Eric and Calleigh #39-Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by ladyhunter, Oct 10, 2011.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Come back to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The heart doesn't lie

5.9%
  3. Without you, I am not me

5.9%
  4. Broken Promises

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every rose has its thorn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mr. & Mrs. Delko

5.9%
  7. I found you a new boyfriend

11.8%
  8. Let's get back together

5.9%
  9. Our love will never die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Let's have a fresh start

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

41.2%
  12. New beginnings, Happy Endings.

23.5%
  13. True Love Will Prevail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Love Will Lead You Back

5.9%
  15. You're Where I Belong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Never give up hope

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Ok, based on spoilers from the season finale: Is there a disappointment for hiphuggers? Did O'Brien did it again? No solution for us? Still limbo as it comes to their relationship?
    I don't blame fand for abandoning this ship. I feel less and less drawn to it because of the bad writing :/ Don't get me wrong - I love this couple and probably always will, but CSI Miami has very little meaning to me at the moment. EC is the only thing that made me follow and as a faithful fan I feel let down with that ending. I mean, that's based on reviews from Sunday's episode. I will watch it and then will know for sure.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think you'll be dissapointed kala. At least I was. Still nothing definitive. Yes, Eric did a very nice and sweet thing for Calleigh. Yes, it's obvious they have feelings for each other. Yes, the kids will probably bring them closer given the fact that Eric is the one in whom Calleigh confided and Eric was there for her. But that's it. Nothing more besides that. They are still not together, we got a PHONE CALL as a way of Calleigh thanking Eric, and we may never get anything else if they show gets cancelled. So meh.

3. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Man...here I come out of lurkdom again. Yeah...there was really nothing in the way of EC. They had a few really cute scenes, but I'm not going to lie, I had really hoped that things would turn out differently. I honestly thing there would have been a lot more that could be done had things gone the other way...but that's just me.

I guess we're still fixing what should be broken...

4. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I found "Habeas Corpse" to be a pretty underwhelming episode, both as a season (& possibly, series) finale, as well as from an E/C romance standpoint. Some of the spoilers made it sound like Eric was going to make some kind of grand romantic declaration or gesture. Thank goodness I take Dube and O'Brien's so-called "sneak-peeks" with a HUGE grain of salt, because what we ended up getting fell far short of the E/C spoilers. :rolleyes: Granted, what Eric did was very sweet, but quite frankly, it wasn't much different from what anyone on the tightly-knit CSIM team would've done to help Calleigh in that situation. After you've worked together as long and as closely as those guys have, of course you'd put your life on the line for your partner, and you'd have their back when they need you. So Eric saying this to the adoption caseworker doesn't necessarily have any romantic connotation. If anything, in my view, it put Eric & Calleigh right back in the "Friend Zone," where they are colleagues who respect and care about each other, but aren't in love.

It's such a shame that the CSIM show-runners had to go and ruin a good thing between Eric & Calleigh, which was years in the making. :scream: And, at this point, I don't see them resurrecting the romance, even if the show goes on for another season or 2. The way I look at it, if the writers had really wanted to repair the abrupt split between Eric & Cal, this past season would've been the time to do it. They totally missed the boat, and I don't think they're going to revisit the relationship next season, when memories of the E/C romance have faded even further. Of course, I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think I will. I guess I've become a bit pessimistic after one-too-many let-downs regarding our couple. :( Oh well, there's always fan fiction! :)

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

So I guess that's it for CSI Miami...:( I feel saddened even though I saw it coming. But I'm angry that after so many years of constant back and forth they didn't give the EC a happy ending. If they did, I would be a happy shipper.

6. ciuchino

ciuchino Victim

So that's it. I think it doesn't suck completely. At least there's no unhappy ending.
    It's obvious that E and C will be back together very soon. No evidence against that.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It's like the end of an era! ;) My consolation is that it could've ended worse. At least we have good moments which we can re watch and it's a couple that actually went canon. I'm sad that even though there was plenty of time during the past years the writers chose to keep dragging it on instead of committing to the relationship. So long Eric and Cal!!

8. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Well, like ciuchino said, at least we didn't get an unhappy ending for Eric & Calleigh. From the season (and series) finale, it was clear that they are both still very close and have feelings for each other. So the door was left open for a future romance. Bummer that we E/C fans won't ever get to see it, but at least it wasn't them putting a nail in the coffin of their relationship. I think the show-runners suspected that CSIM might get cancelled after this season, so the writers made sure to end things on a positive note for E/C and for the team in general.

The only reason I really ever visited Talk CSI was because of CSIM, and specifically, E/C. Now that CSIM is off-the-air, I guess I'll bid farewell to this forum and to my fellow Hiphugger-shippers. It's been a great ride -- though a bit angsty at times -- which I enjoyed sharing with all of you. Peace out! :)

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yes, I will miss you guys too! I'm actually tempted to write my first EC fan fiction - I might do it very soon. I'll post the link here so I hope you'll enjoy it. That will be my goodbye with CSI Miami and my favourite tv couple(it was the only couple I actually shipped on telly, my other favourite was Frank&Rachel from 'The Bodyguard'. Years ago, but I still ship them).
    I doubt that I'll find another such hot couple soon...I'm not looking for it nd I hardly ever watch tv, so...
    But it was great to know you guys! All the best!!

10. ciuchino

ciuchino Victim

I would enjoy your fiction. Post that link.

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Make sure to post it in the Fanfiction forum

Not in Shipper Central please

Thanks and Happy Shipping :)