Episode #617 - "To Kill A Predator" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

dogbert, thats a good point. I never looked at those other situations. I think the reason why it was so messed up on this is that even in those other episodes like where he stabbed that guy from the gang or whatever, him and delko were there. I think it was how he reacted, it's hard to explain.

Cain just seemed more creepy (I am definitely glad he wooped the guys butt). In that episode where he stabbed the guy, the other guy had a knife which was going to attack him anyway. I think it's because of how Cain approached this guy that made it look so weird to me. plus we don't know yet if he beat him up or if he beat him to death. This is why this episode just gets to me...arrrrrg. I liked this episode a whole lot and I wish they would make more just like this. lol

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  2. StellaMac

StellaMac Witness

I give tonight's CSI:Miami episode a C-
    Okay let me get a few things of my chest first... what the fuck happened to getting 2 episodes tonight?

- The episode was mediocre. Either I'm a dectetive/CSI in the making or the case are beginning to be more and more predictable. I'd hate to think of the alternative -- [have a criminal like mind.]
    - I watched the episode with 2 buddies tonight and I won $10. I could have won $15 but they didn't want to lose anymore money.
    - I knew the daughter killed her father. I'm surprised Ryan even let her walk out. How incompetent is he? She was the only one with the missing finger nail jewelry. What the fuck does he mean, he can't place her in the car? Sure he can! All her nails had jewelries on it except one, yeah it wasn't the same color but so what? It's no coincidence. He could have tested that nail jewlery, her hand. That was just lazy on his part.
    - I called the mom being the shooter. She might not have killed her husband but she was knew who had. She was wearing a guilty look ever since the first time they brought her in.
    - The old fat asian guy being the last pedo. Something about him just tipped me off. He was WAY into that stuff, and looking at the figure walking up to the door, I just knew it was him. Sadly, no one took that bet.
    - WAY TOO MUCH RYAN in this episode. I don't like the guy. He really bugs the hell out of me. He should have never been hired back.
    - NOT ENOUGH ERIC in this episode. WHAT THE HELL?!!!
    - They try too hard to throw off scent with 1)the father warning young girls about chat-rooms after what happened to his daughter. 2) The lifeguard dude. They made him look all guilty for nothing even though his story(even if it was true) would have never stuck in court.
    - OH OH OH, let's not forget the end. Horation is beginning to be quite the corrupted cop, aint he? He took off his watch, we heard a scream and cut to credits. I think, we can pretty much assume that Horation gave him a beat down. And he is going to make it look like the guy resisted an arrest. [That much Horation said.] Now we all know that's not true! What the fuck is Horation thinking? This is WRONG!
    - Another thing about this show. Unlike on CSI:NY and CSI, they're not very consistent on CSI:Miami. Calleigh went through something in the previous episode and no mention of that. Boy, did she bounce back quickly. I mean what the fuck? At least on the other two CSIs shows, when something big happens to a character, they bring it up so the viewer can see how the character is dealing. It's called character development. We learn nothing if they just sweep everything under a rag every time.

I've noticed something about Alex. When she was doing the autopsy on victim #2, as soon as she found out he was one of those pedo she heard about on TV, her facial expression completely changed. She was totally different. I'm not saying she's wrong. But she has a real issue with that and it's not the first time, she encounters something like that. Last time, if I recall correctly, it happened in her neighborhood.

3. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

I gave this episode a B-.

Two things that really bothered me (& seemed to bother others so far).
    Lack of any mention to what happened to Calleigh on the previous episode. Not that they had to make a big deal but even a little concern from Eric or even Alex when Cal showed up at the first crime scene. And sadly this to me shows a pattern. I never really liked how they dealt with Dellko's recovery at first. Now I'm just peeved that they seem to be doing that with Cal. I know its not the same situation and people handle it differently but when Ryan got the nail in his eye the writers every so often had put somehting in, showing how he was doing.

And what is up with H??? At first I was shocked to see him working in the lab again, but still happy. The ending seriously concerning me. I was like wtf like others and even my dad who was barely paying attention looked up at the end and said, "that guy is going to get it." It was just one of those moments that you knew the guy was in trouble.

As for the potential of the cast still having colds, I hope they get better. My mom thought Cal was about to cry in the beginnning, so I had to clarify. Although, if Ryan/jon sounding kinda stuffed up or whatever, I almost like it. Makes his voice almost sound sexier. And I am personally loving the new hair style on him. ;):drool::thumbsup::drool::drool::drool:;):bolian::drool::drool::drool:;)

4. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I knew these forums would take H's last scene the wrong way, but this is going overboard. I'm sorry. But H is in no way corrupt. He gave the guy what he deserved. Tell me, what is so corrupt and wrong about that? You'd rather have the pedophile smugly walk into prison without a scratch?

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I let out the biggest gasp at the end!!!:wtf: My God, I think it is safe to say that Horatio has had enough. He looks as though he may start to lose it soon.
    I can see by next season the entire freaking team will be taking turns to the Lab psychiatrist:rolleyes:

The actual plot was good, although it seemed like there were alot of extra characters & got confusing.

I hated the green/orange....it stared at me the entire episode. Why was Ryan all dressed up? & Eric's green shirt was hidious but :thumbsup:for the bare arms:drool:, i'll take what I can get!

The personalities that came out in the characters also had me wondering if they are all a bit skitzo!:wtf::eek::scream::rolleyes:

I thought the cast was spread out better this time around, it was refreshing to see more of Natalia & Ryan!

Ive waited a long time to actually see H get "physical" instead of whipping out his gun & offing them, so it was 1/2 disturbing..1/2 exciting, too bad we didn't actually get to see him kick some ass!

I give the overall epi a B, & an A for the surpise at the end!:cool:

6. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Okay, I LOVE IT!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Horatio finally kicking some ass!!! Thank you writers!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It looks like our beloved Horatio is cracking just a bit:devil::devil::devil: but I thought this episode was great. We had team work... everyone had some nice screen time. What is with Franks shoes...

They need to darken those babies :lol::lol::lol:

I was a little disappointed without the Calleigh continuance... but we already knew this would happen. :rolleyes: Didn't we.:guffaw:

Delko, I love his attitude with "This is what they deserve." Calleigh had to straighten him out though.:lol: Love it... but seeing Horatio finally lose it had to be the best for me. Our Super H is very human... and I for one love what the writers are doing. I think they are doing and excellent job!!!

:eek: OMG!!! How could I forget:lol: Horatio in the lab yet again!:guffaw: I love it!!!:thumbsup:

Okay Hcrazy out... runs off to watch the ending again!!!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Go H...Woot! Woot! WOOT!:p

7. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

dogbert, could you please tell me some scenes where he kicked the crap out of the suspects...you know what I mean.

I know of one which was, like I said, where he stabbed the guy that was involved in that gang. however, I haven't seen every single episode and so far I have a lot recorded and kept on my DVR. but I have yet to see every episode.

I also remember him talking about in one episode where he worked in NY and got shot, I am wondering if his life on CSI: Miami continues from NYPD (or vica versa) or was that a whole different thing that bleh, I am going to confuse myself :confused:

8. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I wouldn't call his previous scenes "kicking the crap out of..." but in Spring Break he yanked out a suspect's two front teeth (for evidence, but still without their approval). In Lost Son he grabbed a suspect by his hair in the interrogation room and pulled him backwards into his chair. In From The Grave he threw a suspect across a hospital room with one hand.

If members of this board would backtrack into previous seasons they will realize why H is acting no differently than he had been in the past. But just as I thought, they see H dealing out justice in his own way and immediately scream "CORRUPT COP!!!!111oneone1111uno"

Sorry, everyone. But I strongly feel that H doesn't deserve this kind of abuse.

9. StellaMac

StellaMac Witness

That's just not how Horatio should handle it. I'm all for justice but what gives him the right to take it into his own hands. If Horatio can do it then it's also okay for someone else to seek justice in the same manner. Yes, the guy is probably getting what he deserved but the way Horatio is going about it is wrong. If anything, the guy attempted to do something. The guy will go to Prison, justice will be served. From what I hear, tough life for a pedo in jail.

10. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I have NEVER seen H kick the crap out of anyone, even his brother's supposed killer. The only time it was insinuated that he beat up anyone was when he and Delko picked up the guy who killed Marisol - and that was b/c it was personal. (I wasn't too thrilled w/it, but I could understand it).

And I can't recall a scene where H didn't try to negotiate w/someone before shooting them - even in the scene in Season 2 where he says, "They never listen," he shouts to the guy and says "don't do it!" He always has at least warned them or given them an out. (Except for in "All In," and I think a lot of people here have expressed their disgust about that scene).

Also, I didn't mean to confuse anyone - John Kelly and Horatio Caine are two different characters. I just flashed back to an episode of NYPD:Blue in that last scene - although even in that ep, JK didn't beat the guy up (oddly enough, the actor who played the criminal in that NYPD episode wound up playing Marisol's killer - so I guess he eventually did beat him up! :lol: )

Anyhow, we all have different opinions and that's cool. But I think that last scene was a bit disturbing for me b/c (like Bigdog said) it was the way in which it was approached. H was alone w/the guy and was prepared to LIE about the incident. All the other times, H was either defending himself or protecting people. In this case, it was neither and that kind of bothered me.

Maybe I'm just looking at this too "deeply" - on a superficial level, it would be great to see H finally kick some ass w/out his gun. (Although it'd be really funny if he threw out his back or something and the dude escaped, b/c H is like, what, 52?) The thing is, the character development of Horatio Caine has not been expounded enough to explain this type of behavior, (lying, risking his career, beating up criminals who've been subdued - His job has always come first, and he's never acted like this in the past.)

The bottom line: Horatio can't say "justice is not for you to dispense" and in the same breath do something to a criminal that he'd have to arrest somebody else for. That makes him look like a hypocrit, and it's not good for the character, IMHO. It's like that kid in Season 5's "Death Eminent" said - (paraphrasing) "You make rules, but you don't follow them. You don't have consequences."

And at the end of the day that's what irks me the most - there will be no consequences for Horatio's actions - in Brazil or Miami. His body count is through the roof - any other cop would be on the rubber gun squad by now. It's just getting frustrating b/c no one is dealing w/the fact that Horatio (and I still believe he is b/c he's VERY different from Seasons 1-3) is cracking.

Just an opinion. ::shrugs:: :rolleyes:

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well, actually in 'Spring Break', it was one of the bicuspids and I believe he had a warrant to open his mouth to take a peek, which is why they brought him back. When he didn't obey, Horatio 'gave him a little help', to quote him, and hit them with a pen. He didn't outright assault the guy. Maybe some saw it as assault, but I didn't. If you're happy with with H either way, that's fine. :)

As for his actions in the other episodes, those were season three and beyond. I prefered H more in seasons 1-2, where he didn't go too overboard. (save for when he said "get this guy out of here before I soil my reputation." That, was a bit iffy, lol but he didn't hurt the guy and I didn't feel he was ever going to.) I felt he went way overboard in tonight's episode and it bordered on corrupt. Like StellaMac said, just because he did it, then it's obviously okay for anyone else to. Which it isn't, so he shouldn't have done it. Did the guy deserve it? Hell yes. That's what prison's for. It doesn't normally bode well for pedophiles and child killers there--they're usually the ones to be murdered first. I mean, the 16 year old was charged with killing her dad and the mother was charged with shooting the other pedophile. In a sense, both of them were vigilantes and they weren't allowed to get away with it, so why was it okay that Horatio beat the guy? He can't say something and then do the exact opposite.

Horatio is supposed to stand for justice and yet again it falters. Stetler punches Yelina in the eye and it's implied Horatio was going to beat the pedophile. (since he removed his watch to not get blood all over it, which I found to be quite callous) That made him no better than Stetler or any wife beater or thug who, vigilante/guy had it coming to him or not, beats on someone.

I'm not saying it's not in his character to get angry and lose it sometimes, but for the most part, he's been very controlled up until recently. I was under the impression that he wouldn't resort to beating or killing someone out of pure vengeance.

I absolutely love H and it's nice to see he obviously has faults, but I'm not really happy with what he's doing recently.

12. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

cool, thanks dogbert14. Now when I get those I will definitely pay attention. I must see the episode "lost son" now. Because of not seeing most of those episodes is why I am like "what the heck is happening here".

However, I am going to make a guess that when he asked the girl to leave the room and beating up the guy...what I think will happen now is that the guy will most likely be alive and Cain will end up getting investigated while the girl will take Cains side and tell them that he attacked Cain. The team will definitely take Cains side as well, but who knows though Wolf is a little prick and if he finds out anything, well...who knows LOL.

13. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I have no problem with people taking justice into their own hands as long as they don't go overboard. Now, if H had taken out his gun and shot the man to death, it would be a different story. But all H did is give him a "side dish" with jail time. Forgive me, but I really don't see the problem with that.

14. StellaMac

StellaMac Witness

Thank you very fuckin'much! I agree 100%!

Okay, if that's the way you see it.
    I, personally don't think it was right. That's not justice anymore that's revenge. He had a bad day so it okay for him to lash out on this guy.
    I'm having a harder time to explain H's actions. Brazil gave H a dark personality.

15. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

Let me get my point across one last time - the man was a pedophile. That automatically gives anybody the right to beat him up. Not kill him, but dish out a beating.

Oh well. Different opinions.