Episode #609: 'Stand Your Ground' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Nov 16, 2007.

1. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

Re: Episode #609: 'Stand Your Ground' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS**

where are you getting this info from cause its not what I hear

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I liked it! It was nice to see a show focus on Calleigh instead of Horatio. It looks like Jake's drinking will cause problems between him and Calleigh, while he isn't an alcholic, Calleigh did look concerned about the amount of drinks he had as her father had a drinking problem. Ryan also got a chance to get more screen time, which was good. It was good to see him back with the team working together. Ryan related to what Calleigh was going through with Rick investigating her, questioning her. I felt bad for Calleigh in the beginning, when Eric comforted her, we got to see her emotional side. She was crying

3. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

It's the writers who are on strike not the actors, although some of the actors are walking the picket line in support of the writers' guild.

4. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Wow, Calleigh rocked the house in that opening scene - KICK ASS - shot the guy right in the head, wow - nice shot! She not only finally got to fire a gun in the field, she nailed the guy who was trying to kill her - sweet!

OK, and now for my weekly vent - So let me get this straight - Horatio confronts Ryan about his gambling problem, Eric about the pot, but he doesn't talk to Calleigh about this incident? I know this isn't the shipper thread, but this is beyond the point of shipping - these are two characters who had a great friendship and TPTB are DESTROYING it by not even having them interact. I mean, the whole episode was about Calleigh, but they end it w/the 13-year-old girl? What the hell? H should've talked to her like he did in "Under the Influence" or "Dispo Day."

Anyway, interesting about Jake - but not surprising. I kinda liked how he asked Eric for help. I wonder what's going on with that ring on Calleigh's finger - they seemed to focus on it when she was crying with Eric ... Another CSI wedding in the future maybe?

5. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

I don't think they were focused on the ring on Cal's finger because Cal's always good at accessories. I think they were focused on Eric's and Cal's hands when he was comforting her.

Not my favorite episode as a whole but my favorite as Calleigh's emotional episode. Emily did good.

6. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

Once again, Miami outdoes itself. This numbered list tells why:

1. Callie didn't see the four criminals hunched over the teacher's body when she walked by?

2. Um... before the drug angle was discovered, the teacher's ID was found in the car. Why didn't that set off any alarms?

3. Heroin in the candy. Boy, that seems familiar. :rolleyes:

4. Alexx; did they nail your feet to the floor? I'm not sure you moved from that one spot that whole scene.

5. Are we to assume the car didn't touch the teacher's body at all?

6. You know, it occurred to me, that Horatio didn't get close enough to Callie to spit on her. (Not that he would) I can't recall the last time those two were in the same frame, as remarked by others here.

7. Another Miami episode where Everyone Is Guilty Of Something Felonious. Except the victim, oddly, and Logan's older brother.

8. H, was it really proper for you to question that girl where she got her drugs without her parents present? I liked how you can hear her eyes opening, though. :)

9. Where were Beth's parents, anyway? Or Logan's, for that matter?

10. Heroin in the candy. Boy, that seems familiar.

11. Valera.... Valera, wherefore art thou, Valera?

12. Stetler. Talk about the most thankless job on the planet.

13. Why was H's crew allowed to work the crime at all, anyway? The CSI:NY s3 episode "Raising Shane" comes to mind; although it's obviously not completely parallel due to Hawkes being identified as the murderer....

14. I'm a bad person... when H was talking to Logan, I was thinking "Oh, there's someone else for Kyle to hang out with in prison"; just like last week.

7. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I fear for the future of Miami I really do. Those kids were selling drugs FOR SHOES OMG! Shoes! Shoes! What were they getting paid in? SHOES! CHEAP SHOES!

"I only wanted the shoes." OMG get a job you lazy hippie! Who fucking sells drugs for shoes? How stupid do you have to be? Are the shoes made of heroin? No? THEN WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

I can't believe this CALLEIGH centric episode ended with Ho Patron Saint Of Woeful Teenagers staring into the sunset. I kept hoping for at least a two second slo mo shot of Calleigh going home, Calleigh at the teacher's funeral, Calleigh removing a piece of lint off her jacket, Calleigh stomping on Jake's crotch, but no. Ho in all his orange glory, staring into the sunset. Because we don't get enough of that, you see.

I can't believe Eric was the only person who talked to Calleigh and comforted her. The. Only. One. Even her stand up boyfriend Jake didn't even ask her if she was okay, he only called her because he wanted her statement. These people don't care about each other at all! I'm sorry, but Eric and Calleigh need to leave Miami, move back to New Orleans and run their own CSI lab. Oh, I guess they can bring Alexx, too, she was SORT OF concerned (but not too much). That was fucked up, man. She nearly died. DIED. Yet no one cared about her but Eric. Come on, now. That was BS.

Jake giving Calleigh grief, we all saw that coming. I loved the look on her face when Eric told her that Jake is a good guy. She was all, "um, can you use it in a sentence?" Also, you're the man, dude, pay the tab. Also, your girlfriend nearly DIED. I can't believe he didn't even seem to care. Write him out already. I can't believe they've dragged this triangle for so long. Usually this only happens when both guys are great guys, but seriously, they might as well dress Jake up in all in black week after week, give him a long mustache for him to twirl and a top hat. At least Calleigh is starting to see his true colors, though I can't believe it took her like 6 months. She sort of deserves it, I guess. Have fun with your lying alcoholic sleazy ass boyfriend, Cal. Does anybody watch 30 Rock? He's so the Dennis to her Liz. He's the rat king.

I blacked out for a full 6 minutes when I saw Horatio holding that flashlight. Alright, so he told Ryan to process the blood sample, but still, that SORT OF qualifies as work. I made a clip of it and saved it straight into C:\Users\owner\Downloads\videos\nowiveseeneverything

The return of Eric's magic hugs [​IMG] I want a magic hug.

Were Ryan and Natalia even in this episode? I don't notice them unless they're fucking up or telling people "that guy killed your brother/son/father" resulting in that person killing the murderer and hundreds of lives are ruined.

So basically, Jake was legally drunk while on the job. Nice. I love it when the guy who is supposed to be protecting me from the bad guys is buzzing. My favorite part was him lying to Calleigh about it. Even that 13 year old kid owned up to his actions. And got a pair of shoes out of the whole deal.

In the history of the show, how many people have come out of unconsciousness only to come face to face with Horatio's arrogant smug? I'd willingly put myself back into a coma if I woke up in a hospital bed and the first thing I saw was his face.

Unpopular opinion, but I love Stetler. I love him. I love him. I love him! And where he goes I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow. Come on guys he only wants to make sweet sweet love to Horatio. And he can only express his inadequate feelings through anger. It's a classic love story. The House of Pies, y'all. It's coming.

Honestly, SHOES!

8. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

It was pretty shitty that Jake didn't even ask Calleigh if she was okay. If my boyfriend treated me like that I'd dump him so fast. And then he had the nerve to lie to her. I can't wait to see him leave. He's a sorry excuse of a man.

I was so excited about this episode but it was a huge letdown. It was supposed to be about Calleigh, but it turned out to be all about Horatio as usual. I'm really sick of that.

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

First, about the episode.
    All I can say about this episode is: I liked the commercials for it better. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty good up until the second set of commercials. First set of commercials was after the theme. Second set of commercials would be the next set. When they came back from the second set of commercials, the show had lost its momentum and never did find it again. Still, it was better than last week's episode. Last week's episode would've fit in perfectly in season 4...I've done forgot 99% of last week's episode.
    To sum up this review: 3 stars. 1 thumb up 1 thumb down. On a 1-10 scale, 10 being the best--5. I hope next week's episode starts out good and stays good till the very end.
    Second, and finally, about Stetler and Jake.
    I'm getting soft. I just could not HATE Stetler. I tried. Used to just the mention of the name Stetler made me see red. Seems the title of "Character I love to HATE" has transferred to Jake. Wouldn't miss Jake. Soft as I seem to be getting toward Stetler I might actually miss Stetler. :eek:

10. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

POP QUIZ! This episode was missing
    a) Valera
    b) closure
    c) Jake's death by sleep deprivation
    d) people who cared that Calleigh almost GOT RUN OVER

Answer: All of the above + Horatio finally admitting that his love for little kids extends past appropriate, resulting in him being locked up forever.

Seriously, other than Eric, nobody gave a damn that Calleigh almost died. Even Alexx... Calleigh went to seek her, not the other way around. I know she was supposed to stay away from the case, but half the episode had her sitting there twiddling her thumbs while Horatio wore a superhero cape and flew around Miami saving kids from candy drugs. CANDY DRUGS. Am I the only one who thinks his relationship with kids borders creepy? If I were a kid being convicted of drug trafficking, I'd spit in Horatio's disproportionate face and ask for a different police officer to take my case.

THANK YOU. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this episode was made of stupid. Everyone was raving about it over at the EC thread, but I don't see it. It was a decent ship episode but overall, it sucked, sorry. If it wasn't for the hug that kept my shipper heart satisfied, I would've turned it off after the first commercial break.

Emily did amazing though. So did Adam. I was really impressed with their performances. Other than that, NOTHING.

11. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Carolyn318 said: "I'm getting soft. I just could not HATE Stetler. I tried. Used to just the mention of the name Stetler made me see red. Seems the title of "Character I love to HATE" has transferred to Jake. Wouldn't miss Jake. Soft as I seem to be getting toward Stetler I might actually miss Stetler."

I have to agree with you on that one. I'm no Steler lover but I don't know, his character seems to be written a little more sympathetically this season. Maybe it's because he is no longer the main threat to an H/Y relationship. Still, you do get the sense that he is just doing his job and while a nicer person might be willing to bend the rules or give a little wiggle room for his comrades, Stetler is pretty much an 'by the book' person and always has been so his behaviour last night was definitely not out of character and under the circumstance, he WAS just doing his job. Not saying that he wouldn't love to burn H or anyone connected with him, but if he does it, because of who he is, he will do it by the book.

Really did not care so much for this episode. And really hated the split screen stuff. The photography on Miami is always so beautiful, but that really bugged me. JMO.

12. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Lol, that's almost too much to believe. I think you may have been hallucinating. ;)

I really should watch this episode. Though, once I get beyond the magic hug, it sounds all downhill from there. Apart from Stetler. I do love our dear Rick. :D

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

After H go in prison, Rick is so so sad...and the only way to share cell with his biggest love H is it to kill Jake... and they live happy ever after. :lol:

Btw I too agree that the end of this epi have to be with Call, after all this was her epi. And she deserve to take the lats screencap. This make me think for one more poor TGTB decision in the epi where Eric see Speed ghost .. .again the last word was for H agrrr... stop it..... I can`t take any more...

14. liten

liten Rookie

It's really what made the eppy for me! That and Calleigh being on a first name basis with him :D

15. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Anyone else notice how H's hair swapped sides between the hospital and his chat with Logan. It looked far too well groomed as well as if he'd just stepped out the make-up truck.

Anyway......it was a good ep. I enjoyed it apart from two things.......the music and the split screens, I hate it when they use more than two at a time.