Eric and Calleigh #39-Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by ladyhunter, Oct 10, 2011.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Come back to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The heart doesn't lie

5.9%
  3. Without you, I am not me

5.9%
  4. Broken Promises

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every rose has its thorn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mr. & Mrs. Delko

5.9%
  7. I found you a new boyfriend

11.8%
  8. Let's get back together

5.9%
  9. Our love will never die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Let's have a fresh start

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

41.2%
  12. New beginnings, Happy Endings.

23.5%
  13. True Love Will Prevail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Love Will Lead You Back

5.9%
  15. You're Where I Belong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Never give up hope

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

This spoiler will probably happen on Episode 8 and sadly they have finished filming this episode already.But who knows they might see all the negative comments and decide to delete these scenes. I am speculating here but I don't think that we will even see Calleigh kiss the guy. I think Delko will just mention this when he confronts Calleigh.

2. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Hopefully, it will have the same faith as that much-anticipated EC bench scene which we never got :lol:.
    Can't believe the writers would go that route again! :rolleyes:

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Needlees to say but still : I completely agree and support D&D

1 if there was ever any reason to call this romance soap - opera - rish...then this storyline is bringing straws to the fire
    2. if there was ever - in my book - a reason for never ever again to watch Miami. Then this storyline might be it.
    3. WHY put soooo much drama into a story line that divides the fanbase so much? Why not give the hiphuggers a few moments every season keep that side happy and then a horatio girl -friend or two ??

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi guys, it's been quiet here recently. I just read the spoilers for episode 12 in the main Spoiler Lab:
    There is a scene where Ryan encourages Delko to thank a lab tech Samantha Owens (we see her in Episode 7 & 8) for saving his life. He loans Delko a gift to give to Samantha.

Hmm...exactly. I know that Eric is supposed to be getting involved with a girl from episode 4:scream:, however I don't like that fragment and the fact that this actress is someone who is new in CSIM(unless I'm wrong), very attractive and of course must save Delko's life. Plus she is in more then one episode. Do I read too much into this? :confused: Or maybe I got it wrong and it's Ryans life that was saved and Delko thanks her on behalf of Ryan? i'm confused.:confused:

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yes I read that and I feel just the same way you do. I'm not happy about this storyline and it definitely does not help the dislike I feel toward Ryan. I don't know who exactly she saves but I do know that I hope this gets scrapped. Ryan should just mind his own business. We saw the girl in last night's episode. Yeez can't they just have Ryan involved with her or Walter. Why Eric?

Anyway, last night... no romantic EC scenes. Shocker right? They did have a working scene which, like I wrote in the episode thread, I did like very much because it felt very natural. She left him a message and they worked out on figuring out a tatoo. They just bounced ideas off each other and I liked how it played out. Nothing much besides that.

6. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I loved the scene with Eric and Calleigh last night, this is what I missed last season. They have a great working dynamic and chemistry; with it missing last year, the season was just flat for me. Even with all the spoilers about what's down the road for these two, I am still very positive about them. After all if TPTB didn't yank our chains a little, ok a lot, we'd be be disappointed. When I see it, I'll believe it!

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Totally agree!

So if the new tech girl Samantha in the one Natalia gets fired, how is she later on coming back to save someone's life? Unless they send her back to graveyard shift and it's not firing per se. Here's how it should play out: Natalia gets her fired, and she disappears into the black hole of lab techs in Miami land and stays away from Eric lol. That way the storyline just gets dropped.

Also Eric's life is going to be in danger again?? What happens now? What else *could* happen to him? Poor Eric, my goodness. I really dislike this lab tech storyline, especially since Ryan is involved rubbing in his nose.

8. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Okay guys, I realize that I'm like lurker extraordinaire here, but in light of spoilers and last night's episode and whatnot, I think it might be time to consider rallying the troops. First thing, the spoilers suck. They're vague and confusing, and no matter how much speculation we do, nothing is going to make any sense until we see the actual episode (and even then, it probably won't mean much at all). Personally, I like to think that the whole Eric and the prostitute thing is innocuous from where Eric stands. I'm fairly certain that his main aim is to help her. It really doesn't seem like he wants to get her into bed or start a relationship with her (with that said however, I suppose we couldn't put it past them to make Elizabeth a transgender prostitute whom Eric decides he's madly in love with and would really like her to change back into a man because he suddenly changes his sexual orientation...) But I digress. I don't think that's where it's leading. At the very least, it's going to be something along the lines of her making a move (or something like that) and him realizing that he's gone too far. That all he wanted to do was help her and he does care for her, but not in a romantic way. Or maybe all of those long shots they did in the episode last night were someone watching the exchange which gets back to Calleigh or another team member and serves as a catalyst for whatever is going to happen between Calleigh and Eric.

I realized last night as I was thinking about what the writers might do that that isn't actually the main problem with the EC relationship right now. The biggest problem (from where I'm standing) is the lack of EC support. Anyone (lurker or not) can see that the EC forums have become increasingly quiet has the writers have gone back and forth and back and forth with all of the crap and drama. It's really unfortunate, because I could see people mistaking the lack of of conversation as a lack of interest and abandonment of the ship, but I don't think that's true. I think, more than anything, what it is is a great deal of frustration with the whole situation and difficulty finding things to say and do when there isn't much fodder. I don't think the people in this ship are fair weather fans by any means, but it is difficult to find things to say and talk about when there isn't much there. Anyone who goes to ff.net can see the marked decrease in EC fics, and that's really sad. Between here and there, it seems like we're falling off the grid. I know that EC has a huge following (my understanding is that it's one of the biggest of all of the ships in all of the franchise), but everyone is so quiet right now.

I say all this because I think it's time to do something about the whole thing. As a group, we need to find ways to make this place and ff.net alive again. I think some brainstorming is definitely in order I don't know for sure what all we can do, but one idea might be a fic challenge or something like that.

So...anyone have ideas?

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Jacks, beautifully said. Well done. I do agree with you in many points. Here is what it looks like from my point of view:
    I feel disappointed and let down. I feel now, that Emily is back full time there is simply no reason to keep that relationship in limbo. Yet that's whats happening I don't know why and it's frustrating. I don't even feel like posting here anymore as I lose hope something will ever change. Hiphuggers have been complaining whole last season and this season too and nothing is changing, it's like CBS doesn't care. All they do is to provoke us by these interviews with O'Brien, TV Guide articles, even this last Facebook photo had Eric facing someone with blond hair(I think it could have been that Elisabeth, but I might be wrong), in promos there is always shown an EC scene. It's like they are telling us: 'We will give you your EC moments soon...NO, JUST KIDDING!haha.' That's what gets me.
    I came to the point that if there is no EC I don't really care if ratings are worse(but they are) or if show gets cancelled. I only watch episodes where there is some EC moment.
    There wasn't such moment from last season's premiere.
    Anyway, I will not see this epi for sure, too painful seeing Eric involved with someone else. I bet this scene with Cal kissing a guy didn't happen too...

10. biggtex101

biggtex101 Civilian

kala79 and Jacks;I totally agree with both of you,but what are we wiliing to do in order to keep EC together? I say we get a petition going ,send it to Ms.Donnahoue,and let our voices signitures speak for us.I refuse to watch CSI MIAMI IF THEY ARE GOING ANOTHER ANGLE WITH ERIC AND CALLEIGH.
    I'm new to this board but ECfans if you are real fans and want to jump on this,let's strike now!Somebody get the petion started.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

From your keyboard to tptb's ears!!! I really hope this is what happens. The scene didn't feel to me like they were involved or about to fall into a romantic relationship. What it did feel to me was like tptb wanted us to think they were. That makes me mad. Like they just threw that out there to make us think there's something going on. However, like Jacks, I do believe there's not much to it, at least from Eric's side.

There are lots of hiphuggers missing right now, especially in this board. Some because of the back and forth from the writers when it comes to the relationship and others because of the negativity towards the relationship that at times gets to be quite offensive here. It's sad because we used to be a pretty big bunch. Do I have hopes that they get their happy ending? I do. Do I really still care enough about the show after all this jerking around, no I don't. I really do wish for this to be the last season so I don't have to keep watching and waiting. Sadly I like EC that much.

12. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Unfortunately, I don't know that a petition will do much. I know there's an address for the studio that we could use to write to them and let them know our feelings and that we are still interested. It's hard to know what will make any sort of headway though...

13. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I am so glad to see that some hiphuggers are coming out of the woodwork to voice out their frustration about EC.
    A lot of us who hang out at the EC thread over at the CBS forum did a campaign before the end of last season and all throughout the summer- passed a petition, send regular feedbacks to CBS, tweets, sending letters and even a package with some EC fan made art, videos and fanfiction and a letter to Ann Donahue. I even posted the petition link here and on some popular EC fan made videos in YouTube. There is also a huge EC twitter group and we regularly tweet CBS about EC.

Anyway, we were ecstatic when TV Guide posted their interview with Mr. O'Brien saying that EC will be addressed on the Season 10 premiere. Well, you already know what happened, not only was the scene deleted but they seem to forget about EC entirely. A lot of the fan base in Twitter were outraged to the point that everything got out of hand with one of the show's cast.

I guess a lot of EC fans either jumped ship or some just lost hope and stopped watching the show. I really don't know what to do anymore- for my part and I can speak for the others - have really tried but I'm afraid the showrunners stopped listening to their fans.:( If anyone has any concrete idea on what to do I will definitely support it.

On the other hand, I still see a silver lining behind that huge dark cloud. We will see them back together eventually but the question is when.

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I haven't given up hope! I still send feedbacks to CBS on a regular basis; letting them know that I'm NOT giving up on E/C and they need to get there heads out of their asses and fix the colossal mess they made of the E/C ralationship. I know it prabably falls on deaf ears but hey, it makes me feel better.

I feel we are going get our E/C back but we know TPTB are going to take the long way around to our happy ending. And even though some fans are pissed because TPTB are making it look like Eric is involved with Elizabeth but as I said before, he isn't having a sexual relationship her, he is trying to help her. But if TPTB are taking the time to create drama there is a reason behind it. Think about last season, we had nothing with E/C after episode 2, hell they were barely on screen together, but this year we have drama and that, to me, is a good sign. Grated, it is getting very, very, very old because after all it's only been going for 5 years, but if it gets E/C back together I can take it.

15. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

You know, I feel bad for the EC shippers because we've waited so long for this and they just keep jerking us around. That said, I also feel bad for the people who either don't ship anyone or the anti EC shippers because they have to deal with all the back and forth too. It's understandable that they're sick of it and don't like it.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think Eric and Elizabeth are romantic or sexual. I think it's the writers trying to jerk everyone around even more even though it's completely benign. But your'e totally right, drama is a good sign. Now it had better lead somewhere.

In the meantime, I think we should do something to fix the fic problem. Fic challenge, anyone?