"Empty Eyes" Discussion *SPOILERS*

i agree that Sara didn't have any important moments until this point and, yeah, it could have been viewed that she's there "only" for the relationship.

the thing is that Warrick or Nick didn't really have as much importance this season either. but they are not involved with anybody on a show so it wasn't accented that much. so i think it was a very smart move of TPTB to give a Sara-centric episode.

They need to make a Warrick centric episode. The finale better be his :mad:

After this episode, I just want to know a little more about his history. I could do less with his annoying wife, and more about him in some serious situation.

Nick and Catherine need to get hitched, man. Their eye-sex in the lab with Grissom and Warrick, phew. Okay, maybe it wasn't that intense, but they did share some looks :cool:

Alyssa said:
Hope that makes sense. LOL. I just took the second benadryl, so things are getting fuzzy.
lol I get you so I guess the benadryls haven't started working. :D To me, season 6 was just dull. Very few episodes are considered memorable by me. Gum Drops is certainly one of them. But if we don't count these few episodes, most of the main characters fell flat most of the time. That happened to almost the entire team, not just one of them. But in season 7, Grissom, Greg and Catherine all got their storylines (unfortunately we don't know what happened to Nick and Warrick) and Sara hadn't until Empty Eyes. She has had quite some screentime, but most of them were GSR and that's the reason why I said what I said about her and the relationship.

I have no doubt she was brilliant in this episode, though. I was glad they did remind us that Sara could do her work, on her own. And I certainly hope there will be more episodes like this one.

I actually didn't like season 6 as a whole, and didn't like Grissom's disappearing act, and the second half of the season for 6, but there were some great stand alone eppys. I actually re-watch a lot of season 6. I liked 'Dog eat Dog' so much. But overall, nothing happened. Nick got a lot of stuff, so i think that is why he isn't in this season as much, they usually alternate.

But this eppy made me realize how much I missed Warrick! where has he been at? Why don't they go back to doing the A case and B case, that way the can include all of the characters. They keep doing one case per eppy and this really takes away the characters screen time.

Alyssa said:
As for Grissom, I still think he owns the MCSK storyline. And, I'm curious if the janitor at the end of the episode has anything to do with the MCSK, because that would be brilliant. I mean, even if that woman isn't one of the MCSK, people talk. I'm sure janitors talk, and there could be discussion of what goes on behind the scenes. Cleaners can get into places without being noticed because, unfortunately, so much of society views them as "invisible." The killer is obviously targeting Grissom, and that is all his. No matter who else is involved in the case, Grissom is the one this killer wants to attack, to tweak, to get at. So, sure, I think killing Sara would be an option for the killer, especially if it's a cleaner who saw Gil and Sara walking out with his arm around her back. It's all set-up for something bigger... I can feel it. :) Or, that's just the benadryl.

I agree that it would be very clever to tie the janitor into the MCSK storyline, but I really don't see it happening. I think the only purpose of the janitor being there was to indicate that it was after shift, and the rest of the team had gone home. The only people left around were the janitors and G/S, so they didn't have to worry about getting caught being too close.

But this eppy made me realize how much I missed Warrick! where has he been at? Why don't they go back to doing the A case and B case, that way the can include all of the characters. They keep doing one case per eppy and this really takes away the characters screen time.
And here, xfcanadian, I will agree with you wholeheartedly and 100%. ;) Why the hell this show has not used Gary Dourdan for the past four freaking years is something I will never, never understand. All the characters go through spurts of being in the background... but it's a perennial thing for him!

And I agree with the A/B format too. I love the whole-gang-on-board case episodes... but I loved them more when they were a treat that we only got four, five times a season. Maybe it's that it's harder to write good mysteries and insert personal character moments & arcs (not just for the regular cast, but for guest stars/witnesses/suspects too), so they're relying on the one-case format these days. Which, granted, is better than a two-case format where everything is rushed because there's not enough time. But in any case, even if they'd make the formats half-and-half, I think it'd be an improvement.

This episodes sucked. Not because of Sara. No. Sara was fine in this episode.

I repeat, and I repeat again, again, she was fine. No, the problem was this episode sucked on its own merits. From beginning to end the episode sucked. The killer was uninspiring; he apparently decided to kill himself even though he "felt nothing". What a dumb contradiction.

This season has been very dull. I hope the next is better.

My favorite part in "Empty Eyes" was when Sara walked into the room where Nick was working and they exchanged words and then you see the look on Nick's face and you just want to cry. This guy wears his heart on his sleeve and thats why I love him so much. He's not ashamed to show his emotions or to cry or seem sympathic. His charecter is very human to me. Love Him. lol

ejacksonian said:
This episodes sucked. Not because of Sara. No. Sara was fine in this episode.

I repeat, and I repeat again, again, she was fine. No, the problem was this episode sucked on its own merits. From beginning to end the episode sucked. The killer was uninspiring; he apparently decided to kill himself even though he "felt nothing". What a dumb contradiction.

This season has been very dull. I hope the next is better.

This episode tipped the scale for me. It's the last one I watched. I'm gonna forget there ever was a S7. I am still in mourning over the CSI I knew. The one that didn't endessly reheat old episodes and serve pseudo-science on a regular basis.

S_Bright said:

This episode tipped the scale for me. It's the last one I watched. I'm gonna forget there ever was a S7. I am still in mourning over the CSI I knew. The one that didn't endessly reheat old episodes and serve pseudo-science on a regular basis.

Matey..
It's been pseudo-science since the beginning!! If they make it any more difficult, it would be over the heads of the general public. The 'science' on the show is reallyyy basic. If you want something more 'acidic', read a textbook! :)

lmao, i agree geeksworld. the thing is that they can't go back to the science that was earlier b/c, and i'm sure everybody knows it, technology and science move forward so fast that some of the methods they used in first seasons are old and there is plenty of new, more intersting ones. if they used the same science in every episode it would get soooo dull. want a show only about science? watch Discovery Channel. want a pure case file show? switch to Law and Order. if you complain that the science is not real, well, would you rather wait 2 weeks for every single DNA comparison? cuz, i don't. if they change some things about science, it's only to make it attractive, cuz, believe it or not, science can be boring and difficult for an average viewer.
to be honest i like the idea of coming back to old schemes. i can compare how much the show changed (read: how much more money do they have now, lol), and how the characters developed through the years. and i like it, it looks real to me. i think in general this show is a lot like real life. we have people who work, who change, and who engage in relationships without being soapy about it. they just are, and they do their jobs as good as they can.

The problem wasn't the old schemes, or the pseudo science. No, the problem was their was such HUGE buildup to the case. This person raped and killed five showgirls. Sounds like someone big. Instead, it was this lame man with a lame excuse who claimed to have felt nothing killing that one girl, yet tried to kill himself. Lame.

Well, that's usually the way it happens...the person involved ends up being a complete loser that no one would have noticed had they not made this big "show" of murdering people.

The one thing I 'liked' was when the murderer explained why he did what he did...it was pretty realistic. I know it may have seemed like a let-down to some people, but that's the way sociopaths really are!

I don't know how many times I've dealt with people who have done really heinous things and when you ask them about it, they seem so blank...so, blase about it. They describe murdering someone the same way you and I discuss the weather.

geeksworld said:

Matey..
It's been pseudo-science since the beginning!! If they make it any more difficult, it would be over the heads of the general public. The 'science' on the show is reallyyy basic. If you want something more 'acidic', read a textbook! :)
The big difference for me is that it was at least case-driven in the beginning. Now it's character-driven and soapy. It has been so since the start of S8, and its downward spiraling is increasing.

I'm sure some love personal dramas on a crime scene show, I simply don't. Writing cases solely to develop a character is not working for me, on the contrary in fact. Like in this one, the psychopath that tries to kill himself in a spout of guilt only to have the main character have her 30 seconds of drama. Lame.

Back