• Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric and Calleigh #35

Ginna
Are we willing to say a permanent "goodbye" to either Eric or Calleigh at the end of season 7 if it means the ship would "survive" (meaning the writers make it obvious that they stay together "off-camera" after one of them leaves)? What about a temporary "goodbye" like what happened with Ryan?

I can't even think of one of them leaving the show. It's too sad :(. If it had to be break-up or leave I would choose break-up and then hope that by the series finale they would get back together.

I am totally ok with the idea of one of them switching shifts cause I know it would be temporary and eventually Horatio, master of the lab, will fix everything ;) :lol:.

JoannaRose
I hate the idea of them breaking up. I know this is totally shallow, but they look so good together. And they are just an extremely cute couple. You can't just help but say 'Aw' when they have a scene together. So that's my shallow meaningless reason on why they should never break up, they're hot together.

This made me laugh :lol:. I have to confess that I too have that shallow, meaningless reason for wanting them together :lol:. I have A LOT of reasons for liking them together but I have to admit that's definitely in there and wins as the most shallow one. But hey, it's permitted and it counts ;):p.

delkolover
Eric and Nat really didn't have a friendship at the time to worry about when they broke up...what they had to deal with was just the awkwardness of two co-workers having slept together. Those two have since moved on and become close friends. Which is nice. E/C would have to deal with go back to being friends and attempt to go back to that level of normalcy they had before they started dating.

Definitely! If EC break up it will be way more awkward than Eric and Natalia. Their friendship was way deeper, their relationship is way more meaningful and profound. It would be interesting to see how they would handle it, but I really don't want them to break up :shifty:.

Welcome becrenee!!! :)

I think I'd still opt for break-up. If the writers are careful, they could do the whole thing realistically with anger and avoidance followed by tentative civility, then slowly ease them back into a working relationship and rebuild the friendship. And then they could realize what they threw away and eventually get back together and we would have amazingness all over again!

Agreed. I would definitely be in favour of break up, I would miss the characters way too much if either one left. I know I may be crazy, but I still miss the Eric/Calleigh angst because sometimes it was just so :wtf::eek:!!

That would be quite the emotional rollercoaster to have all that happen, it sounds so tempting... :p. Ugh, now you have unleashed the flood in my head..:lol: I can't stop imagining it hehe.

If it came down to that...I would be in favor of a break up only b/c I wouldn't want either of them to leave the show. It is sad to even be thinking this since they just got together and all but with being tv being what it is, sadly it is inevitable that there will be a break up. Unless of course the writers decide to really surprise us and keep them together ;)

I honestly don't want the emotional mess that comes with them breaking up and I think that is one of the many reasons why the writers kept putting this off and/or were hesitant to do it; b/c of the emotional and dramatic hurricane it would cause. Mainly b/c those types of stories or storylines are the ones that the writers of this franchise tend to shy away from. And with good reason, the franchise has never been about those types of stories

Are we willing to say a permanent "goodbye" to either Eric or Calleigh at the end of season 7 if it means the ship would "survive" (meaning the writers make it obvious that they stay together "off-camera" after one of them leaves)? What about a temporary "goodbye" like what happened with Ryan?
And hey, while we're at it...

If you're not comfortable with either of them leaving for any length of time at the end of season 7, what about at the end of season 8 (again, so long as the ship is guaranteed to survive "off-camera")?

No, i don't think I would be very happy with that at all. I mean if Calleigh didn't break up with Jake after Eric accidentally told on them why should they break up now. :confused:

I would much rather see their relationship develop the rest of this season (which is coming to an end way too fast :scream:) and then save the rest of the drama for next season. At least give them an opportunity to play out their relationship before screwing it up.

I am totally ok with the idea of one of them switching shifts cause I know it would be temporary and eventually Horatio, master of the lab, will fix everything ;) :lol:.

I would like to see that for maybe a couple of episodes, not the entire first half of the season. ;) I still think that Calleigh would beat Eric to the punch, though.

JoannaRose
I know this is totally shallow, but they look so good together. And they are just an extremely cute couple. You can't just help but say 'Aw' when they have a scene together. So that's my shallow meaningless reason on why they should never break up, they're hot together.

I am right there with you. I love seeing them together, they make me smile :lol:

What if your only two choices are: "either one of them leaves permanently while keeping them together 'off-screen' or they break up"?

I think I'd still opt for break-up. If the writers are careful, they could do the whole thing realistically with anger and avoidance followed by tentative civility, then slowly ease them back into a working relationship and rebuild the friendship. And then they could realize what they threw away and eventually get back together and we would have amazingness all over again!

Although, I may be drifting into the fanfic arena again... but still, I think it could work in the show, just not as melodramatic as I make it sound. Of course, subtlety hasn't always been a strong suit for the writers. ;)

Break-up, definitely.

I don't think your idea sounds fanfic-ish at all. I could really see it happening like that. I'm not a huge fan of angst, but EC has a way of making me tolerate it and almost like it. Almost.

As long as they get back together in the end anyway, it'll be okay with me. I just don't want the trying to get back to the old friendship and getting over being together to take too long, though. Miami is definitely infamous for drawing things out as long as they can. For example: the build-up to Eric and Calleigh's relationship.

It would be so much to have them break up then to have one of them leaving the show. I don't like the idea of them ending their relationship (permanently or temporarily) but I can't even begin to imagine what the show would be like without one of them there.

They are two huge characters. While I don't think they're taking over the show in any way.. it feels nice to say that there seems to be more EC this season than there is Horatio drama. Now we just need to work on the other characters getting more focus.. because I don't watch the show just for Eric and Calleigh. Even though, since season 5 they have become a huge reason as to why I've kept watching.:)

Agreed. I would definitely be in favour of break up, I would miss the characters way too much if either one left. I know I may be crazy, but I still miss the Eric/Calleigh angst because sometimes it was just so :wtf::eek:!!

That would be quite the emotional rollercoaster to have all that happen, it sounds so tempting... :p. Ugh, now you have unleashed the flood in my head..:lol: I can't stop imagining it hehe.

If it came down to that...I would be in favor of a break up only b/c I wouldn't want either of them to leave the show. It is sad to even be thinking this since they just got together and all but with being tv being what it is, sadly it is inevitable that there will be a break up. Unless of course the writers decide to really surprise us and keep them together ;)

I honestly don't want the emotional mess that comes with them breaking up and I think that is one of the many reasons why the writers kept putting this off and/or were hesitant to do it; b/c of the emotional and dramatic hurricane it would cause. Mainly b/c those types of stories or storylines are the ones that the writers of this franchise tend to shy away from. And with good reason, the franchise has never been about those types of stories

I totally agree with you. I'd rather see a break up than either one of them leaving the show. They are two of my favorite characters, the other being Jonathan.

I have a question for posters who were around here when season 4 was airing.

Season 4 really lacked on the EC department to the point were they rarely worked together. Calleigh was always paired off with Ryan and Eric was either with Horatio or Natalia. So my question is:

Did people around here want more integration of the team (like Eric and Cal working more cases together, Cal and Horatio sharing more scenes, Ryan and Eric bonding or at least working cases together, etc.) or did it all just go on without much fuss?

What did the EC shippers comment about the lack of Eric and Cal scenes?

I ask because there's been a lot of that going on now but with wanting different pairings (Ryan with Cal, Eric with Nat, Ryan and Eric, etc..) and much of the blame has been put on EC hooking up. So what was the reason for the Ryan always with Cal, Eric always with Horatio back on season 4??? Or is this just more controversial now because a ship actually went canon? Or am I exagerating how things were in season 4 and they don't really compare to how they are now?

Sorry for the multiquestions :lol: they just kept popping into my mind.

If you were not here when season 4 was airing you can also feel free to put your input and comment as you wish ;).

Last edited:

I remember in seasons one and two, Eric and Calleigh worked together. Then when Ryan came along, I think they wanted him to have a nice, mature, friend/mentor and that was Calleigh, and Eric and him would have altercation cause he couldn't get over Speed. But now that the writers wanted to pull them together, the two worked cases together again. That began when Ryan was fired.

For the question, nice one by the way:

I want both of them to stay and I don't want them together, however if things dont work out when Stetler steps in I'd take the switch to night shift Member? When Eric said that, so maybe he'll do it.

Season 4 really lacked on the EC department to the point were they rarely worked together. Calleigh was always paired off with Ryan and Eric was either with Horatio or Natalia. So my question is:

Did people around here want more integration of the team (like Eric and Cal working more cases together, Cal and Horatio sharing more scenes, Ryan and Eric bonding or at least working cases together, etc.) or did it all just go on without much fuss?

If you were not here when season 4 was airing you can also feel free to put your input and comment as you wish ;).

I personally would love to see some more interation with Eric and Ryan ( I used to love Eric and Speedle) and I mean Ryan and Eric are not really that close but I would be happy if they have bonding (buddy) moment. Like when they pulled a prank of Dr. Price on this season because aside from "the big man" H they are the two main guys so I think it would be nice....

Same with Natalia and Calleigh but not as much as Eric and Ryan I think they both have goofy side that can make for some fun!!!

BTW I really like Ryan, Eric and Calleigh working together on 7*18...

I would much rather see their relationship develop the rest of this season (which is coming to an end way too fast :scream:) and then save the rest of the drama for next season. At least give them an opportunity to play out their relationship before screwing it up.

It might just be the drama queen/ fanfic addict in me that wants that to happen just a little, but I undoubtedly agree that their relationship should develop for atleast the rest of the season. We still need time to bask in the ECness now that we have it!!:drool:

JoannaRose
I know this is totally shallow, but they look so good together. And they are just an extremely cute couple. You can't just help but say 'Aw' when they have a scene together. So that's my shallow meaningless reason on why they should never break up, they're hot together.

texmex327
I am right there with you. I love seeing them together, they make me smile :lol:

Shallow shmallow. They are freaking adorable... *sigh* just thinking about them does make me aww:adore:;).

I ask because there's been a lot of that going on now but with wanting different pairings (Ryan with Cal, Eric with Nat, Ryan and Eric, etc..) and much of the blame has been put on EC hooking up. So what was the reason for the Ryan always with Cal, Eric always with Horatio back on season 4??? Or is this just more controversial now because a ship actually went canon? Or am I exagerating how things were in season 4 and they don't really compare to how they are now?

Sorry for the multiquestions :lol: they just kept popping into my mind.

Okay, so I wasn't around here while season 4 was airing. But it being season 4 that you asked about and because it's by far the worst season ever in the history of Miami... of course, I have something to say.:)

I don't in anyway consider the new relationship of EC the fault of why other pairings out in the field haven't happened. I blame the writers. Eric and Calleigh were barely paired together in season 4.. I can only think of a few times.. and when they were, the scenes definitely lacked something. The main scene that comes to my mind (and I know others) is the one when Eric got news on Marisols death.

I personally liked that they are being paired up so much now and that there is actually emotion and feelings shown in their interactions with one another. It's making up for season 4.

I would, however, also like to see others paired up. It is always Ryan/Natalia, Eric/Calleigh, Horatio/Eric.

But it's almost impossible to compare season 4 to season 7. Season 4.. sucked, for lack of a better word. The one thing I can think of that is in common is that team dynamics are still bad. Season 4, they only kept certain team members paired and they still do. Only it's different pairs now.

Natalia wasn't even a CSI when her and Eric were together. She was the mole, still working for the feds.. So there was no way we could blame the way things were with the team members on the fact that Eric and Natalia were canon. There's more of a reason to blame Eric and Calleigh for that even though I strongly disagree with it.

It's not like it's the team members faults anyway though, right? I mean do they pick who they get paired up with? I'm pretty sure that's a no. I'm not sure there ever was a reason for why certain pairs were paired up. That's just how the episodes were written. It's pretty annoying but we have no control over it. It doesn't bug me as much now as it did in season 4, though.

It should be how it was in season 5. That had a little of everyone paired in it. It was a good balance. There was some Eric/Natalia, Calleigh/Eric, Calleigh/Ryan, Calleigh/Natalia, Eric/Horatio, a little Eric/Ryan.

Ther first 2 seasons were amazing.. but there were less people in the team. Just Eric, Speedle, Calleigh, and of course Horatio. But the way they all worked together back then was so good. I miss that. There are quite a few episodes that stick out in my mind in the first two seasons where you see more than two team members together in a scene. We almost never get to see that anymore. But in this past Monday's episode..when Eric, Ryan, and Calleigh all had a scene together was really nice.

I'm not sure how much any of the stuff I just said really matters or if it even holds a point..but I answered your question(s) the best I could.:)

Last edited:

The contention that Eric & Calleigh going canon has broken up the team to the point where Eric & Calleigh only work together and Ryan and Natalia only work together is completely baseless. In earlier seasons it seemed as if the CSIs were paired off in teams for the entire episode, working a different case, or the same case, and in some evidence-gathering work they all worked together. But it seems to me that since last season, they all work the same crime and they all work with each other at different times in each episode. We'll get one scene with Eric and Calleigh, then they'll go for more evidence and it will be Calleigh and Ryan, then more evidence will be needed from somewhere and it will be Calleigh and Natalia or Eric and Ryan. What I'm trying to say is that, in most episodes, it is hardly ever the same two CSIs paired together to go get the evidence each time it is needed in the episode. I remember noticing it after the 1st episode that aired after the writers strike, as it all seemed disorganized to me... like they grabbed whatever actor was there on that particular day and had them "process the scene".

And about that whole subliminal message thing, I don't think that was the intention with that scene either, especially with the E and the D. If a subliminal message was meant, the letters would have been an E and a C. Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:

I agree that EC is not to blame for the team working in pairs. I've always thought that there not being more than two per scene was just a bad idea the writers came up with. Especially since I've been thinking about season 4 and remembered that things were pretty similar back then but with different people being paired up. Which is why I don't understand why this is all spoken as a new trend started up by EC's relationship. It clearly did not start there.

Now I know that we've discussed how much EC is or not to blame for the pairing up thing so what I'm really curious to explore further is to know if people (EC shippers and non- EC shippers) pointed this out back in season four with Cal and Ryan always being paired up and Eric and Calleigh barely talking to each other. I tend to think that the reason this is so controversial now is because EC actually became canon and maybe ruffled some feathers. I also wonder what EC shippers commented on back there when episodes went by and there was barely, if any, interaction between EC. I remember watching season 4 and thinking "there goes another episode without them talking". So, again, I think this is a problem the writers (maybe not even realizing it) created and are very capable of fixing without it interrupting at all EC's relationship.

Thank you to all that have shared their views and opinions about this :).

I agree that EC is not to blame for the team working in pairs. I've always thought that there not being more than two per scene was just a bad idea the writers came up with. Especially since I've been thinking about season 4 and remembered that things were pretty similar back then but with different people being paired up. Which is why I don't understand why this is all spoken as a new trend started up by EC's relationship. It clearly did not start there.

I agree with you and everyone else also. It is a 'baseless' accusation as Jennifer said. There have been two episodes since 716 and yes, they have worked together in both of those but its only been two episodes. They probably wont be working together every episode.

The pairing of CSI's working on cases isn't just going on in Miami either. It's in both of the other CSI shows as well, so it most defintely did not stem from EC going canon lol.

I for one like the pairs working together in different episodes as well as the same pair seeing the case through to the end. Sometimes when there is too many people going in and out its hard to follow and takes away from the case, not drastically but... Just IMO.

Now I know that we've discussed how much EC is or not to blame for the pairing up thing so what I'm really curious to explore further is to know if people (EC shippers and non- EC shippers) pointed this out back in season four with Cal and Ryan always being paired up and Eric and Calleigh barely talking to each other. I tend to think that the reason this is so controversial now is because EC actually became canon and maybe ruffled some feathers. I also wonder what EC shippers commented on back there when episodes went by and there was barely, if any, interaction between EC. I remember watching season 4 and thinking "there goes another episode without them talking". So, again, I think this is a problem the writers (maybe not even realizing it) created and are very capable of fixing without it interrupting at all EC's relationship.

Thank you to all that have shared their views and opinions about this :).

It probably is becoming controversial because of them going canon. I would however like to get a mixture of the team working together. I think the Miami group has a lot of great dynamic together and I like it when they mix the pairings up in different episodes. As much as I love EC to death, i love the team too;).

I hope that made sense, I kept re reading my response and confusing myself so, if it doesn't I'm sorry and I will attempt to clarify. :lol:

My thought exactly. Even if they won't show us the hot details, I'm sure it'll be a memorable scene. And we can always use our imagination in that matter:lol:.
But I thought about something else, if I remember corectly it was also said that he won't be able to hide a smirk on his face when they meet at the crime scene this morning. And I'm not a bit surprised, I mean after intoxicating night with her it would be odd if he wasn't smiling.:)
I guess it's going to be amazing episode.:thumbsup:
personally i think that is better to give us hints,little-tiny bites of information every now and then than to give us a whole,big,hot scene once an get over with for a number of reasons... one big one being that is CSI and like somebody said 2 (or it was 3:confused:) pages ago we all are CSI's at heart.... we enjoy the discovery and the process of uncovering information.
not that we wouldn't enjoy thje big,hot scene if one would be given to us.... but i don't know when you make the list with pro's and con's whats the possibility to actually have one?
I have another question, and I honestly don't know how I would answer it:

And hey, while we're at it...

If you're not comfortable with either of them leaving for any length of time at the end of season 7, what about at the end of season 8 (again, so long as the ship is guaranteed to survive "off-camera")?
did i told you that i adore your questions?

permanent good-bye? NO and NO and NO.i'll go with the break-up too.... if something has to be done,because i trust the writters to do it right.
but IMO if they really have to do something they could make one of them leave the team for a while, not necesarly like Ryan did because if i do recol corectly he was fired. i would like one of them to leave for a while to work in the PI field (maybe with Yelina) or to teach for a while or towork in a research lab fora change,but still to show the character. this kind of story was already done in tv shows sois not imposible to see it....

permanent good-bye? NO and NO and NO.i'll go with the break-up too.... if something has to be done,because i trust the writters to do it right.
but IMO if they really have to do something they could make one of them leave the team for a while, not necesarly like Ryan did because if i do recol corectly he was fired. i would like one of them to leave for a while to work in the PI field (maybe with Yelina) or to teach for a while or towork in a research lab fora change,but still to show the character. this kind of story was already done in tv shows sois not imposible to see it....

I don't know, I don't really see any of those things happening and I sure hope neither of them would get fired. If one of them was going to get fired.. we know it would be Eric. Calleigh is all about the rules. Except for when it comes dating to Eric (or protecting and bailing him out of trouble, it's true), because she's certainly not following that whole 'No fraternization among colleagues' rule. Not that I have any complaints about that. I'd break the rules too if I worked with Eric.:lol: But anyway, it's not like anyone can get fired for breaking that rule. They just simply wouldn't be able to work the same cases.

With Calleigh and Jake, it was way more simple. When Stetler found out about them, it was just like they couldn't work the same cases anymore. Calleigh and Jake didn't work as closely or together as much as her and Eric do since her and Eric are both CSIs and Jake was in like a whole other department. I do think that Calleigh and Eric probably would be seperated. A shift change for one of them would probably be the biggest thing to happen, I think. One on day shift, one on night shift. There are obviously going to repercussions because they're together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back