Eric and Calleigh #32 - Seven Years In The Making.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Dec 31, 2008.

?

Eric & Calleigh #32 Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 14, 2009.
  1. Girls like Flowers

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Ready to Settle Down

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Moving Towards Each Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's been brewing for a long time

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Seven years in the making

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  6. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. As Foretold by Nostradamus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

This little rant.....where and when did you see it? The last thing that I saw on TV Guide regarding trouble in paradise with them was the add for ep 713 itself.

He does show her the pic of herself on the horse. Eric says the trainer might be in danger as well and she better contact him and warn him. His, I wouldn't call it anger, more like contrite comes from the fact that she has his number in her phone. She explains to him that it was only one afternoon and that it was before "they" happened.

She can see he is a little meh about it and asks him if they can continue the conversation later that night and he agrees.

IMO....after all the writers have done to get them together, this little incident, as we shall now call it ;), is just continuity. I mean if they didn't address then it we would all be like "ok so what was the hype about it then?" ya know what i mean? This is not a fairytale, there are going to be bumps in the road and the bumps have to start somewhere and with something....the pic was taken, so therefore it is not something that can tossed aside b/c even if there wasn't a "them" it fits with the overall storyline the writers seem to be going with right now. So, E/C fits nicely into that, not necessarily the other way around. ;)

Something tells me that Eric will feel a little insecure when it comes to them b/c he feels that now that he has her he doesn't want to lose her b/c he knows how private and emotionally closed off she can be at times. He knows not to push. I think he has this fear that since he kind of lost her to Jake there for a while....it could easily happen again. He might feel he is not good enough for her in away...just my opinion though ;)

2. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Ask and you shall receive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkbd40ev-ds

;)

I hope that in future episodes we get an indication that Calleigh is still healing from her medical issues. Continuity is not one of Miami's strengths, but I'm hoping that they don't drop the ball here. She's not going to heal over night, and I suspect she'll need to see the department shrink.

Still and all, Eric will be there for her as always. :luvlove:

Damn! I may get that CSI wedding I'm holding out for. I just hope it doesn't take seven more seasons...:lol:

3. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I just gotta say.... fabulous, FABULOUS episode. And not just for the lots of E/C, although they were about the sweetest thing ever in this ep. Everyone was fabulous and I did a little happy dance in my heart when Alexx came running out of that hospital. Oh, Khandi, please come back!

That last scene with Cal and Eric was just so perfect. Very understated, very them.

My only issue with the ep is this: Eric, if the woman you're all in love with is coughing, DON'T GIVE HER GUM. I was just waiting for her to choke on it.

Apparently all this fabulous E/Cness was just too much for my little laptop to handle, though. I wrote the first part of a post-ep for this last night, and just as I finished my last read-through and minor edit, my laptop died. And I don't mean froze, I mean died and would not turn back on. I managed to get it started up this morning long enough to back up my newer files and get the chapter posted, but it was touch and go there! And I think the laptop still needs much love from the folks at the Apple Genuis Bar. But I got the chapter up!

4. delkolover

This show stays on for another seven seasons and they will all be in wheelchairs :lol:

But seriously, I would LOVE a wedding :D Considering this show contstantly strives to be different, having them last and get married would put them in a realm that really no other show usually dares to travel....stability and length in a relationship! ;) No show really likes to do that b/c they and sometimes the actors feel their characters get stagnet....I say it puts them in a class all there own and opens a can of worms or sometimes even pandora's box!! ;)

5. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I think you're right about Eric. And I think it's going to drive Calleigh nuts. lol I think it might take him a while to settle in and feel like he really has her and she isn't about to slip through his fingers again, and I think Calleigh is not going to like that she may have to reassure him that yes, she's his, and no, he's not going to lose her, and for the love of god stop asking and just enjoy dating me.

I think once they actually start dating they may find that those personalities that make such good friends cause some bumps as lovers. They're going to have to relearn each other a bit within the new context of their relationship.

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

There is something so sexy about Eric when he's not confidante... I know it's awful thing to say, but I just find it kind of cute. I agree that he'll be a bit insecure about their relationship, at least at the beginning. And it will be great to see the Terrence (I can't spell his name) issue addressed... I just can't wait for that episode. I hope we get the kiss before that one, though. Maybe in next episode? I'm gonna hope for that. I don't care if my hops are shattered next week.

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

It was on the megaminute.

I agree with you delkolover, Eric might be insecure when it comes to that because he did "lose" her once to Jake. I think that Calleigh will reassure him that she wants to be with him and only him. I mean c'mon, the way she looked at him last night spoke volumes. She realized how she feels which is huge!

8. delkolover

Which is exactly the way I like it :D I don't want this to be all wine and roses....I want it to be as realistic as the writers can make it. ;)

The transition from friends to lovers is never easy and there is always that "what if" fear....I think BOTH of them are going to go through this; just each in their own way.

Oh yes I agree :thumbsup:

worried and not confident Eric are very sexy :devil:...And it will be interesting to see if that aspect does play out b/c lets face it, Eric has never been shy or not confident when it has come to woman ;)

9. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Even though I think Eric will be a bit insecure about Calleigh and their brand-new relationship, I don't think that he will show any outward signs of jealousy. I think that while he may be a bit peeved about the horse riding, he knows that Calleigh would never do anything to hurt him while they are together. Everything that happened before that hospital room becomes unimportant. Calleigh will talk him out of any jealousy, and they trust each other too much to jeapordize it.

Make sense???:rolleyes:

10. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

I re-watched this episode many times. Not the full epi, but only scenes with Eric/Calleigh (I can't stop :drool:)
    I'm touched! Eric is most solicitous man, which any girl dreams about. How he couldn't part with her hand!!!
    Eric looked so happy in the final scene because Calleigh has given real chance to him.
    And if I remember spoilers by 7-15 correctly,
    in next episode Calleigh will act in court! She quickly recovers - there is a crisp air of Miami!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  11. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thank you so much :thumbsup:

Yes, a wedding, perfect ending and I think it could actually happen.

I think that Eric being a little insecure it's one of the things that indicate how different his feelings are for Calleigh when compared to other women. I know that we've said that after he got shot his confidence was shaken up a bit, and it was, but I still think that even if he wasn't shot he'd still be shy and insecure around her. This time it's not Eric the player going after his prey it's Eric the guy who fell in love going after the woman he fell for. She really makes him shake at his knees and it's adorable to watch. I love this side of him cause it also brings out how sweet and caring he is. I do agree it's gonna get some getting used to cause they are such good friends but at the same time IMO it's precisely that which will help them along the way.:)

13. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Wow, seems like no time since I was opening this thread... :lol: But I see we've reached 1000 posts, so time for me to close it. Thread 33 can be found here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.