Episode #617 - "To Kill A Predator" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Information courtesy of The Futon Critic

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Monday, April 21, 2008
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#617) "To Kill a Predator"

THE TEAM MUST ACT QUICKLY TO STOP A VIGILANTE WHO IS KILLING INTERNET PREDATORS, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, APRIL 21

"To Kill a Predator" - The team must act quickly to stop a vigilante who is killing Internet predators, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, April 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Horatio Caine: David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne: Emily Procter
    Eric Delko: Adam Rodriguez
    Alexx Woods: Khandi Alexander
    Ryan Wolfe: Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp: Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista: Eva La Rue
    Kyle Harmon: Evan Ellingson

RECURRING CAST:
    Heather Amberson: Vivian Dugre

GUEST CAST:
    Sean Radley: Brendan Ford
    Deborah Radley: Stephanie Niznik
    Hannah Radley: Jordan Hinson
    Tony Massaro: Guy Killum
    Kevin Weaver: George Newbern
    Lou Durning: Peter James Smith
    T.J. Pratt: Shane Johnson
    Mallary Harding: Alexa Nikolas
    Mr. Harding: Tony Franchitto
    Mrs. Harding: Shea Curry
    Lisa Ross: Rebecca Marshall
    Jared Belk: BJ Britt
    Allison: Catherine Kresge

WRITTEN BY: Brian Davidson

DIRECTED BY: Matt Earl Beesley RATING: TV14-DLV

2. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Again Evan is listed as "series regular". Any idea why?

3. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I also wonder why is Evan regular. At first I thought that it`s just a mistake, but everywhere I looked he was listed as regular... We`ll see, I guess. So, does anyone has any spoilers? Maybe spoiler pics?

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Perhaps they're bringing Kyle as Khandi's replacement as the male coroner and they're already listing him as a series regular. :lol:

5. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Evan will be Kyle for awhile I guess-glad too since he's so talented and CSI Miami is lucky to get him. And anyway, even Horatio deserves some family members. Wonder if there will be any father/son discussions on crime & punishment-vigilantes vs cops who shoot first and ask questions later? That I'd pay to see...

6. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

7. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

i give this episode a B-. it wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst. It good for CSIM to show the dangers of chat rooms and how it is so easy for something to happen in them. I hated how it ended i thought H was going to kick so booty and then it went off. Loved all the Ryan time thou but there was no Valeria and what happened to the tech girl Sam?

8. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

OK ... WTF??? :wtf: Did anyone else find that last scene w/H REALLY DISTURBING? What the hell is going on? That pervert picked a bad week? What, did Horatio's sunglasses break and he had to buy new ones? What the hell was w/that ending?

I mean, how many times has H encountered pedaphiles? Take Stuart Otis, who actually KILLED SEVERAL SMALL CHILDREN after molesting them. He could've beaten the piss out of him, too, but he didn't. So umm...why is it all of a sudden justified to pull the "resist arrest" card in this case?

It's just that H is sooo freakin' inconsistent when it comes to "dealing out Miami justice." H wouldn't touch jackass Ron when Cal was missing and Ron could've known where she was, but he supposedly beats up a guy he has under his control? (Maybe Ron had the whole police brutality thing right after all - H is OUT OF CONTROL).

Now don't get me wrong, I know most everybody (myself included) would want to beat the crap out of those guys - but since when does Horatio go all "John Kelly" on a suspect? What the hell are they doing to the characters on this show???

Oh, and as I suspected, there was absolutely no continuity in terms of what happened to Cal, who to me looked like she was gonna cry the whole ep. (was it allergies/the flu or something else?) Cal was hardly in this ep., and nothing that happened to her was acknowledged by anyone on the team. BAD MOVE! :scream:

Also, while I know they were dealing w/a horrible crime, it's getting a little old to see everyone so angry and upset all the time. For instance, why did Delko snap at Natalia through the whole ep? It's so stupid. For a "comic book" show, it sure has a dark feel to it lately. :rolleyes: You'd think TPTB could make their minds already ... :rolleyes:

9. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I think H kicking the crap out of him will be shown at the beginning of next week's episode...hopefully. H looked so pissed. I knew that the predator was in for it the moment H told the girl to wait outside. Ouch.

I loved this episode. I'm very glad that H is still 90% human as he was two weeks ago in Ambush and All In. Let's not forget that once again, he processed evidence. =)

All in all, this episode was truly enjoyable for me to watch. I'm extremely proud of CBS that CSI: Miami is getting back on track.

By the way, I loved the ending scene. Yes, H has encountered several pedophiles in the past, but this scene shows just how much he is fed up with them now. I don't care what H would've done in the past - he's evolved since then. That was 4-5 seasons ago, and that guy at the end deserved a beating.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  10. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

Darnit, I really hate cliffhangers, even more so on CSI: Miami. They need to make it 2 hours if they are going to do this crap. Right at the end of it, you can tell bad things are going to be happening.

just a question though, how long is David Caruso going to be in CSI: Miami? I hope to god the guy doesn't leave after this season but by this episode it might happen. When I was watching it and heard Hiratio Cain saying "you are resisting arrest" when the guy wasn't I was like "oh crap, somethings going down now". :( I just hate cliff hangers, but this season is going to get pretty awesome I believe.

The show up to the ending got a B- just like "I heart togo" said, but once the ending came that definitely switched that B- to an A+. LOL Now I am going to have to wait till next week which just sucks because I really want to know what happens now.

11. miamirocks

I doubt there's going to be any follow-up to that scene - I think TPTB cut out intentionally to leave it to the viewers' imaginations. I personally didn't like it, even though a part of me was shocked/happy to see Horatio finally showing some emotion (it really reminded me of a scene he played in NYPD Blue, where he took his watch off while threatening the suspect).

I guess it just shocked me, and I'm tired of seeing Horatio act so different w/out any explanation. All of a sudden he's beating up the bad guys instead of bringing them to justice through his badge. That really is a far cry from the Horatio I knew, and I don't think they've done a good job showing how he got to this point.

That fade to black is probably the last thing we'll see of that guy - I doubt it will be followed up with. I mean why would they? Especially when they didn't even follow up w/what happened to Calleigh. TPTB are not great w/continuity, and I didn't see that last scene as a cliffhanger so much as a cutting away so that the audience isn't totally turned of by H's ass-kicking.

12. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

Miamirocks, I think the reason he all of a sudden went "john kelly" on the guy was for the fact that, that guy had a job of busting pedo's, and instead of sticking with that he used it as a mask to also get with younger girls.

This episode pretty much is showing that Cain has snapped. Maybe that situation was the straw that broke the camels back. A person can only deal with so much before they start going gladiator.

not only that but I think his father was abusive, he said that in another episode. That was the one I think where after he shot the guy (which was still alive) he got in his dads face or it was a foster parent...I can't remember but he did get in his face. but it is true that he didn't do anything like this with Cal. but of course he couldn't sense Delko and that other guy was there. This will continue, I am pretty certain it will, they wouldn't leave this. Also remember there still his time for Cal. too, which might come into the next episode :) or a later one.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  13. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

Lol Bigdog. Yeah, I was able to tell that H, even though he spoke calmly, was royally pissed. I can't wait till next week.

14. miamirocks

That's a good point - I guess it's like having someone in your own ranks turn.

Yea, I hear ya. I guess maybe that's what scared/disturbed me. H has finally snapped, and if I thought there'd be any follow-up to it, I'd be very interested in the way he's going, but the fact is (I'm pretty damn sure) there's not going to be any follow up. I guess that's what pisses me off - they change his character, but they don't follow up w/those changes over the seasons.

15. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I don't think H has snapped at all. Sure, he apparently beats up the guy, but he's shot people who could've been negotiated with instead in the past. If you ask me, putting a bullet through somebody is a lot worse than kicking the crap out of them. And this is not the first time H has physically abused a suspect, mind you. What makes him so different now?

If you ask me, contrary to what you think, H is reconnecting with his former self. I like the direction H is going in, and I really hope that posts like yours don't change the writers' minds. No offense to you personally.