Episode 706 "Wrecking Crew" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Oct 18, 2008.

1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I really liked this episode. Emily is such a good actress, I could feel her pain. Campbell (the guy whose hand she was holding onto) death really shook her up, which was understandable. I like that a more vulnerable Calleigh is being shown.

More of H working in the lab, I like

I also like that Eric, Calliegh, Natalia, Ryan and Frank all got a good amount of screen time unlike in the previous episodes.

2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I think he made himself drop!! Fo real, it totally wasnt Cals fault, although I new it wasnt before.

3. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I thought that too. The way he was talking it was like he was ready to let go. Either way I still felt bad for Calleigh

Aww, poor Ryan. He's afraid of heights.

4. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Anyone else think the mom and son were doing some serious overacting there?

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. :) *huggles Corey Miller*

^ Yeah I thought the mom was a little intense.

I'm going to put my thoughts in a spoiler code as it hasn't aired everywhere yet. And er, don't mind the disjointedness and over-excitement, I've had way too much sugar tonight.

I didn't notice too much colour coordination going on so finally I wasn't distracted by the outfits.

Firstly, Emily did a good job with this storyline, I really felt how saddened she was by the ordeal and it was nice to see a case affect her so much, despite how horribly it could have gone down. The end where she pulls out the body and holds the victim's hand = aww! I felt really bad for the guy, the look on his face said it all. :(

Horatio in a lab coat doing actual forensic work! I could never grow tired of that. Although didn't he already say the line "I don't...have to do anything" once before? I could have sworn he said it last season...unless it was said in the promo and I'm losing my marbles, which totally isn't out of the question. :D

*hugs H*

RYAN! :lol: :lol: How much do I heart him? <<<<<<<THIS MUCH>>>>>>> and more. He is seriously the highlight of the entire series at this point. Never thought I'd say that. :eek: *pinches self*

When he was in the crane, I laughed so hard. Oh man.

And when Natalia and Ryan had to go through the toilet and the sewage pipe from it, I was so happy. It was still a bit 'ewww gross! I hate dirt and poop' for my liking (moreso Natalia than Ryan) but at least they didn't run away in horror or anything. See? A little poo never hurt anyone. C'mon Miami, dig deep because with the amount of crap you've been shoveling to us lately, you deserve to get some of it thrown back at you. More poo for you please.

And darn. Ryan was so about to go low-tech with the tire treads until Calleigh brought up the damned A/V Hummer. Well, actually, Ryan drove it over so technically it's his fault but whatever. I'm hearting him too much tonight to care.

GADZOOKS! The murder turned out to be an accident--a tragic accident. Finally. No gangs, no hits (at least in the case A...can we call it a case A? It was all intermingled), no terrorists, no drugs, no rich beach babes. Can it be true? :eek: :eek:

The other case with Salucci's dead daughter was slightly more interesting than I thought it would be. The kid who ran over her made - yet another - tragic mistake and Salucci was acting more as a grieving father than a mob boss. Doesn't really excuse the fact that he strangled the kid to death but it was er...understandable? His feelings anyway, not his actions.

Oh but one qualm with the beach roadkill scene and the burial in the sand: Couldn't they actually film at night? Why do they need to put a filter in everything? The sun does set in Miami, just like everywhere else on the planet.

PS. Please stop the split screens. They're not as effective when one is not viewing the episode on an HD wide-screen, kthxbai. Half of Horatio and Tripp were a bit lost.

Also, they seem to be finding their evidence a tad quick. Calleigh went back to the car and TADA! hey, blood! A lot of blood! And what was seemingly no time at all, they found the dead kid buried in the sand. I would have liked to see maybe a back-hoe or a shovel of some sort even if they knew the location of the daughter's death but hey, time constraints and dramatic licence come into play so it's not going to be perfect. Just found it a bit convenient is all.

Overall, I liked this episode despite some of the minor quibbles I had with it. :)

6. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Quick reminder: please try not to count down the hours and such until the episode. It tends to get a bit spammy.

Thanks =]

7. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I like H holding Kyle's picture and maybe thinking that he totally understood where Salucci was coming from but didn't approve-just finally as a father has empathy for that level of loss. Anyone notice that s/l have alot of 16-17 yr old kids related to or involved in stuff ever since H found out about Kyle-like his professional life is mirroring the events of his personal life and he's really feeling it now. Epi a little rushed but I think it had a steady flow of getting from point A to B-tonight's theme/key ingredient was "it was a tragic accident-really, believe me!"...

8. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I felt a bit...disjointed from the episode. Maybe it's just cause I'm really tired. :lol:

There were a lot of good things.

The 1st case turning out to be an accident, and Salucci's daughter's death being an accident. As sad as they are, we don't see enough accidents on Miami.

Horatio back in the lab, although I hated when he said "There's your print." He almost snarled it. It seemed a tad out of place.

Emotional Calleigh. Always a good thing.

The scene with Ryan in the crane was just about the funniest thing I've seen on Miami in seasons. I loved him yelling "What the hell?" then trying to cover it up. Who knew that Ryan was afraid of heights?

I liked the interaction (especially at the end) between Horatio and Salucci. As they carted Salucci away I was looking at him not as a mob boss who's killed people, but as a grieving father. And the look on Horatio's face was priceless. He looked as if he knew that he would do the same thing in Salucci's situation. Hell he has done the same thing in Salucci's situation! Marisol ring a bell? I'm pretty sure that Horatio would kill a man for Kyle, so it makes Salucci's actions almost understandable...

Overall, I think it was a pretty good episode. But as I said before, I still didn't enjoy it that much.

9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

LOL I loved Ryan's scene. "What was that!!???!11! I mean, Look at that!"

:D

Overall the episode was pretty decent. I'm a little bored with the mob boss stuff, but whatever. Emily's acting was great in this episode. Anyone catch the part where Eric tries to put his hand on her shoulder but stops when that guy interrupts? haha...

Trying not to be shippery here, but I thought that Corey Miller guy said this episode was supposed to be the turning point of Eric and Calleigh's relationship? Maybe we'll see "ramifications" of this event later in the season. Whatevs.

I was watching the SNL thing earlier and John McCain apparently watches CSI. According to the fake Bill Clinton. Earlier, real McCain was on saying, I know you can be watching other things right now, like Heroes, 2 and a Half Men, CSI:Miami....

I squeed inside.

10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

^ I also squeed inside when I heard that. Only because Miami was mentioned.

Anyways, I loved this episode. The beginning, I loved, mostly because there wasn't an H one liner! :eek: I am shocked! He wasn't even in the part before the credits. *gasp*

Of course, seeing Calleigh emotional (but she still didn't full out cry) was great. I liked the ending where she was imagining pulling him up, instead of him falling.

Ryan, wow! He had the only funnyish parts in the whole episode. A friend and I (often) talk about Jonathan Togo, and how hilarious he is. I do remember at one point saying I wish they'd use that. Maybe they're trying? :lol: LOVED the crane scenes, aw, afraid of heights. xD I just wish Calleigh would have shown some more surprise to Ryan being scared. I know she couldn't exactly see him (and definitely wasn't in the best of moods) but I thought she would have been able to hear him through the radio or something.

I also LOVED the whole thing with Natalia in the bathroom. "We're gonna need thicker gloves." Poor Natalia! :lol:

I agree with CountMaddy about the ending, seeing Joey Salucci as a father instead of the mob boss. I definitely felt bad for him there, and I could tell he was like "Yea, they caught me, but I got the guy that killed my daughter." Even though her being killed was an accident. Like CountMaddy said, I think Horatio knew how Salucci felt and knew he'd probably end up doing the same thing in his position.

Is it weird to say I quite enjoy the absence of Horatio now? Probably not. I love that the other characters are finally getting equal screentime (at least it seems that way to me) and Horatio is getting less.

In my opinion, this was FINALLY a very good episode for Miami.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  11. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I was very Very Disapointed! The only parts I even thought were any good was the Ryan in the Crane, & the on going Speedle, joke Why does it always got to be in the toilet scene.

I mean how many times can you use the every fiber of my being line? Come on Cory! what happen to that E/C turning point? The only thing turning in this eppisode was Natalia's stomack when they dumped the sewage pipe!!!!

The Crane scene was alright, but would have been better if Eric had gotten a little banged up so we could have gotten at least an E/C scene that was worth the hipe that was attaced to this Eppisode all week!

Geez! I guess Calleigh would rather hold hands with the dead guy witch was fine, but why not have Eric come in and join her in that scene?

As fast as they were solving the cases I would have exspected a little more personal time in this Eppisode! I'm just really bumbed about it!

Next week didn't look any better! I really hope these start picking up or thay are gonna start loosing alot of viewers.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I noticed that too. It was really weird. :lol:

:guffaw:

--

Okay, here are my thoughts as I wrote them down while watching the show:

Calleigh's tears when the guy was falling ... wow... that guy looks familiar thought, but I can't place him.

:lol: at Ryan in the crane. "Don't look down; don't look down." :guffaw:"I feel like a Wringling Brother." ROTFLMAO! Loved him pretending to Calleigh that he wasn't scared when the crane moved. haha. Good stuff!

"A face only a mugshot could love." :lol:

"Gray Bar Motel." :lol: I love Frank (though I think he only got two scenes in this ep).

Why are CSIs convincing a witness to testify anyway? Shouldn't that be a detective's job?

"It's only Monday and I've already had a bad week." haha love it when shows make a comment about the day the show is on. Like on Buffy one time she said "Dawn's in trouble again? It must be Tuesday." haha.

The son did it (by accident)? Man, I didn't see that one coming.

Well, at least the wife apologized to Calleigh.

:lol: at Ryan and Natalia in the bathroom. "We're gonna need thicker gloves." haha! For some reason this quote reminds me of the Jaws quote "we're gonna need a bigger boat". :lol:

"Have you had lunch yet?" teehee. Loved Natalia's grossed out grunt when Ryan dumped the sewage. :lol:

Conductive powder? Cool.

Oh it's car guy again. He fired that gun kind of low to have actually hit the vic anyway fatally. Is the vic still alive?

Oh my gosh! Calleigh and Tara actually in a scene together! Shocking!

"Our killer planted an American flag."-Tara
    "Excuse me?"-Calleigh :lol: I've never heard that expression for stragulation before.

Yeah, I didn't think car guy killed him at the bar.

How come only David does the "stayed tuned for scenes to our next episode" thing? On LV they alternate between WP and George Eads and I think even Marg did it a time or two. On Miami its always David.

Lucy Lawless. Yay! I hope she has scenes with everyone... especially Ryan cause I think they'd play well off each other. I'm kind of hoping she won't turn out to be a vic or to be the killer cause I'm hoping its a recurring role. Maybe she could be sort of Miami's Lady heather. :lol:

Oh, another thing I liked on tonight's ep: When Horatio told Ryan "you've been very helpful", Ryan did this subtle little grin. :hugegrin: I liked it. :D

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  13. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Who on earth wears white clothes when they go digging for evidence in a toilet? :rolleyes:
    Only in Miami...

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought about that too when I saw Natalia in all white. :lol: But, Plumbers sometimes wear white shirts, so... :lol:

15. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Oh, this ep was absolutely excellent. The suspense and pacing were like the earlier episodes. It was put together well. I give it an A.

I cried when Calleigh held the hand of the deceased. She'll never be able to get over what happened. That memory isn't going to go away.

Now I'll read what other fans thought!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008