Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

When I first started reading the threads, I was shoked to find that there were some who didn't like the E/C pairing. When I told it to my friend, who also does the Friday afternoon CSI:Miami marathon with another friend, and is almost as addicted as I am to EC, her reaction was:``What, you`re kidding me! But they`re so hot!``
    I think that the chemistry between them is so strong, and their interaction so enjoyable, that some people just cant handle it.

2. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

You know, I had a theory on why people liked some couples and dislike other. I think that people tent to like pairings between characters that they like or identify themselves with. For example, Calleigh is my favorite character, I find some of my characteristics in her, and Eric is my type of guy, so I ship them. You can see that most of the people shipping EDeN really, really like Natalia and people who ship CaKe prefer Jake, as a man, to Eric. But, you know, before I joined this thread, I had no idea anyone shipped anything but EC, either.

Anyway, back on topic. I haven't watched the epi, yet, but I will. However, I've seen the look they gave to each other and I think it was adorable. I don't think it was romantic, though. They've been friends for a very long time and even if they weren't a couple, he would have given her that look to tell her that everything is okay and that he is there for her, and she would have smiled to show him that she got it and that she thanks him.

Jessica, you are my hero. Please, please, don't ever stop writing smut. I mean, I love the stories you write that aren't smut, too, but a M rated fic once in a while is a great thing, especially when someone so talented as you writes it.

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The same thing happened with my sister. There was this time I was telling her about the different names there are for the CSI's ships (hiphuggers, grillows, etc.) and when I mentioned the other Miami ships she was like what? there are people who like those pairings? I too was surprised when I started searching and discovered some of the ships that there are.

That actually makes sense. Eric is the type of guy that appeals to me (some characteristics are even similar to my husband) and Calleigh is definitely my favorite character. Jake is not the type of guy I like because I always get annoyed by cocky, arrogant, bad boys. Ryan is not the type I like because I've always thought he's kind of immature and whiny. So that's probably why I don't like either of them with Cal. Never liked H with her cause I thought he was too old for her and he was so great with Yelina. So in my case your theory applies. Plus you know there's all this hotness, chemistry, and amazing friendship they have which just makes them perfect for each other ;).

Sidenote: My Jake and Ryan description is just my view on the characters and it is not intended to offend anyone who likes them. I respect those who see them differently and don't want to cause any trouble with my point of view :).

I tried to capture the little moment we had on monday's episode. It goes by so fast that it was kind of difficult to get the expression on their faces, especially Cal's which is why I'm posting only Eric's. Plus the quality is not the best, but here goes:

[​IMG]

I just love the look and smile he gave her :adore:

4. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

That's great!
    Now how about the look she gave him back? Could you post that one too?

5. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

Here's the sweet smile she gave him :luvlove:
    [​IMG]

and I also love this one , she's really concerned and Beautiful ;)
    [​IMG]

6. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

thanks for the pics of calleigh they are great Anna Delko
    i agree with you guys that moment was I think the best one that shows that they really have inner feelings and that no matter what happens in the finally they will get through it

7. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Girls, thanks fot the pictures, they are wonderful.:thumbsup:
    The way they are looking on each other just scream the depth of their feelings. Maybe it's only a few seconds, but still it's so meaningful. When I look at it I truley believe they will go through everything what they meet on their road and they always will be together.:)
    Maybe I'm a hopless romantic, but they definitely are meant for each other. And those looks only confirm it.

E/C Lover your avatar is really cute.:)

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

AnnaDelko those are great thanks so much for posting :). Your Calleigh screencap is definitely better than the one I made (I might even grab it and save it in my computer :evil:).

I really want more moments like this one in the near future. I love that they can have moments of flirtiness and teasing, of being concerned, of serious job-mode, of helping each other out... There's just soooo much they can do with these two. I like that they can have this different range of emotions and moments which is why they are so great to watch :).

9. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

*sighs dreamily*

I love looking at those pictures. I agree with everyone here who has said that "the look" was great. It definitely got my little shipper heart all a-fluttering. :lol:

What I enjoy about watching this relationship is their natural chemistry and how easily the actors bring it to the screen.

They didn't even have to say a single word to each other. It's just there. It's natural. It's awesome to watch and enjoy.

Love these two!

10. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

No problem :thumbsup:
    I agree with you and that is only a proof that their relationship is strong, they are there for each other even without saying a word, they know each other so well, and it's because of moments like these that I keep thinking in season 8 everything will be okay, they can go through everything :)

btw, Jessica your fanfiction is awesome !!

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  11. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

About the smile thing was more like they had a fight or something, :wtf:?! Fight? For god sake, that was like a "Hi *again* everything ok?" in which Calleigh replyed with her adorable smile "yes" :D
    Well, but I guess who doesn't like E/C will never do, so they have to have always something to say about it :lol: So do we, but this thread is a positive and true thoughts thread :p

You know Marija_Magdalena, you're right with that theory, I mean i've never liked Jake, she's such an irrogant guy for me [sorry jake's fans], so CaKe never work out for me. I like Ryan, but Calleigh & Ryan? Really? They only look very good friends for, I've never really saw any chemistry between them :p
    Calleigh is my favorite character, I think she's similar to me in some things and I really like her as a person, and Eric, god, Eric :adore: Eric is everything that a woman wish for, he's smart, sweet, hot & sexy, lovely... :adore:
    So I think, they're the best ship of Miami and of all the CSI's :p They have that chemistry that only a blind can't see :p
    Gotta love them :adore:

Thanks for the pics Anna :adore:
    Those looks say everything, love love love :luvlove:

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I normally don't read fanfic but I have to say that Jessica one was really good.Keep the good work.:thumbsup:

Marijamagdalena theory is quite accurate.Eric is my favorite character so I tend to love every storyline he is in.And Calleigh grew on me since the first season as well.Even if I wasn't a fan of the relationship,just the fact that both of them seem so happy and in love would be enough for me to be happy fan.

I have been on the opposite side as well like on CSI NY but in that case it mainly bores me ,not irritate me.

Was there really any flirting between Ryan and Calleigh? I never got any vibe between them but since I missed so many episodes ,I am not quite sure.

13. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Jessica - GREAT fanfic!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics Anna :thumbsup:

Its so great looking at those pictures and seeing that although their smiles were very subtle, you can see their eyes smiling, which is exactly what reveals all of their true feelings. I agree with you when you say they know each other so well that there isn't a need to say anything to convey their thoughts to each other. That little smile Eric gave her was like reassurance that he's always there and he acknowledges her presence and her thoughts, even though they can't fully express their concerns for each other at that moment. It sort of brings me back to when Ryan told Eric he noticed they ignored each other at crime scenes. In this instance, the quick look and smile they gave each other said so much, but in the same return, they both left rather abruptly as if nothing happened. Sort of like a 'I see you, you see me, I'm here, all will be ok..now lets not get caught' moment. IMO, their interaction could be risky around others so that smile was the right special something she needed to take the slight worry and tension away. You could tell her body language softened as she paused for a few seconds, her shoulders slumped and all the tension she was feeling was immediately dissolved.... Being in love can do that :adore:

14. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Thanks for the pics!
    My interpretation of the exchanged look?
    Eric: " Hi babe, hang in there. Everything'll be ok. I'm right here if you need me."
    Calleigh: " Thanks hon. I feel better already."
    No need for words.

15. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Hey all,

I liked the smile between them, it was cute, and I didn't think it was out of place.

and I can't wait till next week, looks really cool :)

also was I the only one who liked that Eric got to say the line right before the theme song? becoue it seems that H gets to do it all the time...now if he had put on sunglasses and slowly walked away... LOL!

and yes I realize I'm way off topic, sorry :)

SMW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.