"Ending Happy" Discussion *Spoilers*

The ending (The scene between the CSIs were great) but the reinactment from Happy was "dumb". It looked a like a bad horror movie gone totally wrong.

Well I think that was the whole point of the episode. It was like a bad horror flick with what happened to this guy. I mean those people tried to kill him numerous times, and had failed attempts.

I loved Catherine, but they seemed to just put her there - to have Catherine in the episode.

I agree, and the same about Warrick. The problem is CSI is trying too hard to focus on everything that it makes it seem planted, and the direction is lost. Even the GSR moments seemed out of place and unprofessional. I do think this couple should be displayed...but not so much at work. I'm so sick of seeing this couple working together while being a couple, and then they have sex talks while on the job?!? :eek: I just think there is a time and place for this sort of talk, and it should not be mixed with work. Why are the writers writing these characters so out of CHARACTER? Sara's what...now a poetry girl, and Grissom NOW shares intimate details of his sex life while on the job? Unless maybe the writers know something we don't, and they feel pressure to speed their relationship up?

I think that Grissom and Sara have changed since being together. They seem like many couples that work together, even the ones that try to keep the relationship secret. You talk when and where you can... it may seem inappropriate, but to them it's a moment stolen in their otherwise hectic lives.

Rhonda~

The Hodges scene was pretty funny, him admitting to hiring a prostitute when he was 17. That has Hodges written all over it.

It so did. I wrote something in the Hodges thread about his scene, a little and very weird and out there theory that I have, all are welcome to see.

I think that Grissom and Sara have changed since being together. They seem like many couples that work together, even the ones that try to keep the relationship secret. You talk when and where you can... it may seem inappropriate, but to them it's a moment stolen in their otherwise hectic lives.

Sorry, but its unprofessional..but then again that is usually what results out of relationship with someone you work with. Hence the reason a majority of these relationships don't work out and end badly. Couples need that line of separation, and Grissom not being able to instill that line is a bad thing. He is her supervisor. At work he should remain her supervisor. Not only was their banter inappropriate, but it also is distracting for what THEY should be concentrating on.

More to the point, that sort of banter should have taken place at the end of their shift!

I liked this episode. It certainly gets the trophy for so-far this-season's oddest eppy. It was like Rashomama crossed with Choas theory. Brass definately stole the show- he was fantastic in the interrogations. I loved all the characters at the ranch. They were so dysfunctional, and each one seemed to have a different accent. I especially loved the little old man- he was so sweet! I liked the scene between him and Sara.

At the opening scenes, I didn't think I was going to like this episode, but when Brass started talking to the girls, I just started cracking up and didn't stop until the end when Doc Robbins was doing the autopsy report. I didn't mind the Grissom and Sara scene, but it seemed like it should've been at the end in the lab instead of at the crime scene. It was very randomly placed.

All in all, pretty good and really funny (right around this time is when they do all their funny episodes it seems- then they drag out the misery for the finale). I missed some of the main cast, though. But really good anyway.

Waiting said:
The ending (The scene between the CSIs were great) but the reinactment from Happy was "dumb". It looked a like a bad horror movie gone totally wrong.

Well I think that was the whole point of the episode. It was like a bad horror flick with what happened to this guy. I mean those people tried to kill him numerous times, and had failed attempts.

I loved Catherine, but they seemed to just put her there - to have Catherine in the episode.

I agree, and the same about Warrick. The problem is CSI is trying too hard to focus on everything that it makes it seem planted, and the direction is lost. Even the GSR moments seemed out of place and unprofessional. I do think this couple should be displayed...but not so much at work. I'm so sick of seeing this couple working together while being a couple, and then they have sex talks while on the job?!? :eek: I just think there is a time and place for this sort of talk, and it should not be mixed with work. Why are the writers writing these characters so out of CHARACTER? Sara's what...now a poetry girl, and Grissom NOW shares intimate details of his sex life while on the job? Unless maybe the writers know something we don't, and they feel pressure to speed their relationship up?

Yes, I agree, they have changed the characters to make this relationship fit, and now it seems like Grissom doesn't care about his work anymore. I have lost so much respect for him. They keep flirting at crime scenes, its morbid and not appropriate. Also, they have been working together pretty much every eppy, and I am so sick of it. I want to see the team work together, not show Grissom and Sara for half the eppy, and then switch off. I am still in shock that Grissom was actually allowed to talk to Catherine near the end of the ep.

I just don't like how Sara seems to have fallen into the teenage behavior of changing so Grissom will like her more...you know, when you liked the cool kid in school and tried EVERYTHING possible to get them to like you back, including ditching your oldest friends and pretending to like things they like...say, poetry for example! I get the feeling she's trying too hard.

I agree, I have always thought Sara would be way better off without Grissom, her whole identity seems to be wrapped up in trying to get Grissom to like her, and it is kind of pathetic...it seems like the writers are trying too hard, trying to get people to like this storyline...

I think the whole "Relationship at work is so unproffesional" needs to seriously back up a bit.. You would NOT be saying that if it was your ship. /end of rant/

I liked Sara reciting poetry, the lines were delivered amazingly.

The old guy did his scenes pretty good too. Like I said before; he almost made me tear up. At first when he said "Someone shot my wife" everyone was ignoring him.. But when we realized that someone really had shot an arrow at his wife - it was a heartbreaking scene. "Keep the faith Milton" I don't think anyone else but Sara could have did those lines the way she did.

I agree that it seems they are trying to make everyone jump on the GSR bandwagon. I, for one, will never be jumping on it.

I think they really need to go back to the two cases per episode because at least then you got a good usage of all the cast.

gsrLOVE said:
I think the whole "Relationship at work is so unproffesional" needs to seriously back up a bit.. You would NOT be saying that if it was your ship. /end of rant/

I liked Sara reciting poetry, the lines were delivered amazingly.

The old guy did his scenes pretty good too. Like I said before; he almost made me tear up. At first when he said "Someone shot my wife" everyone was ignoring him.. But when we realized that someone really had shot an arrow at his wife - it was a heartbreaking scene. "Keep the faith Milton" I don't think anyone else but Sara could have did those lines the way she did.

Grissom isn't Catherines supervisor...and I don't want the ship to happen on the show, because the original Grissom (not this season's Grissom) wouldn't do it, because of ethics. Grissom is Sara's supervisor, he needs to start acting like it.

I don't really understand how Sara's reciting poetry means she's showing off for Grissom. I mean, he wasn't even there. And she waited until even Nick had left to do it.

Also, Sara is highly educated and well read. She has often identified authors quoted by Grissom. That she would recognize Longfellow--one of the most recited poets by American schoolchildren--is hardly strange. Heck, I knew it was Longfellow when I heard it. I couldn't remember the words, but I remembered the gist. Sara is one up on me there.

Finally, even if her interest in poetry has been sharpened due to her relationship with Grissom, doesn't that make characterological sense? I mean, her boyfriend of two years loves poetry. She'd probably find her interest in poetry reawakened or heightened. There are lots of things I didn't do or didn't do much when I met my husband that I now do a lot, because he loves to do them (and vice versa). Seems pretty standard in a committed relationship.

Anyway, I don't find her reciting poetry out of keeping with her character, nor do I believe it is a sign of her being a teacher's pet. But, YMMV.

Grissom is Sara's supervisor, he needs to start acting like it.

You're right - all that preferential treatment he's been giving her in front of the others, the way he shoves everyone else to the side when Sara demands the best case...

Oh, wait.

Right.

I mean, come on. Other than the relationship itself, you see no indication of it when they're around the others, and it hardly looks as though she's using some kind of "clout" with him that he needs to smack down.

If anything, Sara did that stuff when they weren't together.

Back