Episode 7x24 'Dissolved' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 8, 2009.

1. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Very much looking forward to this episode!

Z
    :p

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

3. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Ya know? Clavo Cruz was my favorite bad guy, but I think I'm gonna have to go with Saris now. He's hilarious. :)

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

More Ryan! I love him! While I hate that Julia tried to shoot at Ryan, I understand that she was off her meds

Good for Ryan turning Tara in. He gave her a chance and she blew it. He warned her that the next time he couldn't save her, and he was right. I wonder what happens from here, if Tara is gone for good or if she gets a second chance.

The scene with Calleigh and the lady whose family was killed was sad. That guy was a jerk, no remorse whatsoever. I did like what Frank and Calleigh did to him.

Travers working outside the lab, loved it. He's fun to watch.

There's a cute scene w/ Ryan and Eric, joking around

The promo for the finale looks exciting. Why am I not surprised that it is Calleigh and Ryan who end up dodging gunfire

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

My thoughts on the new episode.

Loved to see lots of Ryan -- his bits with Tara were the highlight of the episode to me. I'm glad that he was the one conducting the investigation and I was a little worried when Julia pointed the gun at him! :eek:

Y'know...it was nice that Horatio admitted to Julia that he was wrong and even went the extra mile and admitted that to the judge along with blaming himself for her deterioration but...wouldn't Julia still be responsible for her actions because she was the one that stopped taking her medication? Because if it's her responsibility to take it, it's her responsibility to atone for her actions if something bad happens while the medication isn't being taken. If that's not in accordance with American law or I missed something Horatio said (admitedly, I wasn't paying much attention to that scene) for example, if he had said that it was his actions that caused her to stop taking the meds, then colour me confuzzled. :p

That said, Julia's finally in the nutter barn so hopefully we won't see much from her anytime soon...unless she escapes and kills Kyle or Ron or something. :rolleyes:

I'm a little tired of the suspects confessing right away and explaining everything in detail. I know it's the way to wrap up the episode and tell us what happened and how but... :p again, I'm applying reason to this show.

It was nice to see Ryan and Delko so lighthearted with each other, (teasing, joking etc) so it appears that the events of WISC are pretty well behind them now.

Delko calling his dad for some unknown reason and Calleigh being concerned about it was a nice way to set up the finale. I'm sure something will come out of that.

By the way, Ron's hilarious. :lol: He's now quickly becoming one of my favourite baddies aside from Clavo and Stuart Otis. :D I kind of want to see more of him now.

On that note, I felt a little robbed of Stetler. He totally needs to show up for more than 2 minutes in any given episode. Maybe he deserves his own episode at some point. :p

Overall, nice episode.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree about Stetler, Geni. I'd love to see an episode that is about his past in some way. Kind of like "If I Had A Hammer" was for Cath on Vegas.

I haven't seen the ep yet cause it doesn't come on till 9 here and it's not even 8 yet. But...

So, Ryan tells H and Stets (that's my new fave nickname for him lol) about Tara? I'm sure he is concerned for her and knows she needs help before it gets worse. He's been there and I'm sure he knows how deep in the gambling addiction he was before he got help and I think he doesn't want it to get that bad for Tara. But, he did tell her he wouldn't be able to help her next time and that he wouldn't be able to ignore it and let it slide. She was warned and she didn't get help, so he really had no choice.

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Well Ryan once again caught Tara using pills. He realized she was addicted, so he talked to H. They got a search warrant and Ryan found a whole set of pills that didn't belong to Tara in her locker. That's when H realized she was lying. I missed a part, but yes Stetler finds out.

I agree, Tara was given an opportunity to get her act together but she didn't. Ryan couldn't ignore what she was doing, she is an ME what she does could affect a case. If that's not bad enough, she blamed Julia for something she did. Ryan had to remind her that she hurt Horatio. Then there's Kyle, I felt so bad for him seeing his mom like that.

8. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I always thought Julia was a nutcase but this episode will confirm it.

Its sad that Ryan will out Tara, though. He did warn her and now he has no choice. I wonder if she will get fired? Maybe we'll get Alexx back :thumbsup: Tara grew a little on me, but Alexx brought depth to the ME position.

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I am interested to see what happens with Tara too. Stetler made it clear that her actions were serious, the arrest only confirmed Stetler was serious. Ryan didn't want to do this to Tara, he knows what it is like to screw up and want another chance but he also knew what she was doing was wrong. He couldn't stand by and do nothing, especially when her actions could jeopardize acase. Ryan did the right thing. He gave her a chance, she blew it

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

First Segment:
    The guy landing in the pool and then ending up like what? Woah. Also Tara seems to be getting careless.

Second Segment:
    Horatio is always having family problems - it was the whole Ray/Yelina/Ray's illegitimate child, his non-death stuff for a while now it's the Julia/Kyle/Ron fiasco.

Third Segment:
    Hmmm.... missing girl. And of coarse Tara's drug problem, let's see if Ryan is going to tell Horatio about it.

Fourth Segment:
    Uh wow... Julia is clearly not doing too hot.

Fifth Segment:
    Well, I guess we'll need a new ME next season and as for Julia - she does need psychiatric help.

Calleigh shot at Eric? Looks like it could be a good season finale.

11. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

OMG!!! Calleigh shooting at Eric, Eric fleeing a crime scene! WTF?:wtf: This is not good! I knew something was up when Eric got that mysterious call tonight. At least he confided with Calleigh that it was Sharova! But what does he think he's doing??? I know Eric wouldn't purposfully break the law, so hopefully he is helping Sharova. Crap! Now I can't wait until next week. The finale seems like it is going to be great! I think even better than season 6 finale. Season 7 has been one of Miami's best seasons!

12. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Loved tonight's episode:

The highlight for me was Tara getting arrested.

~Pitbull's "I know you want me" in the opening scene...I love that song
    ~Ouch...that looked painful. That guy in the pool looked familiar, where have I seen him before
    ~Ron makes me laugh :lol:
    ~Eric & Calleigh meaningful look:adore:
    ~Travers outside of the lab :thumbsup:
    ~Eric :drool::drool::drool:
    ~Eric don't lie to your girlfriend :scream:
    ~Ryan in leather pants...oh I got a visual :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    ~Julia is nuts
    ~Poor, poor Ryan, he doesn't get to shoot anyone
    ~Did I mention that the highlight of my night was Tara getting arrested, oh wait I did...sorry :lol:

This is the CSI: Miami that keeps me on my toes.
    Next week...oh goodness...Calleigh shot at Eric...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

13. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

THe episode was AWESOMEEEEEEE!!!!! GODDD This is my favorite season EVER !!!!

14. electra

electra Pathologist

Case was weak but I was really interested in Tara's storyline.She looks like a goner.It's a shame that Miami doesn't have an interesting ME like LV or NY since Alex left.

Great banter between Ryan and Eric.Nice foreshadowing for Calleigh and Eric,too.I am seriously hooked for the finale.

Horatio is still too poker face for my taste.For all the drama around him,I expected more emotion.But there was at least an improvement.

If they adress correctly the situation between Stetler and Yelina,I may become a Stetler fan.He was good today.

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Ho-ly crap. I loved this episode. I don't care what anyone else says about it, I thought it was so good. The case may have been weak but I think they were focusing more on other things this epi. A+++ So...

- The beginning, was so gross. Worse than the wood-chipper.

- Ron Saris actually didn't do it... I was surprised. But what's going to happen with him? Will he be back for season 8?

- Travers in the field?! Dude, I know he was there to help with whatever was in the pool but that was still weird to see him out with the CSI's.

- I loved Ryan and Eric's scene when they were processing the car. :lol: I wanna see those leather pants of Ryan's. lmao. My brother laughed so hard at what Ryan said about some hooved animal stealing the car keys and then proceeding to kill someone. :/

- Ryan looked meaaan when he caught Tara with the pills again. I like how he got to mention his gambling. I think it was a good idea to have Ryan be the one to find out about her addiction since he knows what it's like (even if not as bad as her).

- The morgue scene was freaking intense. :eek: For a second I doubted the promo and thought Ryan DID get shot. And when Julia told him to put the gun down, o0o0o0o0o0o. My whole family was like OH MY GOD when she turned around and held the gun to her own head. I have to say I thought a lot of things during that scene. Thought Ryan DID get shot, thought Julia was going to shoot Tara for implicating her, thought she was going to kill herself. :lol:

- I love how Ryan yelled. YAY! I was hoping he'd get angry, and who wouldn't, having a gun pointed at you?

- Natalia was only in one scene again (I'm starting to think this is Eva La Rue's decision it's been happening so often and only to her) but I like how she comforted Horatio and asked if there was anything she could do to help. Nice to know there's still some team aspect between her and the rest. :)

- The whooole Tara thing, I loved. Loved the search warrant for her locker, loved Ryan checking all the names on the bottles to the dead bodies, loved how he wanted to walk with her to see Stetler (even though he didn't tell her why, though I think she had a fair idea). And I didn't feel the least bit sorry for her when she was arrested, nor did I think Stetler was being a butthead. And Ryan DID give her chances.

- It scared me when that Shane guy slammed the table and the water got all over the floor. I was slightly confused and thought the water had been like the water in the pool. :lol:

- Loved Frank protecting Calleigh in that scene.

- Aw, poor Julia (psh) gone to the looney bin. But I think it's a good thing. Hopefully we won't be seeing more of her any time soon. I'm good with more Kyle ;) but I hope she doesn't show up again for a long while. The scene between her and Horatio was sort of strange. *shrug*

- I felt quite bad for Eric and Ryan when they watched Tara leave. Another one of their team members they couldn't trust, and another ME to leave. I miss Alexx even more now. :(

I think I'm done for now. *phew* Of course I was really dumb and didn't see the promo because I ran up to my room to post this, but my mom told me about it and it sounds pretty intense as well. Can't wait. :thumbsup: