Eric and Calleigh #32 - Seven Years In The Making.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Dec 31, 2008.

?

Eric & Calleigh #32 Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 14, 2009.
  1. Girls like Flowers

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Ready to Settle Down

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Moving Towards Each Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's been brewing for a long time

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Seven years in the making

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  6. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. As Foretold by Nostradamus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

If they have a talk in the 7.12, what is Calleigh going to realize in 7.14? You know that big thing she's supposed to realize after her near death experience? Maybe, in 7.12, she says that she doesn't want to loose their friendship, he says that their friendship means a lot to him and that they are not going to loose it if they become lovers and she tells him she'll think about it or that she needs more time or something like that. Then, in 7.14, Calleigh will almost die and she'll realize that she doesn't want to wait anymore and they get together. There is one more chance. Maybe they get together in 7.12 and in 7.14 she tells him that she loves him (maybe not in those words) and that will be that big realization (well, more revelation, because I think that she realized how much Eric means to her a long time ago). Oh, and should we put in context that flirting Calleigh is supposed to do and that chemistry she's supposed to have with that guy with horses? It comes between two EC episodes (because I think we can call 7.12 one of the EC episodes).

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Hmmmm... a very plausible explation Marija. She could very well still be gun shy about a relationship in 7.12, then decide in 7.14 to hell with her fears and go for it.

As for Calleigh flirting with the horse trainer... I thought HE was supposed to flirt with HER, not that she reciprocated the flirting. He starts it, and maybe she doesn't go for it because she has feelings for Eric... which we all know she does ;).

3. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Promos can definitely be misleading. I'm look at it trying to decide via the background if the "conversation" is at the same time or not. The backgroud is blurred but it looks to me like two different conversations spliced together. They don't look like their in the same place to me.

But....I have been know to--on occasion--be wrong. :p

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I too agree that Marija's explanation is very logical. From what I understood about the horse trainer: he flirts with her and she kind of likes it or isn't defensive about it. I don't think she says or does anything back. Still it's kind of out of context given what we know (or think) will happen in 7.12 and 7.14. From everything that I've thought could happen Marija's explanation is the one that makes more sense as of right now. He does or say something to indicate feelings, her walls come up and she says something about frienship to which he responds that their friendship is imp yada, yada. Maybe we'll even be left hanging after that, IDK. And yes, these are two different conversations because as it's been mentioned before the backgrounds look different. Ahhhh is it monday????:scream:

5. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

AHHHHH! thanks for the promo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):)

6. aquapristine

aquapristine Civilian

Hi guys. :D I'm new on the boards, but I'm so happy to find such a big, loyal group following my fave couple, C/E.

The promo really got my hopes up. I was thinking that 7.12 was going to be a filler episode, no C/E action, but now I'm really happy. I think the dialogue is out of context, and it was done that way purposely to get us excited. Even if it ends up being not what we think it is, it's still a step toward Eric and Calleigh talking about their relationship, which is always welcomed, if not overdue.

Can't wait till Monday. :thumbsup:

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

That was my first thought.....

They are sooo damn misleading...they could, in one scene be talking about where things are going and then in another, which seems to be in a totally different location, talking about something else! For all we know she could be confronting him about his family about other things or the case...was I like OMG :eek:, hell yeah! But we all know how misleading the promos are and Adam and Emily have confirmed they are both ready for their characters to move forward. Emily did say she hopes Cal doesn't rebuff him b/c, as we all know, she has issues. Look, this can't be easy and while she may want to say no, her walls will come down.

It is however, entirely possible, that Cal tells him she is confused not about him but about herself but her incident in 714 makes her make up her own mind about them. If that last part is plays out exactly how we saw it and how we all think it will, maybe she kjust wants to hear him say, not read it on a page, what he really wants from her. Does he want a girlfriend? a wife? a one night stand? She probably doesn't know what to think either about him or herself. When you spend your whole life going with the grain, it is hard to finally choose to go against it. He is probably sooo emotional about this he is stepping over his own feet to do it the right way and in turn confusing the hell out of her and probably himself!

Everyone has some really good theories on this and I totally did NOT see this coming from the spoilers I read so it is a pleasant surprise. Regardless of what happens, it is becoming ovious that E/C is kicking into high gear....they (the characters) are beginning to address what is going on between them.....I think she may try to push him away a little but I don't think it will be for very long.

I will say this, I don't tihnk that anything is going to happen to between them, physically anyhow, in this ep. IDK why I think that, I just do. I think they will, if it all happens the way we are all assuming it is, begin to verbalize what they feel and 714 will be the straw that breaks the camels back so to speak.

It soooo frickin needs to be Monday!! :lol:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

This is going to drive me crazy all weekend! Damn TV always does this to me.

I really, really hope that Calleigh does not tell him that she is confused about them but she is confused about the case. I can see why she would be conflicted on taking their relationship to another level because it would be horrible to lose that connection, but at the same time she could be missing out on what could possibly be the most beautiful experience she has ever had (yes, I am a romantic at heart) Part of me wants Eric to just kiss her already but we know that isn't coming, well at least not yet.

9. delkolover

I've watched the promo about 5 times and each time I come up with a different theory about the situation!! :lol:

Thinks she wants him to make the first move. To make the decision to begin this thing with them. And he, on the other side, wants her to be the one to make the first move b/c he doesn't want to push her. Which in the end, could be what is confusing her.

After all this fodder, how much you want to bet that they are talking about the case?? :lol:

My heart can't take much more of this!!! :lol:

Soooo setting my tivo up to record ET and the Insider on Monday!! ;)

10. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

well, personally, I think that when Calleigh says she's confused, I'm pretty sure that it's going to turn out to be something about the case. I could be wrong but that's what I think. Then, when Eric talks to her about her friendship with him, that's when I think they are talking about them personally and not the case.

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I watched the promo 3 times at work and twice since I've been home. :guffaw:

I keep trying to wrap my head around it, I know they are talking about the case, they almost have to be, but somethings aren't adding up, like the friendship comment, where did that come from and are they sitting outside or something? And the way she smiled at him, I know she does it all the time, but this one felt different like they were talking about them.

Good idea, I think I am gonna have to record that too. Any chance they'll be on the Early show on CBS? Just a thought.

12. delkolover

That seems to be the general consensus but.....

she asks him "what do you want?" Now she could be talking about how he wants to proceed in regards to the case but it seem an odd thing to say doesn't it? URGH! IDK what to think....other than they are going to have a conversation in this episode :lol:

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

They are so obviously misleading us with the whole sequence of scenes in the promo. They are spliced together like they are to make us believe there is trouble in paradise. Makes me want to throw rotten tomatoes at them.

First you see Eric and Calleigh outside where Eric is telling her how much her friendship means to him. Then the next thing you see is Calleigh, obviously inside a building (lab? victim's home?) telling Eric she's "so confused".

Then it cuts to Eric, who is also inside a building, with a not so good look on his face, kind of a look of disappointment, and you hear Calleigh saying "what do you want?".

THEN we see Eric again outside, with a bit of a smile on his face. And to me it looks to be the SAME scene as the first one where he tells her how much her friendship means to him... and looks like he is approaching her, like it takes place before the "frienship" comment. It looks like he is moving forward slightly... as if approaching her. At the "friendship" part it looks to me like he's squatting down, his shoulders are kind of hunched up.

Right after this we see Calleigh INSIDE (and she is NOT in the same place she is when she tells Eric she's confused) with a really not so nice look on her face. It is the same look she gets on her face when she's with a suspect, that "I don't believe a word you're saying" look, right before she busts him/her.

In all probability, all the indoor parts are about the case, she's confused about the evidence, they have a disagreement, the "what do you want?' and look could very well be when she's talking to a suspect. I think the "friendship" part and the piece with Eric outside & the smile on his face is the personal E/C moment we'll get, and it will come at the end.

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

For the entire year I've been on CSI files and for the entire two years I've been reading the threads here, I just found this one. :guffaw:I'm a complete idiot! This is like the best thread imaginable, in my opinion. Well, I wear glasses and I'm still blind. Thanks for the link on the Spoiler page (csi miami) whoever posted it.

Anyway, back to the conversation about Stet, H, Cal, Eric. I think H'll be really sad inside, and would be hesitating to tell her that she can't be in a relationship (work related). DOes everyone remember H's face when he was considering before telling Yelana that Raymond wasn't dead and she finally picked it up and said that something's been bothering him, cause he's hanging his head low... Something sorta like that, trust me Eric and Cal would have to work something out. And for the relationship itself, would like, start off really friendly, nothing sex like (till later maybe, or obviously cause it's Eric we're talkin bout). They'll just drift into a deep, close, boy-friend-girl-friend relationship.

Oh, love...:rolleyes:

15. delkolover

You make some really really good points. I think it is possible though that the "friendship" conversation happens before the "what do you want" scene in that the dialogue would could have a double meaning ya know? What they are discussing about the case could have the double meaning of what they discussed outside....therefore misleading all of us. Think about how when you say something and someone with their head in the gutter gets a totally different meaning from it. The conversations mirror each other in a way. Which is how they were able to splice them together. ;)

It is also possible that whatever they discussed emotionally comes out in the "what do you want" discussion w/o them even realizing it. You have a discussion about something and the tension or thoughts are still rolling around in your head, then when you have a conversation about something else with that same person, your meaning or words display your emotions about the earlier conversation but you are talking about something totally different.....does that make sense at all?? Cuz it did in my head :lol:

In all honesty, if I keep rewatching this promo....I am going to go INSANE!!! :lol:

Welcome C.H.E.A.R.!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.