5.9%
  9. Our love will never die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Let's have a fresh start

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

41.2%
  12. New beginnings, Happy Endings.

23.5%
  13. True Love Will Prevail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Love Will Lead You Back

5.9%
  15. You're Where I Belong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Never give up hope

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

lol, that's exactly how it seems it's been since about what, season six? How long have they supposedly been giving us closure? Resolution? Anything? At this point, I don't believe anything any of the showrunners say (unless it's negative for us, lol, but that's just me being my glass-half-empty self ;) ) because it never happens. And that is what upsets me. You don't keep viewers by promising things that never happen. How about not running mouths and actually surprising us with things that DO happen instead of getting our hopes up for nothing? I don't get it at this point. I just don't. Like Jacks said, it's a no-win situation for everybody because (a) EC shippers don't get anything but hype, and (b), other fans end up having the rest of the show overshadowed by that hype because it never stops.

I think there is definitely a reason why this has been going on for so many seasons. It's just that I'm not sure the writers know what that reason is right now. I don't think they really know what they want to do with EC in the end - have them together, or keep them apart as friends. I think personally, the friends angle would be kind of unrealistic at this point - they were always great as friends before, but I think they've crossed a point in their relationship that makes it impossible to go back to being solely that. I think no matter what they did to move on, there would still be at least residual feelings on the surface, and deeper ones hidden underneath that. I don't think what is between EC is something that goes away.

I don't know what to make of the whole Eric & Elisabeth situation. I don't like it, I know that much. I don't like it at all. Even if it's not romantic, not sexual (which I'm not 100% convinced it won't be at some point), I'm picking up on plenty of warning signs there. Sure, he wants to help her, that's Eric, that's what he does. Feels a lot like he's getting too close to this though. A bit too involved, if you will. I think it was Jacks that said this too, but this would be an interesting moment for Calleigh to get involved. Look out for him, because he's gotten himself in trouble plenty of times before because he's gotten too close to someone that he was innocently trying to help (when he got beat up in season 2 comes to mind). I think this could all be interesting if they play Calleigh right - if they have her watching him as closely as I think she should be watching him, worrying about him, etc.

2. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Yeah...Eric does have a habit of getting in a little deep when he helps people. It's like he just wants to be there, to help people, and then the whole thing just completely blows up in his face. He definitely needs to be more careful, but, having said that, it's definitely an admirable quality. As frustrated as Calleigh is at times with his need to help people, I can't help but think she loves him even more for that...but maybe I'm just being romantic...

Of course, that part might be the ultimate catalyst for this whole ordeal. I mean, a huge part in Eric and Calleigh breaking up the first time was his involvement with Sharova because he wanted to (huge surprise) help him out of a bad spot. Maybe this is their way of kind of bringing it full circle. Maybe we'll see it hit the fan in some way with him trying to help Eliz(s)abeth. So maybe he'll be helping her and somehow it comes back to O'Shay or in the news or results in an investigation into the lab (or something like that). I could see an epic blowout with that whole thing. Even if Calleigh knows in her heart that Eric would never become involved with a Eliz(s)abeth in any way beyond trying to help her turn her life around, she's going to have that inkling of doubt coupled with exasperation with his compulsive need to save people. I could see it all culminating in a great deal of yelling/crying/accusations. I just hope it ends with them making up and moving forward.

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I also think that Eric's involvement with Elizabeth is going to blow up in his face. Just the fact that Navaro knows about the relationship and Eliz didn't do as Navaro told her to by covering for him...I can hear the "boom" from here. Right now, I think Eric is hurting over the mess with his relationship with Calleigh and he's just looking for a way to feel better about himself and Elizabeth was right there. I do not now or will I ever believe that is sexual. And even though Eric has used sex in the past as a way to deal with a loss (Toothing-Speed) and I know Calleigh isn't dead, but it's a loss he feel deeply, I don't think he would go there. It would make him look like a pig and it would not earn him any points with Calleigh.

I also think that eventually Calleigh is going to find out about Eric and Elizabeth. Jacks, I think it was you that said you got the feeling that Eric and Eliz were being watched, I got that feeling too. If they were indeed being watched, you know that pics could surface and I can see them ending up in Calleigh's hands. Or Eliz ends up dead and Eric's involvement with her comes to light. I want Calleigh to confront him and I want him to confront her about the kiss (if we see it), I want tears, declarations of love......You're not the only romantic, Jacks. I just want this back and forth BS to be over. And all I have to say to TPTB, it better have been worth the wait.

I hope this makes sense, sometimes I have a tendency to ramble.

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi all,
    It's very quiet recently in Hiphuggerland but no wonder since we don't get anything to discuss...I begin to wonder if the EC thing will be addressed this season at all...I mean I believe that scene
    where Eric finds out that Cal has a boyfriend didn't happen yet? And it's just few epis left...

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think that's in episode 12, the first one we'll get in January. If it even happens. In the one hand I want it to happen just to have something that addresses their relationship, but in the other one ugh :scream:. That's not what I want for them at all.

I wanted to mention a scene from Crowned (and yes I'm grasping at straws here). There was a moment when Calleigh and Ryan realized that the little girl Tori was also a target and she called Eric. She asked him "what do I always say when it comes to children?" and he quickly answered "trust no one". I just liked how he immediately knew what she was talking about because they know each other so well. It was something really minor, but minor is all we are getting if anything so...

6. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

Nativity17...I instantly picked up on that! I know at this point we're grasping at straws but I guess when you want something bad enough you'll grab onto anything that gives you a glimmer of hope!

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

8. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Sorry but this ship isn't so much broken to me but now completely destroyed and I'm now wiping the burnt, collapsed pile of debris away and taking it to the TV landfill. :( Ten years thrown away is enough for me.

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi everyone,

I have a question...what was it about this scene with Eric/Ryan and Sam(and the infamous bracelet)? Did Eric seemed a bit interested in her? Did Cal and Eric had any scenes in 'Friendly Fire'? or nothing worth mentioning? if someone posted those scenes on YT I'd love to see the link...:)

10. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I don't think Eric is interested at all, he's just a nice guy. He knows Ryan likes her and Eric was very nice how he handled the bracelet, Ryan and Sam. I think it's all good.

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I have now seen the episode...not a fan of these scenes, just like I'm not a fan of CSI Miami in general recently. Why does it always have to be Eric that flirts with new girls? I know it's Ryan who is really interested in her, but couldn't Eric at least look like he still had Calleigh in mind? There was a bit of continuity when he mentioned his relationship with Natalia, but it would be nice if Ryan asked about him and Calleigh(but maybe he knows more than us about that break-up, lol).
    Anyway have they dropped the whole Eric-Elisabeth, Caleigh - new boyfriend thing?Anyone knows?

12. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I really didn't see anything flirty with Eric and Sam last night. For me, he was just welcoming Sam to the team and was merely teasing Ryan. I am glad though that Eric told Sam that it was really from Ryan. It shows that Delko has matured and that his heart still belongs to a certain blonde CSI.

I think Eric seeing Calleigh kissing a guy is still coming though I think it will be on Ep. 14- but that is pure speculation.Elizabeth will be back in Episode 16 so let's see what happens.I just hope that this drama will bring EC back together.

I am getting frustrated on waiting to see these spoilers on the show. Why can't they just tell us straight if it's still happening or not. But what can we do really except stretch our patience a bit more and wait. :(

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Just read that in the new episode Adam wrote and will be directing there will be lots of scenes with Eric and Calleigh. I wonder what he'll write about them? Maybe he can finally do something definitive with them. First episode he wrote Emily was still very absent because of just giving birth so this time it'll be different since she can have more screentime. We'll see...

14. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I read those spoilers too...however
    I don't get excited. There is nothing in the spoilers that would indicate romantic character of those scenes and we've had plenty EC working scenes this season. I couldn't care less about them. I also wonder whether it's the writer who decides about important things in the show - e.g. breaking up some couples and them being back together or is that someone else, eg.producer. Probably Adam would like to write something for us, hiphuggers, but not sure he will be allowed.:confused:

15. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I can't believe that there's no post yet about the EC scene tonight!:confused:

Oh my God! Don't you think that scene they have is very promising? I think Eric was really concerned. And they touched!!! :luvlove:

Call me delusional but I am still hopeful that they will eventually get back together.