"Ending Happy" Discussion *Spoilers*

Thought that was one of the funniest eppies I've seen, not enough Greggo though his scene with Hodges reminded more of the old Greg. :D

Thought the GSR scene at the being was cute.

Brass and Doc Robbins were great, they really made me laugh.

Poor happy had a really bad night! :lol: :lol:
Lot of dark humor in this eppy, which I liked. I'm weirdlike that.

well we are all entitled to our opinion. i really enjoyed tonight's epi...it was light and funny...all the different twists and turns...and hodges made me laugh so hard...it's not the best i've seen but it was great nonetheless.

Hm. Yeah.

It was okay.

I liked the concept. The idea that there were multiple causes of death and neither one could really be tied down as the right one. Poor Doc will be writing that report for a long while. :lol: This was def the Doc Robbins Episode. I don't think he's had that much screentime...um, ever?

Anyway, the concept was cool and since I can't think of any other way it could've been executed, the writers did alright. Anyone recognize the blond hooker? Dreamer, I think was her name. Growing Pains. Yeah, I'm serious.

The Sara and Grissom talk. Why in the hell would she even think Grissom would pay for extracurricular activities? Is that a sign of mistrust on her part? Or is that the evil girlfriend tactic where said girlfriend inquires about boyfriend's previous sexual exploits in which to use later against the boyfriend when they might fight over something random down the road? That didn't make sense (my analysis or Sara asking in the first place). Hey, Lewis? Goldfinger? You used to make Sara rather sweet and endearing. Bring her back. Please.

There were parts I enjoyed. Like Brass. He's my hero.

Hodges is love.

*looks around* Greg? Warrick? You still there? Sorry, must've blinked, because I missed you guys.

Yeah, I think that's all I have. Best quote? There were a lot (which is funny because the episode as a whole was rather dull), but I'll pick this one:

Brass: Wow.

Yeah, Jim. Couldn't have summed up this epi any better.

While this episode was far from gripping, it did make me lol more than most and I loved the Brass humor. I love GSR scenes but that one was a little awkward...it felt forced and out of character... It was such an impersonal random setting to discuss sex when up til now that whole area has been revealed to us only in small glimpses. It loses the sweetness and mystery when it is just a random conversation about their sex life... though I did think it was sweet that Grissom was telling her he loved her in a very roundabout way. Just placing the conversation in a more personal setting would have helped...

Yeah if you did blink you would have missed Warrick for sure and Greg basically too.

I didn't think the "pleasure girls" were very interesting either. All of them dumb as posts and boring.

I did enjoy seeing the old character actor James Whitmore. I used to see him in a lot of my favorite old TV shows going back to the early 1960's. He was in "The Shawshank Redemption" also used to do those "Miracle Grow" gardening commercials. Cool old guy.

I was rather amazed that Sara remembered the end of that poem. She never struck me as someone who would read poetry let alone memorize it. And yes, I had to grit my teeth and cringe when she and her man were discussing whether he had ever paid for sex. Gross.

I thought tonight's episode was one of the worse I'vs ever seen. I can see what the writers were attempting to do, however it really back fired. The guy having all of those fatal injuries with not one of them killing him, sort of reminded me of the season one episode Unfriendly Skies with the man on the plane dying after being beaten by all of the passengers and the team trying to figure out who cause the fatal blow. I think the writers may have been trying to recapture season one recently, I can think of two other examples of this off the top of my head.

1. Empty Eyes and Blood Drops both involve a house full of people who end up dead, Sara gets very emotional in both episodes, and both episodes had the at least one of the victims raped.

2. Paul Millander/MCSK both are multi ark episodes of serial killers who know how to get to Grissom and both aer/were experienced at working with their hands in either a career or lifelong hobby.

Back to tonight's episode, really even Brass who can make most episodes great couldn't do anything to salvage this.

I'm starting to lose hope with the show, and I hope that the network and producers will cancel it before it gets much worse, but maybe this was a one time failure and they'll make it up during the final episodes.

ETA: One other thing I wanted to say abotu the episode, the acting by the guest stars was abominable, I understand hiring acotrs who may not be as good as they can get in order to make it seem a bit more real, but the guest stars in this episode were just bad.

I actually liked the episode. It was a light episode and we needs those every know and then.

Loved how the sheriff got caught with his boots in the girls room. The look on Grissoms and Sara's faces were priceless! Gotcha!!

Brass was hilarious in this one. He was so excited to finally get an arrest only to have Doc Robbins call him and tell him that there was another cause of death.

Good eppie!

Toots said:
I didn't think the "pleasure girls" were very interesting either. All of them dumb as posts and boring.

I assume you responded to my Growing Pains remark? Just to clarify, I meant the actress that played Dreamer the Hooker also played Chrissy on Growing Pains. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I kept watching her scenes and going, "Aww, that's so wrong. She's Mike's sister."

Anyway, as for the hooker's being growing pains in the a**? Yeah, totally with you there. lol.

edog said:
Toots said:

I assume you responded to my Growing Pains remark? Just to clarify, I meant the actress that played Dreamer the Hooker also played Chrissy on Growing Pains. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I kept watching her scenes and going, "Aww, that's so wrong. She's Mike's sister."

Anyway, as for the hooker's being growing pains in the a**? Yeah, totally with you there. lol.

The whole episode...I was wondering where is that girl from?!

The one guy, I forgot his name, but he was from Bad Boys 2, the russian guy. The cop in the beginning looked really familiar too, I'm gonna look him up now.

Ohhh and I thought some of the girls were pretty cute, the brown haired one especially.

ETA: The cop was from The Pursuit of Happiness & Anger Management, that is why he looked familiar

I assume you responded to my Growing Pains remark?

Actually no. I was not responding to anyone's opinion. It was my own thought/opinion about the girls. And apparently I wasn't alone in thinking their acting was subpar.

Yeah, there were lots of familiar faces. That part I liked too. I think Toots mentioned above, about the cool old guy. Yeah, Shawshank Redemption? James Whitmore's character Brooks was my fav character.

EDIT: Ah, okay. Sorry to assume then, Toots. ;) We were still in agreement, though.

You might also recognize Dreama as Mel Gibson's daughter from What Women Want, and she plays the voice of Spinelli on Recess.

Back