Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric and Calleigh #35

. The idea of them outing themselves is really interesting. Another possibility instead of them directly saying it to people could be that they just simply stop hiding little gestures. They decide to just let those who notice, well notice. It's not like they are going to be flaunting their relationship around work but maybe if they decided to out themselves then they wouldn't hide little flirty glances or smiles. Let those who take notice be informed.

I do think that we could come up with 100 theories and the writers will still do something completely out of left field.:lol:

^So true! It's amazing how none of us can channel the writers. :lol:

Outing themselves. Very interesting indeed. That would certainly be different.

Season finale. I'd like to not have a cliffhanger. Why? I don't do suspense very well. :p I'd like to see some of them go on vacation. Or at least talk about it like us normal folks do at work. Eric and Calleigh going on vacation together but trying to hide it from everyone else (ala..Monica and Chandler on Friends) would be funny.

Well, Ryan has picked up on it and he told Natalia - even though she didn't believe him at first so I don't think they'll have to tell anyone - I think the lab will find out without them saying anything.

^ I agree, I think the lab will find out on their own without Ryan and Nat. saying anything.I think they will just try to find out if they really are going out. - But after they find out or notice I don't think they are going to say anything.

Hello again! Taking a break from working on my new CSI:Miami fanfic, which, btw, you all should be blamed for me starting one! Staying up all night reading your past posts made me realize that other people were as "E/C"static about them too.

Anywho...I kinda hope that their relationship isn't outed in the way of an on screen argument over switching shifts or interrogations with IAB, per say. Now I say this for a couple reasons.

1) It will only give fodder to the E/C haters who say that the relationship is taking over the show. :rolleyes: We all know it's crazy talk, but if they base a whole big deal over them having one then it semi proves them all right. And as much as I love E/C (kinda to the point that I twitch in my seat looking for scenes on Mondays LOL) I love watching the show for the other interaction/case too.

2) Like a lot of you pointed out, both Calleigh and Eric have been through a lot of stuff in the past couple of years. I know it's television and drama=ratings but come on, this stuff happens in real life all the time. Co-workers date and even marry (even in the law enforcement field) and manage to deal just fine. Maybe there should be one or two episode subplots with IAB and the E/C relationship but I'd like to see it wrapped up in that time frame.

*shrugs* but maybe that's just me...

No matter how this season will end what do you think the next season will bring for our beloved pair? And what would you like to see ?

Honestly, I'd like to see them together in the beginning of next season through the middle, maybe have a fight, break up (ducks from flying objects), remember that they are meant for each other, and marry by the end. I think the writers can pull all of that off subtly in 25 episodes without it overwhelming the show. Not to mention, I just don't see the show running for more than 2 more years. It's not that I don't want it to, it's just that the way TV shows are running these days it's better to go out on top than to flounder for another 4 seasons that are subpar.

Okay...I'm done. :hugegrin:

Hi, Jackieg0630! I look forward to reading your fanfic. Do you have a link you can share, or is there a link in your profile?

I hope they don't have an argument over shifts, and for the same reasons. Too much for the anti-E/C crowd to complain about. If the writers are listening to audience reactions, they'll see that we want this played in a subdued way. No more daydreams, no huge drama, no public spats in the middle of the lab, etc. In fact, I think EVERYONE agrees on that point, E/C fans and anti-E/C viewers alike (of course the anti crowd wants the romance to go away altogether, but would prefer the romance to be very subtle if it "absolutely must be continued").

Also, the other posters have convinced me that it'd be logical for one of the characters, in a "back to the wall" kind of situation, to make the switch without consulting the other. It wouldn't be sneaky or underhanded - it'd be a split second decision made to save both of their careers. And yeah, they don't need to make a big deal out of it, but I think it'd be inconsistent to not at least address it for a few minutes in one or two episodes.

JackieG0630 said:
No matter how this season will end what do you think the next season will bring for our beloved pair? And what would you like to see ?

Oooooooo, a question! I'm so used to asking them... crap, now let's see if I can provide a coherent answer.

Alright, as for what I think will happen...... well, to be honest, I have no idea. Like hiphugger17 and CoachMom said, we just can't seem to channel the writers at all!

What I hope will happen, well, that's a different story. I hope that the writers treat them like a normal couple (well, "normal" in that they're simply two people in love, but of course they'll still have to deal with the fraternization rule). They went through enough extraordinary crap to get them together, so I think they're all tapped out in the disasters-drama-and-kidnappings department, at least for the time being. If the writers keep throwing enormous hardships at them, like ANOTHER hospital-worthy injury sustained on the job, or another huge family revelation like Eric's real birth father, etc, I think I may start agreeing with the "we dislike E/C" crowd when they say that the story has become a bit contrived. I say just leave them alone for a while. Let Natalia take on more drama. Let Ryan take on more drama. Hell, let Tripp or Valera take on more drama. But ease up on Eric and Calleigh and let them (and their new relationship) breathe.

Last edited:

Honestly, I'd like to see them together in the beginning of next season through the middle, maybe have a fight, break up (ducks from flying objects), remember that they are meant for each other, and marry by the end. I think the writers can pull all of that off subtly in 25 episodes without it overwhelming the show. Not to mention, I just don't see the show running for more than 2 more years. It's not that I don't want it to, it's just that the way TV shows are running these days it's better to go out on top than to flounder for another 4 seasons that are subpar.

It really unsettles me that the writers and whoever else is in charge don't know we're they're going with the EC ship. Like whether they're going to keep them together for good or not. Like I don't care if they break up or not..as long as they get back together (they really are meant to be), just the idea of not knowing what's going to happen annoys me. I like spoilers. Lol.

But about how I think next season should go with EC without any thought of what might happen in the remainder of the current season... I just really would like to see no major drama surrounding these two. Like their own personal couple drama is fine, as long as there is only a little amount of that.

Hi, Jackieg0630! I look forward to reading your fanfic. Do you have a link you can share, or is there a link in your profile?

Aw, thanks! Um, the link to my ff.net profile is http://www.fanfiction.net/~jaclynparker

I really hope you all like it!

And as much as I'd like to, I can't take credit for the wonderful question in my post. That honor goes to Monica1604! :)

And I completely agree about the subtlety that needs to accompany this relationship. I don't see where them being together warrents big production in the workplace anyway, except in extreme situations like the kidnapping and hospital-inducing accidents. And even then, when they weren't together, there was obvious upset and emotional involvement. What would make the fact that they are a couple any different? Am I making sense? LOL

It really unsettles me that the writers and whoever else is in charge don't know we're they're going with the EC ship. Like whether they're going to keep them together for good or not.

Well - you allready know I agree 100% .

As allways the mainstoryboard has the clue.... As Delkolover has pointed out: They should and have put a lot of thought into this couple going canon.

1. It has annoyed part of fanbase(how many I don´t know)
2. It has raised expectations in other part of fanbase(hiphuggerclan)
3. It has changed how some of us percive the show. They have added a part and hyped it themselves. If they do the soap - operastyle. (I am leaving and I am not alone). If they over-do it perhaps a malepart of fanbase will leave.(Just a guess). If they under-do it (hmmm gotta think about that one) Who would it affect on a large scale(how would ratings and larger fanbase react) if we didn´t have E/C the entire next season or next 11 episodes?)

They might just be teasing us: "We don´t really know where this is going".(testing the waters for reaction). But if Emily Procters statement is true(see other post about marathon). They aparently don´t know and haven´t decided yet.

Consistency might not have been a strong suite of the Miami show, but are we not past a certain point now?

There might be a jelousy thing comming up
7.19 horseguy. Go read a spoiler in other tread. (Note it is just spoilertalk. ) NOT only are they having a tiff in morgue but it will continue at home. AM NOT PLEASED. You know that I didn´t want them to go there at least not until midseseon nine or perhaps ever. I am so looking forward to tomorrow to see your recap. .

would like to add.....Have you gals noticed that compared to a lot of the other treads We often go long, detailed and argumentative....Gotta love that.....This means hiphuggers are more ( fill in blanks)......:lol: . Not dissing short and sweat. Please note I do that too. Disclaimer.

This is an edit: I will be short.
For thoose of you know the different writers and their style. Who should I watch out for?
Will on my own tjek 7.14 and 7.16 But in future?

New edit : Am now the world greatest Krystal Houghton fan....But is writers just hired for 2 -3 seseons or ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it also bothers me that there just are going along with this couple not really knowing where they want to go with this because it could go very badly. I mean they've been building this couple up for a long time. Maybe the want us to think they dont know where there going w/EC and then throw us some twist and turns.

I had a feeling it would they'd end up talking about it at her place plus it wouldnt make sense for the bathroom scene in 7.20 without them talking about at her place. I am super excited now. Theres no way I'm going to be able to concentrate in school today!

Ajbuckly said:
7.19 horseguy. Go read a spoiler in other tread. NOT only are they having a tiff in morgue but it will continue at home. I am so looking forward to tomorrow to see your recap. AM NOT PLEASED. You know that I didn´t want them to go there at least not until midseseon nine.

Don't worry, it's not going to be a tiff. He's going to warn her about someone targeting the team and ask her about the horse guy, she's gonna say that it was before "them", Eric will tell her she should warn him, Cal will agree. He's gonna make a comment about her still having his phone number in her phone, but that's it. As far as I remember she's gonna ask him to talk about it at home "tonight", but my guess is that that comment is there just to show us that they are going home together, that their conversation wasn't that big of a deal and that they are fine and still in a very stable relationship. I'd personally like to see some emotion in that scene, like Cal taking Eric's hand in hers while reassuring him that the horse guy was one afternoon before them or something like that. I'm sure Emily and Adam will be great with this scene, they are fantastic when it comes to facial expressions. I really can't wait for this scene. Whoever does a recap first is my best friend... ;) :lol:

I see it's a bit quietly here, but I guess it will change after tonight's episode.:)

In the next season I'd like to see more stability and hapiness in Calleigh and Eric's life. But I don't know if it's possible, I mean if they don't know yet what to do with this relationship, well it can be bad sign.:(
Though on the other hand maybe they are just teasing us, you know trying to keep people interested of what might happen in the future. They did something like that before, so it wouldn't be completly weird if they're trying to do this again. I just don't want to watch spoiling such an amazing couple only to shock or surprise people.:scream:
But maybe I'm totaly wrong and they'll listen Emily and let them stay together. It creates a lot of possibilities in the future, so I guess they should use it properly.

And I hope that like always someone describe the episode before some of us will be able to watch it.;)

Last edited:
I see it's a bit quietly here, but I guess it will change after tonight's episode.:)

In the next season I'd like to see more stability and hapiness in Calleigh and Eric's life. But I don't know if it's possible, I mean if they don't know yet what to do with this relationship, well it can be bad sign.:(
Though on the other hand maybe they are just teasing us, you know trying to keep people interested of what might happen in the future. They did something like that before, so it wouldn't be completly weird if they're trying to do this again. I just don't want to watch spoiling such an amazing couple only to shock or surprise people.:scream:
But maybe I'm totaly wrong and they'll listen Emily and let them stay together. It creates a lot of possibilities in the future, so I guess they should use it properly.

And I hope that like always someone describe the episode before some of us will be able to watch it.;)

You know I'm usually the first one to freak out when I hear stuff like this (the not knowing were the couple will go...) cause being the pessimist that I am I immediately think the worse. Oddly, I'm not scared with this comment. I just think that they invested too much time into this storyline, they did it so carefully, and both actors are so excited, that I don't see them just pulling the plug so easily. I do understand that they might be nervous with it because the show is long from being over and it's kind of a "now what?" situation. I do hope they realise they don't have to follow TV protocol and make this about just drama, drama, drama. I think EC has the potential to stay together, have great moments, and work through some hardships. Not over the top, dramatic, break-up-make-up and break-up again hardships, but normal relationship stuff. The one couple that comes into mind that was kind of like that was Monica and Chandler in Friends. They became a couple and stayed together without over the top drama. They had some stuff thrown into the relationship but they were always able to just work it out. So I think it can be done and EC would be great for it :).

WOW! I feel like I've been gone for ages!

Ugh!! I'm getting frustrated waiting for this to come on! From all the spoilers I've read, he does ask her whats his number still doing in her phone, but they dont get into a full blown out argument about it. Eric is just going to be Eric with a little bit of jealousy in him, but that's it. They do talk about it that night, but haven't really seen anything on spoilers about what happens that night. If it does get a little heated or get really sappy, we all know where they'll end up ;). I guess they may give us a little glimpse of how, but who knows where the writers will take us :confused:

Lets see....I think this season will bring a lot of excitement, a lot of ups and downs with IAB and the Russian Mob. Lots of situations may try to bring them apart, but I have a strong feel that they will beat the odds.

What I would like to see is their relationship growing stronger and them giving hell together. It would be great to have them prove they can remain professional and it be given the "ok" to work together without a hassle.

I would also like to see them stay a couple through this season, at least, if they plan to break them up :(. I would rather they get back together, if the season goes through another year. There has to be a wedding down the line at the series finale....please??? :rolleyes:

You know I'm usually the first one to freak out when I hear stuff like this (the not knowing were the couple will go...) cause being the pessimist that I am I immediately think the worse. Oddly, I'm not scared with this comment. I just think that they invested too much time into this storyline, they did it so carefully, and both actors are so excited, that I don't see them just pulling the plug so easily. I do understand that they might be nervous with it because the show is long from being over and it's kind of a "now what?" situation. I do hope they realise they don't have to follow TV protocol and make this about just drama, drama, drama. I think EC has the potential to stay together, have great moments, and work through some hardships. Not over the top, dramatic, break-up-make-up and break-up again hardships, but normal relationship stuff. The one couple that comes into mind that was kind of like that was Monica and Chandler in Friends. They became a couple and stayed together without over the top drama. They had some stuff thrown into the relationship but they were always able to just work it out. So I think it can be done and EC would be great for it :).

That's the thing. It bothers me that they don't know where they're taking the storyline.. but it's also comforting that they took so long putting Calleigh and Eric together, that they aren't going to end that relationship anytime soon. If they were going to, then they wouldn't have wasted like 2 and half seasons developing the storyline.

A few people have pointed out Monica & Chandler from Friends as the ideal relationship example. In no way is it even possible to compare that show to CSI but as far as tv relationships and couples go.. they are a good example.

By the way, Ginnna, your avatar is amazing. It made me laugh.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back