Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

That's so ture Delkolover, those are my reasons for watching Vegas and NY.

Quote:
    Us, as viewers, obviously got what we wanted by EC finally being put together. Do you think writers will split them up just for the sole purpose to make the non-fans happy? Do you think all the complaints and/or compliments from the viewers have any effect on what the writers do for EC?

First of all, there are way, and I mean WAY more EC fans than non-fans, so breaking them up wouldn't be very good. They'd really have alot of upset fans, I think ratings might drop too. So they wont, and if they choose to ant any point (God forbid) it wont be because of that. And yes, complaints and compliments do have an effect. Cause I remember people on these boards talking about things and have those things later on end up happening on the show. And as for the EC relationship, I think that's why they put up this thing on CBS where you could comment and stuff. The writers might just have heard about the frenzy before 716 and have thought about people who love it and people who hate and obviously want to know where to take this relationship, if they're gonna keep it going or not. Now, dont worry guys, based on the amount of us that like E and C together, the relationship might just last - forever!

If they break up without the intention of getting back together (at least for a while), how do you think they'd behave around each other? Would it be awkward? Who would it affect more, Eric or Calleigh?

I think they stay apart like when working cases and stuff and really avoid seeing each other, you know just to give each other space and time to think and get themselves together before they actually talk to each other to work out the problem they're having. EC is known, not only in mushy fanfics, to be very forgiving. And I think it would be quite awkward to see 'not as happy' faces around the lab, especially Eric, remember he can't really hide his emotions as much as Cal can. I think Ryan and Nat will think somethings up and they wont ask Eric because he can be rough, so they might ask Cal and she'd enlighten them a bit. But knowing E and C they won't let anything get in the way of their cases, at least try to.

Hm I tend to think it'd hurt Eric more, but now we're seeing Cal's emotions coming out so it can hurt her badly too. They'd probably hurt in about the same level but show it in very different ways. Like for example Eric's emotions almost always show when he's having a problem and someone is bound to find out something's wrong...not like Cal, who can hide behind her wall.

It could hurt him more based on: how much he loves her and wants to settle down with her, he has this thought in his mind that: Cal's his one, to have children with and spend the rest of his life with. So yeah, it's gotta hurt. And this man loves her, ALOT

It could hurt her more based on: her past experiences with boyfriends, I mean being in love and thinking this is the right relationship and something happens whick cause u to separate, must hurt alot. Calleigh's strong but after wat she's been through, this might just kill her inside.

I luuuuuuv these questions!

2. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

wait a second. when calleigh and jake split up, didn't they secretly get back together again. cause i don't understand how the department would know that they broke up just so that they can work together and hide their relationship. so i am just thinking that if E/C is outed this season that they can probably pretend to break up and tell everyone that they did, when they are still together so that they can still work together. does anybody think the way that i am thinking right now???

3. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I can see where you're getting that, because of Calleigh and Jake.. but I really don't think it'd work the same way for Calleigh and Eric. Them breaking up and still working together would cause more problems then being in a relationship and working together. With a break up, though they would stay professional, it would still cause a lot of tension and distractions. We already know they can stay focused and keep professional while they're in a relationship.

Anyway the reason I don't think it will work for EC like it did for JC is because Jake and Calleigh didn't work together near as much, or as close as Calleigh and Eric do.. so it would have been much easier for Calleigh and Jake to carry on with their relationship under the radar with people thinking that they'd broken up because they were no longer working together anymore.

The fact that Eric and Calleigh work on the same team is just more reason to have one of them switch shifts if they're outed. Even if they say that their broken up.. Stetler would probably still think that it's a good idea to have them on different shifts, in case they might have a disagreement or something.

So, I really don't know.. but I don't think that Eric and Calleigh's relationship is going to have anything in common with Calleigh and Jake's when it comes to being outed and how that issue will be approached by Stetler and by them.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  4. Georgie

Georgie Victim

Hey everybody,
    im new. i have been reading this forum for a while and i finally decided to join. I only farly recently joined the hiphuggers religion but i've always been a fan of the show.

i would really like to see more of calleighs emotions, i mean we have seen jelous/emotional eric many a time, and i no its not really her style but still.

I have often wondered how calleigh would react if something happened to eric, again we've seen eric get all in a panic when calleigh got abducted so it would be interesting to see how she would be/ disscuss...

5. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I agree also. I think a lot of people tune in to shows because they hear some hype going on about the show and curiosity is definitely the reason. Honestly, in reference to CSI:M, when the kiss was all over the entertainment news and in magazines, the amount of viewers for that episode alone, whether they were fans or non-fans, doubled. A lot of people said it had to do with Diddy being on the show, but really, there was little publicity about him giving a second appearance. The news mostly talked about "the first kiss". I don't think they would've made a big deal out of it if these characters were new to the show. They've been lead characters for 7 years and after such a long time to get something so new and out of the oridinary, people who were curious wanted to see what it was all about. The non-fans can't lie and say they didn't watch it because, like you said delkolover, their natural curiosity and just being human made them watch. I'm sure they were against the ship and gritted their teeth or made faces, but they watched regardless. Whatever the case, whether it be a kiss between the main characters, a death, or accident, we get every viewer out there paying attention.

New Thread Idea: Eric and Calleigh #36 We're In This Together Now

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

People are not only watching, they are commenting and spending time talking about it (even creating new threads...) So whether it's positive or negative the show is being talked about. So if the show is being talked about, those who don't watch will have their curiosity peaked and they are going to want to know what all the fuss is about and thus tune in. There's no such thing as bad publicity. ;)

First of all welcome Georgie :)

We got a glimpse of worried girlfriend in Sink or Swim when they were trying to do the thing with the tooth to prove that Eric's bio dad was from the states. I loved how worried and trying to stay focused Calleigh looked. I think that if Calleigh knew that Eric was in a dangerous situation she would get into bullet-girl, serious cop Calleigh mode with I-mean-business in her eyes and watch out those who are in her way. She would definitely make good on her promise to protect Eric. I think that just like Eric goes into either really concerned or really angry mode she would go into I-will-shoot and I mean it mode. After it all goes down then maybe we would get a glimpse at how worried she had actually been through it all.

Here's a pic of worried Calleigh in Sink or Swim in the tooth scene...

[​IMG]

I like it :thumbsup:

7. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

You know how it is in show business, no matter what they say the most importnat is that they are talking at all. So I guess the writers and producers are glad that people are talking about the show. Even if it's not always in a good way, it's still not a bad thing, because if they are doing it, that means they are watching it.:)
    Anyway there's no way to satisfy everyone;). The more I'm happy that now it's our turn to be satisfied and I hope they won't take it away from us any time soon.

I completly agree with you, I'm often surprised that they saw something what I didn't. And I am the one who loves Eric and Calleigh relationship.:lol:
    Besides even if they are complaining they still watch it, so I guess it's not as bad as they say.

I think it's a great idea for new thread title. I really like it.:thumbsup:

8. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Hey i think thats a really great idea:thumbsup:thats a wonderful name.
    I agree and when the poll is on I really like it and I agree.:)
    that name really sutes them great with coming up with that name.

9. VirGodess1923

Thanks all! :) I thought it was fitting and it brings me back to the Sink or Swim scene in the detention center. From here on out, its one unit!! :thumbsup:

In that pic, Calleigh was so worried, but she was trying to contain herself while in Horatio's presence. She did snap just a little at Ryan too. I felt so bad for her there. That was their only hope in finding a loophole to save Eric. When the results came back, I know she did a dance and a flip inside. I know I would've.

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Virgoddess: I love the thread title :thumbsup:

The pic of Calleigh in Sink or Swim is great. We don't normally get to see Calleigh showing that much emotion so to see that Eric's situation did get to her is something that I look forward to seeing more in the future. He brings out a more emotional side of her.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the season holds for our favorite couple. Especially for the next episode.

11. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yes I like the thread title too :D :thumbsup: It sounds absolutely perfect not just for them in general but for their situation....cuz we all know eventually they are going to be outed. They are going to have to stand by each other when the spit does eventually hit the proverbial fan!

We don't normally see Cal show so much emotion so that was indeed nice to see her express, at least via facial expressions, that she was concerned about Eric and his situation. Ever since they got together, Cal has shown more emotion...not just concern but she seems to be a little bit more relaxed in general. At least I think ;)

I am both excited and saddned about next Monday's (4/27) ep b/c it is Corey's ep but it is also his last for the show :(....so hopefully since it is his last he will give us something really cute where E/C is concerned. He has always been on our side and I think at heart he is an E/C shipper too. I am really going to miss corresponding with him. He is definately a top notch guy.

12. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

It is definitely nice to see Calleigh show emotion. Like in Sink or Swim and then of course, on Mondays episode. The emotion didn't have anything to do with Eric.. but it was still great to see that she was showing emotion about something since she doesn't do that much. We also got to see a glimpse of Calleigh's emotions toward Eric in Man Down (I know that was before they got together, but I think it still counts)..when she was visiting him and then when she talked to Alexx about it afterwards. About how he was 'different' and what-not. For me, that seems when her feelings for him really started to grow.:)

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I love that Calleigh is more emotional now. It's so great to watch her when something really gets to her. I feel like now I know her a little bit more. Man Down definitely counts :). Not only beacuse she had worry and pain written all over her face when she sat next to him, but her expression when he woke up and said her name was priceless. I also loved the emotion she showed when she realized that he didn't remember Marisol was dead.

I don't think that this has to be on spoiler tags but just in case for anyone who hasn't watched last night's episode of CSI:LV...

Last night Vegas did an episode based on sci-fi in which Hodges realized or confirmed he has feelings for Wendy. Anyway, bear with me I have a point pertaining to EC. The thing is that during the episode Hodges had several moments (three or four) where he fantasized (yes daydreamed, sound familiar????) about him and Wendy. Not only did he fantasized while on the job, and several times, but these were pretty long sequences, and he set himself on fire in the lab. So I'm thinking, will everyone who freaked out when Eric had his 15 sec of daydream will also freak out with Hodges or will they find it entertaining and funny? Just a little rant I wanted to let out.

14. VirGodess1923

YAY! Let’s do it!! :bolian:

I totally agree. I thought about this and her change and in Sink or Swim was the first time we saw Calleigh with so much emotion towards a man. She was laughing, hugging Eric and kissing him in pubic which shows Calleigh is changed because of him. They have a free love now (less IAB problems to come) and are so happy and comfortable with each other. Eric has such a caring soul whether it be for his family or his friends. Not that Calleigh doesn’t’ have one as well, but its more apparent with Eric. She’s wears a tough shell and now I could see he’s definitely rubbing off on her. I like this new softer, happier, sympathetic Calleigh. We all know when she has to be the bad-a** Calleigh again, she won’t hesitate though. ;)

Although for the short time I've been on here, I feel I will miss him too. :(You and he kept us abreast of what to expect with E/C. I’m wishing we get lots of good stuff for 7.22, also. Hope Corey goes out with a bang!! :thumbsup:

You know, you have something here... I wonder if they will make a big deal out of it. I remember there were a lot of comments about the daydream being unprofessional and out of place in a drama-filled series, but it seems like they are spreading the daydream idea through the CSIs now. I just hope we get the spread equally towards CSI:M on the sexy/steamy bedroom scene for Eric and Calleigh. :devil:

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Hey, guys, it's exactly one month since we started this thread. Our threads usually don't last this long, but I guess that after the hype of Cal and Eric getting together, we were all a bit calmer... However, soon we'll get a new thread and I am very excited about it (yeah, I know that it's silly to be excited about opining a new thread about a relationship between two fictional characters). VirGodess1923, I love the thread title. I'm all for it. It's so EC. They are doing stuff together now. :adore: I always have a smile on my face when I think about them doing something together like watching a movie, eating, cooking, sharing the bathroom... the shower... the bed... the kitchen table... the wall (okay, I'm in the gutter now :devil: as if I was ever out of the gutter).

I don't really watch Vegas that much, but I'm really interested if the same people who made such a big deal about Eric's daydream will make the same big deal about Hodges' or if the criticism is reserved only for the ships that they dislike.

Oh, and I agree with you. I just love this new, emotional Calleigh. We're finally getting our cheerful Calleigh back (I know that we're not there yet, but we're getting something). Eric is bringing this out of her and I'm sure she has all those mushy feelings inside every time he looks at her with these adorable brown eyes. :adore: It's just that Calleigh is not so open with her feelings and is not used to showing them that much. But I'm sure when they are alone, she has a lot of ways to show him how she feels :devil: (and I'm back in the gutter).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.