Episode #518 'Triple Threat' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

ahahh that whole cold as ice thing had me laughing soo bad
i love his cheesy one liners!! BRING EM ON!!! ahhaha
i love counting them through out a show ahahah
:)

that episode was one of the best everrrr ... i was so confused the whole time and i loved it.

First of all I enjoyed this episode mostly because it had the lovely Leslie Bibb playing triplets. It was so tragic that her character got killed off on Crossing Jordan (yes I know that it was one of the first CSI copycats but its still quite enjoyable).

Anyway I was wondering what are the odds of identical triplets being born?

A case involving three identical triplets was just used in an episode of Jane Doe on the Hallmark Channel. I wonder which writers came up with it first.

church2001 said:

the odds of having identical triplets, all naturally, is about 1 in 15 million.

theres a fact of the day for ya aha :)

hot4jontogo said:
church2001 said:

So I take it fertility drugs increase those numbers.

church2001 said:
hot4jontogo said:
church2001 said:

So I take it fertility drugs increase those numbers.

Actually, I don't think even drugs can make that result. Fertility drugs may increase the likelihood of multiple births, but to be 'identical' one egg would have to split three times.

Now I just read that multiple births, meaning two or more, equal about 2% of all births. So I would imagine that fraternal twins would be most like of them, identical twins/fraternal triplets, then the smaller percent would probably be identical triplets.

That's just my thoughts on it. As for exactly what percentage, I don't know. :p

ETA: OK, I found a site that said this: "The odds of triplets occurring naturally are about one in 6,400"

ya know they were making fun of horatio's opening line in the show "The Soup" i was dying when they showed it only b/c i knew that they were probably going to make fun of it when i heard the quote :lol:

ETA: OK, I found a site that said this: "The odds of triplets occurring naturally are about one in 6,400"

but thats fraternally ... identical triplets are really rare

I was watching this episode.

and I know beforehand about the triplets, and after awhile when the 3rd when hadn't appeared, I was like hmmm...where is she?, when does she come in?

overall, this episode was great.

the look-alike threw me off. I was like triplets AND twins?!

Back