Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

OMG! He really was naked? AH!:eek: No seriously, I've watch the epi three times and that scene about five times, I thought so cause I kept staring to see itf he had anything but it never showed, I just figured he had on boxers, but i guess not!

Please, someone tell me it's true!

2. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

As for the 'jeer'-ers I don't know what it is, but I'm sensing some of them might be just dead set against anything, just because its EC:

Nothing against anyone on that board in particular, I just find that..quite interesting..lol :rolleyes::p

LOL, I wish we could just have a collage of all sexy glances they give each other... it would be a big collage. Especially Eric and his smirk, ;). It gets me everytime :adore:!

And I agree, especially in season 5, all the looks they gave each other, unconcious or not were just :wtf:. I remember just replaying the end of Born to Kill just for those loooks eeek.

3. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

All you'll get from watching the last scene of Born To Kill is CaKe and Jake shoving his rusty mouth onto Calleigh's and an upset Eric in the background.

Oh yuck! I'd trade that episode for Sink or Swim any day.

4. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

From an EC shipper who still has an immense amount of respect for JC and what they had, let's try not to linger on remaining JC negativity. :) Especially since we do have our lovely naked Eric in Calleigh's bed (!!!) to think about... :D ;)

That said, I'm with you, restless-mess - omg, those looks. I think those looks were some of the most significant between Eric and Calleigh, personally. Eric's letting Calleigh know in no uncertain terms that what she just did really wasn't cool, lol. There is no way she looked back at him without seeing the depth of his hurt - I mean, it looked like watching her kiss Jake absolutely destroyed him, poor baby. :(

But there's this crazy part of me that just adores heartbroken Eric. I'm not even joking, haha. Granted, I love happy and in love Eric more, but there's just something about heartbroken Eric that makes you want to cuddle with him. :D If it wouldn't have been quite that awkward given the situation, I don't know how Calleigh would've been able to stop from rushing back to him from that elevator. I mean, Eric looks at you like a lost puppy; are you gonna ignore him? Didn't think so. ;)

It was Calleigh's expression in that scene that threw me for a loop, though. To be honest, I'm still not entirely sure what she was trying to convey, unless it was that she honestly didn't realize the magnitude of what had just happened. I think she might've been just as confused as Eric.

Aside from the looks of heartache, these two have had some serious eye-sex through the years. I mean, wow. I don't think I've ever seen two characters who weren't romantically linked yet go through 6-7 years of looking at each other like they wanted to rip each other's clothes off as much as these two have. And I love it. :D

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just love all the pics that were posted :). They all show the amount of chemistry these two have and have had since the beginning of the show. Burned has defintely one of my all time favorite EC scenes.

You know I've thought about this a lot and I still haven't thought of an explanation to convince me 100% as to what she was thinking. I do think that the intensity of the situation took her by surprise. That ever since he got shot there had been these feelings building up in her that she may have thought were just caring feelings but at that moment it hit her that it was way more than that. I definitely would not whisper a guy's name like that if he was just my friend and even less if he were my brother. I think that Eric was a little surprised by it and he was too realizing that there might be something more building up in him just like when she gave him the kiss in Just Murdered. It's a great scene, I really love it :).

I love that now that they are together not only do they have their great chemistry but they are so comfortable with each other also. Great example of both things...Sink or Swim ;).

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think at that moment she was soo overcome by her own emotions but more by his caring and thoughtfullness when he took the time to look at her finger and pull a small shard of glass out of it as if it were an entire pane of glass. ;)

But, after seeing that one scene over and over again, it is actually hard to exactly pin point what really was going on there. I think she was trying to catch his attention that they were holding hands and her own emotions and such played a big part in it. But I always thought she was going to say something but stopped.

It was the way she said his name. It made me think she was going to say more and she said his name to catch his attention but when he looked at her and she could see he realized the intensity of the moment, she clammed up. I have no doubt she felt a "spark" of some kind between them at that moment, she just couldn't find the courage to actually say something.

Thanks for posting all those pics :D I can totally see, through those how these two have aboslutely NO chemistry whats so ever! :lol: I mean c'mon, the eye sex alone is enough to set a room on fire!!

7. electra

electra Pathologist

I have always wanted Eric and calleigh together but I was more of a casual viewer during season 5 and 6.Still , I remember that when I watched that scene of "Burned" I believed that had it not been a crime scene,we would have an E/C baby now.I don't think it was especially deep,they were just really attracted to each other.Of course,we know that there was much more then that there but at that moment it was attraction.

8. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

While that scene in "Burned" was intense, my defining moment was in "Death Grip" when Eric went off to brood in anger because of the inequality of the responses to the individual victims. Calleigh is the only one that noticed and the only one that took the time and care to see to him first and the victim's body part second. I think that was the first time she ever put Eric's welfare above the case. It showed deep and genuine emotion and was the moment that really made me think that there may some day be something more between them.

9. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Hi guys...

I popped in here to check in on y'all, and I realized it's getting time to set up a new thread. Is there a consensus on a new title or do we want to set up a poll? If you have ideas for titles, please PM them to me so I don't miss them or forget them as I'm setting up the new thread. ;)

WOW! Hip Huggers Rock!!:p

10. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

The glass removal scene in Burned is one sizzling hot scene btw Eric and Cal (the writers didn't include a fire and named the episode Burned for nothing!). Seriously, you've got to be missing the boat with your eyes screwed on backwards if you thought they have a bro/sis relationship! :lol: I realize whether one sees chemistry btw two characters is subjective but sister and brother with these two? Even though I'm not a fan at all of GSR, with them I don't see a bro/sis thing going on either. Greg and Marcia on Brady Bunch, yes I see a bro/sis there!

YOu know, I've watched that scene many times but for the first time today, I just noticed something that I didn't before when I accidentally had the volume waaaay up. With the volume up very high, I had no idea Eric had whispered "I've got it" after he removed the glass right before Cal whispered "Eric". I felt like an idiot, how did I miss that! And now that I think about it (or overthink it), maybe she was supposed to whisper also "Thanks Eric" but only managed to barely mouth "Thanks" and we only hear her low whisper of "Eric". All that time, I thought only Cal whispered in that scene when in fact both of them did! To me it goes to show how both of them was hit with the realization that they can't deny the hot chemistry btw them, so hot that it rendered them to both whisper. Oh well, I am overanalyzing this!

Regardless, that scene was sizzling hot and they no doubt generated enough electricity to power a village.

Forgot to say, I agree, I like the "We're In this Together" for the next title!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

First of all, I loved that moment. But, then again, what Hiphugger didn't, right? Anyway, I agree with everyone who said that Cal was overwhelmed with her emotions and attraction for Eric. I think that the way Eric was looking at her would leave any girl completely speechless.

Oh, and the pics you gals posted are just :devil: and :adore: I can't believe someone can't see the chemistry there. I think it's more that some people don't want to see it. However, we shouldn't worry about that because our ship sailed, we're canon, OUR COUPLE IS DOIN' IT!

By the way, I think we all agreed on that title VirGoddess suggested, but as far as I'm concerned if there are more ideas we can vote... Whatever the rest of you prefer...

12. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I'm in on the thread title as well. I like it :thumbsup:

I am going to agree with the rest of you here and say that she was overwhelmed by his close proximity and how innocent him taking a glass shard out of her finger turned into a moment where she was speechless.
    I absolutely loved when he whispered I got it and she whispered his name because I am sure she wanted to say something else and like someone else mentioned, if everyone hadn't been around she would have jumped him (again, why it took her so long is beyond me :lol:)

I was watching Hurricane Anthony last night and realized something that probably took me too long to realize. The scene at the end where she is in the breakroom with Speed & Eric and she is babbling on about the cases. She raised an eyebrow at the guys but in my mind she did it for Eric and his smile at the end...oh I loved it. Sorry it could be my overactive imagination at work :lol:

I also watched you may know kill the bride over the weekend (for the millionth time I am sure) and had a huge grin on my face when they recreated the moment. The smile she had on her face when she stepped up to him was so freakin adorable and of course the look on his face said this is the woman I am going to spend the rest of my life with. :adore:

I'll be watching the Menalist tonight, hopefully I will spot a promo.

13. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

I think after Eric was shot, Calleigh's realized the depth of her feelings for Eric, but I think Eric didn't make the emotional connection quite as fast. I think he's always had some level of attraction and friendship, but I don't think he seriously considered a relationship with Calleigh. I honestly think that Natalia's comment to Eric in "Burned" was the first time he actually started thinking about the idea of he and Calleigh seriously.

Calleigh's look and "Eric" in Burned seemed a little like her testing the waters...I think she might have said/done more if he had reacted differently, but he wasn't quite there yet. I think by the time Eric "caught up" so to speak, Calleigh had had time intellectualize and to start thinking about the potential pitfalls of a relationship with a close coworker and let her brain get in the way. Jake coming along was a convenient way out of the situation, temporarily. I think she may have been expecting Eric to go back to his prior dating patterns and I don't think she counted on the change in Eric's feelings, going from his "player" days to being completely focused on the idea of a long-term future with Calleigh. That realization sort of blossomed and developed through the end of season 7 and beginning of season 8 they finally started talking about it and now here we are ;)

Wow, that was verbose. Sorry.

14. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Okay, just to make sure that I'm clear since I've been in and out and am behind in my reading and posting. The thread title is going to be:

Eric and Calleigh #36 We're In This Together Now

I'm cool with that if everyone else wants it.Now, on to Eric and Calleigh. I don't know how anyone can say that they have no chemistry. They've spent the last 7 years giving each other smoldering looks and innuendo laden remarks. I hope that they allow them to fight though. Just imagine the make-up sex they can have...:p

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Yeah, that was the title we were talking about. It's really good, and as much as I realized everyone liked it. However, if there is someone who thinks we should have a poll, now would be the time to say it.

Audrey, I agree about the fights and make-up sex... Imagine what kind of smut fics we could get out of something like that.

I think you mixed something up, because we're in season 7 now, so... But that's okay, it happens. ;)

I personally think that Eric started realizing his feelings for Calleigh right after his shooting, but Cal was the one who wasn't prepared. However, I agree with you about Calleigh thinking that he would maybe go back to his old ways of dating. Maybe she thought that he only had a crush on her, that she was only a current interest or something like that. He proved her wrong, though. I mean, when a man, especially if he used to be a 'player', waits for you for 2 years, he is serious about you for sure. I'm just glad she realized it finally and allowed both of them to be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.