Episode 706 "Wrecking Crew" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Why are CSIs convincing a witness to testify anyway? Shouldn't that be a detective's job?
I was thinking the same thing. It isn't even a detective's job, but the job of the district attorney or one of the assistants in that office. CSIs investigate the crime scene. Heck, that's what the initials C S I stand for. In earlier seasons, they used to have a regular State Attorney Rebecca Nevins (7 eps) and Assistant State Attorneys Don Hoffman (5 eps) and Monica West (6 eps); maybe they could get another.

Last edited:
Yeah, the part where H said, "Here's your print" made it look like he had to step in and do Eric's job for him and was pissed about it. I was like, geez....

About the CSI thing, real CSIs don't do have the crazy stuff they do on this show, but they have to have the characters do all of it. Otherwise the show would have way too many people and it would be incredibly boring.

This was one of the best episodes I've seen in a very long time, way to go COREY (& thankies for not making me want to puke) :thumbsup:

First off, the opening was a great change, not the typical dead body shows up, Frank/H arrive at the scene, H says his one liner, then cue The Who. Loved this opening, & I hope they stick with it!!

Ryan was hilarious in the crane, I snickered the entire time. Definitly one of the highlights for me :lol:

The entire toilet processing scene as well - Nat's expressions were cracking me up. :guffaw:So many times TPTB leave that stuff out (actual processing opposed to "oh look we found a bullet in the toilet") & I was absolutely thrilled that they showed more of it this time. Another highlight! Agree with Geni, a little poo doesn't hurt anyone, lol!!

Calleigh at the end imagining she saved William was again another highlight, moreso than the initial death scene, which seemed not as exciting...probably because that part was already in the promo, so it didn't do much for me. But that ending was sweet, & really sad for Calleigh.

H in the lab was pleasant to see also, as always. It's refreshing to the eyes, but as someone posted earlier about his remark to Eric being out of place - I agree. :wtf: I'm sure it wasn't meant to be harsh, but it came off that way...maybe they should work on that ;)

Excellent epi, good flow, nothing rushed, less scenery & glamour, less interogation, less "guest" characters, less romantic implication (sorry but I don't think it makes the show), very impressive - I gave it an A. I hope TPTB keep it up!

This episode was a really good one, Miami finally got it's hands dirty! The toilet scene was great and dare I say necessary :lol:? Come on Miami keep getting dirty! :p

I loved the intensity in the first scene. Emotional Calleigh is always great to see. I really think her walls are coming down and we'll see her in a way we haven't before. After she gets slapped I was really pleased and a bit surprise when she quickly answered to Eric that she was not ok. That little glimpse right there speaks volume about how vulnerable she's becoming and where she's at right now. Even though it's known she trusts Eric a lot, Cal's not the kind of person to quickly admit something got to her. The last scene in the morgue was really sad and I thought Emily did a great job at showing this side of Cal.

Good episode overall. I give it an A-.

This was the best epiosde of the season, so far.
Probably it was one of the best ever.

**hugs Corey**

I'm saying this just for one reason:
did you all see the ending scene of the episode???:eek:
I was "OMG Calleigh Duquesne holding the hand of the dead witness and trying to imagine what could have happened, if she had been able to save him".
I think this was one of the best scenes ever.
Seriously I didn't think I could have watched a scene like this considering the character of Calleigh and TPTB.
Just for this reason Kudo to Corey.

Plus Emily's acting was fabulous. I mean finally she was able to make Calleigh cry.
Also hen she was slapped her face was pierceless. At the same time it looked like she was going to kick the woman and that she was going to cry in a moment 'cause she felt guilty for Campbell's death.
The ending scene was just too beautiful and too sad at the same time.
At first it looked like Alexx with her victims, but seeing Calleigh in a scene like this made me squee.
I also loved when the widow apologized, I think it was realistic, though at first I wanted to punch the woman. Seriously she cracked me up how she was angry at Eric and then slapped Calleigh:guffaw:, though it can happen and surely the one to slap was Cal;)

The crane coming towards the bulding, well I have to say that I laughed at Calleigh falling down:lol:, seriously how she ended up on the floor was hilarious. Anyway loved that scene again thanks to Emily for playing such an emotional Calleigh.

How was it possible that Eric got stuck under those debris and nobody helped him to go out? Plus he was even cleaner and healthier than before.

Ryan: together with Emily, Jonathan Togo is enlightening this season.
The scene on the crane cracked me up, I never thought he was scared because of height and it was good to see it:guffaw:
I loved also the fact he asked Calleigh if she was ok after the slap and her answer was pierceless. I think it was something like "well since you're told, does it mean I want to talk about it?" :lol:
This scene was hilarious and so sad at the same time.

Ryan and Natalia in the bathromm :guffaw: please someone stop me, I'm gonna break my ribs, if I don't give up laughing:guffaw:

Tara and Calleigh finally interacting YAY, loved that "excuse me???" when Tara mentioned the American Flag:lol:. Seriously how could Tara come up with that one!!! LOL

I thought this episode was one of the best we have seen a in a long time. The emotion, action and teamwork was very much there.

Everyone got equal screen time and it seemed Corey Miller really went back to the 'formula' that makes all the CSI's great....the forensics and teamwork.

Emily did a great job riding the emotional rollercoaster w/o, IMO, overdoing it. When the situation called for her character to be strong yet vulnerable she was and the slap.....the slap scene was great. The woman who played William's wife was fantastic in that scene....for once there was a guest actress on the show who you felt really felt the emotion of losing a loved one.

I have to admit the actor who played the son was fantastic too. He really floored me with his emotions when in the interragation room.

The bathroom scene with Ryan and Natalia was great.....her facial expressions said it all!!

My favorite line came from Tripp when he said it was only Monday and already his week has turned out to be horrible!

Well cast, well written and well acted by all.

Was it just me, or did Frank sound like he had a cold? Frank always cracks me up. He says such sarcastic funny things, but says them kind of deadpanned like they're not meant to be funny when they really are funny. Haha.

When the situation called for her character to be strong yet vulnerable she was and the slap.....the slap scene was great. The woman who played William's wife was fantastic in that scene....for once there was a guest actress on the show who you felt really felt the emotion of losing a loved one.

I forgot to mention that. I thought she was great also. It was intense and you could really relate to her sadness, anger, and frustration. I too thought she was a great choice.

Other things I liked:

-Horatio working forensics
-Frank and his humor. He just always cracks me up. We really need a lot more Frank.
-Valera in her shining two seconds. I mean come on, keep Natalia in the field and leave the DNA to Valera. Is it really that hard??
-Tara and Cal sharing a scene.

I get the feeling that Horatio was just frustrated when he said "there's your print". With everything going on, he's really grumpy and it's showing. I get the feeling the guy is on the road to a break down... I mean really, how much can he shoulder and not crack? Seriously, think of Horatio's history - not seeing him all coifed and perfectly poised is refreshing. He's irritable and I liked seeing this new side... now, how about some five o clock shadow??? The other thing - he is so obsessed in bringing down the bad guys - that line comes off the heels of having their main witness die - so now the CSIs have something more to nail Salucci.

The picture of Kyle - Horatio's definitely made it known he'd kill for his family. I think it was that dark side rearing its ugly head inside H's troubled heart.

Even though I am a HUGE confessed H fan, I am happy to see some balance with all the actors. I actually waited for Eric to come out with the opening one liner but it was a nice change. As much as I like the one-liners, it's refreshing to see something different. I get the impression they are trying to be more serious about the acting and the characters and it's definitely a work of art in progress... great job!!!

Hi guys! I am new here. I've been lurking for a while.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. I was really happy to see Calleigh show some kind of emotion. I understand that she is a strong woman, but sometimes its just too much.
I was disappointed though that I didn't get a hiphuggers moment, and the almost touch on her shoulder didn't really work for me.

I loved Ryan in the crane, I would be scared out of my mind too.

This was the best epiosde of the season, so far.
Probably it was one of the best ever.

**hugs Corey**

I'm saying this just for one reason:
did you all see the ending scene of the episode???:eek:
I was "OMG Calleigh Duquesne holding the hand of the dead witness and trying to imagine what could have happened, if she had been able to save him".
I think this was one of the best scenes ever.
Seriously I didn't think I could have watched a scene like this considering the character of Calleigh and TPTB.
Just for this reason Kudo to Corey.

Plus Emily's acting was fabulous. I mean finally she was able to make Calleigh cry.
Also hen she was slapped her face was pierceless. At the same time it looked like she was going to kick the woman and that she was going to cry in a moment 'cause she felt guilty for Campbell's death.
The ending scene was just too beautiful and too sad at the same time.
At first it looked like Alexx with her victims, but seeing Calleigh in a scene like this made me squee.
I also loved when the widow apologized, I think it was realistic, though at first I wanted to punch the woman. Seriously she cracked me up how she was angry at Eric and then slapped Calleigh:guffaw:, though it can happen and surely the one to slap was Cal;)

The crane coming towards the bulding, well I have to say that I laughed at Calleigh falling down:lol:, seriously how she ended up on the floor was hilarious. Anyway loved that scene again thanks to Emily for playing such an emotional Calleigh.

How was it possible that Eric got stuck under those debris and nobody helped him to go out? Plus he was even cleaner and healthier than before.

Ryan: together with Emily, Jonathan Togo is enlightening this season.
The scene on the crane cracked me up, I never thought he was scared because of height and it was good to see it:guffaw:
I loved also the fact he asked Calleigh if she was ok after the slap and her answer was pierceless. I think it was something like "well since you're told, does it mean I want to talk about it?" :lol:
This scene was hilarious and so sad at the same time.

Ryan and Natalia in the bathromm :guffaw: please someone stop me, I'm gonna break my ribs, if I don't give up laughing:guffaw:

Tara and Calleigh finally interacting YAY, loved that "excuse me???" when Tara mentioned the American Flag:lol:. Seriously how could Tara come up with that one!!! LOL

This was definately one of the best episodes. I loved it!

It's so good to see a more vulnerable Calleigh this season. I loved the ending, it was so sad but well done.

Poor Ryan, I felt bad for him but at the same time I couldn't stop laughing. He was funny in that scene. I also loved his scenes with Natalia in the washroom, LOL!:lol: It was sweet of him to ask Calleigh if she was ok

It's about time Tara and Calleigh had a scene together. LOL about the Amercian Flag :lol:

It was nice to see H working in the lab. He seemed to understand where Salluci was coming from in regards to his daughter. He's been in Salluci's shoes. He knows what it is like to lose a loved one and taking the law into his own hands.

Definitely my favorite episode so far this season. Emily/Calleigh did a wonderful job in this one. That's why I'm a huge fan of hers. :bolian:
I didn't want this epi to end.
I laughed, I was sad, and I was shocked.

I loved this episode! Emily did an amazing job finally showing an emotional Calleigh. The only thing that I did not like was in the scene where H asks Eric how Calleigh was handling what happened. Would it kill him to ask her himself?

Lemme give my views from the point of a few pictures:
Although sad, it's funny: Eric's reaction-
http://rainbow.unoriginal-sin.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=137&pos=110http://rainbow.unoriginal-sin.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=137&pos=110
ouch that's gotta hurt:
http://rainbow.unoriginal-sin.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=137&pos=116I
already found a blooper! HA! (Cal's back=her microphone thing)
http://rainbow.unoriginal-sin.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=137&pos=136
and Ryan's a scaredy cat
http://rainbow.unoriginal-sin.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=137&pos=354

I luved Calleigh's, Eric's, Ryan' and Nat's parts in the epi. They were all worth it. Some of H's were but in every single scene he left the person he was speaking to blank. Especially finding out the print for Eric and when he said a lilly. Now you'd think he'd tell Eric who he's thinking of, but no he walks off. And you can see it on Eric's face that he was upset. He was like 'what the?'

Back