Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric and Calleigh #35

Question: Does theorizing what we think might happen in the season finale classify as a spoiler? Or can we talk about it without spoiler tags like we have been doing?

Good question ... I honestly don´t know.... But readers know it is just us "writting some ideas" and not the truth ...so we should be ok, but I don´t know....

I think as long as your theory doesn't include actual spoilers you will be fine. If you are going to relate your theory to spoilers for upcoming eps then you need to use the spoiler boxes. If you are just speculating about the future based on stuff we have seen already or think in general (ie how E/C will be outed b/c we don't actually know the how and the when of that) then you don't need the boxes.

Well .... I too had a feeling yet another member was leaving......You know my original take on E/C was a build- up to an actor leaving as one of them had to shift to night.

I think it could definitely happen. We never know though. Like I said though, if someone does leave in the finale I don't think it would be permanent. Just set up for the season 8 premiere. But then again, that's all too famililar. Like when Wolfe wasn't on the team anymore because he broke protocol so in the last few season 5 episodes and the first few episodes of season 6 were him trying to get his job back.

What Eric said in the episode Sunblock in season 6 about switching to the night shift for Calleigh instead of breaking off their relationship just really seemed like it could be a huge foreshadow and it just might be.

I have no idea what to expect from the finale. It'll be really interesting to see if something pertaining to EC does happen.

Question: Does theorizing what we think might happen in the season finale classify as a spoiler? Or can we talk about it without spoiler tags like we have been doing?

I think theorizing is safe. It's not like we're talking about future episodes based on anything concrete that we've heard from an outside source. We're speculating based on what's already happened in the show, so there's no need to hide it. Now... if we DO happen to base part of that speculation on a spoiler, THEN we need to use the tags. But... I don't think you're doing that here.

I have another question, and I honestly don't know how I would answer it:

Are we willing to say a permanent "goodbye" to either Eric or Calleigh at the end of season 7 if it means the ship would "survive" (meaning the writers make it obvious that they stay together "off-camera" after one of them leaves)? What about a temporary "goodbye" like what happened with Ryan?

And hey, while we're at it...

If you're not comfortable with either of them leaving for any length of time at the end of season 7, what about at the end of season 8 (again, so long as the ship is guaranteed to survive "off-camera")?

Well .... I too had a feeling yet another member was leaving......You know my original take on E/C was a build- up to an actor leaving as one of them had to shift to night.

I think it could definitely happen. We never know though. Like I said though, if someone does leave in the finale I don't think it would be permanent. Just set up for the season 8 premiere. But then again, that's all too famililar. Like when Wolfe wasn't on the team anymore because he broke protocol so in the last few season 5 episodes and the first few episodes of season 6 were him trying to get his job back.

What Eric said in the episode Sunblock in season 6 about switching to the night shift for Calleigh instead of breaking off their relationship just really seemed like it could be a huge foreshadow and it just might be.

I have no idea what to expect from the finale. It'll be really interesting to see if something pertaining to EC does happen.

I think theorizing is safe. It's not like we're talking about future episodes based on anything concrete that we've heard from an outside source. We're speculating based on what's already happened in the show, so there's no need to hide it. Now... if we DO happen to base part of that speculation on a spoiler, THEN we need to use the tags. But... I don't think you're doing that here.

Are we willing to say a permanent "goodbye" to either Eric or Calleigh at the end of season 7 if it means the ship would "survive" (meaning the writers make it obvious that they stay together "off-camera" after one of them leaves)? What about a temporary "goodbye" like what happened with Ryan?

If you're not comfortable with either of them leaving for any length of time at the end of season 7, what about at the end of season 8 (again, so long as the ship is guaranteed to survive "off-camera")?

I personally don't like speculating that either one of them is leaving the show ;) Did I miss a spoiler? :wtf: :lol:

However, if you are asking in the context of one of them leaving like Wolfe did, then I would be fine with one of them on the other shift seeing them periodically, knowing the ship lives and then eventually, as Wolfe did, come back to the team. I could deal with that type of break from one of the characters as long as the end result would be them eventually returning to the team full time....and of course the ship remaining intact ;)

Are we willing to say a permanent "goodbye" to either Eric or Calleigh at the end of season 7 if it means the ship would "survive" (meaning the writers make it obvious that they stay together "off-camera" after one of them leaves)? What about a temporary "goodbye" like what happened with Ryan?[/b]

Hi Ginna....and welcome back....Saw you lurking(looking) in the forbitten place:lol: Are you ready with the Hiphuggerdance?

1. You ask some really good questions....Almost evertime...I am impressed.

2. NO I would not like to see one of them go even if it was hinted that they were together.....I am at moment watching for the feelgood monemts the ship provides.....The coffescene- Smoke gets in your...
Actually murderstory is taking the backseat in my book at the moment.
For me it´s not the 2 charcters being in offscene - relationship but -"seeing 2 people in love" (as Adam R said in an interview) that is the thrill.

HI Delkolover.....When you read thread you´ll see we talk about you....Perhaps you are going to be our first Hiphuggerceleberty:)

Are we willing to say a permanent "goodbye" to either Eric or Calleigh at the end of season 7 if it means the ship would "survive" (meaning the writers make it obvious that they stay together after one of them leaves)? What about a temporary "goodbye" like what happened with Ryan?

Pemanent goodbye? No way, never. I mean, it would calm me down a bit to know that they'd still be together and what-not..we just wouldn't ever see one of them. It would be weird for one of them to be on the show and not the other one. They're a pair. Like if we can't have both of them then I don't want just one of them. All or none. That's how it is for me.

Temporary goodbye is something I could deal with. Like that's what I have a feeling would happen at the end of the season anyway. Like their relationship gets found out and one of them has to switch shifts.. that'd be predictable and cliche though.. so something else could happen.

I really don't know.. Good question, Ginnna.:thumbsup:

I am just throwing this one in for your consideration.
Eric leaving the shower. Calleigh putting on make -up. Eric sneaks up behind her and hugs her and kisses her on the neck or chin. Well now you see why I might be getting my hopes....Spring is in the air around here:)

That'd be nice but actually what Delkolover told us was this..
It shows Calleigh in the bathroom brushing her teeth. Then we see Delko shaving, then Calleigh walks into the same bathroom and they share the mirror.
Delkolover or someone, correct me if I'm wrong on that.. that's just what I remember.

You are correct....that is exactly how I saw it and described it :D

I'm so not the spoiler person. You'll have to ask delkolover, she basically provides with every E/C spoiler she gets before the episode(s) comes out.:) It's great. Delkolover also posts non-related EC spoilers in the spoiler thread.. so you can find up what's up with the cases and the rest of the team.

I don't think we know anything about the season finale yet though. I hate to think that the finale is so close. This season has been going by so fast, to me. Maybe because last season is when we had that writers strike.:( So maybe it's better this season is going by faster instead of going like a way long time without any new episodes whatsoever.

Nothing on the finale yet....we have one more ep (724) to get spoilers on first before we get the ones for the finale. I am thinking we should see spoilers for ep 724 either Tuesday or Weds of this coming week. So then probably the following week we will see the spoilers for the finale! :)

I personally don't like speculating that either one of them is leaving the show ;) Did I miss a spoiler? :wtf: :lol:

However, if you are asking in the context of one of them leaving like Wolfe did, then I would be fine with one of them on the other shift seeing them periodically, knowing the ship lives and then eventually, as Wolfe did, come back to the team. I could deal with that type of break from one of the characters as long as the end result would be them eventually returning to the team full time....and of course the ship remaining intact ;)

*chuckle* Nope, I'm not basing this on any spoilers, just wondering how y'all would feel/what y'all would do.

I don't particularly like the idea of either of them leaving for any length of time, but it makes for interesting conversation! :lol:

I think that, unlike Eric and Natalia, it would be harder for Eric and Calleigh to simply "get back to work" after being such good friends for so long and then getting into a serious relationship. Personally, if they either HAD to break up or HAD to move to different shifts, I'd move Calleigh temporarily until Super H has time to move heaven and earth to get them back on his team, relationship still in tact. I wouldn't want one to leave permanently, even if it means they break up.

HOWEVER...

If they do have to break up, I'd want the writers to get them back together sometime before the end of the series. I would be OK with that.

If they do have to break up, I'd want the writers to get them back together sometime before the end of the series. I would be OK with that.

I hate the idea of them breaking up. I know this is totally shallow, but they look so good together. And they are just an extremely cute couple. You can't just help but say 'Aw' when they have a scene together. So that's my shallow meaningless reason on why they should never break up, they're hot together.

They also shouldn't break up because how awkward would it be to being just friends for 7 years.. then being in a serious relationship with each one another.. then having to break up and act professional about it at work? I think that would be a hard thing to deal with, even for Calleigh.

The idea of either one of them leaving the show is ridiculous, it can't happen. I wouldn't watch anymore. No joke.

Last edited:

*chuckle* Nope, I'm not basing this on any spoilers, just wondering how y'all would feel/what y'all would do.

I don't particularly like the idea of either of them leaving for any length of time, but it makes for interesting conversation! :lol:

I think that, unlike Eric and Natalia, it would be harder for Eric and Calleigh to simply "get back to work" after being such good friends for so long and then getting into a serious relationship. Personally, if they either HAD to break up or HAD to move to different shifts, I'd move Calleigh temporarily until Super H has time to move heaven and earth to get them back on his team, relationship still in tact. I wouldn't want one to leave permanently, even if it means they break up.

HOWEVER...

I agree...I think that if they were to break them up...then when they know the series is coming to an end, I think they would get them back together for the close of the show. I don't necessarily think it would literally be in the series finale but maybe one or two eps before and then just maybe we would get the "CSI Wedding" that Adam joked about two years ago when asked about E/C, in the finale. ;)

I don't want them to break up either and as of right now I can't honestly see a plausible reason or scenario that the writers could come up with at this point to break them up. I mean after all the crap they put them through to even get them together; any scenario they might come up with to split them up would seem, imo, lame. I mean they have set this ship to be a deep meaningful relationship....not a fling that could end on a whim or b.c of something trivial. I think it would be awkward, way more awkward than Nat/Eric was when that ended, b/c as you said, they have 7 years of friendship behind them...they know each other better than anyone else. Eric and Nat really didn't have a friendship at the time to worry about when they broke up...what they had to deal with was just the awkwardness of two co-workers having slept together. Those two have since moved on and become close friends. Which is nice. E/C would have to deal with go back to being friends and attempt to go back to that level of normalcy they had before they started dating.

Last edited:

Hi.. this is my first post. I am very new to this show... I just started watching it this season.. fell in love with Eric/Calleigh and bought the whole series.

I am really hoping that the writers can just give us a mature relationship without the splits or anyone leaving the team let alone anyone leaving the show. I don't like being jerked around. I would not be happy w/ them splitting up at all! I would miss the interaction that they bring to the show. There is just something about the two of them that makes the show more enjoyable to watch. Their friendship is refreshing and the fact that they have finally admitted their feelings just enhances it. I want to continue to be excited about watching the show and splitting them up or one of them leaving the show or the team would just ruin everything for me.

I don't know if I would be able to handle either of them leaving! I could deal with a temporary leave, but I seriously don't know if I would want to watch the show as faithfully, especially since Calleigh's character was my reason for watching when I first started, and still is ;)...

Not that this ship is the only reason I watch the show, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't one of the bigger reasons why.

I don't know if I would be able to handle either of them leaving! I could deal with a temporary leave, but I seriously don't know if I would want to watch the show as faithfully, especially since Calleigh's character was my reason for watching when I first started, and still is ;)...

Not that this ship is the only reason I watch the show, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't one of the bigger reasons why.

What if your only two choices are: "either one of them leaves permanently while keeping them together 'off-screen' or they break up"?

I think I'd still opt for break-up. If the writers are careful, they could do the whole thing realistically with anger and avoidance followed by tentative civility, then slowly ease them back into a working relationship and rebuild the friendship. And then they could realize what they threw away and eventually get back together and we would have amazingness all over again!

Although, I may be drifting into the fanfic arena again... but still, I think it could work in the show, just not as melodramatic as I make it sound. Of course, subtlety hasn't always been a strong suit for the writers. ;)

I think I'd still opt for break-up. If the writers are careful, they could do the whole thing realistically with anger and avoidance followed by tentative civility, then slowly ease them back into a working relationship and rebuild the friendship. And then they could realize what they threw away and eventually get back together and we would have amazingness all over again!

Agreed. I would definitely be in favour of break up, I would miss the characters way too much if either one left. I know I may be crazy, but I still miss the Eric/Calleigh angst because sometimes it was just so :wtf::eek:!!

That would be quite the emotional rollercoaster to have all that happen, it sounds so tempting... :p. Ugh, now you have unleashed the flood in my head..:lol: I can't stop imagining it hehe.

I would choose they break up. I wouldn't enjoy the show as much if either of them left. I don't even want to think of that happening, they will find a way to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back