Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

What was up with that line about being in a game or whatever I'm so confused what did she mean and what does this mean for EC??? Episode was good but I expected better.It was kinda a eco-friendly episode you know watering the plants and recyling and all that jazz.

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Score one for me no tears...even though I came pretty close

They have to be together, you could just tell by the way he looks at her. They are still very much in love and very much together. I don't care what anyone says.

I think that Eric is thinking of taking their relationship to the next step. He was looking at that ring very closely. The whole scene between Ethan & his girlfriend reminded me of what happened when Calleigh was in the hospital. I think Eric saw the same flash of concern in that guys eyes just like he was.

Calleigh is right, life is too short and I hope that WHEN Eric comes back he comes back with a ring in his hand. They deserve that happy ending.

OH YEAH! and that was a pretty loud kiss...awww....she cried...I was gonna cry with her. Like I said, I am sure it will hit me tomorrow.

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I thought the same thing too about the whole engagement ring thing, and could very well be what made him agree with Calleigh at the end that "life's too short".

I've watched that scene over and over and I am convinced that the whole "What about you and I?", the look from Eric, and then her "I guess CSI's not the only game in town" was completely her reading him, and his answer that she should know that he's not leaving her, only CSI. Right after that, the look on his face, in his eyes, the look as he stepped toward her to kiss & hug her said the same thing. Sure wasn't the look of a man that was breaking it off.

Oh yeah... they're together. :)

4. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

^ I thought that was HUGE. And of course I forget to mention it in my own post. :lol: But yeah, I thought the whole thing with the ring was major foreshadowing. Eric did seem to be more than a little hung up on it for a good part of the episode, and now that I think about it, it really does go hand-in-hand. The boy had a ring, only to realize how short life was, and never got the chance to propose.

And now Eric, as in love with Cal as he is...if that case was enough to make him leave CSI for good, then you know it had to be enough to get him thinking about other things. Other things, i.e., the "settling down with Calleigh" he dreams about. There's no way he's not leaving that case not thinking about proposing to her, before it's too late. I think that's the big thing that we take from this - he's re-evaluating, making changes with what is important to him before time runs out.

LOL I've been gone from this place so long that I've forgotten how to quote correctly. :lol:

5. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Over all this episode was really good. The scene when Eric placed the ring on the dead girl's finger was really sad.
    As for EC moments... it left me dissatisfied. With all the promising spoiler pics ,I guess I was just expecting a lot. At least we got a quick peck. I am still confused on the status of their relationship. I feel that they were talking in riddles.:confused:

It'll be a while till we get another dose of EC moments. Oh well...I guess we'll just have to hang in there.

6. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I had the same feeling when I saw Eric watching the girlfriend in the ER
    I think he was remembering Calleigh when she was hospitalized, and empathizing with the boyfriend. I also agree that he wants to take his relationship with Cal to the next level. Just look at the way he reacted when he saw the ring, and when he went to the morgue, pulled both of them out and put the ring on her finger, kind of finishing what the guy was planning on doing, giving the unfortunate couple some closure.

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I just realized that Eric said "Let's not tell anyone about this yet...". To me that's an indication that, to him, they are still a package, a couple making a decision together, not separately. He could have said just "please don't tell anyone", but saying "Lets not tell anyone..." implies that, together, they won't tell anyone that he's leaving CSI yet. Them together as a couple, agreed not tell anyone yet.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  8. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I totally agree w ya Jennifer..

I would also like to say, "let the FF" begin on this one!! A TON of great stuff to work with. I promise to leave pos feedback, cause I am not a very good writer, otherwise, I would write. lol.

9. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

oohhhh I cant wait to watch this, so it sounds like a positive ending for hiphuggers :) yay!!!! there could still be a delko wedding in the future ;)

10. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

literally just dig around the internet and found a site that provides the whole episode! i really liked it! the crime was good and of course all the E/C scenes were adorable...

Sadly I did cry...when Eric was putting the ring on the girl's finger. It was so sad!:(:( I think this whole episode is definitely a foreshadowing of E/C's future. The boy didnt get a chace to propose to his girlfriend...'life is too short'...and Eric is not going to let that happen!AHH!!! i am excited! we might get our E/C wedding!!

the 'CSI is not the only game in town' got me thinking all morning...I hope tptb could just make one of them introduce the other one as their boyfriend/girlfriend, then we know that they ARE really together!:lol:

the loud peck was so cute! although, when Eric held Cal's face after the hug I thought he was going in for another kiss...but he didnt...
    Overall, I was pretty happy with the hiphugger scenes....any idea when Eric will appear next? cant wait!

11. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

I absolutely agree with what everyone has said so far...

Eric and Calleigh are absolutely still together! I loved the intimacy of their conversations in this episode. I liked that they weren't being covert, or distancing themselves from each other in public. The end scene was perfect, in my opinion. Calleigh clearly struggling with bringing up the conversation, like she knew what he was going to say, but didn't really want to hear it. Then his "let's not tell anyone about this...", definitely a "couple" comment. As for the "CSI's not the only game in town" remark from Calleigh, I took that as double-meaning...first, CSI's not the only job in town AND second, that E/C is definitely still on (ie. they got's game! :thumbsup:). As for the kiss and hug, I thought this was just perfect for the conversation and the setting. This wasn't the moment for a big sloppy kiss. They are at work and they are very private...I thought it was huge that they shared this much intimacy at work. Plus, the looks on their faces said so much! Even though they are still together as a couple, they've worked together for 8-9 years. Calleigh's reaction was absolutely understandable that they aren't going to be work partners any more. There's a lot of history there! As for the scenes at the end, not sure what I think of Cal and Natalia working in a community garden...especially with Cal wearing ALL BLACK in the sun! Ugh. Get the girl some casual clothes....we know she can wear them! What happened to the cute t-shirts she used to wear??? Ah well, it was a nice idea, anyway.
    Anyhow, all in all I thought it was a very well-done farewell and love that it was left absolutely open to bring Eric back as much as possible! :)

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I noticed that although there isn't a new episode next week, they are showing Smoke Gets In Your CSIs, which to me is the episode that began Eric & Calleigh's dating relationship - where they moved forward with it.

I think Jessica237was correct when she said that whole engagement ring thing with the boyfriend was big foreshadowing for the future. That would so make the entire season for me if, before Adam left the show for good, Eric brought out a ring for Calleigh.

13. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Ok..Eric...wrong finger, wrong person! My hopes were high when he was talking to Ethan (name?) about his girlfriend and getting engaged. I could see him thinking about the same thing :)

When she sat down to speak to him, I thought that was a great moment. To me it looked like they haven't had contact ever since he was cleared by IAB.. :confused: I guess they needed some space after that, but they always seem so close. You can see in Calleigh's eyes that she really missed him and want them to continue. She looked sorrowful in that scene... makes me sad to see.

but if you want to talk about sad, lets touch the locker room. I was in tears when she started to cry :( I'm glad she talked to him about them but he replied with ___________ (flatline) I didn't get it. And what did she mean when she said only game in town? Did she know what he meant? Was she talking about their relationship or another job? Some clarification please.

I don't think its the end...I wonder what will happen when he's back... will they have carried on their relationship while he's gone? TPTB always leaves these things unanswered and it confuses me more. :rolleyes:

I was happy about the kiss (although cheap, but I'll take it :lol:). I want a real one when she sees him though. I honestly think he'll be in and out and Emily will get preggers, have to leave the show, and they'll make them get married or announce the pregnancy or something.
    Ugh! Enough of my ramblings... on to the next :borg:

14. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

Just watched online.............SO SADDDDD!!! I know he'll be back now and again but still, its not the same.
    I think from that they are still together, but why cry so much when she will see him out of work?? (if they are together) i hate it when programmes leave us not 100% sure! are they or arnt they, i want to believe they are so bad but dont wanna end up dissapointed. like this isnt heart breaking enough!! GRR!!
    I hope we have all read into the ring thing correctly, we see a proposal or suddenly a ring appears on calleighs finger and she announces she marrying eric...ahhh. this is gonna be one hell of an agonising wait!
    now about to watch eppy 7.17 lol -the uks newest episode. C?E are defo together lol.

15. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I waited for this episode with mixed feelings and I have to say that I'm a little disappointed:(.
    Maybe I'm stupid, but I completly don't understand the "csi is not only game in the town" thing. I don't know what does that mean at all:confused:.
    The other thing I totally don't get is why the hell he didn't respond to her question about them:scream:. Yeah he looked at her and smiled a bit, but I'd like to hear him say something. Like you know Calleigh that I'm leaving csi, but not you, cause like I said once I can't imagine living my life without you or something like that. The way they were looking at each other were fine, but finally I want to here something concrete.:mad:
    And the kiss, my God why they can't kiss properly just for once. I even didn't see it, rather herd (it was pretty loud peck on the lips:)). I understand that maybe it wasn't the best place ot time for it, but come on, he's leaving so probably it'll never be the good time for that.
    The only good thing is that there's no doubt they still love each other. The way they looked at one another, the hug even the kiss says they are definitely in love. I never saw her crying over man, so for me it's obvious Eric is the one and only for her:).
    And I so hope you are right and the scene with the dead girl and the ring is foreshadowing for E/C future. Can you imagine a scene with Eric with ring waiting for Calleigh in their home to propose her. It's a pretty good subject for a great fiction, don't you think?;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.