Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hey AJ!
    Glad to see you back here:)
    I've already uploaded SCs from several episodes & I'll PM you the link after a few more posts.

I am still very positive about E/C's future.
    There will be bumps along the way but in the end I'm quite certain that we'll get a happy ending.
    As of right now i don't think they will pair Calleigh up with someone else least of all with Jesse. I would like to believe that after all she's been through with regards to her love life, that she has learned her lesson to not get involve with another guy she works with.
    I also believe that in her heart she knows Eric is the ONE!

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Goodmorgning all and RHEE:)

Nice to hear the strip is comming....I have given it some thought.
    My disappointment is based on longtimeviewing. I had hoped show - writers and characters had mature more. But I forgot that writers changed constantly and show has gone back to their roots and charcaters are at the mercy of the writers. So ratings is my friend now....If they drop I bet we have a high poss. of Eric returning to a more permanent status

3. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

You know it's a sombre period in hiphuggerland when even Aj has only a few words to say :guffaw:
    The key is not to get our hopes up too high and enjoy whatever is thrown in our way :rolleyes: ! It's sad, I know; and lately I've been wondering why I put myself through this kind of emotional rollercoaster. Why couldn't I watch a show where the characters are not so restricted in expressing their feelings? The answer is simple: there's only one E/C ! I LOVE the Eric & Calleigh relationship! I love it so much that, for now, it outweighs my feelings of frustration. However, I don't know what will happen after season 8. If Adam's gone and things between E/C are not resolved properly (hot kisses and love scenes, marriage proposal and babies), I will stop watching the show. As much as I LOVE EP, I will not devote my Monday nights to CSIM. I'll probably drop in here once in a while to see when/if there are any developments in the E/C storyline.

Ok, back to focusing on the power of positive thoughts: WE WILL GET OUR HAPPY ENDING!

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

You know it's a sombre period in hiphuggerland when even Aj has only a few words to say :guffaw:As if :p;). I was just trying to leave space for someone else to keep this tread going.:)

1. I agree with you D&D ...The key is not to get our hopes up too high and enjoy whatever is thrown in our way - Storylinewise it would not make sense to have Eric popping in conversation all time. So the rest of the epi untill Eric return is Jesse, Walter, Horatio and Ryan. A bit Call and Nat. And that is it. Upcomming might have someone asking Call but she shouldn´t say a thing as promised to Eric.....So that will be that. I read in other treads that thoose guys are doing well and have great banter. Which is back to basics. Some Speedlefans have even returned to posting so.....But at this point I think the hype of the kiss might work to our advantage.
    Starting any lovestorylines now besides Horatios annual thing is going to be tricky. Avarage fan might have to much to compare with -as to buildt-up and I still belive fans are not ready in invest in any characters beisdes H as to love. Just this half of the season. Next year might or might bring changes to that. But before that happens Eric will have had his first pop,´. Writers - please- make it a good one for hiphuggers.

But there is a lot of work going on behind hiphuggertread as to slide and vid. I hope the creators will let us know when it is time to watch.

From the review:

Still, I can’t help but feel like Delko’s answer to Calleigh’s “why?” is a cop out. “A lot of reasons” doesn’t tell her or the audience what’s going on in his head. Nor does his non-answer when she asks “What about you and me?” Viewers have invested a lot in these two as a couple, and the show built up to them getting together for a significant amount of time. The audience–and Calleigh–deserve some sort of answer. Emily Procter plays this scene very well; Calleigh has moments of vulnerability, but at the end of the day, she’s a strong woman and she’s survived a lot. This isn’t going to break her either–but it’s definitely making her sad.
    Her comment that “CSI’s not the only game in town” can be read either way, really. It can be a dismissal–leaving the job isn’t a big deal, there are other opportunities and it doesn’t have to affect them or rock their world. Or it can be seen as an acknowledgement that he’s moving on and it’s not the end of the world. Given their perfunctory kiss after the talk and her sad look as he walks away, I suspect it’s the latter, but it would have been nice to get a little more clarity here. Relationships are not the CSI franchise’s strong suit–often the characters talk around things real people would be more direct about. Calleigh’s direct question about them is believable, but his lack of an answer and her acceptance of that is a little less so. But then, sometimes no answer really is an answer.

Thanks Kristine.....IT WAS A COP OUT. And sorry fellow fans but Kristine sees it as a break-up like me.

Faylinn sees it your way:I'm curious to see what else we get before Adam Rodriguez leaves the show for good - I am definitely not convinced that's it for Eric and Calleigh.

Now I will leave you and give someone else some space as my president says I talk to much.....:) TAKE CARE AJ

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  5. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

It is sombre..... but I still have my hopes up.

What episode do you guys think he
    will be back ? Ep 11?

6. Cbelle98

Cbelle98 Victim

Okay, here's my two cents on the did they or didn't they break up...

I honestly believe that they are still together. I took Calleigh's comment of "I guess CSI isn't the only game in town" to be an acknowledgement that Eric has other career options in and ties to (ie Calleigh) Miami. And just because he's leaving CSI doesn't mean he's going to leave Miami or Calleigh. And then Eric's gentle "Like I said you know me to well" to be a confirmation that the two are on the same page.

I mean seriously don't you think that if it was a break-up that Calleigh and Eric would be more upset. I think Calleigh had tears in her eyes because she realizes that its the end of an era so to speak with her and Eric getting to work side by side. If it was a break-up I think she would have been more emotional. I know Calleigh isn't one to wear her emotions on her sleeve but come on she's not a robot! And then there's Eric...he has never been one to shy away from showing his emotions but there he was smiling at Calleigh and reassuring her. I'm sorry the tone of the scene just didn't translate into a break-up for me.

Plus don't we have a spoiler somewhere out there that has Jesse talking to Calleigh and him mentioning that he was sorry he didn't get to work with Eric. And then he asks her if Eric leaving was a good thing and Calleigh replies with a smile "I think so." For me that just cements the fact that they're still together and taking the time to get their relationship back on track and now that they no longer work together they can be more open in their relationship. That's my hope anyways.

Well, I think I've blathered on long enough. This might be more than two cents worth!!

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that scene left a lot of room for interpretation. I mean come on writers, would it kill you to just be blunt for once and have the characters say what they mean and not talk in riddles!!!

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Well said, and I agree with all of it. I think Kristine missed the boat in her review, I don't think she saw what we saw in that scene.

When I read comments about the episode on Facebook and other places, where people actually think Eric & Calleigh broke up I wonder to myself if they were watching the same episode I saw. I can see being confused at first, but when you watch the scene again, really think about it and how Eric and Calleigh would react if there was a breakup, you'd come to the conclusion that they are still together. Like you said, if Eric had been breaking up with Calleigh, both would have been more upset... Eric would've had a sad look on his face, more sad than he'd had earlier in the episode when he was sitting on that couch... but he was smiling. Granted it wasn't the normal knee-weakening smile he usually gives Calleigh, but thats attributable to the day he'd had and his decision to quit the MDPD. A man that is breaking up with the woman he's loved for a few years does NOT smile. And as for Calleigh, if that had been a breakup, she wouldn't have been smiling either.

8. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I believe we will see Adam back in Episode 10, he tweeted the other day that he would be back filming in LA on Nov 3rd. If my calculations are correct they will be filming ep.10.
    Also I want to point out that Delkolover gave us some spoilers over in reference stating that she saw everyone mentioned in the tenth episode.
    As for Kristine's review, I just re-read it, and I actually have to agree with you guys, I think she kind of missed the boat. And I do not think they broke up, it was def more of "end of a era."
    I really enjoy seeing all the new episodes, but after waiting the entire summer (somewhat) to see what happens to Eric, I feel like things are moving too fast.

9. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I read the spoiler you're mentioning, but didn't get the impression that by "everyone" Delkolover meant the episode included Delco also. I think the best way is to go to the "other" site... and check the casting calls around or slightly before Nov 3rd. I think we have a better chance of getting the right episode number that way.
    Yeah, Kristine completely missed the boat :rolleyes:! Did she not hear Eric tell Cal "Let's not tell..." instead of "pls don't tell...", or the way he smiled at her and then kissed and hugged her? Why would he do that if he wanted to leave her? Without a doubt, they're still very much in love. The writers just want to keep everybody in suspense, and give E/C more material to work with, since Adam still has 7 more epis to film.
    I'm kind of glad next week's a rerun, cause it means one less hiphuggerless episode till Adam's back shooting a new one!

Aj, I'm familiar with Kristine, but not Faylinn... who's she? BTW, I miss reading your posts :(, they always put a big smile on my face :hugegrin:

10. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

I totally agree... despite Eric's silence his expression speaks volume, same with Calleigh. If they had broken up I feel that Eric would have a more guilty or sorry look. I watch it so many time just to see the look on their faces;) I just hope that in the coming episodes we'll get a confirmation even if its Eric-less.

Hello

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I watched 8.05 and I must say that I liked the EC moments. Yes, it would be much better if the writers gave us a make up session, but this was okay, too.
    They are still together (I'm convinced) and they will be OK. That sweet kiss and hug were really, really nice and I can't wait for Eric to be back. I'm sure that we'll get something then. ;)

12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:guffaw::guffaw:If there is one person that can get me in here by just being the nice kind person she is:thumbsup:. Then it is you D:)

Faylinn is the fan that posted by/at the review. I don´t know her, but she often comments on the Miami reviews. She is not HH clan but a Ryan --I think ----

Hey! check out my avatar....LOL ....Is that just typically me?:guffaw::guffaw: Getting a avatar, when we are at a hold in storyline.....And I had to get that scenecap of all the scenecaps out there ( I am not trying to rub salt in. It was just the first one I found.)--- Ahh thoose were the days. Miami was serving something nice yum - yum for me.;).....Just the pic. starts the 4. fanfic by AJ.

Eric: Call ..this could be the start of something beautiful.
    Call: I don´t know....-signs -
    Eric: Why deny this? He kisses her....
    The End

I completly agree with nwolfson22. It is going way to fast. Granted the whole "Contract - noncontract" thing happened during the summerbreak....but there was so many other ways they could have played it.
    When Ann intervined ....They could have keept him going for 1 or 2 episode and then have had the 8. 05 scenes be in 8.03. EXIT ERIC.

NOTE JUST SPECULATION comming up:

Adam says: I like XXXX (and as someone said: if it was a moneyissue why hire 2 newbies)
    CBS goes: NO ! and CBS to writers: Let´s kill him off.

Adam goes to Ann and Ann goes to CBS. Eric is not a "KILL -OFF"

Then this 10 epi. deal araises. Sorry for the spelling

PLease don´t get your hopes up....this is just me speculating. Either CBS wanted to keep their options open or Adam wanted to keep his options open.

This however does have some importance as to storyline.....

If CBS is in control of the 10 and are planning to cut him later.....then they will try out Jesse and Walter to see if it would work. If they work and ratings does stay the same.....then we are to hope someone at CBS or writers are just as hiphuggercrazy as we to get some good EC moments. Let´s be honest: Who would use sceentime and viewercomitment(?) on a character that is leaving??? But if ratings drop....then this storyline has work for them before....so any return by Eric should - as ratings go- by linked to Call.

If Adam is in control of 10 deal....then he should have add something to commit to the deal....If Betty works out. He needs time to make it on that show and then the 10 would be a problem. Unless he has a little something - something in his contract.

AND now - D&D:) - do please remember I am speculating so....:)

If someone did want to keep their options open....then they would have left some sort of re- negotiationthingy in the deal..:thumbsup:. From Adams tweets it seems to fan -reactionbased as the end of that storyline.

If you or I were CBS. Ask yourself. WHY insist on a 10 deal to spread out over the year????

I will be back to "see" your answer on that one.:)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  13. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Aj my friend, you're back :hugegrin:! I can breathe easier now: all is good in hiphuggerland :)!
    And another great fic to add to your collection :guffaw:!
    I'm not really sure I understand your question. If you're asking if I think Adam's in control of the negotiations, then the answer is no. If you're asking if Adam`s the one who asked for the 10 episodes, then my guess is that he probably asked for at least 10. I don't think he expected losing his job when he insisted on whatever he was asking for in his contract renewal. It probably came to him as a shock. In any case, like you said, ratings play a very crucial part in this whole situation. Hence all the new characters and all the 'funny" storylines with the "three musketeers" :rolleyes:, showing that, all of sudden, everybody gets along so well :rolleyes: !
    I can tell you one thing though: this hiphugger is NOT going to help the ratings of hiphuggerless episodes ;)!

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

QUOTE=D&Daddict;1008954]Aj my friend, you're back :hugegrin:! I can breathe easier now: all is good in hiphuggerland :)!
    And another great fic to add to your collection :guffaw:!
    I'm not really sure I understand your question. If you're asking if I think Adam's in control of the negotiations, then the answer is no. If you're asking if Adam`s the one who asked for the 10 episodes, then my guess is that he probably asked for at least 10. I don't think he expected losing his job when he insisted on whatever he was asking for in his contract renewal. It probably came to him as a shock. In any case, like you said, ratings play a very crucial part in this whole situation. Hence all the new characters and all the 'funny" storylines with the "three musketeers" :rolleyes:, showing that, all of sudden, everybody gets along so well :rolleyes: !
    I can tell you one thing though: this hiphugger is NOT going to help the ratings of hiphuggerless episodes ;)![/QUOTE]

Goodmorning Clan:)

I am indeed looking forward to the first Ericpop where we should get some clarification as the our ship.
    I am torn between how far will I "alow"/grant writers to go. Let´s say 2 Ericpops without Call. interaction. They might share scenes but without lovehint....I would be so disappointed - I am left wondering - will I watch?

Hi D&D

I was thinking from a strategic point of view. Writers can either struggle to include him in season or have long term plan.
    If I was a network and had to cut an actor. I would keep him on for the "needed" time. If my "new" characters worked. Then away he goes. But this 10 epi. deal of him returning every 3 - 4 week is tricky. It will have viewers tuning in and getting disappointed. Old fans with Eric-less episodes and New fans with Eric - centric episodes.
    The begining of this season is a good exampel. 1= Eric and no Walter ( I think) 2 = Jesse and Walter and some Ryan 3 = A stab at balance but less Eric then expected and some fans must have been disappointed. 4= Jesse, Walter and Ryan 5. the same as 3.

But I don´t think this approach will get more fans pleased and staying on.
    As I have left charactercommitment and turned to storyline commitment. I for one would not be pleased with episodes like 8.01. because for me ....the characters were there but "my" storyline only brought tears. ( Calls) and that is not what I want.....I want .....You all know I would rather have a spin -off:guffaw::guffaw:.
    But which episodes so far has stayed within showframes and satisfied my lovegen? 803 ? No because we only got truce. The looks and smiles priceless but then we should move forward and NOT stay still with 805.
    "Sink and swim" kissing would be nice every 3 episode .....but we all know that will not work well with the rest of the fanbase.

I liked "All in" but that probably didn´t go well with others.

So what type of Ericpops/episodes do you see please us and dislikers? Ratings and I both agree that too little Loving is not enough loving...And you agree too I hope.

Hi Rhee

Fixed the PM for a while....PM you about scenecap....I wonder ....any ideas as to where we could get soundbits ...Perhaps even the original lines??

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  15. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello AJ!:)
    I will also be very disappointed if I don't see an EC interaction in one of Eric's pop ups but there could be a possibility of that. But if they give us a hint or any indication that EC are still together I'll probably watch though whether I do or not has no effect on the ratings whatsoever:lol:. The writers are really keeping us dangling, they leave us with questions probably for us to stay tuned to see what will happen next.

By the way AJ, I tried to send you a PM but I think you are not able to receive one anymore....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.