Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Re: Eric and Calleigh #35

I have a tendency to over analyze things. I probably read too much into the I loved watching you sleep thingand the way that Eric glanced over at Calleigh while they were comparing the handwriting samples but I really didn't see any significance in the initials.

IMO, the writers are sending us subliminal hints about Eric and Calleigh's growing relationship so that way we can be happy and the rest of the non-hiphuggers won't complain as much that our ship is taking over the show. Of course the stolen glances help a lot too...but that's just me ;)

2. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Dude, I'm right there with you. I didn't read into that scene the way most other people did. To tell you the truth, I'd already forgotten what the note said and wasn't paying attention to the words during the coffee/evidence processing scene.

I thought the scene was sufficiently shipperish without the stalkers note adding to it.

So... am I remembering the spoilers correctly? Is next week the episode in which...
    ...Eric sees the photo of Calleigh with "the dude on the horse" and confronts her about it? Or does he see it in one episode and confront her about it in the next?

3. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

Yeah, I have the same problem. When I watched the I watch you sleep line, I didn't react, I didn't think of it until I read it on here. Maybe Eric saw the line and turned his head to look at her, because he actually DO watch her sleep.. what do I know? :rolleyes::)

For Ginnna;
    I think that Eric watches the pictures of her and the stable boy, AND they confront each other in the same episode. That's what I have read:)

4. anamarya

anamarya Witness

we were probably still concentrating on the coffee. is true that watching somebody sleep can be romantic and he probably does.... even if i kinda of believe that she wakes up before him... i don't know why i believe that...i just do...
    but with the initials...IDK.... i didn't saw that connection until somebody said something

5. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

Firstly, I apologize to all ... I just wanted my two cents in ;). I agree with you though, let's keep it pro-EC in here.

Secondly, I guess it didn't need a spoiler tag sorry. Just wanted to be safe... I vaugely remember spoiler tags being used when it was mentioned way back when, but I could be wrong.

Hmm, I didn't remember that from last thread, oops... And Darnit! That is most definetly a waste of their attractiveness...

As for 'Flight Risk', I think the coffee scene 'subliminal messages' may just be a happy coincidence. I didn't notice it either, I was too busy watching Eric's face :lol:. I swear, his smirk is just the cutest thing I have ever seen on a grown man.

Maybe the fact that so many of us are reading into the coffee scene so much is 'cause we have been living off of looks they give each other etc. for so long that we read as much as we can into what we get. :lol: Just a theory.. hehe.

Also: I just noticed.... Eric has his watch back :)

6. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Edit: Double Post

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  7. VirGodess1923

No, unfortunately, I emailed the photographer and posted in the last thread that the pic they posted on the web will be the only one. They picked that one out of the many they took. Sorry, but I wanted to see them too.

I actually think that Eric handled it well. He couldn't get too crazy about her being kidnapped. Yes secretly it was ripping him apart inside, but he had to remain calm to find her and get her back safe and sound. He wanted to rip Cooper's head off for sure and snapped at Natalia when he became a little impatient. That showed how much it was eating at him. He felt helpless and all they could go on was little evidence that she left behind. It was grueling, but he had to be strong and keep a clear head to find the love of his life.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  8. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Ok! Now that you have finally seen what iwas talking about in the Coffee scene back in the last thread let me try to explain with out sounding to much like a know-it-all Smart ass! And if I do I apologize in advance to those that I offend!

I can't understand why everyone seem so confused about how a subliminal message works! They are designed to infultrait your mind with out you relizing it! Their for when you say you had know idea it was going on until someone pointed it out thats what it was ment to do at the time!

Most of us missed it because like some of you said, you were watching Cal & Eric's faces as they looked at eachother! Exactly!!! Thats what was suppose to happen! But while you were watching them the messeages were inandateing your brain and causing you to have a little Aw moment while watching the couple and probably in your mind somewhere you where thinking maybe about the eppisode that is comming up and hoping something will be happening at the end!

Is there a Psyic major out there that understands this stuff! Lol!

Now after it has been pointed out and you go back and see it, you are like I don't understand it and then you question it and feel that it has no meaning to it! TRUST ME ! I promiss you it did exactly what they wanted it to do! It more than likely had some sort of an effect on your thought pattern at the moment know matter how small or unseen you probably never even relized you were even thinking anything of feeling anything differant than you normaly feel twards the couple. But I am almost certain there was a small suttle thought in most of your minds. It doesn't really even have to be anything directly about the words in general!

Ok hold the fort! Hubby just came in and gave me a good explanation of how to explain this maybe you'll understand!

He said it is like when you are at a movie and they flash one frame up on the screen of popcorn, and it is done so fast that you atomaticly want popcorn as soon as you see it. Theaters are notorious for doing this to involke the automattic need for popcorn and raise sale at the snack counter. So the scene the other night is the same thing. They flashed tose words up and you may have just had that gooshy feeling about them because of the words that hit the screen!

if I'm not making any sence please tell me!

But I assure you that it did what it was ment to do!

9. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Okay, I still disagree. Sorry. People see things how they want to see them, but I honestly do think that this is being read too much into. I get the whole subliminal message thing, but I don't think that's the case in this situation. It's just a coincidence.

I hope I have not offended anyone.

Anyway- I'm glad that this week is hurrying by (at least, for me) because I am so ready for it to be Monday already. Any episode with EC is usually a good episode.

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi Hiphuggers.....

Am still depressed(NO not in the real world) .....But know what could save my day.

Any news on 7.20?

Just one kiss and a hug? I don´t ask for much.......Using puppyeyes at the sceen.

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I understand what you're thinking, but I also understand people who don't think the same. Let me tell you one thing first. The thing about popcorn in theaters... Flashing pictures that your conscience doesn't register, but your subconscience does is a form of brainwash and, as far as I know, it's illegal. I know that TV used to do that to make some products more popular, but as far as human rights are concerned it's a no-no. Of course, not to mention that you have to be submitted to a brainwash like that for few months to see the effects, so I seriously doubt producers had an idea like that. If that quote "I enjoyed watching you sleep" had anything to do with EC and Eric's longing look, my guess is that maybe it reminded him of how he liked to watch Calleigh sleep and that's why he smiled. It might have something to do with director, producers, writers or maybe it just came up that way when they did a montage. As much as I imagine Eric as a person who enjoys watching a woman he loves sleep, I think that that scene just came out like that in the montage.

That said, I have a question:

When they film EC scenes, does director tells them everything they have to do, or do Emily and Adam do some things on their own? For example, in 7.17 (I think) the scene with the chair... I doubt director actually told him to do so. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Guess what guys? We're over 100 posts already. We rock!!!

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I agree with you, I guess it's their way to give something to us and don't annoy other people too much. Though I think they will be annoyed as long as Calleigh and Eric are together, which I completly don't understand.:confused:
    But I like this subtle hints, it's sweet:).

I totaly don't get it, if they are not going to show those pictures then why they made them:scream:? It's so mean:p. I'd really love to see them, especially if they are really so hot;). And I'm sure they are.

13. IMissGriss

IMissGriss Victim

Hey everyone, I've been reading for a while. I love your comments so don't need to post much but I was surprised with the coffee scene that no one mentioned what Calleigh was doing.

I think Eric was definitely just smirking at her being there. That she brought him coffee just made him smile, you could tell he was like a little boy at the sense of her being there with him. I also agree it looks like he doesn't know what to do with his hands, changes the coffee from one to the other. And Calleigh is aware he keeps looking at her and has a slight smile too. But what I love is she seems to be drawing circles with her fingers on the table. Like she doesn't know what to do with hers either. It could be what she does when she's processing evidence, a nervous tic or something. But then she turns to look at him. He isn't even looking at her right away and she is just staring at him. And when the computer pops up the match, she cocks a bit of an eyebrow and slowly turns to the screen.

I love it. Her turning to look at him for no good reason, and not seeming to want to turn away...very cool. :thumbsup:

PS: Yeah I know we're big cheeseballs for dissecting all this stuff but on CSI, you gotta take it where you can get it.

14. VirGodess1923

I got it and yes, there was a subliminal message in there somehow. I immediately noticed it. Oh and thank your hubby. They shared that scene together for a reason. They wouldn’t have prolonged the writing on the screen and make them do those nice things in that scene if they didn’t want to send us a message. I don’t know about the letters “ED” having any meaning though (hope Im no being offensive), but maybe that was just part of the scene.

I think we are all secretly CSIs at heart. We overanalyze everything here, and always try to find any additional meaning under one of their scenes. We have to point out things that others don’t see and that’s what keeps us going.

About USA Today Pics:

I know, it is disappointing. I begged him to let me know when and if they are going to release these pics because I know our shippers here are too excited to see them. He said he would let me know. Nothing yet, but crossing fingers…

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I agree with you gals- If you ever watch the bonusfeatures on DVD. You realize what much work goes into every scene...Theese guys blur edges on frames if they have to. And allways keep the golden flashy colouring that is CSI Miami.

Again news on that to expect in 7.20?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.