Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Ladies, please be more positive :)!
    Although I hope she gets her wishes, for all we know, Emily's not pregnant, and she's not leaving the show yet :rolleyes:! Anyway, who's to say that she will actually leave acting once she has a child? A lot of actresses continue working even after a few children! Yes, I know she said family's very important to her, but she obviously chose acting as a career because she loves it. Nobody would go through what actors go through to make it in show biz, if they didn't have the passion for acting. It's in their blood!
    When she anounced her wish to get pregnant during the Monte Carlo interview, she also said she'd like to jump off a building in the show :guffaw:! And we know she does her own stunts :rolleyes:! So... a pregnant Emily jumping off a building :eek: ?
    IMO, when/if Emily has a child, she'll leave for a while, and then she'll miss acting and come back to continue her career.
    Back to my main mission of the week:
    1) I sent an e-mail to CBS (cbsmailbag@aol.com) asking them to reconsider Adam's contract and bring him back to the show. I told them that, of all the other crime shows on tv, I think CSIM is the most special one because of E/C. I also said that E/C has a huge fanbase, and they risk losing a lot of loyal viewers if they let Adam go.
    2) I also searched on "ipetitions.com" to find the one for AR, but couldn't find it. If one of you ladies would be so kind as to help me with that one, I'd really appreciate it :)!
    Again, let's just stay positive, and bring our E/C back for whatever time CSIM will be on the air :thumbsup:!

2. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello Everyone!

Hello D&Daddict!
    I'll write an email to CBS now... thanks!

By the way I found this petition sites.. hope this helps..

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/keepadamrodriguez/#signpetition

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ericdelkocsimiami/index.html

HIPHUGGERS TIL THE END!:thumbsup:

3. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Yeah, it does help! Thanks rhee :)!
    Now, I think you should post these links in Adam's thread and the spoiler thread too; he needs all the support we can give him!

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:guffaw::guffaw:I thought I had the place all to myself:p. Surprising as episode is tomorrow...But let´s meet up in Tubeland tuesday.

Well. You know I am all for petition and writting letters. So I will do my civil duties later. For now I am back at...pleading the skill Tubevidmasters to give us the video.
    Because if something should end or someone should leave. I WANT MY VID.

I wonder what arguments to use as to get CBS to do it .....When Jorja/ Sara Sidle left ...they included a segment on DVD. But I want more then just glimpses. I want the whole package/tortilla.

Hi Rhee52

Look at my location...is it ok?

Arguments for putting the E/C out as video.

1. Letting fans of the characters say goodbye in a proper way.
    2. Nice gift for hiphuggerclan and all thoose yet to discover there is a clan who feels the same way they do
    3. In honour of loyal fans who waited seven years to get a pay -off
    4. A storyline that had ratings skyrock with the kiss, could be a DVD box hit if made.
    5. when ratings drop...and they will ....maybe reminding fans that they did have some great storylines once and could have again
    6. In theese moderne days...Fans could do it on YT. but only CBS could put in something extra
    7. They made their very own Monica and Chandlerthing going for them. If they want to keep fans happy. Better let us know you didn´t do it -just to try it out. Respecting fans and themself a bit more. And prove they are daring somethings innovating
    8. In a place called "talk CSI". The ship has more views and more treads then any other of all 3 shows.
    9. The ship has fans worldwide and ratings might be affected worldwide as characters leave.
    10. As ship has worldwide follows the cat is out of the bag allready......if Miami wants fans to stay ...a video could hint at stuff to come and thereby keep fans otherwise lost.

Ratings run down and preparation for letter:

Radom 2008 :CSI: Miami earned the top spot on Monday with 13.25 million viewers and a 3.8 rating/10 share in the 18-49 demographic.

Sink or Swim 09." CSI: MIAMI - CBS, Share: 8.6/14.0, Viewers: 13,418,000 CSI: Miami came in second behind the first part of The Bachelor: After the Final Rose, which pulled in 17.47 million viewers and a 6.7 rating/16 share in the prized 18-49 demographic. Miami had 13.31 million viewers and 3.8/9. Medium came in third with 7.28 million viewers and 2.5/6 in the key demo.

The third episode of CSI: Miami’s eighth season, “Bolt Action”, was down week-to-week but still earned the top spot on Monday, October 5. The episode pulled in 12.96 million viewers and a 3.9 rating/10 share in the 18-49 demographic prized by advertisers. This put it ahead of timeslot competition Castle (11.64 million viewers, 3.0/ 7) [...]

CSI: Miami continued its eighth season with [Hostile Takeoverthe 10:00pm hour on Monday, September 28. The episode beat the competition with 13.46 million overall viewers and a 4.1 rating/11 share in the important 18-49 demo. This put it ahead of Castle (9.57 million, 2.3/6) and The Jay Leno Show (5.64 million, 1.8/5). Miami’s ratings were down slightly from the season premiere, which pulled in 13.73 million viewers and 4.3/11 among adults 18-49 last week.

The season premiere of CSI: Miami won the 10:00pm hour on Monday, September 21. “Out of Time” had 13.73 million viewers and a 4.3 rating/11 share among adults 18-49. It beat ABC drama Castle (9.43 million, 2.3/6) and NBC’s The Jay Leno Show (5.67 million, 1.8/5) in both overall viewers and the key demographic. Miami [...]

So I did my homework.

We know now, what numbers to look out for and what to do.

Maybe add some facts from this forum too:

Eric and Calleigh tread nr. # 37: Against All Odds views: 35,545

Closest ship: Grissiom and Sara; tread number :# 35

And spread of fans from Europe to the Philippines.

Am I missing something?

I wish you the best in writting your letters and let´s hope that eventhough it might seem we just rant in here on our own. Numbers says we are more then one might think. And if hiphuggers leaving have some effect on ratings then there will be no show to watch in the end for anyone.

Anyone know what the Castle is about?:evil::evil::evil::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  5. clairemitch

clairemitch Civilian

Hey guys! This is my first post, but I've been lurking around here for months!I don't know if someone has posted about this before, I'm pretty good about reading the thread and I don't remember seeing anything about it, but I apologize if its already been thrown out there. I just wanted to let you guys know that on the season 7 DVD, there is a clip on disc 7 about E/C and the development of their relationship this season. Two of the producers talk about how there has always been this sense of inevitability between Delko and Calleigh and that through the development of Eric's back story there has been a deepening of Calleigh's character as well. It talks all about how they have ALWAYS been there for each other and that is what the foundation kind of is for this relationship. It also shows a couple of takes from the KISS scene, and the first interview they did afterward and they talk about making out in the trailer now that they've found out they enjoy kissing each other so much. One of the kisses they show is a bit more sloppy than the final cut, its kind of funny Adams lip is hanging out. Emily and Adam also have a bit of commentary about the Delko/Calleigh relationship. Its really cute if you guys haven't seen it you should check it out. I couldn't find it up on Youtube, and I am not video savvy enough to know how to put it up there, but maybe someone out there is! :) It definitely sounded like the relationship had always been in the works and an intention to keep it going in the future. In this particular extra they talk about all the characters and what has been going on with them this season, and the development of this relationship is the only time they talk about Calleigh. I thought that was a bit weird. So maybe there is some hope that TPTB know what they are doing and hope to really close it up nicely with Adam's departure, and leave us with some opportunities for seeing them together still in the future :) It's been so sad around here lately I wanted to give you girls something nice!

6. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hi Clairemitch!

It's pretty quiet here today. Thanks so much for the info and giving us hiphuggers something to go on. I believe the writers know what the fans want and I got a gut feeling that they won't let us down.

Time to get a copy of Season 7!

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I think Emily loves the show just as much as we do and wants to stay on it. But I think this might be the last season (no throwing of misiles please!) but I wanna kill myself for saying that, I think she really wants her baby...I want Calleight to be pregnant too, I'm crossing my fingers.

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Thank you for that summary of the DVD extra. I haven't bought the DVDs yet because I've been waiting for my birthday to come around, so my husband can get me the DVDs as a present... he knows what I like and I know he'll get them for me. I just have to be patient and wait... but man, this waiting is killing me.

I've known for so long that the Eric & Calleigh thing is something they've been purposefully building, it is so very evident in the interaction the two characters have had since the beginning. I just wish they hadn't waited so long to make them come together, that when they finally brought the attraction between Eric & Calleigh into the forefront in season 5, that they dragged it out for so long... 2 very long years, because no sooner do they get them together and Adam leaves (stupid CBS!). Sucks. But, I can't imagine that since they've planned this out so well (except for the 2 year back & forth thing), deepened their relationship so well over the past 8 years, that they would throw it all away just because Adam was leaving. I am sure, that when Adam officially leaves the show, that Eric & Calleigh will still be together. I mean, come on...

A man about to break up with his girlfriend, does NOT look like this:
    [​IMG]

9. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Wow, I love the size and quality of that picture! Thanks Jennifer :)!
    Do you think you can do the same with the size of my signature picture? Cause I don't think it's only a hug ... I have a feeling that they're actually kissing :eek:! But it's really not clear cause the picture's too small!

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Oops! Sorry! Somehow I double posted by mistake :rolleyes:!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  11. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Jennifer Holly god. You were my hero for your FF and now this...I just don't think I can take much more.....dammm...
    God have mercy on my soul...Adam you are 1 fine fine man.

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Here it is, and a few more just for good measure...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't think he's kissing her in that first picture, but he's got his face buried in her neck... and again, a man breaking up with his girlfriend does NOT bury his face in her neck. :)

Yours and mine Honey! One damn fine man, indeed!

13. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Hi clairemitch, welcome to the thread and thanks for the wonderful information :)! I somehow had a feeling that there would be commentaries about E/C in them :hugegrin:! I've been looking for season 7's DVD set for the last 3 weeks, but, unfortunately, could only find the latest one from CSI ( which I couldn't care less about). We still didn't get CSIM's in my area :rolleyes:!

And Jennifer, thank you :). I just love looking at those pictures! They make my shipper heart melt :adore: !

To all my fellow Canadians, Happy Thanksgining Day!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  14. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

hey there AJbuckly!:)
    your location is great & so are your arguments:thumbsup:
    It would be awesome to have that E/C VID.

to clairemitch... welcome & thanks so much for letting us know about the DVD clips on E/C. So cute!!!!! That's reason enough for me to look for a DVD.. unfortunately we're always late here. It's nice that they confirmed about E/C's inevitable relationship. I always believed that Eric & Calleigh are meant to be together by the way they played the characters over the years.:luvlove:

15. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

Wow i havent come to csi files alot lately, only popping in for a second or two here and there can i be a pest and ask in that second shot to the right of her face...... is that his hand??? or something else??? makes me sad looking at them even though i dont think its a breakup for them but just asking is all........:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.