Episode #501 'Rio' ***RE-AIRING DEC 4, 2006***

Re: Episode #501 'Rio' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Lucy said:
It possibly isn't the writers fault that they've had to replace Dean Winters. There is probably a practical reason for it, ie. DW was unavailable. Just speculation on my part, but I agree that it is disappointing.

Yeah, I was thinking of that too. But how much scenes Ray sr. can have?

*mumbles*

^ Good point. If it is only a very brief scene with just H, then you would have thought something could have been arranged in the US. If he has more than one scene involving characters other than H (Riaz, Yelina, Ray Jnr?), then it would be difficult.

I have to say though, that I'm more excited about this premiere than any other. I'm sure I don't need to explain why! ;) :D

Stzill it is possible they will have flashbacks with Ray Snr. with Yelina telling Horatio what happened how Raymond had changed and all that stuff. I swear I will be so much dissapointed if they wouldn't have him in flashbacks... I mean, maybe that's just my 2 cents but I have been waiting for him desperately...

I'm really excited how long they will stay in Brazil and what happens in Miami during that time.

But we know Horatio he can't stand beeing away from Miami for too long so this won't be anylonger than 3 oder 4 epis I guess.

There's a posibility that they'll have him in flashbacks, because as we all know, this is CSI and they're real big on flashbacks. - Considering the time frame, so much has to happen that they might not have the flashbacks. (Well, they have time so slip in Marisol so who knows. :rolleyes: )

I actually think Brazil is only Rio! Or maybe Rio and If Looks Could kill. Because Calleigh has to smooth things over while Horatio is in Rio becuase of the mole.

Horatio's behavior is absolutely understandable, he wants to safe Ray's life and Yelina and Junior because Riaz said he'd kill everyone H loves (just what I heared, didn't have the epi running yet) but it's somehow irresponsible... because he knows the mole is still at the lab and she'll somehow work there while he's gone. I'm really excited about how he'll handle that.

Why do I see that following coming...

Calleigh is in the lab
Calleigh: I wonder what Horatio is doing right now...
She stares off into space and then suddenly it flashes to Horatio chasing after the big-baddie.

There's everyones one little scene of Calleigh and the lab, then from there it will be dum-dum-duh "The Horation Drama Power Hour"
Blah.

But I can't wait. How many more days! HOW MANY!

Megan
*starts counting on her fingers and Season Five Bunnies Feet*

Well that could happen, because I guess that Rio will really be focused on the happenings in Rio just like the name of the ep. says... just 8 more days to go I guess...

But I hope there'll be a lot happening when H is back in Miami, cause there are some things he should start to process, he has to deal with...

I'm pretty excited wether or not he will tell his mates what happened down there.

Whereas I thought about everything:

Riaz wanted to have Marisol killed because she should testify against him in court.

He wanted to get Horatio out of the way to become "the king of miami" and wanted to hurt him badly.

But we know that as well as Ray Snr. Ray jnr. is involved into Riaz' drug circle, why didn't riaz just go and tell H he'd kill Snr??

That would have been so much more of a weapon against him than killing Marisol off. Okay, he loved her, but everyone who knows H knows he loves his family esp. his lil brother more than anyone else.

And now when Riaz had killed Marisol he has to go back to Rio to kill his family.

That's bullshit.

So... I'm sooo damn confused by this whole Riaz story and hope RIO will proof me wrong.

This is CSI:Miami. It's not supposed to make sense.

But the entire thing puzzled me too, and I'm still a little mad about Horatio and Eric taking that gang guy out to the glades. That was a terrible way to go about it. You didn't see Horatio beating the crap out of everyone when Speed died, or when Ray 'died'. (I'd say the hair pulling and pushing during Lost Son was called for though)

They have a real big issue for character continuity. And yeah, the Riaz story has me confused too. I hope the writers know what they're doing because I sure as hell don't. :rolleyes: I shall call season five the 'confuzzled season' :lol:

Season Five Bunny wants this season to be called 'his masterpeice'.

With things going the way they are, I think a bunny could write something more sounds. Sidebar - did you know that if you put a monkey in front of a keyboard he'll wind up typing the entire works of Shakespeare at one point.

What I don't understand the most is it seems to become about revenge. Isn't all against revenge. Touching on snickergeek's comment, if he's so hung up on it, why didn't he do it for Speed? He considers the group his family and if he loves his family so much, why the hell didn't he seek revenge for Speed's death. Or did he, and now he's just taking it to the next extreme because he's really pissed off? But why would he more pissed off then before? I under that Marisol was his wife - of two-and-a-half shows - but what is the real reason?

I think there is some underlying storyline we don't know about it or haven't seen. I think Raiz has done more then kill Marisol and I'm not talking about killing his brother and/or Ray Jr. I think something happened a long time ago.

Or Horatio has just gone insane and popped a gasket.

As far as Delko goes, if that were my sister, my ass would be in Rio too. But I don't understand why Horatio has to go? Moral support? Logic remains to be seen here, unless I just closed my eyes and shoved the pillow over my head one night.

Megan
*watches season five bunny typing up season six*

Horatio has to go to Rio to find Riaz and avenge Marisol's death. Also, his family are in danger ie. Raymond, Yelina and Ray Jnr. Riaz said that he would "take everything Horatio loves."

I suppose Speed was killed in the line of duty whereas Marisol was deliberately targeted. H is more likely to seek revenge in these circumstances. I do agree though that Horatio's actions at the end of last season were very out of character.

The situations are indeed different so I understand why Horatio is doing this. It seems a little silly to compare Speed and Marisol. I guess some fans just expected Horatio to act a little more like he did during Marisol's death, for Speed. (Given they knew each other longer, and what happened, should not have happened at all.)

The writers probably wanted to diferentiate themselves from the two similar situations as well. Horatio handled things generally professionally after Speed's death, and after Marisol's death, he gets a little more angry. But hey, love makes us do crazy things right? :rolleyes:

And it did make me angry that he was so out of character. He's always been a 'think with your head, not with your heart' kind of guy in most circumstances.

*sigh* I don't think I'm making any sense.

I read somewhere(don't remember where) that H married M for moral support not love. So no love really didn't play into it. To be there during her time of need. Also like with Yelina, he has this need to protect people especially women I guess because of what happened with his mom. So the anger I guess comes not beacause he was so deeply in love with her but because of the way she died. Does any of this make sense? LOL

well i swear if H doesn't freak out when he found Ray's body, i am gonna freak out. i have a lil sister on my own and i would just... jump from the roof if something happenes to her. i mean the way he handled speed's death was... crab. the way he was about marisol was just weird but if he'll be like "oh okay ray's dead" i am soooo gonna freak out.

i mean H at the end really is looking to take care for his family first, if he would still be H from s1 through 3. and then because of revenge.

just like SC said. CSI Miami doesn't make sense.

That's why it's turning into a soap opera.

Also like with Yelina, he has this need to protect people especially women I guess because of what happened with his mom.
With Yelina, you can also throw love into the mix too, not just protection. ;)

Back