Episode 7x25 "Seeing Red" - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 16, 2009.

1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

It was great seeing Yelina again. I am glad the writers continued having her pretend to work for bad guys.

I could tell Ryan wanted to ask Calleigh about her argument with Eric but decided not to, instead he tried to cheer her up which worked because she did smile. It was nice to see them in more scenes together.

Eric definately took a risk helping his father. I wonder what'll happen next season, if there'll be any consequences for that or not?

Would talk about the ending but I don't want to ruin the episode completely, so will wait til tommorow

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

My initial thoughts on the episode:

I might not have been paying attention but I think they took Tara/Megalyn out of the opening credits. (and it looks like they took her out of the cast list on the first page of this thread anyway) Good times -- I hope we get a more dynamic M.E next season or a familiar face.

It looked like a lot of the cinematography and cast placements on camera were done in order to change the opening credits next season, which would be nice because it still looks like the current one was only half finished. :lol:

The storyline was actually pretty simple, I didn't feel confused but I did roll my eyes at some of the things that happened. For instance, I can understand if the team gets into a shootout while being at the wrong place at the wrong time ('Dispo Day', 'Man Down' etc) but it seemed a little unrealistic to me for Horatio to have them call SWAT and then have the team principarily shooting at the bad guys. Oh well. It was fast-paced and exciting.

If you blinked, you probably will have missed Natalia. I think she was in what, 2, 3 scenes?

Ryan had a fair amount of time but I still would have liked to see the overall team a bit more.

Is it sad that at the beginning of the episode when Horatio kissed the dead officer's forehead, I laughed? :lol: Sorry, Horatio. As much as you may think it, you aren't the angel of death. But it was kind of sweet that he looked incredibly upset -- nice to see the human side of him.

YAY Yelina! Good on you for throwing a drink at Horatio, even if it was all in the name of undercoveness. :lol:

The ending of the episode will probably be exciting for some but I kind of shrugged at it -- probably because I know that nothing will be lost (certain consequences may be in order though). Don't want to ruin the end of it so I'll leave it at that. :)

Overall, nice episode and a good way to round out the season but it wasn't my favourite. Here's to season 8 everyone! :D

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

*sigh* I ruined the end unlike the people who posted before me, so if you don't wanna know, don't read under the spoiler tag.

Oh great, Eric's gone missing and apparently he's wounded. I'm not that disappointed over it because I don't actually think Eric's had anything big in a while (last thing was probably his finding out that ... whatshisface is his dad right?), I knew it was coming, and he does deserve something now. Not H or Cal, and Ryan had WISC.

I was so freaked out the WHOLE time with Yelina. I was quite positive she was going to die. :eek: But, phew. And when H shot Ivan when she bent over quick, that was awesome. I laughed when she threw the drink on H and he just sort of stood there. :lol: Even if he knew she was doing it on purpose, it was still funny. xD

I could tell Ryan wanted sooooo badly to either ask Calleigh about Eric or to comfort her, but instead just made a little comment meant to cheer her up. It was nice. :)

The gun fight was awesome. I was surprised Horatio wasn't there and it was only Calleigh and Ryan. I loved how at the end Ryan was like "Are you sure?!" And Cal went "Yes." and walked away. :lol: She probably didn't want to talk about it but I thought it was funny.

I felt bad for Calleigh. I could almost feel her emotions too. She must be soo worried over Eric. Especially since they're together now AND she thinks that it was HER that shot him (if he is indeed shot).

So it was a cliffhanger. Argh. Though imo it's not as bad as it was last year. Maybe it's just because I'm a secret Horatio lover and we all know what happened last year. I'm not a huge Eric fan so I'm more meh over what happens to him (unless he dies! Noooo! :lol: I don't think so though).

Still, it was a good episode, but definitely not the best episode OR season finale. Didn't top Dissolved, at least for me.

OH and they already took out Megalyn E's name out of the credits... so she won't be back.

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I think the promos kind of made the episode predictable which took away the excitement of it. Still the episode wasn't bad. I hope Yelina returns for more episodes in Season 8, I love her! I got to admit I got worried when I saw that man dig a grave, I thought they were going to bury her alive, thank goodness that didn't happen. Natalia does lack screentime, in some episodes she gets a fair amount in others she is barely there. Ryan got a fair amount, which is good because I love to watch him. LOL about Horatio!

Honestly, I didn't even watch the credits at the beginning. If Tara was taken out of the credits, then that would definately mean she is not returning next season which is not surprising considering she was arrested. It would be too difficult for her to get her job back.

I credit the writers for at least wrapping up the storylines (i.e. Tara's addiction, Yelina working for the bad guys, the mob) I am looking forward to the new season, too bad it is months away!

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Haha, saw the Eric cliffy coming. He's not gonna die, I can tell. Betting that he'll show up next season with an injured arm/leg. Thus, I am relaxed this summer. :thumbsup: More thoughts later.

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah i totally called that he would be missing at the end of the ep....the promo was just too revealing ya know? I mean you could piece together the overal outcome just by listening and watching the promo several times.

I am not worried. They will probably find Eric in the first half hour of the premiere.

However AND THIS IS SPECULATION ON MY PART...I really hope that they don't go the "missing amnesia" route. Like next season we see Eric in someone's care but b/c of the blood loss, trauma and maybe even his old head injury, he has amnesia!! Everyone is out there looking for him and he somewhere not knowing who he is. :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't think Cal shot him....I think daddy has something to do with him missing.

7. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I know what you mean, plus making him missing gives them plenty of open-endedness to figure out what e's doing/where he is at for next season.

I'm saying he's got an injured limb, just because he wouldn't be able to live long with an injury to the torso or abdomen. (though an injury to a limb could become infected/ cause him to bleed a lot.) Still he's confirmed for season 8 so I'm confident he doesn't die as a result. He might have been shot by friendly fire, or maybe he got cut from glass or something.

PULEAZE. Stay away from the amnesia thing! Ryan hasn't had an eye problem in forever so Eric should be in the clear with his head injury. Let's keep it fresh and inconsistent, shall we? :lol:

8. delkolover

TV today, imo has become way too predictable!! ;) But yeah I agree, lets keep things fresh and not go backwards!

We know Adam is confirmed for season 8...has anyone heard anything on Emily? I highly doubt she is going to leave but still it would be nice to know.

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I haven't heard anything about anyone leaving the show. It looks like the only one who has left is Megalyn (Tara) which is not surprising considering what has happened. I agree, the episode was kind of predictable which was unfortunate given it's the finale but I am still looking forward to the new season.

ITA w/ you! I believe that Eric's father may have done something to him. I still think of him as a shady character, that and I saw when Eric drove off he didn't look injured at all. It's possible that Eric's father set it up for someone to take Eric. Why else would he not be around when Frank, Calleigh, H were there? If he were bleeding out, he wouldn't have made it far

I also agree about amnesia, I don't think the writers would go there at least I hope so!

10. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

lets all just pray that bullet lodged in his head doesn't do any shifting around..and the next thing we know they finally found him when they are called out to a crime scene, he is laying on the ground passed out, and then he is rushed to the hospital much like what we saw when Calleigh had smoke poising and Alexx is there and going through the same motions only with calleigh worried sick and delko on the table.

I haven't even seen the finale yet, 30 min away, and my imagination has already taken over.

11. delkolover

Ok that would be even MORE cliched!!! :lol: Sure we haven't seen anything lately about the bullet in his head but how much are they going to put him through with this?

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I SWEAR I had a dream that someone said on here, for season 8 spoilers, that the rest of the bullet in Eric's head was going to be taken out. I swear I did.

I hope that's not a sign. :borg:

13. delkolover

Well I wouldn't mind if the fragment was taken out....that would mean it shifted enough for them to be able to take it out and that would be cool imo. Just as long as they don't go the amnesia route b/c of it! That would be cliched and redundant b/c they did the partial memory loss thing when he was first shot.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I hope they don't do an amnesia thing too. They just ended the season of Bones with that kind of cliched storyline. Ugh.

15. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Maybe they take it out and he forgets about Calleigh, :eek: and then she gets amnesia,:eek: and then finally... :devil: I will have H&C together! :lol::lol::lol: LMAO!!!!

I hope you all enjoy it!

HCrazy :cool: