Episode #518 'Triple Threat' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I'm noticing why these episodes ever since Man Down haven't been the greatest. No Character Drama. Its just the crime, and nothing else. :(

H's "...cold as ice" in the beginning truly made me cringe, as did Calleigh's neckline. Between Catherine, Stella and Calleigh, it's the CSI Boob Brigade.
:lol:

What is up with Calleigh not working the crime scenes? I miss that a lot. :(

And I did NOT like how Boa Vista was all like "I'm good at what I do. I can tell the difference." She made it sound like it was her and her alone who worked the case. Eric cracked it, and he wouldn't have been able to crack it had Ryan not found the single blood drop. Put the credit where it is deserved.

i know...i hate her for that...... :mad:........i think she shuld have said it's what we do we're good at it...not that's what i do, i'm good at it....that way she would have given everyone proper credit......but....nooooooooooooo all she thought about was herself........ :mad:

Okay I just saw it and here are my takings.

When I first saw that ice thing my first thought was 'Fortress of Solitude!' Then, murder weapon. And yes, I can say safely that DC probably had a cold or flu or something. Even TV stars get sick. :lol: And that was the worst one-liner of the season, by far. 'As cold...as ice.' Bleh.

But for me at least, it picked up. Overall I actually liked this episode, at least a whole lot more than 'A Grizzly Murder.' For me, this one was interesting, I actually liked the little twists, and I thought the acting was good and kind of funny at times. And Noah was so freakin cute!

When H said 'He's a lucky kid...his father's a good man.' I wanted to give him a hug. Poor H's father wasn't a good man, Dominic. But we got a smile! And a kid- brings back the H that loves kids. I must be brief but I actually liked this ep in total even though there wasn't enough Ryan. Bring on the Wolfe! (he looked cute as well :D)

it was an awesome episode... i would have to say the best case of the season, so complicated yet they made it seem so easy to undrstand even with the whole antibodies stuff... it was definitely a kodak moment for H wen he was smilling wen he saw the little cute baby

i have to say H is coming back little by little first the love for kids then here comes the old school love for Y

My fav line is when the guy says he felt like "he was in one of those gum commericals" when he is describing the Ashley and her sister. My cousin and I laughed so hard :lol:

Well, I must say that while I’ve seen better, this could have been much worse. I found it to be at least an enjoyable waste of an hour. Let’s see, I completely missed the whole “E” bit, but I have it on tape, so I can go back and find it. I hope I don’t find it; what, is Horatio trying to name all of his CSIs after drugs? I know “Speed” fit and sounded right, but come on, first “Speed”, then “E”?

Hats off to the actress who played all three triplets for not only convincingly doing a scene with herself, but also for giving each triplet their own personality, making them seem like a different actress was playing each one. That’s what I call acting. Also, I must give credit to the others who had to do a scene with two or three of the triplets at the same time; having to pretend that someone is there when they’re really not is tough, especially when you’re being filmed.

Next, yay for continuity for both Eric’s head and Ryan’s eye! I loved both Ryan’s calm demeanour when he confronted Eric, and Eric’s hostility towards Ryan. It just fit the both of them so well, like back in the season three days. But while I do love him, having Eric solve the problem again sort of, I don’t know; it seems like the producers are trying to say “Hey, look, there’s nothing seriously wrong with Eric, just a little memory problems and double vision. Other than that, he’s a super CSI!”

Oh, and the “colder than ice” line? … I’m not going to say anything about that; I’d rather pretend it didn’t happen.

I can’t stand Natalia, I really really can’t. However, I will say that her character is getting stronger. I don’t like her, but she’s building herself up as a potent CSI.

A lot of people were complaining about the lack of character screen time (heck, where was Cynthia?), and I think it’s because there are too many characters in the show. When it started, it was a small cast show, and was written as a smaller cast show. Then, in season five, they for some reason felt the need to throw everyone they could into every single episode, seriously depleting the screen time available and turning some characters into nothing more than someone who is just there for being there. However, the writers still seem to be writing the show like it was for seasons 1-3. It’s not a small cast any more, so it should not be written as one. Either that, or go back to a small cast (I vote for Natalia leaving).

And that is my rant for this episode. I give it a 7/10, for Horatio’s genuine smile at the end (OMG HE IS HUMAN!!!) :)

bird_of_flame, you reminded me of everything I forgot to add to my own little rant.

Yay for continuity as well- loved the reference to 'Nailed' and Eric's seeing issues. It shows that the CSIs (except Horatio) are human and he still is getting back into the groove. I alos loved how Ryan was sympathetic to his problem.

And I thought the three-some was very believeable- good job on the effects, sometimes you can tell in shows or movies where one actor plays multiple parts but this was very realalistic and kudos to that actress. I was even wondering whodunnit.

I give it an 8/10- it kept me engaged and was pretty well done. Horatio sounded so human because he had that cold too! AND THE SMILE!

I can't tell you all how relieved I was to see H smile and act more human. Hopefully this trend of de-Super H-isation will continue until he's back to the H we know and love.

Hi I am new here.

First off, I'd like to say I like Horatio. Always did from the beginning. I never cared for Speed, except that he had a cool nickname. I liked Valera when she wasn't a blonde. And Calleigh was always superb, like H. I was never crazy about Eric. He was always way too moody and comes across too nonchalant. I like the guy in the AV dept. And the girl who did the letters/paper stuff. She was cool and has potential. Too bad they don't write her in more. I didn't like Alex at first, but she is growing on me. I liked H's SIL for him. She was the only one I thought good enough... a great match. None of his other loves come close. I liked Natalia in the beginning, but I am starting to dislike her as a CSI on the field. Where in the world is her experience for that? Please. I think she should stick to lab work, like the other labbies.

Now on to last nights show.

I just do not get this plot. It is too unreal. Way unreal. How in the world can the wife(s) not know that hubby has a double!!!!! Jeez whiz. Come on! That is soo not real life. Come on. And how do you keep it a secret that you don't have sisters???? They never showed up for their wedding ???? Family gatherings???? pahlease. Sometimes these Miami storylines are way out...too way out. I wish they would stick to real stuff. Like H's past. That kept us on our seats for months. :)

Sigh.
:confused:

Welcome to Fort Miami SL2! I agree about H, but I like Eric and Speed is my second fave. And about last night, you're right. I mean, not all the people who are murdered are wealthy businessmen and gorgeous, young girls. I miss the old plots that are more normal, where normal people are murdered in norml places. In fact, more lower-middle class people are murderd in slums. Get real, Miami.

Have fun here! *gives cookies and brownies*

cainesugar said:
^ I haven't seen it but people are saying he had a cold. Maybe he was tired and sick. :lol:

so I'm not not hearing things...
:lol: is just me or are did Greg Sanders trade stylists with Ryan Wolf... :rolleyes: actually they both look great so doubt it matters

Anyway, thought it was an entertaining episode liked the going back to the science this week! :)

Ryan's trying to understanding to Eric... but his evil twin Derrick is taking over again.

delkolover said:

Yeah and the whole H calling Eric "E"...whose dumb idea was that?

Now we have to wait like 3 weeks for another ep....who the hell decided how to air these eps?

Boy I ask that same question about every show lately. Why must they flirt around with epps. Just show the damn things in a row or at least sets(like 3 or 4 in a row).

As for H calling Eric "E" I was too surprised. But then I still don't get the whole Mr. Wolfe thing either.

As for the episode I wasn't that thrilled with it and like some of you have said TV Guide and the title of the show have ruined it as I knew it would be triplets. So that kinda killed the story surprised for me.

See, I don't mind spoilers (hell, I go out of my way to look for them), but I probably would have enjoyed the whole triplet plot twist thing much more had it been a complete surprise. Although, I wonder how much of a surprise it would have been since the title is "Triple Threat". One would probably come to the conclusion that there were actually triplets after Eric discovers the two women sitting in the car.

The twist and surprise for me was the husband not really being dead; that's how you do a plot twist. Was it just me, or did anyone suddenly think of the movie "Face Off" when Alexx said the victim had plastic surgery to look like the husband?

Oh yeah, and that whole woman being chopped to bits case? It just felt like filler; really really bad and oddly placed filler. Heck, I didn’t even remember it until now.

I can see why people make fun of H more then ever now. The truth is more clear then ever; the shows getting worse. Why the hell couldn't we stay in S2?!

Hankster said: When H said "As cold... as... ice" I expected Vanilla Ice to jump into the scene and say "YO! H! That's MY LINE!"
*laughs ass off* :lol:

Ok, i'm hearing things. Did H call Eric 'E'? Please tell me i'm wrong.

Damn i wished i could of seen the episode! *kicks the cat*

Back