Episode #524 'Born To Kill' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Adding to the "they were lazy" commentary, they did a piss-poor job researching x and y chromosome science. There are probably more people with redundant or duplicate x or y chromosomes than is currently taught.

Chromosome research is still very much in the early, sketchy stages but there is evidence that a larger percentage of the population have these defects but they go unnoticed because there aren't diagnosed, or are misdiagnosed as something else.

But that's all stuff that would discredit and ruin the flimsy "science fact" used in this episode.

Guys, remember if you're discussing downloaded material, to quote legal sources such as Amazon, iTunes etc where they can be purchased, or I'm going to assume y'all mean illegal sources (file sharing programs such as Limewire, Kazaa, etc) which are against the Board Rules to discuss here. Thanks. ;)

OK. I wasn't sure if you were talking about me or not. Sorry if I did a bad, but Napster is legal. :)
You have to have a membership and everything now. :)

And just to make this post legal, I ranted early about how bad I thought the finale was, but now after some thought, it wasn't all that bad. Although I was really disappointed that the whole Jesus statute falling on H didn't happen. That idea really was just too funny. :)
And I agree with the others above that I think we got so worked up before the show about all the spoilers, that how could it not be somewhat of a letdown. I am really going to try and not do the whole spoiler thing from now on. Wish me luck. :)

I still haven't digested that finale. I mean srsly, what the hell kind of finale was that?
Were they out of money for their season budget? 'Cause that was CHEAP!

And when Alexx was washing the body... why, why, why, did they let that horrible soundtrack though? It was incredibly creepy. Was the person in charge of sounds/music death that day?

And how come no one noticed the difference between the signature "Y and y" it was so obvious. Forget that it was left handed right handed. The signaure wasn't the same.

i just watched it and it wasnt horrible like some people are saying
i mean yea im still wondering about a lot of things but it was like a regular season episode of you know what i mean
but now i think that i regret watching it because my heart is beating really fast right now (im E/C:p)

I actually really liked this episode. I guess the fact that I wasn't spoiled really helped because I didn't have any expectations. I'm glad that it was just kind of a regular episode without lots of character drama because there has been a lot of character drama this season already with Ryan gambling and getting fired, Delko almost dying, Natalia's ex-husband showing up, and Calleigh getting run off the road etc etc. I think that anything else overally dramatic would have been overkill. Although I would love to see Horatio get hurt at some point...maybe they'll use the idea next season.

I loved the scene with Eric and the little girl! I think he needs kids ASAP! It was also nice to see Natalia helping Ryan out and the scene at the end with Eric and Calleigh definitely has me intrigued for next season. The case had an interesting motive and was also kind of sad.

On another note, I found the episode more realistic looking with less of those annoying orange, yellow, blue hues.

I agree, at first I was very disappointed about the plane crash and Horatio being in danger part not happening, but now that I have had a chance to think more clearly about it, I can see that maybe the writers and producers are trying to set up some really good story lines for season 6 when hopefully Sofia Milos will become a full-time part of the show again. I have decided to also focus on the positives for example;

1) The colors do look much better with less of the ultra bright oranges, and greens, they could still tone down the pineapple yellow and show more of the beautiful blue Miami water.

2) I actually like the Calleigh-Eric-Jake story line, Jake is sorta cute and he gives the
show life; you can see how the writers and producers can stretch that story line out forever if they give it the proper attention it deserves.

3) I don’t know why people wanted to see Horatio get hurt and be placed in danger! I was only upset that it did not happened because I wanted it to possibly be a way to bring Yelina (also Susie, Madison, and Ray Jr. ) back into Horatio’s life to help him recover, but now I’m starting to think, the writers and producers said that she is coming back, so I just have to look forward to next year; I have however decided to stop reading and believing any spoilers what so ever because both TV guide , AD and DC themselves said that things would happen that did not happen, that really is why I was disappointed, I felt let down, lied to, and misled for being a loyal long time, interested trusting fan.

4) I am happy the DC looks much better, he has lost a lot of weight, he looks fit, his face looks better and he was more active and involved, hopefully next year he will actually go back into the lab again, lose even more weight and be ready for a love scene with Yelina!

5) I agree that this episode was not like the season finales that we have been use to, but this episode was a good stand alone season episode, just not a good season finale episode, the episode was more realistic, at least did not involve rich people killing each other and remember guys, this criminal killed people in Boston, so Horatio could still be getting on that plane to take him to Boston to stand trial and just think, wouldn’t it be great if Sofia went with him and they had romantic time alone!!!

6) Since I can’t stand either Natalia or Ryan I was glad to see them together so that way they don’t take time away from other characters with their bad acting and whiny voices.

7) I like seeing Stetler in the episode because he has history with Horatio and when he is involved in the show it gives the show more of a season 1-3 feel, which is good.

:cool: Eric’s hair is growing back and he is starting to become more like his feisty regular self instead of the brain injured mistake making Eric.

Just remember guys, spoilers and promos always make it seem like something is going to happened, and then when it does not, you get really mad and disappointed, that is why I try not read too much into the promos and listen too much to the spoilers, so all and all, I’m looking forward to season 6 because I do think that the writers and producers are trying to right the ship, they aren’t stupid people, they know that the ratings have dropped and fans aren’t happy, I have decided to give the show another chance because it still is a very interesting and most of the time ultra cool show.

Back